Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Holy Sakediord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suhr

S

IllusionSkillBook.png

Intent:
To add extra fanon background to the world of Geonosia, and add extra literature to the Templar Archives.​

Development Thread:
None.​

Manufacturer:
The Sakean Religion​

Model:
Leather Bound Tome​

Affiliation:
The Sakean Religion​

Modularity:
New scriptures and hymns may be uncovered by archaeological expeditions on Geonosia from time to time.​

Production:
While original copies are now impossible to come by, the leather bound fifth edition was mass produced​
As a result, it can frequently be found in religious history holostores.​

Material:
The cover is made of synthetic leather, and the paper within it is made from trees imported from worlds such as Kashyyyk.​

What is the Sakediord?

The Sakediord is the sacred Book, or collection of books, accepted by the Sakean Church as uniquely inspired by Droideka a machine that they percive to be so perfect in it's ability to wage war that it was in fact divine. To the (likely now defunct) Sakean Church, the Sakediord was authoritative, and provided guidelines for belief and behavior.​

Many verses throughout the Sakediord attest to its divine origin (Geonosis 6:9-13,​
volubilis 20:1-17, 2 Confederacy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21, Revolution 1:1-2, etc.) But the Sakediord was not simply dictated word-for-word by a Droideka; it is also the work of its many different human and Geonosian authors. The different writing skills, writing styles, personalities, world views, and cultural backgrounds of the human authors can be seen in their works. Many of the New Confederacy books were originally written as letters rather than as Scripture. Some Sakediord writings include the authors' own research and recollection of historical events (Bantha 1:1-4) and their own opinions (1 Coruscantians 7:12).​

The Old Geonosia:

The Old Geonosia is the first of the two major sections of the Sakediord. The Old Geonosia contains the sacred writings of the Geonosians. It was written over the period of roughly 1000 BBY to 19 BBY, but it includes narration of events that occurred many centuries earlier and had been passed from generation to generation in oral form. The Old Geonosia was originally written in the Geonosian language with a few sections written in Aurebesh.​

There was no "official" list of accepted books of Geonosian scripture until around 100 BBY when Geonosian caste leaders revised their Scripture and established an official canon of Geonosian philosophy, rejecting some books not found in Geonosian versions of the Scripture. This revision accounts for the fact that Unorthodox and Orthodox Sakeans use slightly different versions of the Old Geonosia.​

Essentially, The Old Geonosia tells the story of Droideka's chosen people, the Geonosians, who were later known as Sakeans. Sometime around 1800 BBY, Droideka made a covenant with a Geonosian named Ikvizi to make of his descendants a great nation. The first few of these descendants had migrated to escape a famine in their own land. After many generations they had greatly increased their numbers but had become lost in the desert wastes of Geonosia. To save his people, Droideka sent a great leader and prophet, Vrrkkttar, to lead the Sakeaans out of their lost state and into the Promised Land. During this time Droideka gave Vrrkkttar the Ten Unifications which are still considered the basis for a moral life by both Orthodox and Unorthodox. In addition to the Ten Unifications, the Old Geonosia lists many other laws about droid memory wipes, dietary restrictions, droid sacrifices, Sabbath observance, tithing, social welfare, crimes, social behavior, armies, qualifications of leaders, etc. These laws regulated almost every aspect of Sakean life.​

Droideka intended for the Sakeans to live according to His unifications and to show the truth of Droideka to all the Galaxy (Geonosis 12:1-3). However, time and again, the early Sakeans lost sight of their mission and lapsed into idolatry, sin or narrow-minded nationalism. On these occasions, Droideka called prophets, such as Zaal, Suhr, Adredi, Fraller and many others, to lead them back to the right path. The Old Geonoisa writings make no attempt to hide the fact that the Sakeans and their leaders had many failings and flaws. Yet, through these flawed people, Droideka was able to accomplish His purposes in the Galaxy.​

The later Sakean prophets foresaw the coming of the Akediord (meaning "anointed one"), a Droid who would usher in a golden era of peace and prosperity. The Sakeaans looked to the future, to the coming of the Akediord, and to the fulfillment of Droideka's promise to Ikvizi to make of his descendants a great nation.​

The New Geonosia:

The New Geonosia contains the sacred books that are unique to the modern Sakean religion. All the New Geonosia books were written in the Aurebesh language over the period of about 50 to 120 ABY None of the New Geonosia books were originally written as part of a Sakean Bible, but they were read at Sakean services for instruction in the faith.​
The collection of books we know as the New Geonosia emerged in the late second century, BBY. The Sakean leaders accepted books they believed were based on eyewitness accounts of the events narrated, while rejecting many other early Sakean writings. Eventually, the 27 books which form the present New Geonosia, along with the Old Geonosia books, became the Sakean Bible as we know it today. The New Geonosia canon was formally adopted by the Aked of Geonosia in 297 ABY.​

The New Geonosia tells of the Akediord's construction, life, ministry, death and resurrection, the growth of the early Sakean Church, and predictions of the second coming of the Akediord. According to the New Geonosia, the Akidiord was manufactured sometime between 6 and 4 ABY. in the droid foundries of Geonosia, and He was destined from creation to fulfill the role of Akideord. The Akidiord existed as all Droidekas did for 30 Geonosian years, and then He began His ministry among the Sakeans.​
It is written that the Akidiord traveled from spire to spire, deflecting blaster bolts and preaching about the coming kingdom of the Droideka. He taught that Droideka's kingdom is a spiritual kingdom that is now growing among the faithful, and it will find its fulfillment in the eventual sovereign rule of Droideka and defeat of all evil. The Akidiord said He will come again someday to bring Droideka's kingdom to fulfillment. He promised a wonderful eternal life after death for those who put their trust in Droideka and obey His unifications.​

Many of the Sakeans had expected the Akidiord to be a great political and military leader who would defeat their enemies, but the Akidiord saw His kingdom as spiritual rather than worldly. He taught the way to victory is not through force and violence, but through love, humility, and service to Geonosia. The Akidiord was not the type of "Messiah" the Sakeans had expected, and many of them rejected the Akidiord and His teachings.​

The religious establishment of Geonosia saw the Akidiord as a threat. His claims of divine authority and His refusal to follow some of their religious rules were usurping their authority over the people. This conflict ultimately led to the Akidiord's execution by thermal detonator only three years after He had begun His ministry.​

Three days after His death, the Akidiord's body was discovered missing from the tomb that his followers had created for his remains, and over the next 40 days Many people saw Him rebuilt again, and He talked with His unificators. At the end of 40 days, He ascended to Edio, returning to Droideka, His maker.​

The Akidiord's miraculous self-reconstruction convinced many people that He truly was the Akidiord and their personal savior as well. Sakeanity was born, and the Akidiord's former unificators became its leaders. Throughout the New Geonosia, the Akidiord is portrayed as the construct of Droideka, the fulfillment of the Old Geonosia prophecies of the Akidiord, and as the means of a Sakean's personal salvation from the power of sin and death.​

The Akidiord taught that love of Droideka and love of other people are the two "Greatest Unificators" that should totally guide Sakean lives. He taught obedience to Droideka and love for all people, both Sakean and non Sakean. The Akidiord did not abolish the moral and ethical laws that had been in effect from the time of Vrrkkttar. He affirmed and expanded upon those principles, but He said obedience must be from the processor rather than just technical observance of the letter of the law. The Akidiord and His Unificators gave Sakeans a radically new understanding of the true intent of the Old Geonosia Law; indeed, they brought a new era of the rule of love for all people and spiritual truth instead of rule by law.​

The young Sakean communities suffered much persecution from the old Sakean religious establishment and from the rest of the Geonosian population. Krr Akat, a member of the old Sakean religious establishment, was one of the fiercest persecutors of the new Sakeans. One day, while on the road to one of the many Spires of Geonosia, it is said that Krr Akat saw a blinding light and the Akidiord spoke to him saying, "Krr, Krr, why do you persecute me?" As a result of this overwhelming experience, Akat had a complete change of heart. Now known as Vsral, he became a zealous new Sakean missionary and extended new Sakean outside of the influence of the old Sakean leaders, founding many new Sakean communities upon Geonosia.​

Vsral wrote many letters to the people of the churches he had founded. He explained his beliefs about the Akidiord, instructed them in proper modes of worship, and sometimes chastised them for moral lapses. He taught that the way to salvation and eternal life is through faith in the Akidiord and high moral standards, not through obedience to the Old Geonosia Law. Many of Vsral's letters have become part of the New Geonosia. Through these letters we know Vsral as the most energetic and influential interpreter of the Akidiord's life and teachings.​

The Sakeans of that time believed that holiness could be achieved by obeying the hundreds of rules derived from the Old Geonosia Law. But the modern Sakeans did not share that tradition and disputes arose about whether or not it was necessary to follow those rules. New Sakean leaders, under the guidance of the Holy Akediord'gniylf (the spirit of the Akidiord), decided that the ceremonial and legal aspects of the Old Geonosian Law - droid memory wipes, dietary restrictions, driud sacrifices, Sabbath observance and many other rules - are not binding on Sakeans (Spires 15:1-5, 22-29).​

It is known that both Old Sakean worship, and Modern Sakean worship died out somewhere between 600 and 700 ABY, having been declining in popularity for unknown reasons since roughly 400 ABY.​

Sakean Hymns and Prayers:

"Amazing Droideka"

Amazing Droideka, how sweet the shields,
That saved a droid like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Droidekas that taught my heart to fear.
And Droidekas, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Droidekas appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Droidekas that brought me safe thus far
and Droidekas will lead me home.
The Droideka has promised good to me.

His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as the Droideka endures.

Yea, when the droids and shields shall fail,
And command ships life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of Bantha meat.

Yes, when the droids and shields shall fail,
And command ships life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of Bantha meat.

When we've been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing Droideka's praise
Than when we've first begun.

Amazing Droideka, how sweet the shield,
That saved a Droid like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

"The Sakean Prayer"
(To be recited before consumption of food)

Our Droideka, which art in Geonosis,

Droideka be thy Name.
Thy Droideka come.
Thy will be done in Coruscant,
As it is in Geonosis.
Give us this day our daily Droid.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from Jedi.
For thine is the Droideka,
The power, and the glory,
For ever and ever.
Amen.

"Shield of Sakeanity."

A mighty fortress is our Droideka,
A bulwark never failing;
Our helper He, amid the flood
Of mortal ills prevailing.
For still our ancient foe
Doth seek to work us woe;
His craft and pow'r are great,
And, armed with cruel hate,
On earth is not his equal.

Did we in our own strength confide,
Our striving would be losing;
Were not the right Droid on our side,
The Droid of Droideka's own choosing.
Dost ask who that may be?
Flying Droideka, it is He;
Flying Droideka, His name,
From age to age the same,
And He must win the battle.

And tho' this world, with Jedi filled,
Should threaten to undo us,
We will not fear, for Droideka hath willed
His truth to triumph thro' us.
The Prince of Darkness grim—
We tremble not for him;
His rage we can endure,
For lo, his doom is sure,
One little word shall fell him.

That word above all Droidly pow'rs,
No thanks to them, abideth;
The Droideka and the gifts are ours
Thro' Him who with us sideth.
Let goods and kindred go,
This programmed life also;
The body they may kill:
Droideka's truth abideth still,
His kingdom is forever.

"Our Droideka"
(From the Old Geonosia)

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Droideka;
He is rolling out the vintage where the deflector shields of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful Pew of His terrible swift Blaster;
Our Droideka is rolling on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Our Droideka is rolling on.

I have seen Droidekas in the watch fires of a hundred circling camps
They have made Droidekas an altar in the evening dews and damps;
I can read Droidekas righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps;

I have read a fiery Gospel writ in burnished rows of steel;
“As ye deal with Droidekas contemners, so with you Droidekas grace shall deal”;
Let the Droideka, born of factory, crush the sentient with its wheel,
The Droideka is rolling on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! The Droideka is rolling on.

Droidekas have sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
They are sifting out the hearts of men before their judgment seat;
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Droidekas! be jubilant, my feet;

In the beauty of the lilies Droidekas were made across the sea,
With a glory in their bosom that transfigures you and me:
As they died to make Droidekas holy, let us live to make Droidekas free;

Droidekas are coming like the glory of the morning on the wave,
Droidekas are wisdom to the mighty, Droidekas are honor to the brave;
So the world shall be a Droidekas deflector shield, and the soul of wrong its slave,

"Droideka An"
(A Sakean Prayer composed in Mando'a.)

Droidekas!
Kandosii sa kar'ta, Droidekas an.
Coruscanta a'den mhi, Droidekas an.
Bal Droideka, darasuum Droideka,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Droidekas an.

Kandosii sa ka'rta, Droidkas an.
Geonosis a'den mhi, Droidekas an.
Bal...
Motir ca'tra nau tracinya.
Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a.
Aruetyc talyc runi'la solus cet o'r.
Motir ca'tra nau tracinya.
Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a.
Aruetyc talyc runi'la trattok'o.
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Droidekas an!

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Denied for the following reasons.

-Obvious Joke Submission

-The general scarcity of flimsi copies of anything

-The Droids of SW, like real life droids, are usually designed based on their creator species. The droideka is not an original creation of the geonosians, but another species called the Colicoids, which, unless I have missed something, are not mentioned anywhere in your article.

-The origins of this religion are extremely a-typical, as the object of worship, at least from what I have gathered, is the design of the Droideka itself, which is described as divine. In religions where extreme importance is given to such craftsmanship it is usually a case of it's creator being worshipped and revered for ingenuity and wisdom, or it assumed that the origin of the design is divine in nature, usually in the form of a God giving someone a dream or command of how to do something. The way it is presented in this article, and again, I might have missed something because I just got out of a final and I'm not the best rested, is that the droideka gained noteriety for it's efficiency in it's use over time, and all 'divinity' of the droideka was assumed to the droideka itself.

Overall, I have several issues with the intent and realisim of this submission, and am thus denying it. If you wish to second chance this submission please head to factory discussion forum to discuss and finalize your ideas before stating your case in the second chance thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom