Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hero That Nobody Asked For

It was just another day on the job. A holo-board claiming the kidnapping of a Princess from a small city on Naboo caught Leo’s eye as he sat in the cantina of the Rebellion Actual, the mobile space port had become a more permanent place where Leo could crash as he owned no actual property anymore. The citizens of the city, the ones who had posted the notice on the Holo-net, claimed that their young nobility, a girl the mere age of sixteen had been captured by a Sith Lord who had then proceeded to slaughter an entire sector of the city. This was something worth looking into…

‘Borrowing’ one of the Outback’s many freighters aboard the port, Leo set out the next day to the co-ordinates of the city. Upon landing, he had a lengthy discussion with the acting minister of the planet about the safe return of the princess and a possible payout. Of course, Leo would do this either way, and these people had been through a lot, but he was offered a reasonable reward for delivering her back to her home in one piece, and give that Sith Lord something to remember him by.

As it turned out, there was someone else who had accepted the task as well, one ‘Toby Rhayne’… her brother. Leo knew that his emotions would conflict with the task at hand but he had a passion to see his sister through this that no one else could have, and that dedication made him a valuable asset. Knowing Leo’s mission, the guards st the royal palace permitted him entry to where this little prince and his sister resided… well, used to reside. Leo opened the large double doors and entered the lobby as who he assumed was Toby was walking down the grand stairs, already seeming to have been geared up for their assignment. “Ahh, you must be Toby.” Leo gave a little mock-bow meant more as a joke than an insult, Leo had yet to witness this boy's skills, but he wasn't expecting much...

| [member="Toby Rhayne"] | [member="Gabriella Rhayne"] |

Toby Rhayne

T
The first time Rell got kidnapped, Toby took it rough, he couldn't sleep, couldn't eat. He began to feel the same effects only more severe to a point where he would disappear for days on end, and when he was finally found he'd be with one of his animals. His sister was a force user....a trait she had inherited from their father. Their mother had lost her life after the birth of Rell, but Toby never held it against her even at his worst. The fact was that he cared too much for her.

Toby jumped up as he heard a knock at his door.

"Prince Jude...the minister has sent word that a man would like to speak to you he'll be here shortly." One of the guards said.

Toby glanced back and sighed. "I said I didn't want any visitors." His voice was quiet

He was never one for being super energetic, that was Rell's job. Jude would feel a twinge of sadness as he would think back on how energetic his sister would be.

"N-no, they're here to inquire about the kidnapping of Princess -"

The teen's face lit up, not many people were willing to help save a princess...the ones that were, were only petty mercenaries.

"I'll be down there soon...." Toby said to the guard who went back to patrol the halls.

Toby began to strap on his armour, the gold armour with some red trim at it's joints. The teen would whistle two short bursts and soon his owl Snow would fly into the window and land on his shoulder. He would let out a small laugh.

"You never fail me bud." Toby would say. The owl would just hoot.

The teen would sheath a sword at his side before walking out of his quarters. He would make his way over to the main hall, where he stood at the top of the stairs, as he looked down, he'd notice a man. Snow would take flight and soar around the hall. Toby walked down the stairs and stopped a few feet away from the man.

"Ah you must be Toby." The man would say as he bowed.

Excitement was obvious on his face.

"That I am..." He would reply as he took a bow, not even noticing that his bow was insulting. Toby would then point to his owl. "That's Snow...." The teen would add. He then shook his head telling himself to get back to business.

"Um, so..." He paused to gulp

"You're here to help me find my sister?" He would ask, the sound of hope in his voice. Snow would swoop back down and land on Toby's should.

He observed the man....he was rough... something most needs tried to be... hopefully that wasn't a front. He would simply keep staring into the man's eyes waiting for a answer. How he missed his sister.

[member="Leo Vandermolen"] // [member="Gabriella Rhayne"]

Leo observed the the owl as it took flight across the lobby, circling the room for a few moments before taking its place back on the boy's shoulder, curious. "That I am, and if you wish to help, you do everything I say, too the letter. Got it?" Leo wasn't trying to intimidate the poor kid, insulting him probably wasn't the best idea with all the guards and whatnot.

"Anyway, let's head back to my ship." Leo waited for the boy to finish his descent down the stairs before turning and gracefully stalking out the door and back towards the freighter. The kid would most likely have trouble keeping up with Leo's long strides, but it wasn't like he was gonna leave without him.

Once safely back aboard the freighter, Leo turned and faced Toby. "You ever rescued a damsel in distress before?" He said with a suave grin, "It takes a lot more work than you think, so be prepared for the worst." Of course, Leo had run through the many possibilities as to what this Sith lord could have done to her, killed her, straight up torture, or the worst case scenario... converted her.

Leo walked over to the cockpit and sat down, turning the engines on and prepping the ship for take off, "So kid, what do you know about all this?" Leo would ask, he needed to garner any additional information that they could use to their advantage if they were gonna pull this off.

Toby Rhayne

T
Toby watched the man as he spoke, he was so confident. Toby of course wasn't that confident but that didn't mean he wouldn't try his hardest to act like it. He shut up as the man finished.

"Um...of course..." He said as he scratched his head. He thought it for the better that he should listen to the man, Toby didn't have much experience in live fire combat he usually trained with the guards of the palace. Toby would soon follow the man to his freighter, the man took large steps as Toby half jogged behind him. Following Toby was a guard from the palace, he was there just to provide extra support if needed.

The teen was soon aboard the ship, when the man asked a question, he asked if Jude had ever rescued a damsel in distress before. The teen would ponder the question for a bit. A smile would appear on his face as he followed the man into the cockpit, the sound of boots clanking on metal was heard the whole way.

"I have...it's part of being a prince..." He would first joke. "Actually Rell has been kidnapped before, taken...her previous bodyguard and I had rescued her...he did most of the work, I had no clue what to do. I was younger." The teen said as he looked back to the guard and sat in the co pilot seat. The guard stood at ready, his blue armour would shine as light hit it, the man's face was covered by a mask that was the same shade of blue. In his hands, he held a DC-15A blaster rifle. The teen would nod before turning back to the man who told him to be prepared for the worst.

"I always am...kind of." The teen would say, honestly, he wasn't prepared for the worst case scenario, he wouldn't be able to provide the support to the city ...that's why he stayed away from being in charge though he held the title of prince, his sister really made the decisions.

"Well honestly I don't know anything about it, one day she was there, the next gone...she must have evaded her bodyguard and explored...she loves exploring..." He would say as he watched the man power on the ship.

His owl sat purchase on the shoulder, softly cooing. The teen would click his tongue twice, the owl would look at him attentively. He would slowly touch it's head.

"Good Snow." He would say softly.
[member="Leo Vandermolen"]

Rell sat on the wall. It had been a long time since she had seen Toby. She missed him greatly and she just hoped telling the Sith that she had no family, would help him. She didn't know though. She could only hope that everything would work out. Rell had said this, initially to protect her brother, pretty much being the only family she had left. Yes, he was older, but as brother and sister, the two protected each other.

She just hoped that he would come.. Rell never lost faith in him, he always came through for her. The last time she had been captured, she knew he was scared and the fear was evident to her. Toby wasn't force sensitive, but somehow they still shared the bond. Maybe she attached herself to him somehow without knowing it, but it happened.

Rell struggled against her bindings. She had been here much longer than expected and started thinking that no one was coming. Toby had to come though. Once she was freed, her mind was set on getting revenge on the Sith for what he did to her.. but she then she remembered how she got here in the first place. She needed more training with the force and saber training before she went into battle with him again.

Soon though, the ship landed somewhere. She was unsure of where, but doing the best she could, she sensed for the surroundings. She got the picture of grass and a blue sky and a platform of where the ship was landed. She guessed Lothal or Naboo.. but she was unsure.. Rell guessed that they would be here for a while. If only she could gift Toby with the force. He was great with a sword, she just wondered how he would be if he had a lightsaber. She imagined it, seeing Toby's face. Then the stinging, burning pain came from her stomach and she grunted, trying to block out the pain.

Rell couldn't wait to see him again.. this time, he was bringing a friend she didn't know though..

~ [member="Toby Rhayne"] ; [member="Leo Vandermolen"] ~

They set off into the vastness of space and prepared to go hyper. The owl's incessant hoots drove Leo slightly insane throughout the journey, but he let the kid keep his pet, as long as it didn't cause too much of a distraction. It ALWAYS helps to plan ahead, and so after noticing the posted notice, Leo did a little research into the event before pursuing the job any further. It turns out that the Sith Lord who had captured her was a one, '[member="Vengeance"] '. Funny name, Leo had thought to himself as he uncovered the information on the contract.

The two spent a few hours reviewing the plan of action as they sped towards their destination. An informant of Leo's had tracked the exiled Lord's ship to a small refueling station on Lothal. Even without the support of other Sith he was still a powerful foe, and so they had to break into the ship undetected while he was gone. Obviously, he wouldn't think that Gabriella could escape on her own, but he would definitely have security measures in place to prevent any 'unwelcome guests.'

"Alright..." Leo glanced at Toby, "We're going in mostly blind, I know that it's stupid, but we have no concrete lay-out of this guy's ship, and my informant could only give me so much info without entering the danger-zone. We break in, get your sister, and get out, with this Sith none the wiser. You got it?" He asked as he reverted his gaze back to the window of the freighter. It wasn't much of a plan, more of a whim-of-the-moment improvisation, but it was all the had at the moment.

| [member="Gabriella Rhayne"] | [member="Toby Rhayne"] |

Toby Rhayne

T
Toby couldn't shake the feeling of his sister being dead, it would definitely shake him to his core, he gripped his sword before starring into space...over the next few hours, the man would go over his plan with Toby. The boy would listen carefully as he spoke, he knew if there was one mishap, someone could die.

The man spoke of the sith that called that ship his own. He said they'd have to attack while the sith was away.

Leo started to speak again.

He spoke about the duo being blind while going in to rescue Rell. He spoke about the dangers and about how they would be in and out of the ship. The prince would nod.

"Um...of c-course..." He said, he was a bit unsure.

He sighed.

"What...what if she's.. y'know d-dead?" He would ask in a frightened tone.

[member="Gabriella Rhayne"]

The boy was scared, Leo could see that. "Don't worry about that for now kid, there's alot worse things a Sith can do then kill you." Admittedly, Leo wasn't the best at comforting people, he usually focused his charisma more on charming people tan providing comfort. He decided to at least try, "Look, we WILL get your sister out of there, you have my word. Now if that's everything, we should prepare ourselves for what comes next, because you need to be ready for this, alright?" Leo spent the rest of the trip in silence, gearing up into his Nexu armor and sliding his mask on over his face. The ship came out of hyper-space as the planet came into view, Here goes nothing.

| [member="Toby Rhayne"] | @Leo Vandermolen |

Toby Rhayne

T
The words Leo had said sent shivers down his spine, it would sit in his mind, 'what kind of tourture could sith do?' he would think to himself, he shook his head at the thought.

Leo would reassure him not to worry because they would get his sister out of the Sith's prison. The rest of the trip was spent in silence. Leo could be seen readying himself for the battle to come. Soon the planet would come into view, Lothal, he had never really been off Naboo much

He looked over to Leo "This is where she's being kept?" He would ask, he peered out to the planet as his owl hooted

The main hatch of the ship was open. A breeze went through the ship, even reaching the cargo hold where Rell sat. The smell of fuel came over her senses and she guessed that he was refueling the ship. Rell sighed.. she seemed to be rather calm, but the pain coming from her torso was no match for how she would have been acting if she wasn't trained to resist pain.

Rell decided that she would meditate some more and she sensed that the Sith had gone past her at least three times.After he was gone, she came out of meditation, looking to her satchel where her lightsabers and blasters sat. Her shirt was cut into a crop top due to the Sith cutting up her stomach, multiple scars from before and new ones from what he did to her. She just hoped that there was an extra shirt somewhere in her bag. Rell also hoped that the scars on her stomach wouldn't reopen if she moved.

Then all of a sudden, as if it were a beacon, she sensed a familiarity. Rell held onto the signature and looked closer. She recognized it to be her brother. Toby was coming for her! She knew he was, but there was another signature with him.. one she hadn't recognized. Rell guessed that he had brought a friend along. It never hurt to have backup. She was just excited that Toby was actually coming for her. She was excited that he had even found her.

They sat, perched atop a small hillside, overlooking the ship. They'd set the freighter down on the other side of the hill to conceal it just incase the Sith had suspected anything. Leo watched as the ship's ramp extended and [member="Vengeance"] strode out, heading towards the small refueling station. "Now's as good as time as any." he said to Toby, handing in the binoculars and a comms unit.

"I'll go in, get your sis and get out, if the Sith comes back, tell me on this." He said gesturing to the comms device. Leo stood, stretching his body and began descending the hill. Quickly and quietly, that was his 'plan' as he slid down the steep slope, his thick yet flexible armor protecting him from any damage, the kid would have a bit more trouble if he wanted to follow, even more if he wanted to keep up.

Toby Rhayne

T
They sat there on a hill watching the Sith's ship, soon the man would leave and head towards the refuelling station. Leaving his ship somewhat unguarded. He took the binoculars from Leo's Hans and scoutted the ship. The prince also received a comm link. He would not as Leo slid down the hill. A few minutes would pass as he entered the ship. Toby would sighed as he rose from his position and slid down the hill. His owl flapping behind him.

He would enter the ship as well. "I wouldn't be a very good brother if I didn't save her." He would say to his owl. He would then whistle twice and the owl would split off and begin to soar above the ship.

He would reach for the comm. "Leo I'm on my way...." He would say into it.

He would then think of Gabby. He was so close to finding her.

[member="Leo Vandermolen"] and [member="Gabriella Rhayne"]

Toby was so close. It was as if she could yell and he would hear her or she would be able to reach out and touch him. He may not have had the force, but either way, they still shared a certain bond. This capture was similar to the last time, except the torture was a little more rough than last time. Not to mention the lies spread about her by the Sith. The Sith had a helper along with him on the ship that must have gone with him to fill up the gas on the ship, because Rell couldn't sense him. But the man had been ordered to pose as a fake news reporter for Naboo. He said that Princess "Annabella" Rhayne had fallen in a battle and ordered her people to die for her and then she was carried away as if he was "saving her". That wasn't the truth though. One, reporters knew to call her by her first name, not her middle, two, she was struck down by this Sith and was tortured near death.

As if it were a beacon, she sensed Toby and his friend growing closer and closer. Someone had already entered the ship as she could hear footsteps, but she was unsure of who they were. Her force powers were limited in her bindings, but she forced herself to find out who was there. Focusing on it, it didn't seem dark. She was pulled from her focus though. A pain sharper than she could resist shot through her body, leading her to let out a short yell in agony. It was loud enough for someone on the ship to hear, but anyone far from the hatch, wouldn't exactly hear it.

"Toby.. come soon.. please. I-I don't think I can hold on f-for much longer.."

she said to herself. Rell needed to get out of here as soon as possible. Her breath was short and in her agonized yell and spasm, a scar or two had reopened and it stung like crazy.

Leo crept like a shadow through the long, metal hallways of the ship, his feet pressing lightly on the pristine grates to reduce as much sound as he could, he didn't know what awaited him around the next corner. As Leo rounded the next corner, he stopped dead at the sound of a scream ringing through the corridor. Kark it, Leo decided, bursting into a sprint towards the source of the noise, coming to a stop outside a large metal door.

Leo slammed on the panel and the door lifted, revealing what Leo could only describe as a torture room. Strapped to the wall at the end of the room was the Princess, battered and bleeding, but conscious. Leo walked forward and undid the cuffs that kept her to the wall, supporting her weak frame as she fell to the ground. "I got you, you'll survive... probably." Even in times of crisis, Leo still kept his calm and charismatic composure.

Toby Rhayne

T
Toby made his way into the ship, his frustration grew more and more . Soon a scream would be heard. Instantly he thought the worst he bolted towards the sound's source. He kept his guard up as he ran. Soon he'd reach the source, Leo was already there undoing her shackles.

He looked upon his sister she had been beaten and bloodied. His heart sank, his sister had been tourtured badly worse than before. Toby let out a small breathe of relief as he looked at her. Rage started to build up in him though. He looked towards Leo.

"That Sith is dead Leo, I'm going to kill him...Nobody touches my sister." He growled. He looked to Rell. He couldn't leave her alone though. He let out a sigh. "Let's just go..." The teen said

Leo supported the girls weight with his as they began to leave the room, "The job was to get your sister and get the phrik outta here. There will be no Sith killing today... as much as we all want it." Leo groaned at the pressure, the girl was fairly light, but he wasn't the strongest guy in the galaxy, relying more on his lean build to get him out of tricky situations with speed and agility rather than raw strength. "For now, stick close to me. We get her back to the ship and leave, [member="Vengeance"] none the wiser. Got it?" He asked.

The Sith Lord would most likely be pissed, his 'trophy ' escaping from him right under his nose. It made Leo a bit more content imagining the rage that would consume him when he got back, finding the girl gone. But for now, they had to leave... and quickly.

Not long after Rell's yell, she could hear footsteps right outside the door and a single bang as the door then opened, revealing her to a man. She didn't know him, but as soon as her let go of her restraints, she fell into his arms. Rell let out a few grunts as she fell, but he seemed to support her weight well enough. Not long after, she looked up at him almost passing out, but then Toby ran through the door.

"T-Toby!"

she said weakly. Rell wanted to run and jump into his arms like she used to when she was little, but in her position, she was far too weak and injured to do so. All of a sudden, the force fully came back to her and she could sense Toby's rage. Hearing what he said about the sith, Rell shook her head.

"N-no.. you won't have a chance.. he's too strong. We'll h-have to do it together. Could you get my bag for me?? It's in that corner over there."

she responded. Her bag had all of her weapons and a bunch of other things in there that were necessary, like an extra pair of clothes. Rell didn't realize how weak she truly was at that moment until Leo seemed to struggle a little bit. She tried to help him out a little bit by putting her feet on the ground and trying to walk with him, but she only failed. Her joints hurt way too much to do anything. She honestly hurt all over.

Toby Rhayne

T
Toby nodded to Leo, the teen was pissed but if he was going to make it out he'd have to listen to what Leo was trying to say. He noticed that Leo might need a little help with Rell and began to walk toward the two.

Rell's voice sounded, she called the teen's name. Toby looked to her with wide eyes. She asked for her bag. He instantly turned and walked to pic it up. Toby held it in his hand. He then made his way back to Rell. Toby took his sister's other arm and wrapped it around his neck.

"Your right Leo, I reacted too fast. She's hurt and we need to get her back home."​ Toby paused as he looked to Rell ​"As Leo said, no sith fighting today, we gotta get home."

​[member="Gabriella Rhayne"] [member="Leo Vandermolen"]

The trio struggled out of the ship, carrying the wounded girl back to Leo's. It had been a long day but the finally did it. She was coming home. They boarded the ship and Leo set the girl down on a bed, it was makeshift, but it would have to do. It was a job well done, and the purr of the ship was just the icing on the cake. He cocked a smile as he swung back in the cockpit, glancing at the siblings as they reunited. With that, he took flight. It was gonna be quite the journey home...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom