Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Holo-Recording (Open to Anyone)

(This is an introduction for my character Calum Leon, who is son of two Jedi who abandoned the Order for love. I made his biography a while ago, but never booted this character. I know this may not be the best start, but I need to start somehow. :p Possible Padawan or Apprentice for a Force-Wielder. Link to biography: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/50354-calum-leon/)

A young man thanked a droid, running into the Corellian streets. He had just spent his credits from helping someone for a way to contact the Republic. Corellia was still at least under the eyes of One Sith, and he barely was evading capture as it was. He ran to a broken-down slum cantina and waited, hoping the message would reach someone within the Republic in the next few hours.

<Holo-Recording On Holonet>​
"I am Calum Leon. I am asking anyone in the Republic to get me off Corellia. The One Sith have​
almost caught me. I am the son of two Force-Sensitive exiled Jedi. While I like helping the people oppressed by the Sith rule, I can no longer help without not only endangering myself, but whomever I help. I need to be taken to the Jedi Temple for tests. I may be a bit older, but my parents taught me what they knew - or at least part of what each one knew. My father left me to fend for myself after my mother ws killed by a gang. I only hope you take this Green-crystaled Lightsaber as proof. It was my mother's. I am out of time, and need to hide. I left a hidden code in this message for you to decode for coordinates. May the Force be with us all..."​
Though the recording got to more than Republic vessels near the system... The Sith could easily access it.

[member="Calum Leon"]

Strangely enough, it was neither a Republic nor a Sith eye that had been caught by the holomessage. An all together seperate, third party had been trawling the local holonets, looking for anything out of the ordinary that might prove to be not only interesting, but profitable. That third party was Arali Shala, also known in certain rings as "Blue Velvet" on account of her holonet-handle. Whichever name she went by, however, Arali was a vaguely infamous Slicer from Nar Shaddaa, who had taken a brief... "Paid Vacation" to Corellia after siphoning funds from one of the various slug-lords of the neon planet. However, funds were slowly running out, and there was always some kind of work to be done on a planet at the end of one of the most famous smuggling runs in the Galaxy. Occasionally she liked to imagine that somewhere, in a Galaxy far far away in a future she couldn't quite picture herself in, that there would be someone, somewhere, sat at a holoterminal typing about the planet she was now on. Maybe they were even inputting data about her. Had she become that infamous? She couldn't tell, and would never know. What she did know, however, that Jedi-in-training brought to the right places and hidden in the right ways were pricey things. And she was most certain that liberating the lad from Corellia and turfing him over to whoever came after them first (or second, if the price was right) would funder her exploits for at least a little while longer. Perhaps long enough to get her to another one of those charity functions, where so many credits were being transacted that she could have a veritable field day. Maybe she'd even use the money from that job to pay back the Hutt, with a little profit for him, so she could play it down as... venture captialism? Probably. But before any of that, she had to find this Jedi boy, before his loud mouth got him killed.

With a practiced hand, she brought herself round to one of the data terminals in the area - the kind that could pick up the local holonet, and if used correctly, bounce a signal around the network like a data-based pingpong ball crossed with a Rancor. Not that that was her plan or anything. Her plan was much more subtle. She intended to bounce the signal around the network like a data-based Rancor crossed with a pingpong ball. Much more civilised. Fortunately for her the systems were old, the encryptions outdated, and the security a near walk in the park for someone like her to bypass - which is exactly what she did. Soon enough the one message sent out by the lad was two. Then four. Then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two-hundred. She'd skipped a few steps out, but the end result was the same. Thousands of versions of the same message were being bounced around the holonet of Corenet City, making it look to the untrained eye (and perhaps even the trained one), that there were thousands upon thousands of origin points for the message, which had the glorious side effect of scrambling the messages as they fought for space on the airwaves - another layer of difficulty for anyone else trying to track down the Jedi. Damn, she was good. In less than half an hour she had completely sabotaged everyones attempt to find the lad. Aside from hers. She'd made a point of jotting down the original coordinates on a holopad she'd taken great liberty to have connected to a private network, which allowed her a now uninterrupted update of where she was in relation to the message hid within his message. Unfortunately for Arali, there was one thing she couldn't really stop with her ad-hoc plan. The lad's face was now plastered everywhere in fragmented chunks. Finding him for her, would be the easy part. Keeping him a secret from everyone else?

"Well, every plan has its ups and downs", she said to herself nonchalantly, before setting off to the Cantina he'd parked up in at a leisurely pace.

"If the Republic planned this, then they must have one hell of a plan. Now every terminal is being investigated, trams are shut down, so no escaping the area, much less the planet. I'll be dead within minutes..." Calum whispered. "And half the planet is now tracking me... I get why now. The more false leads and harder codes, the more off-trail some people will get... But I better get out of this cantina. This WILL be the first place the One Sith will send a squadron to look." Calum got up from his table, leaving credits at the table. He didn't notice he started to speed up to the point he was rushing, and bumped into a Trandoshan, his Lightsaber falling from his robes.

"Jedi human... Stun!" The Trandoshan yelled, as multiple people in the cantina stood up, guns ready. Calum used the Force to pick up his Lightsaber, igniting it to attempt to block the shots.

Far above the planet in the vastness of space, the stars white pinpricks against the vast black of darkness. As if someone zoomed out really fast a ship appeared as it left hyperspace. It was the Doppelgangers Lament, the new flagship of Darth Erebos on it's very first hyperspace jump coming fresh of the shipyards above Csilla. As soon as it's sub lights kicked in it lurched forwards and headed down towards the planet it had originally come to visit. The bridge was busy, with sentients busying themselves at various consoles and controls. Most were human, some were chiss and then every once in a while there was some other species. The reason for the number of humans was simply because the buggers were everywhere in the galaxy and the Sith knight sitting on a throne at the back of the bridge had simply hired them because they were there and ready to serve.
The throne was made of black Durasteel and didn't move or svivel but instead it seemed to come out of the very floor with how it was designed, four large crystal claws coming out of the top of the thrones back and reaching towards a middle point above Darth Erebos's head. The armrest had two crystal coming out of them as well but these seemed like upwards curling horns, one from either armrest, reaching upwards. The crystals seemed to pulse with the occasional red color flashing into their black colors.
"The first Hyperspace jump is a resounding success my lord, green across the board." A grizzled and veteran Captain that had followed Erebos since the first ship he had taken as his own when he felt he needed a personal ship, one taken from the one sith Navy. The miralukan/sephi hybrid that sat on the throne, large Tuk'ata at either side of it, with his hands intertwined in front of his face simply nodded to him as he then moved one hand to press a button on his right armrest bringing a small hologram of the planet up in front of him.
A sudden pique of a sharp and squeaky voice came from a very young but brilliant communications officer who raised her hand up in a salute to Erebos as she seemed on edge. Her erratic behavior was an endless source of entertainment to Erebos given how afraid she always seemed to give him bad news and positively radiant she was when giving good news. "S-sir... My Lord! The transmission is undecipherable... I can't pinpoint an origin point at all... s-sorry..." she said half mumbling her apology before she was startled by one of the tuk'ata, the male of the pair seeming chuckle at her, echoing his masters mood at her.
With a small gesture Erebos poured his being into the Crystals of his throne, essentially making the ship a part of him and extending his senses far enough to get the general area of [member="Calum Leon"]'s position, despite the infuriating interference of [member="Arali Shala"]'s attempt to hide him from Erebos, who only really wished to meet the boy, possibly converse with him if he could.
After all Erebos had never met other force users besides the other members of the one sith, well them and that insane sith lord pretender on that junk planet Erebos kept forgetting the name of.
His gesture made a small plip on the hologram and the pilot began to head towards that spot of the planet, right above the cantina in the slums. It's black Durasteel/Alusteel hull fading from sight as the ship entered the orbit and activated it's stealth functions. Standing up the masked Sith knight moved out of the bridge, or was about to as he looked at the captain of his ship. "Get a shuttle ready to take me down to the surface, stay above the location and be ready for a fast evacuation... I don't want the other sith to know of this ships existence." He said in a calm voice, calm almost to the point of pure apathy, the vocal annunciatior in the mask distorting his voice, making it deeper and somehow electrical in a fashion.
Once his orders had been understood the Sith walked off the bridge, but his tuk'ata stayed on the bridge staring at the crew with watchful eyes. His armor was made so that his signature and presence in the force was weak, diminished and made him seemed like an untrained force sensitive that wasn't aligned to any aspect of the force. It would make his approach of the jedi easier though seeing the crossguarded Lightsaber hanging from the belt around his waist might make him suspicious for sure it would neither confirm or deny he was a sith or even a jedi, with a weird clothing sense, for that matter. The shuttle touched down near the cantina and as Erebos walked out he began to remember why he didn't like being around others as much as he had to.
The slum was a reminder that sentients usually were only happy when they had others poorer and worse off than them, a grim reality of a society Erebos didn't become apart of until he was 20. With a few minutes of walking he came upon a cantina and could instantly tell there was a tussle inside it but what piqued his interest however was the familiar and oddly soothing hum of a lightsaber inside.

[member="Calum Leon"] [member="Darth Erebos"]

Coronet City was a damn maze. She loved it and hated it at the same time. Fortunately for her, Urban Mazes were somewhat familiar ground. She turned corner after corner, near sprinting towards the coordinates, confident that even though she had done enough to delay the arrival of anything too insidious for her paycheck it wouldn't be long before someone did something stupid. And as per normal, she wasn't wrong. Fething Trandoshans. Why does it always have to be a Trandoshan? She deeply disliked how quick the lizard-esque humanoids were to violence, and their strange devotion to some mystical scorekeeper. Religion was almost as alien a concept to her as the Trandoshan species. Still. He was in between her and her money, so Arali did as Arali does, spinning her blaster off her belt and taking up a suitably useful spot by the door of the Cantina that would, if everything went to hell and back, allow her to flee into the mess that was Coronet's slums in an instant.

A single shot rang out across the street, allowing itself to be shortly followed by silence and a quizzical look. The Trandoshan that had been so hasty to try and encourage the locals to fire on the Jedi boy found himself looking at a rather nasty hole through his torso. Although he didn't quite understand it at the time, the smoke that drifted up from the wound meant that he was, quite assuredly, dead. The dull thud of his body never registered with him as he doubled over and collided with the floor. How satisfying. It was just enough, combined with the threat of a lightsaber to cause the rest of the cantina's inhabitants to think twice before opening fire - Just enough time for Arali to yell into the bar...

"Everybody sit the Feth down or you'll be joining Corellia's freshest belt."
Solid advice, considering that she'd just put a hole in a Trandoshan without a second thought. A fairly impact filled entrance. This wasn't her normal modus operandi, but when a bar full of cretins were about to fill her paycheck full of holes, she decided that drastic action had been entirely necessary. "I'd start running this way if you want to get out of here alive, Kiddo." she said somewhat nonchalantly to the Jedi. Like he has another choice. She resisted the urge to scrunch her nose up slightly upon realising that he probably had quite a few choices. She just hoped the shock had made coming with her seem like a logical, immediate decision to take.

Despite all of this, however, Arali had completely overlooked the strangely dressed being with the pointy hat and cylindrical crucifix resting on his belt that was stood slightly outside the cantina. In retrospect, this would probably prove to be a mistake, but she had more pressing concerns such as not being shot, and moreover, not being shot repeatedly.

Calum ran through the exit, opposite of the Sith as the slicer ordered. He thought she was probably a Republic agent. He tried to avoid the various blaster fire now taking on outside the cantina, all around the city. He sprinted as fast as he could to try to find sanctuary. 'What have I just caused?', his only thought as he ran, deflecting a few blaster bolts. He soon was able to see an abandoned ship nearby, and headed for it. He quickly entered, sitting in the pilot's set. This thing had to work! He tried prepping it for launch, though it let out a screech loud enough to make noise amongst the blaster fire outside.

"And, the engines... I swear, this thing is gonna be the death of me." Calum spoke to himself, starting to lift off the ground. He had this. He tried to fly off the planet, then noticing a Sith blockade. Going through that would be suicide. He started taking fire from gunsmen below, and decided to quickly flee the city. Piloting through the maze of skyscrapers, he thought he had a clear shot to at least find a new hiding spot. Hopefully he was free until more Republic soldiers could come to save him and that mysterious woman. Getting caught up in the moment, the ship shook rapidly as it took fire from a local defense turret, ironically crashing onto a platform for small ships.

He quickly ran to something to hold onto, as a large crash occured. The ship was in complete ruins of smoke and fie, as well as being scattered all over. Calum lay there, barely able to breathe. Scars and bruises plastered his face as he heard voices. He couldn't make out even the species, much less the gender of the speaker, and soon fell into a state of unconciousness. Was he doomed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom