Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Hard Light Weapons MK II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taji Nelson

T
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Biometric Scanner

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Sword / Spear / Axe / Hammer / Mace / Trident / Knife / Etc.
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average

SPECIAL FEATURES

Safer to use than a Lightsaber.
Biometric Scanner.

STRENGTHS

Versatile
Only the owner can use it.

WEAKNESSES

The weapon is more buggy than the original; sometimes giving the wrong construct rather than the one that the individual wants. The weapon is vulnerable to being hacked into as well. It requires large amounts of energy in order to power it. Due to the nature of the materials used, Lightsabers are unfortunately able to break through them. This problem will likely be resolved in a later variant of the Hard Light Weapons once a solution to such has been figured out however. It is not waterproof. It is not EMP Resistant. It can easily be detected.

The Force is something it has no protection against, either.

DESCRIPTION

With the original Hard Light Weapons existing, Taji decided they needed an improvement to the original ones. Designing them anew he made them out of a new set of materials as opposed to the ones he'd made it out of before. Creating it to be more durable and shielded against EMPs and detection, the Hard Light Weapons were made by him to use as a wide range of weapons, and tools.

The Hard Light Weapons MK II were made as an update to the original Hard Light Weapons because they were outdated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Taji Nelson

While it is nice to see someone else utilizing hardlight there are several things to clear up.

1. I own the star wars tales comics and when solid state holograms do appear in 17 for Mauls story there isn't much resistance between it as Lukes investigation and confrontation with the doctor takes up more. What is your justification and or cited sources for some light to deflect the blades?

2. You have kind of just piled materials together and they won't alter the quality of the light being projected. Just sort of making the hilts a super alloy that I imagine would have diminishing returns with ten materials in them and these hilts are going to be hand sized. I would suggest picking one or two and using those since most of them seem to do the same things.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Taji Nelson

First lets break down everything needed.

1: Narrow the scope of the materials used
2: What sort of power source does it use? How long does it last under ideal conditions?
3: Anything that can be masked from sensors would be considered stealth tech and automatically need to be made semi-unique.
4: Mention in the weaknesses that this isn't lightsaber resistant.

Taji Nelson

T
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms While I did not want to cut the Sensor Cloaking Material from it, I've done so. I've also cut the EMP Resistance as well as the wateproofing. I've cut the Phrik as well as the Lightsaber Resistance from it. Is there anything else that needs to be cut?

It would last ideally for as long as it's powered on. The power supply it uses is basically mini Solar Cells. It can also be plugged in to recharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom