Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion The House Always Wins -- Darkwire Dominion of Bovo Yagen Hex

As he stands before her once again, answering his playful question, he can't help but chuckle a bit. The unpredictability in this person, he loved it. Talohn has a perhaps unhealthy love for people that can keep him on his ties. That might be why he likes the droid of his so much. When she offers him a drink, he nods. "Sounds good. I think I'll take something a bit lighter now though. I have to go home to my kid at least coherent or I'm just a bad dad. At least that's what society tells me." He shrugs, following behind her.

To strike up conversation, he decides to address her words in regards to mandalorians. "Indeed. Though, fun fact. The mandos didn't teach me how to fight. Mom did back on planet cathar. I revert to mandalorian fighting styles when in the armor because it's just a bit too heavy for extreme acrobatics. Though what you saw back there was actually a catharese style of combat. It was developed because we would often be fighting bigger creatures than us in the jungles of cathar, so we would use that pounce with spears as an ambush. By technicality, even though we're a sentient species, we go under the category of ambush predators. It's what we're known for. When ambushing, we use velocity to finish the foe off in one blow when we attack. I had a hard time getting it down when I was a kid, I was so puny. I was....12? When I managed to knock my mother on her ass for the first time. Catharese warriors also learn other forms of combat. Hand to hand, with our claws, viroblades, spears, bows. We still stick heavily to tribal roots despite the sith modernizing our tech. Anyways, sorry. I'm ranting." He chuckles a bit.

He sits down beside her at the counter. "What do ya want? Drinks are on me. Since my acrobatics did the terrible crime of making you suffer from dehydration." He teases her.

While he speaks, Zlova would notice the droid standing behind Talohn, though the cathar himself doesn't notice. Madlad simply takes a moment to point at her eyes with two fingers, and then turns that hand around to point at it's own single camera lens esque eye. It's got it's eye on her. It's only natural after what she did though.

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

Zlova strode back over to the bar and slowly sat down as Talohn spoke. Unlike some that preferred actions over words, the Lethan patiently smiled and listened to what the man had to say. Doubtful it would be the sort of galactic insight that she would prefer were she in the mood for business -- for focus being on Sith artifacts and powers, mostly -- but she wasn't there for business. A little commentary about a culture's take on combat was more than enough to hold her interest.

It was also nice of the man to recognize his sin in dehydrating a beautiful woman. Never turn down free drinks.

Her bright eyes could see the droid quite clearly, though whether her smile grew from the offer of a drink or the automaton's motions was anyone's guess. A brief interlude followed the bartender sliding up nearby for Zlova to drop, "Something strong. No kid to go home to. Speaking of, raising a little Mandalorian? Cute little monster, I bet. Someone as studious as you around you won't have to worry about them easily joining some authoritarian regime." No certainties there, but if they did they'd probably do it for a reason; better than most of the chaff that joined because they got swept away by grand tales of utter bantha poo doo.

"I'd offer to meet him, but children see the strangest things." Like, 'that women scares me.' Practiced smile not good enough to fool the little ones. Did wonders on the adults though. "But that doesn't mean you can't stare into my lovely eyes again some day. Depending on your work. Large galaxy; people tend to move around. What about you?"

Tag:
Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

After they both order their drinks, and Madlad gets the point across through it's threatening hand gestures, the droid simply goes back to sitting still at the bar, awaiting for some chaos to break out. By the stars, it was in the mood to snap a neck. Though, it always was. Talohn meanwhile, is checking himself over, for rips in the suit. It was his dad's, he'd hate to ruin it. Gifts from his parents were very cherished things.

Then she brings up the child, and he can't help but chuckle a bit at her words. "Monari? I'm not sure she'll ever go into the killing business. She uh....so much as a drop of blood strikes fear into her...." He takes in a deep sigh. "I don't blame her though. She...." He takes a moment, forming his words. The whole memory of that day still makes his fur stand on end. "The Amalgam killed her parents right in front of her. Only reason she made it out is her parents hid her in a dumpster before they were cut down. Amongst all the kids, and adults, I saw in that city, she was the luckiest out of all of them despite being made an orphan." He says, not willing to completely refer to the horrors he saw.

He pauses, taking a long drink of his wine as it's placed before him on the counter. "Anyways, enough about that. Kid doesn't need the merc or mando business with the talent she has. Monari is nine, yet she can make ion grenades, drones. The kid's a marvelous genius. Sure she won't ever go toe to toe with a krayt. But by the stars, she'll someday make equipment that could allow people to destroy one in a second." He sounds so proud, like a parent.

He looks at Zlova once again, grinning a bit. "Children are strange, and I'm sure she'd be fine with you. There's only one sith she abhors." When she asks if he gets around, he nods. "Merc work brings me place to place. And any place I can see those eyes is worth going to, I'm sure." He winks. "I can give you my holocom info if you want. Plan a meeting? Plan a killing? I have a feeling it'll be the latter. But hey, as I said, I'm sure you're even more beautiful when covered in blood."

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

Zlova chuckled at Talohn's expectations. "You are not wrong. About my tendencies. Only natural outcome of people being overly possessive of things that don't belong to them in the first place. Fortunately for you," she leaned forward in his direction, "I use a lightsaber. Less splash 'damage' if you're with me." Blood didn't go well with his fur, after all.

Her hand stretched out to idly stroke the side of his arm. The bright gaze of the Twi'lek fell along his form before they lift in a blink back to his face. "You wouldn't be disappointed. I've scared trainees white as a Hoth summer day with a Mandalorian-like orbital drop. Only real way to enter a planetary theater, isn't it?" Zlova laughed, quite enamored with the near-death experience long before ever seeing the enemy's face.

"So, let's trade holocoms. I'm sure a strong and smart warrior like yourself could use an extra blade or two at their side now and then. Someone you can trust is there for something other than whoever has the larger bank account." Though it would be a mistake to assume Zlova followed The Way or perhaps any other well-established philosophy or lifestyle. Her life was mercurial at best, and bitter ashes at worst. She made do.

A little bit like his adopted daughter, but that seemed to be common throughout the galaxy. Anyone with a normal life didn't get swept up in mercenary work or the Force.

Tag: Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

"And I'm sure working with a charmingly deadly lady such as yourself will be a delightful experience." He says, returning her compliments. He takes out his holopad and taps the screen a few times, bringing up his holocom signal. He then shows it to her. "Here ya go. I don't have anything to write it on. Actually, I haven't used lead or paper since I left Cathar all those years ago. Apparently the ability to writ is kinda rare outside of the sagelike types and historians? I dunno. Mom taught me how to write in catharese and basic."

He grins. "I've yet to do an orbital drop, The enclave is neutral, they don't do much of that stuff. It's more like a caolition of mandalorian mercenaries. Though I have to say, orbital drop sounds like a thrill and a half. Next time you get a job with one of those, invite me. I'll be a sad cat if you don't." He sates, pointing at her with a playful grin.

"I myself actually do have a job coming up if you'd like to join me. Stealing someone's family heirloom back from some sorta pirate crew. We're entitled to whatever other loot they have, but we have to give the family heirloom back. Plus it comes with a hefty paycheck on top of that. So we could perhaps hunt down and obliterate some pirates, then maybe do dinner. Or do dinner and obliterate pirates. The point is that pirates are being obliterated, and we can do dinner if that strikes your fancy. You got a favorite food?" Asking a sith out to dinner. You can't say he's not bold.

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

"Everyone loves their toys," Zlova agreed. Not that she bothered with paper, herself. Too easy to lost, damage, or destroy; it rarely withstood the rigors of time. Even so, the red woman knew how to write in the time honored tradition of stone etchings, air glyphs, or in the flesh of one's enemies. What could she say? The Sith liked to spice things up.

"Not many Mandalorians do much of that stuff any more. I've studied a great deal of the cultures at its heights over the millennium, however, and I believe they had it right back then." A low chuckle followed her remarks. Reckless endangerment was her thing. What was more exciting than nearly certain death? "The next blockaded planet or enemy fortress world I need to invade, then. You can even bring the droid." Her golden eyes slid to the side to regard the mechanical construct loitering nearby. It'd been unlikely Talohn would show up without Madlad, but Zlova felt like offering the bot something to chew on. Was there an ulterior meaning behind it?

Speaking of orbital drops, there were the Pirates again. Different crew, of course. The other ones were dead. Not that death could stop someone extremely driven to exact revenge, of course. Wasn't usually a problem with a bunches of glorified thieves. "Long as it isn't McYoda's." Sometimes a busy woman had to get a quick bite, but that didn't mean over processed food-substance. Her body was a temple; one which she enjoyed teasing before others only for them to find the doors well and truly shut. Though there were always exceptions. "Roasted meat, actually. Protein burns slower, staves off hunger longer. Can never be too careful out there in the galaxy." As she lifted her glass up to take a drink, her right foot slowly slid up the side of Talohn's leg. "Know anywhere interesting?"

Tag:
Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

After she takes his holocom number from the datapad, he stores it away once again. "They took back mandalore. So who knows, they may be back at it again relatively soon. I'm not exactly the most devout mandalorian, you see. I joined because it brings the contracts in, and the security that there will be a family to care for the kid should I uh....perish." He chuckles. At least half of his life revolves around caring for that kid. How cute.

"Not just blockades and fortresses. Call me if you need help with a vault as well, I'm known for vault cracking." It's true, if she looked up his name on the holonet, it would say on his profile made by other companies and people he's worked for that he's quite the vault cracker. He can rob people blind. "As for Madlad, I don't think I could stop him from joining in on something that big. Out of the both of us, he's certainly more mandalorian." He chuckles a little, sipping from his wine glass.

"We don't actually eat out much. Glad you like meat though, us cathar are carnivores, veggies make us unhappy. If there's a place you really want to eat, we can do that. But I was thinking I'd make dinner. I just got a food shipment in with some nice stuff. The recent pay was really good so I got some of the more high quality meats. I was thinking I could make some." He takes a moment to ponder. "Yea, smoke a kommerken roast, turn that into a nice brisket with some barbecue sauce, with a side of dry rub seasoned nunen drumsticks." He's a cook too! This fellow sure has a lot of hobbies. After listing off the dinner idea, he looks to her with a slight grin, leaning in a bit to meet her eyes once again. "I know...a few interesting places." Quiet places too!

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

"Mandalore." The Twi'lek regarded him for a moment. "It holds symbolic significance, and symbols have power, but it's not the Mandalorians' only symbol. There's a great deal of fixation on it. So much so I wonder if anyone thought about what comes after." Not her personal fault the place was a revolving door. Mandalorian today, some authoritarian or benevolent dictator tomorrow. What did they have to show for taking it over and over again? Seemed to her their leaders had given their people focus, certainly, but also constrained them to a very confined region of the galaxy. It made them predictable, and that was something Mandalorians were never terribly good at.

When it came to food, however, the Lethan was pleasantly surprised. "Really?" Talohn was going to make the dinner? A good way to kill a Sith, of course. Poison. Silent, invisible, but quite deadly. If you used the right one at sufficient concentrations -- and you had best be certain of both. Mandalorians knew how to wage war, but Sith knew how to endure suffering. Poison was a familiar if distant friend. Use the wrong poison and you might end up the one on the slab, not the Sith.

Still, homemade meals were often better than anything mass produced. There were some small shops of note, but it was nice being able to have a little privacy. In case something interesting happened. Her golden gaze regarded the man as he finished noting he knew of a few interesting places as well. Her smile grew a hair.

Zlova slowly leaned in as well after she set her glass down. The free hand lifted to slide along the side of the mans face and gently scratch just a little behind the ear. "I can't wait to enjoy the sights, the meal, and -- most importantly -- you, Talohn." She stretched forward so she could lower her voice. "I'll bring an ion grenade." Red lips parted in a toothy grin. Madlad's auditory pickups no doubt would catch the whisper. It seemed like the kind of nosy droid; which was why she also expected he'd try to stage an intervention later.

"Mandalore isn't too important to me, honestly. But I'm glad some of my friends are happy to have their home back." He shrugs. "Luckily Cathar hasn't had to go through any serious strife as of recently. My parents are getting old. I'd evacuate them off planet at the first sign of danger." Awww, he loves his parents. It really is hard to see this man as a big bad mandalorian merc. "Whatever comes after, long as I get enough money to support my kid, and have a good time." He smirks. "I'm fine with however the wind blows. Personally, in terms of planets, I like naboo. Really pretty.....If only the gungans didn't annoy me every time they speak. Tell you what though." He takes a cube covered in pressure plates out of his bag. "I got some time to study their shield tech while on world. Actually pretty nifty. I have my own portable version right here. I figured out how to reverse the polarity of the shield so projectiles can enter but not leave. Threw it at a war droid and watched it blow itself to bits." He then places the cube back in his bag.

Luckily, Talohn had zero plans to kill this charming woman. Doing so would be a travesty. Noticing her pleased surprise, he nods enthusiastically. "I actually didn't start cooking till I adopted Monari. A growing child needs something better than processed foods. Found I actually enjoy cooking. If you want, I could make some catharese sushi to go with dinner as well. It's actually my favorite thing, but it's an uncommon dish. Most people see the uncooked fish and think I'm trying to off them. If you boil it right, raw fish is just fine. Works really well with corellian salmon. Too bad I'm uh...banned from corellia." He chuckles nervously. The droid noticeably chuckles with him. Unlike Talohn however, the droids laughs are born of amusement.

Then she reaches to touch the side of his face, and he can't help but smile again, leaning in as she stretches forward so that their foreheads are touching once again. "For the meal I uh....Have an Idea. My ship has a large viewport window. I could pull up some chairs for us there. I know the coordinates of an absolutely beautiful nebula that consists of chemicals that won't harm the ship. We can just fly right into the middle of it and enjoy the colors, along with eachother's company. This can be before or after we turn a bunch of pirates into red mist." He winks. While they're close again, his hand reaches to gently rest on her arm. "Sound like a plan, Zlova?" He can't help but snicker a little at the comment about the ion grenade.

The droid speaks up in it's defense. "Don't worry, I'll give you two rabbits your privacy. You don't need an ion grenade to be sure of that. Hate those damn things, they give me the equivalent to...what do you guys call it? Ah, yes. Hangover. A droid hangover. Sets my circuits on fire." The droid states, shaking it's head. Madlad, while sentient and aware of the concept of brotherhood, hence it's friendship with Talohn, still did not understand the idea of romance,

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

Last edited:
Zlova's golden eyes shifted to Madlad over Talohn's shoulder and then back to the Cathar. In a soft voice, though not quite a whisper, the Twi'lek reassured the man, "Just in case, then." Promises were worth the credit chit they were written on. Madlad might give them privacy, or he might try to study organic copulation techniques. In the event of the latter she wanted something to shut the droid down when he wasn't wanted. Just because the Sith wasn't giving him dirty looks or gnashing her teeth over his presence didn't mean she trusted the walking computer.

"Let's eat before. That way there'll be no impediments." When you saw Jedi and Sith after a fight everything looked fine. In fact, most the time they were fine, but sometimes it was all a show. They could be battered, beaten, and bruised, but would refuse to let anyone know. It was harder to keep up the act under certain circumstances, however. A slower reaction here. A small wince there. Electing to perform a different action because it didn't stretch or pull one side of the body. Little things. So, peaceful and romantic dinner followed by a blood bath. Perhaps they'd celebrate both the same way.

Two ion grenades. She could steal one off the pirates.

"You seem to know how to win a woman over, Talohn. When you aren't making audible observations." A smile spread over her lips. An observation of her own she had wanted to deliver. One with only the best of intentions behind it. With a little practice she expected this cat would be quite attractive to a wider audience. Whether he was interested in that they hadn't discussed, but Zlova's first thought wasn't finding long term companionship and so likewise she didn't expect it of others. Something to do with having been betrayed once. Trust issues.

"When do you think we'd get together?" Her fingers stroked and played with the hairs on the back of Talohn's neck as they faced one another. Doubtful he'd whip up the meal in a few minutes, which left her with a difficult question of how long to wait. After all, sometimes social interactions needed time to breathe as well, but others were best seized in the moment.

Tag:
Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

Talohn smirks when she dictates to take an ion grenade anyways. This one had a bite to her, he likes that. Madlad definitely wouldn't interrupt them, but he likes a girl that's prepared. "Fair enough, Ion grenades it is. Sorry Madlad."

In response, the droid emits a scoff, lifting it's shoulders in a shrug. It really was shocking, the emotional range this droid conveyed. Other than the mechanic voice, it felt like talking to a man. A sadistic man mind you, but a man instead of a droid. To those who were more easily intimidated than Zlova, the droid's presence was equally intimidating as a sith, after all, the droid could likely create even more depraved torture ideas than one, somehow.

Talohn nods. "Before it is. Have a favorite wine, by the way? I could probably pick it up for you. Wine, or any other type of alcohol? I could mix something. Mixing alcohol is always fun. You never know what you're gonna end up with." He chuckles a bit. When she brings up impediments, he gives her a reassuring smile. "Don't worry. I have a fully stocked medical bay as well. I can help treat any wounds...Or you can do it alone if that's your preference." Some sith, when harmed, preferred to lick their wounds in peace, as showing such weakness could be terribly fatal. He respected that sentiment, and wanted to give her that space if she needed it should she get injured.

He raises a brow as she states the observation. "I can't help myself. I get excited and it slips out." He shrugs. Personally, he doesn't find himself too charming. He's too goofy to qualify for charming, but that's just fine by him. The droid speaks up, seeking to tease the cathar. "It's true, he's a terrible liar. He can keep secrets, don't worry about that. But he can't lie. It's not even convincing with the mandalorian helmet on."
Talohn crosses his arms, looking slightly annoyed, which causes the droid to chuckle before speaking up again. "Sorry to break you two rabbits apart, but we do need to get going soon." Rabbits, that's what it was calling them now. Suffer.

Talohn sighs, agreeing with Madlad. "Kid's probably used the flashbang pen she made on the babysitter by now, little terror. I should probably check in on that situation." This kid was getting scarier by the second. His gaze turns to her again as she plays with the hairs on the back of his neck, and he smiles. He's got a charming smile, specially when he's happy. It's even more charming if someone has a thing for fangs. "Hmmm, promised Monari we'd have a tech workshop day together tomorrow....does the day after sound ok to you?" It also may or may not give him time to clean his room.... He raises a brow, once again leaning in close, arm going about her waist while hers is about his neck.

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

"A good spice wine. Though I usually enjoy the strongest drink I can find. Something that doesn't go down easily." Staying of clear mind would be wise, but everyone had a vice. Zlova's was living on the edge. Hell, it might people feel like they actually stood a chance confronting her, which meant she got to play. Someday one of them might even get lucky. Safety wasn't her largest concern. "If you know a hard to come by mix, Talohn, I would enjoy that."

"As for medicine, I appreciate the thoughtfulness. I'll kill everyone before it comes to that,"
the Twi'lek replied with a quick smirk. "I'm already taking advantage of your hospitality enough as it is." Food, drink, and company. Adding medical supplies on top of it just seemed to be taking him for a ride. Not that many Sith would care. In truth, Zlova simply didn't acknowledge her own vulnerabilities. How she would handle the circumstance were she injured, however, remain to be seen.

Bright eyes shifted to the droid as the two discussed Talohn's lack of creative truth craftsmanship. Sounded like the man needed a woman like her to handle those affairs. Objective truth only mattered when you were trying to steal someone else's secrets from their tablet, holocron, or weathered Force ghost. Any other time? Stories were just as good as the real thing -- and often better.

"Careful," Zlova purred, "a Korribani rabbit can tear a man's throat out. Or a droid's motivator." They may appear cute, but that only distracted from the razor sharp fangs.

A soft chuckle followed Talohn's ruminations. "Of course. Tell me where and when, and I'll be there. Looking forward to it." The Lethan didn't try to evade the man's embrace as she smiled and peered into his eyes. A little platonic companionship wouldn't hurt. Well, it could, and that's what would keep Zlova from seeking it to be anything more without effort on anybody else's part. Betrayal left a nasty scar on the psyche.

Tag:
Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

"If I get you something heavy, we'll probably have to do our pirate hunting job the morning after dinner. I dunno about you, but us cathar don't do the alcohol thing as well as most. Or I'm a lightweight. Haven't figured it out yet." He shrugs. "I'm fine with morning after, spending time with you is a treat." He states with a playful grin. "I'm just letting you know. Though, I'll see what I can find that's....rare. I think I know a good Alderaanian whiskey, but they hardly make it since most of the highlife richies on that planet will only drink wine."

"If you get hurt, you're getting patched up." He says this with a certain finality. Not demanding, he would never be demanding to a sith. But hey, it's comforting to know he cares. "Though, a woman of your talents is unlikely to get injured, so I'm not too worried. I myself will be in my armor, naturally. I won't be able to be acrobatic like I was in that fight back there, but I can't risk myself too much. Even if I am an adrenaline junky, I have a child to go home to, I can't take unnecessary risks. That doesn't mean don't call me if you get an orbital drop mission, that's a risk I'm willing to take."

The droid counter' Zlova's words about rabbits with a dark chuckle. "My motivator became pointless when I gained sentience. It's like that thing human has....a spleen? Horribly painful when hurt, but completely useless otherwise. Serves no use to the rest of the body far as I know."

"Alright then. Day after tomorrow. I'll call you when things are ready. yea? It'll probably afternoon. Well, afternoon in the place I'm at. I don't know the exact time where you're going next. Calculating all that is...." He sighs, realizing a rant is beginning. "I'll just call ya. Till then..." He decides to take the dive, they're already forehead to forehead after all. This'll either go well or get him stabbed, but not knowing the future is the fun part. He leans in that final distance to press his lips for hers momentarily. If he doesn't get a saber to the gut, he slides out of his seat, gesturing for the droid to follow. "I'll see you later."

Madlad follows behind his creator, naturally,

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue

A quiet chuckle followed Talohn's comments about drink and battle. She'd do him the service of not gloating, but Zlova wasn't worried about intoxicated combat. In her estimation it was her enemies that should be worried. The Twi'lek was reckless as it was, and they should wonder what restraints she had left to dispense with while drunk. Not that she was some fabled 'drunken master' though. A clearer head was better than not even for a Force user.

She smiled though there was a slight, uneven pinch of her brow when the man insisted on treatment -- if it became necessary. "Don't worry, I'll call." Heartless disregard that the man had a child to go back to? No. If Talohn said he was prepared for a fight then his death was on his own head. Kark, even if he didn't the Sith Lord in Zlova wouldn't get weepy and curl up on a sofa for days on end. Wasn't in the Sith lifestyle. Might slaughter an enemy encampment in retribution though; that was certainly in the deck.

"Oh?" Madlad got a moment of Zlova's attention. "I'll keep that in mind." A way to hurt the droid without permanently damaging it? Noted. Did she plan to use it any time soon? No. She wasn't a psychopath. If it became necessary to do so, however, it was always good to have options.

With that out of the way, Talohn confirmed the two of them had a date the day after tomorrow, Galactic Standard time. Thankfully Talohn was able to catch himself before the unnecessary digression about the different lengths of planetary days and orbital periods.

More importantly, the man did something she'd been toying with for a bit now. Had been hoping Talohn would show some initiative on his part too. Sith didn't need someone to stay home making sandwiches and baking cookies. Well, not primarily that. Nothing wrong with baked goods in moderation. Seeing how Talohn was a Mandalorian self-motivator and being forward had been expected qualities. Before they parted the man put those to use in closing the distance between them.

Her other hand curled about his lower body as she closed the gap even further between them. No need to be chaste.

After a moment she drew back with a smile back on her lips once more. She gently bit on the tip of her index finger as she watch the two set out to depart. "See you, Space Cowboy." Quite soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom