Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hour Draws Near-But it May Already Be Too Late

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Mig Gred"] [member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"] [member="Karsan Calnov"]

There was a dark shadow among the Mandalorians. And Kay didn't like it. At first she had figured that the Mandalorians were okay with it all, but during the ball held by the Sith Empire, it was proven to her that not every Mandalorian liked this shadow. Due to her ties with [member="Yasha Cadera"], and the fact that she had her niece's ear, some of those Mandalorians had hoped that Kay could help to remove that shadow.

But she couldn't do anything back then. The shadow created by [member="Darth Carnifex"] and [member="Darth Prazutis"] held Kay and her people hostage. Doing anything would have endangered them all.

But now? Now she was safe in Mandalorian territory where the shadows couldn't touch her. Doing so would tear apart that very connection between the Mandalorians and the Sith just like she wanted. So either way, she could see herself winning.

But she couldn't do so on her own. Kay needed to find out just how many Mandalorians were of the same mind as she was. The future of Mandalore was at stake, as well as the life of her niece. That connection between the Sith and the Mandalorians had turned the Galaxy against her fellow clansmen. And in turn that pitted Kay's own husband [member="Veiere Arenais"] against her.

Politics and war. They were strange bedfellows.

Weeks ago Kay had spoken to [member="Noah Corek"] to get a bit of a feel of the state of mind of some of the other clans. Now she began to reach out to them. Using a poem, she sent out an ecrypted message for them to meet with her at her apartment on the Outer Heaven Civilian Space Station. There they were to seek her out under her alias of Cessy; an explorer and author of adventure/mystery holonovels.

Hopefully their efforts weren't too late.

Equipment: Stinger, Witchhunter's armor[In sig]
Mission: sate curiosity.

Wasp had received the encrypted message sometime prior, and the potential implications frightened her. Before returning to mandalorian space, Wasp's paranoia had been little more than a bounty hunter's instincts, But after exposure to the political climate of mandalore, and the rest of the world's Galaxy versus mandalore mentality, That paranoia had festered and arisen, born anew in the form of the women she was today. Her armour had been temporarily painted in all black thanks to her programmable paint, Her alias "Wasp", a name that very few mandalorians knew at the time, had been swapped for her temporary code name: Ne'tra. It wasn't the most original, but it would have to do. Alongside her current "Disguise", her vocal enhancer had been changed, making her voice sound something more akin to a machine than a woman. She had landed her ship elsewhere on the station in case of tracking, and opted cross the station on foot and\or jetpack from roof to roof until at last she had arrived at her destination, and entering the apartment. "Ne'tra" waited quietly in the apartment for this "Cessy" that she was supposed to meet. she came armed of course, just as heavily as always, save for the force pike that she had reluctantly left aboard her ship, for mobility sake. of course, as anyone who had fought her before would know, she was never without a melee weapon, weather it was visible or not. Or conventional for that matter.

[member="Kay Arenais"] [member="Mig Gred"] [member="Karsan Calnov"]

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig was aboard the Basilisk, travelling to Outer Heaven Station after getting an interesting encrypted message. What it said... well it was definitely something. He honestly didn't know what to think, but figured he should at least go and see what this was all about. While Mig wasn't one for politics, he was at least intrigued enough to see what was up, and while most knew what the Basilisk was, he did a simpe transponder swap and covered the wing cannons. Old trick from his bounty hunting days. Once their, he made his way to the apartment and sat, eyeing the other Mando there, but staying quiet. Deciding instead to focus, and get himself right in the Force.

[member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"] [member="Kay Arenais"]

Karsan Calnov was a lot of things.

But a fan of the Empire- was not one of them. But a fan of the Sith, he was less. The enemy of my enemy, so to speak. But he still had the bitter taste of the Empire since the Red Coronation, where he, and several other Mandalorians, rebelled and were cast out of the Empire's space.

And how weak the Empire had become, how weak the Mandalorians had become.

Karsan walked, like the brute that he was.

He didn't recognize the people in the room. He was wearing his armor, with a shawl covering his chest piece. But visibly, hanging on his thigh- was a disruptor pistol, in broad view. Karsan took off his helmet, holding it in his crushgaunts. He looked at each person in the room, for a long while each, before standing off to the side. He didn't sit down, and probably wouldn't. The Brute had some of his father's looks, but not much. Not that his father really did anything other than exist for him, anyway.

The former Black Bladeguard was an expert at a lot of things, and being tracked was one of them. He wasn't worried about being followed. If anyone tried to, he'd hang their bodies somewhere nice and high, like from the Mandalmotors tower in Keldabe. For now, he was content on simply standing and waiting.

[member="Mig Gred"] l [member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"] l [member="Kay Arenais"]​

Kay-Larr

'Cessy' wasn't a new alias for Kay. In fact she was an old one. A kind of persona that was more or less built after her first husband was murdered by a Sith Lord and she was forced to hide for a time. There was hardly anyone that new about it. So in that she felt safer. Her alias dressed more casually and had the air of 'the girl next door', rather than that of a political figure.

As [member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"] came into Cessy's apartment, she sipped her tea from her seat at the table and nodded. "Hello there." Any normal person would panic at the intrusion, but if people managed to decode her message, then they were set to arrive at this time.

[member="Mig Gred"] walked in next and sat himself down. Kay knew him in some respects, having been in his company on a few occasions, however they hadn't really chatted much. She nodded to him as well.

And then finally [member="Karsan Calnov"] artived. He was different than the others. Yet still, he was here for the same reasons that the others were. She nodded to him too.

After waiting for a few seconds, Kay got to her feet, setting her tea down on the table. "Thank you all for coming. I didn't expect any large number of people to decrypt my message and thankfully only you few have." She took in a deep breath and then let it out slowly as she clasped her hands in front of her. "What I am about to say cannot go past these walls. For those that don't know me, I am Kay Arenais. I carry a lot of titles, but none of that is important. The only one that carries weight in this mission that I am seeking help to undertake is that I am the Aunt to the Mand'alor. I was asked by some of the Mandalorians to influence Yasha way from the Sith Empire. But at the time, I was unable to do so. My freedom was limited. And in my failure to act, things have gotten worse. Their alliance is complete and instead of it lending the Mandalorians strength, I fear that it is bringing about their downfall." Kay dipped her head slightly. "The Sith Empire see me as a threat and so they want me dead. And why? Because they know that I can convince my niece to break the Clans from them. The Sith Empire's inaction to honour their agreements of military aid and protection only helps me in accomplishing my goal." She looked to each of them in turn. "I cannot do it alone. Has the times changed since back when Commenor was occupied? Are all the Clans against what is happening with this alliance? Or are they okay with it? Being the foot soldiers for the Sith is only furthering to endanger the Clans. It has pitted nearly everyone against them. So I'm asking you all...am I alone in wanting this alliance broken in a bid to save the Clans from destruction? Or are there those out there that would support such a mission?"

Ne'tra had been leaning against the wall, arms crossed when kay had brought up the sith. Now it made sense. the empire wanted her dead, and she acted on that fact. she was the aunt of the mand'alor, she could get her ear.
In other words

More politicians circling mandalore, like vultures... like the sith, in a way..

It was a dangerous game. On one hand, The sith had been manipulating the clans since the taung still walked mandalore's surface, and It made ne'tra sick..
But, one the other hand, In all the galaxy there were only three "friends" to the clans that ne'tra knew of. The chiss ascendancy, a lifeless blue corpse in the far fringes of the universe, the Fell empire, another imperial government with little to it's name, save for the remarkable troops that she was honored to have trained personally.. and then there was the sith.. It was true that in recent times, the sith had failed to send aid to the clans, though ne'tra was not ignorant to the reasoning behind this. the sith empire had only recently come out of several battles. She had seen the data, there were numerous sith who had pledged themselves to the clans temporarily with the promise of war ahead. Even if they weren't the friends the clans wanted, they were the only friends they had. It had been that way for hundreds of years, in this conflict of the world versus mandalore.

And yet, could this situation be reversed?.. she didn't think so. It was evident after umbara and other numerous events, that no matter what a mandalorian says, or does, they will always be seen as the enemy, by the jedi, by the confederacy, by everyone. For without mandalore, Who could they "Protect" the galaxy from? They would be obsolete, their own crimes no longer ignored. and they knew it..

"My Lady," she begins to speak, her voice and even tone distorted and disguised by the vocal enhancer. "There are as many views on the sith, as there are sith.. There as many views on this alliance, as there are mandalorians.. But one view is consistent within our ranks. the entire galaxy is against us. Zakuul, the fel imperium, the lifeless corpse of the chiss ascendancy, With all due respect to the eternal empress of course, Have done, or can do little. The people of mandalore are as strong as they have always been, But our political presence, our ability to pick and choose allies, has been gone for quite some time. I am no friend of the empire, but to make mandalore their enemies? when they are the only force on the map who isn't actively waging war on our doorstep? few would see wisdom in that. I will say this much, lady arenais, You'd better have a godly counter argument..."

She didn't bother watching for the other mandalorians' reactions. Any who agreed with her were likely part of the united clans, people who had experienced this first hand, people who had a say because it was they who witnessed these events with their own eyes, it was their homes being destroyed on tanaab, an event that ne'tra would dive into feet first the very second this meeting was over, and it was their blood being spilled. Those who didn't, were probably Dar'manda and auretiise, confederates and silver pawns who turned their back on their own people, not because those people betrayed them, but for the simple fact that wished to see a different face acting as their public figure.. Ne'tra knew full well what had happened between yasha mantis and the exiles, and she knew full well that the mand'alor had no real power, she had been in too many independent raids, like H'ratth for example, and she had seen to many clan alors act in their own interests, with the mand'alor's full knowledge, to believe that the title mand'alor was anything to betray one's people for...

[member="Kay Arenais"] [member="Karsan Calnov"] [member="Mig Gred"]

"The Mandalorians orchestrated their own downfall when they elected a child to be a leader. I want Yasha to get the Mia Monroe treatment, lady. Yasha made her bed with that disgusting creature. I'm glad I killed his son. I hope he remembers that every day. But she's too much of a coward, a weakling to do anything." Karsan peeled off the wall. To say that he was brutish and imposing was an understatement- he was in fact, after all- another wayward son of Strider Garon. Another child abandoned by their father. Another wary son of Mandalore.

"There is no way in hell you can save the Clans from bleedin', lady. The United Clans of Mandalore- they outcasted all the ones that would've been helpful to you right about now. I was at the Red Coronation. I saw where they were goin'. You shoulda cared then. Why should I help you now?"

Karsan had no love for the Empire- but perhaps, his hatred of the Sith could be persuaded to help his people. The way he said the United Clans of Mandalore showed his hatred, dripping from every word. Karsan was there- Karsan got to watch the downfall of the Mandalorians, from the height of their power after the Civil War, to the squabbling mess they were now.

[member="Kay Arenais"] l [member="Mig Gred"] l [member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"]​

Mig leaned back and just listen. So Cessy, actually [member="Kay Arenais"] , wanted to get the UCM out of their alliance with the Sith. Mig wasn't highly trusting of the Sith, but he had to admit, they were the only ones that helped the Mando'ad after wars had ravaged them, and Mandalore was basically turned into a crater. Mig sighed a bit. It was a rough alliance for him, but he couldn't see the way out. They were at war, and while the alliance didn't initially help things, did the Mandalorians really need to make more enemies? As Ne'tre ( [member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"] ) stated, they were the only force with some clout that the Clans had on their side. Unless Kay could convince the Silver Jedi, or the Outer Rim, to side with them there wasn't much they could do. Or get every smaller government around to sign on to help, which he was sure wasn't happening. And then [member="Karsan Calnov"] mentioned the Red Coronation.

Mig wasn't there. He was an Alor at the time, but he was still getting use to the position at the time, and was still grieving his Buir's death. He wasn't ready then, and was probably better for it. Mig honestly still had some respect for the Darmanda, but it was just enough to be willing to work with them. He finally spoke up once the other were finished.

"Ma'am. While I'm not the most trusting of Sith, I have to admit this one here's right." He pointed to Ne'tre before continuing. "The Clans ain't in the place to anger the only faction that's willing to work with us. Heck, the Silvers are loyal to the CIS, and the CIS hate us. Along with the CIC. I don't know about the Outer Rim, but it puts us in a tight spot. Umbara, no matter how untrue, hurt us, and the hit on that Jedi temple, whether or not it was Silver, I feel like there's no way to get'em to the table anymore. They piled stuff on and wouldn't even let us attempt to answer for it. Don't see how getting the Sith mad at us helps things, no matter how much I distrust the majority of them."

Kay-Larr

It was [member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"] that spoke first, so Kay gave her her complete attention. She nodded a little, at times letting her be aware that she wasn't offended by her remarks. Opinions are what she asked for, the wisdom gained from different points of view are what she asked for. Taking offence over anything she had asked for would be wrong. The woman had valid points and Kay wasn't about to dismiss them in any way.

Shortly afterwards, [member="Karsan Calnov"] took his turn. Some of what he had said caused her to clench her jaw. But it wasn't as though she was offended by him either. It was that some of what he had said was another reminder of her own failures and past mistakes. If only she had acted sooner...

[member="Mig Gred"] began to say his piece and so Kay looked to him. He let out the truth of the balance of political powers in the Galaxy, if one wanted to call it that. The scales were wholly stacked onto one side.

After a moment of collecting her thoughts, Kay took her turn. "You're all right. I haven't been around. I wasn't there at the Red Coronation, I don't know what happened. For a time my world was under Sith occupation and I was under house arrest. Not long after our freedom was regained, I was sent off to prison in the Redoubt Cluster. I had to do what I could to protect the people under my charge, just as I'm sure you all do for your Clans." She gave herself a moment, her brows furrowed while deep inside she wanted to keep it all together and hide the shame and guilt that she had felt. "I cannot correct my mistakes, but I can at least try to make up for them. I love my niece dearly, no matter what title she holds and I wish to save her. Just as I want to try to end these wars, some of which is due to the Sith alliance. The Galaxy see the Mandalorians as nothing but heartless puppets driven by their Sith Masters. So what if it's proven that that's not the case? Would it even make negotiations possible?" Her eyes cast upon them all in turn. "Each of you are different, yet the same. Each of you are from different backgrounds, yet hold a common thread...What do you suggest we do to try and prevent the Galaxy from destroying all Mandalorians? If I could somehow...convince my niece to give a successor the title for a while, let someone else take the lead in a bid to try to stop the bleeding. Would that be of help? My husband is one of the higher ups for the Silver Jedi. He may...he may let me speak on the Mandalorian's behalf." If [member="Veiere Arenais"] ever answered her messages, that is. Both were duty bound to different causes and that kept them apart in more ways than one.

"The only way you earn my trust is you tell me that Yasha ends up dead or exiled. She doomed you all."

He looked at each of them, for but only a brief moment.

"She made the Empire weak. She made the clans weak. You're all so weak now, aren't you? You can feel it. None of the Cuir Rekr. Akaan, Remanar- they're all gone, in one way or another. Dead, or they left- or were exiled. Now you're all left with a child on the throne. A child. You're too young to remember, but the Sith burned our worlds, slaughtered our people, just as the Jedi did. The Sith were more upfront about it."

He stared at [member="Mig Gred"]. "When the confederacy- my people, slaughter Mandalorians in droves, I want you to know- deep down, that you could have stopped it. I want you to look at Yasha for help. I want you to hope. I want you to believe that you can make it out. And I want you to watch Mandalore burn. I want you to see that. I want to see everything that the Mandalorians fought for- killed each other for, go up in flames. Yasha spat on the Death Watch. Yasha spat on her father. Yasha spat on our traditions. Yasha deserves nothing but death or exile, into the arms of the Sith she seems so fond of."

He stared at all of them, sneering at [member="Kay Arenais"].

"The galaxy sees the Mandalorians for what they are, for what Yasha made you all."

[member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"]

Kay-Larr

"I will not see my niece killed." Exiled maybe, or retired early on her own. How a successor would be chosen, she wasn't sure. Trial by combat perhaps? A tournament? Kay had been thinking about it lately.

She kept her gaze steady on [member="Karsan Calnov"] as he continued on. So her message seemed to have drawn the attention of their adversaries. Oh how wonderful. Still, she wasn't about to let a fight break out. The fact that Karsabn was picking on [member="Mig Gred"] as though he was a part of this from the beginning was wrong. "With all due respect, you are directing your anger at the wrong people. I didn't ask for people to come here for them to give off such threats. I am trying to stop the war and this need for vengeance. From both sides!"

Kay stepped around the table and approached the man, her arms crossed in a display of her stubborn nature as she looked up at him. "I don't answer to the Sith, the Confederacy or anyone. I do what is right for my family and the people under my charge. You seem to have traded one Sith Empire for another and they are both as bad as eachother. So I don't believe that you are any more righteous than the others. All Mandalorians should be free from such shackles and not answer to anyone but themselves.

And that is what I am trying to bring about. But from what you have said, sir, it seems as though you want more than just for my niece to lose her seat in power in exile. I don't have trust that it will be enough to stop the bleeding. I am far too used to people going back on their word. So tell me, what else will it take?"
Kay was looking to have all the cards laid out. How else could she formulate a plan or figure out options if she didn't know everything she could?

[member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"]

"The only way our friggin' people are gonna heal, are gonna get better- or start to, is when she dies or goes away! There is no other option! Vizsla, Fett, Munin, they're all comin', they're comin' and I ain't sure you're ready to stop 'em! Hell, they already gettin' what they wanted! You done pissed off the entire galaxy, didn't cha? And now you're facing the wrath of what the Mandalorians built and tore down. Shoulda stuck to your own god damn borders, your own god damn planets."

Karsan stared down at [member="Kay Arenais"] with such hatred that it was hard to place where it came from. Only that it was nigh infinitely expanding in every second.

"You forget that the Sith own you people now. That they are currently helping you all fight your wars." He cocked his head.

"You don't know Kaine like I do. What he's done to you all. And the only way that you're ever going to set things right with the Mandalorians- with all the clans, the Alors, and all the Cuir Rekr- is if she dies or goes into the void and never comes around Mandalorian space ever again. You and I both know that's the only way that what you people face now ends, and people like me come back home. Otherwise, you're just gonna keep the exiles happy with watching Mandalore burn. Again- but this time- it's your own fault for a crappy leader."

Kay-Larr

"Whoa, whoa, whoa..." Kay continued to hold her ground, yet held one hand up. "You forget who you're talking to here. I can understand your need to vent your anger and I appreciate that you're only doing so verbally, but take a breath and listen..."

As if to emphasize her request for [member="Karsan Calnov"] to take a breath, so too did she. "I was not there when Yasha was given her title. I have not been there for many years as I was leading my own government. I have not been involved in these wars and instead have been protecting my little corner of the Galaxy. So out of respect, do not point the blame at me for the current turmoil in the Galaxy as though I had a part to play in it." But maybe if she had first gone home to Mandalore when she was called, this all wouldn't of happened. The guilt from that had weighed heavy on her since she finally agreed to go home with her niece.

Kay clasped her hands in front of her again, keeping herself calm as she stood face to face with a man wanting to explode. There was so much pain there behind those eyes, yet she wasn't about to bring it up. "I will do what I can to try to get my niece to do the right thing for the sake of Mandalore. I cannot make any promises of what the results will be, but I can give you my word that I will try." What else could she do outside of challenging her? That would never happen as Kay had Zakuul to think about. Her time in Mandalorian space was just to keep the Sith off her back and to help her niece with personal matters. Politics and war had nothing to do with her decision. Only her heart did.

[member="Mig Gred"] [member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"]

Ne'tra hadn't moved nor made a sound since she had spoken last. she did what she was taught to, To observe, and to listen until it was time to take the shot.
Well, she'd gotten a feel for the opposition, so to speak. Gred was another commando of the clans, he was another, honest, poor vod that had been dragged into this war out of necessity. Karsan on the other hand...
He was overly aggressive, blind, and a traitor. Not because He fought against the mand'alor, after all, a mandalorian should only ever follow one he believes worthy of their following, but because he put personal vendetta before his own people. He said that he and his confederacy would burn mandalore itself.. There was no hope for his kind, even if yasha stepped down, or even died, there would be no return for that kind of... aerutise, no life among mandalorians. He'd already sold himself to the confederacy, the worst enemy they had fought in nearly a thousand years, the worst they had seen the mandalorian excision itself... they wanted to wipe the mandalorians out completely, and they wouldn't stop with the UCM either... the poor fool.

Now he was getting aggressive with the lady of zakuul. she had half a mind to draw her disruptor, stinger, and end him right then and there, but alas, she would have to let this.. thing, continue to demonstrate his love of word over action, lest she jeopardize the empress's political mission.. not that she cared for the politics of course.

"Then I believe you've nothing to discuss, mister?... what do they call you? no, forget it, it doesn't matter.." she says, leaving her wall.

"I highly doubt that you'll convince her to murder her own family, and quite frankly, if you're so content with murdering your own people simply because of the banner someone else planted on their world, then there's no trusting you as an ally, let alone an asset to zakuul" she sighs. the man had gotten on her nerves, but even in the presence of a genocidal murderer and traitor to his own race, she kept a cool, neutral tone. that was the difference between men like him and women like her, where one acted on pure emotion, the other acted on petty vendettas and the inability to keep one's emotions under wraps, The difference between a soldier, and a leader. Everyone else here was in fact a leader, Two clan Alors and the empress of zakuul, what was this traitor? Ne'tra imagined very little. there was no way the confederacy would have let a mandalorian gain any substantial rank, and quite frankly, given how he carried himself, she doubted he had gained much as a mandalorian either..

"Now If we're all going to take this seriously for a moment, The alliance will not be broken. That is to say, not until mandalore can, and knows for a fact that they will receive aid from someone who can hold their own, toe to toe with the empire, or the confederates. with the confederacy's genocidal nature that we know to be true, there can never be peace with them. The core confederation is too weak to make any real difference if they were to join our side, that leaves us with very few options...

The outer rim coalition is one of the few on the map that has gained my attention or respect. The silver order continues to support the confederacy's crimes against mandalore, but they are one of the few that I can see mandalorians even considering an alliance with"

she turn to karsan for a brief moment "Regardless of one's views on mandalore's strength, I think you'll find that all true mando'ad, are more than willing to fight, and die the entire galaxy, if it means taking them with us" she then turn back to lady arenais.

"If you can convince your husband that it was not our men at umbara, and that our extinction is in fact against his pathetic code... or, if that is impossible, which i know it is, convince the coalition to look over utapau, than perhaps you'll get somewhere.. Unless mandalore can replace their current.. Benefactors-" she says the last with disgust "Than I see no end to the alliance. There is no political, nor practical benefit to us. Mandalore is all about practicality, are they not?"

Mig had been quiet, showing incredible restraint by not Force Pushing [member="Karsan Calnov"] into the wall and giving him what for. He wanted to watch Mandalore, the home of his people, burn. Mig lost any hint of respect he had for the man then and there. He seemed like he would wear the title of demagolka (war criminal) as a badge of honor instead of what it was. The name of a true monster of Mandalore. One who would be deserving of what had happened. And Mandalorians were considered war criminals? There term for a war criminal was the name of a monster of a.... No. He was no doctor. Either way, the Alor couldn't really see how this would help unless, like the other Mandalorian said, they found a new ally. He decided to stay quiet though. Not much he could add.

Kay would try and get Yasha to change her mind. It was honestly the best course. Try but not push. Try.... All they could really do in a war.

[member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"] [member="Kay Arenais"]

"Crimes against Mandalore?"

Karsan's hateful eyes turned towards [member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"]. His body turned to face her. Everyone else in the room was simply that- space in the room. His gaze fixated on the so-called Alor.

"A weak clan follows the weak. You're all so weak now. You may think of me as an idiot, some random gun toting lunatic, but in reality, I am reality." He measured the blonde-haired woman and found her wanting with a gaze alone.

"The Metus clan did more for me, and the Mandalorians there than Yasha did during her whole friggin' time as Mandalore. You forget so conveniently the same god damn crimes that you claim the Confederacy will do, got Yasha, and all her stupid friends into power! For feth's sake, you're sayin' that you should STICK with the Sith Empire! I was Kaine's personal right hand of evil until I got wrapped up by the Alliance! You want the Sith to be your friends? Fine- you go stand on Dromund Kaas, you go stand on Mandalore, you go stand anywhere where the Sith have warped our people time and time again!"

He stared hatefully at the woman, pointing a solitary finger at her.

"The fact that you only think in Alliances means that any of this will be pointless. Yer gonna cut one string to replace it with another. You're all puppets, and I ain't gonna be on your side to feel that fury. The galaxy's comin' for you. You shoulda left when you had the chance. You all should've stuck to the Mandalore system. You shouldn't have followed a child. Now you're gonna feel what it's like to lose. To burn. Because as I recall, lady-"

He leaned forward only slightly.

"You weren't there when Mandalore was burning- so conveniently away." Hateful eyes stared at them all, eyeing them like food to a predator. He was regarding them all as weak, timid. He picked up his buyce and made for the door, stopping just short of it as it opened, blading himself so that he could turn to face them.

"I hope you all pray to the Gods that I don't see any of you ever again."

Karsan opened the door fully, and stepped out into the hallway.

[member="Mig Gred"] l [member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"] l [member="Kay Arenais"]​

Kay-Larr

Kay looked to [member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"] as she spoke up. From a political aspect, she made a lot of sense. Breaking the Sith alliance could mean that they'd become enemies, which would leave nearly every government against the UCM. But if she could somehow reach her husband and have him respond to her....

Her attention was turned to [member="Karsan Calnov"] as his anger just grew. He spouted on about alliances, but then seemed to forget that the Confederacy was not on it's own and was allied with many. So they too knew of the advantage of alliances. And it was clear that he wasn't listening to all that was said. Yes Vhei said to keep the alliance with the Sith, but she said more than that. It wasn't permanent. It was temporary.

Kay sighed as Karsan threatened them upon leaving. "You're not an idiot...you just have a difference of opinion...." she called out after him. Not exactly harsh words, but she wasn't going to join in his anger. There was no point. Joining in would just make the situation worse. She wasn't about to go all genocide on people just to prove that she was better than them. When one tried to prove themselves as being better than their enemy, it did no good to do far worse deeds than they would. That only proved that they were worse monsters than their enemies. She didn't want to fall into that trap.

She walked over to the door and closed it, then turned back to Vhei and [member="Mig Gred"] . "I'll see if I can reach my husband and find out what possibilities are out there. Then I'll present them to Yasha. I'll also see about the Outer Rim. I have had a meeting with them before over trade. I'm sure that I could arrange another."

the blonde woman in which karsan couldn't even see thanks to her full suit of armour.... remained calm and collected as the confederate puppet spoke. and spoke. and spoke, by kad'harangir does he ever shut up?

A playful laugh sparks through her vocal enhancer subtly as he leans in, spewing more bile in the form of words. "No, no i wasn't. I was a child then, training the day when i finally would. Perhaps I should thank you, you and your own Sith have finally given me the chance to defend her"

she smiled under her helmet, a smirk so sharp one could imagine it cutting even beskar. Ah, but the warrior of decaying words had enough, he had been bested in the game of petty speech, and turned to flee the battlefield.

"From one "puppet" to another-" she turns, her gaze following karsan through her visor "I hope the confederacy gives you a good kennel, Their best dogs deserve that at least!" she shouts at [member="Karsan Calnov"] as he leaves.

"You know, for someone who doesn't even give orders to her people anymore, the infernal gets waaaay to much "master of puppets" kind of attention from the dar'manda.."
She says, turning to kay.

"This is why we cannot ally with the confederacy. this is why there will never be peace between us."

she sits down, spread out on her seat, hand resting Stinger, her own disruptor pistol, Should the idiot karsan decide to return and attempt to prove that he is more than words, than she could end him and be done with it. For now, she'd listen to the lady kay and mig, though her gaze locked o the hallway outside. the same hatred brewing within her as karsan had, only it manifested into a smug grin under her helmet. Deep down, she knew that the confederate had underestimated who he was dealing with, he was standing not because she was weak, but because she had control. she had already taken another exile's beskad in this war, one that prided himself on melee, on her preferred field of battle, she had taken the head off of a yhuuzan vong with a single swing of her forcepike, the creature's brothers soon following, she had been there with kaine himself when they sacked the temple at H'ratth, something she found amusing when this.. thing, constantly brought up kaine, as if he was the only one to ever see the man in person.. she had led the defense of ord centrell, fought on vortex, she'd be on tanaab the moment this meeting was over..

People had been doubting her since she was a child. and the number of doubters still breathing, was shrinking. and she knew it.

"And I wasn't at the Red Coronation," Mig murmured back at the darmanda as he walked out. Mig had honestly figured it didn't matter at this point with him. He wasn't blind to what the Sith were, but also wasn't blind to where the Clans were either. They had what seemed like the entire Galaxy knocking on their door. They couldn't afford yet another enemy. Multi front wars never, never, ended well. Mig then heard what his fellow Mandalorian and Kay said, and simply gave a nod.

"I have to agree with her assessment. It would take a miracle of the Manda and the Force to get the CIS to ever side with us. Plus, while I won't disregard the crimes of the past, they can't use it to justify their own. Clan's like my own hate many of the tactics they're willing to use. Guess being from Concord Dawn does that to ya though." He then looked at Kay, nodding. "All we can do really, and I wish you luck in that endeavor."

[member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"] [member="Kay Arenais"] [member="Karsan Calnov"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom