Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Heart Line Story: A Sidequest [Adron | Illyria ]

Approaching L'Enfer
Orbit of Illyria
Aboard the Magesteria

"Why do I feel like we're going backwards?"

New_Project_7.png

Seated in the pilot's chair of the Magesteria, Magdalena watched with some deflation as the beautiful planet slowly grew to fill the windowscape.

["Is something wrong?"]

Atheema, her most trusted advisor at GUIDE and close confidante, was not able to join her on this particular journey. Neither was Isaiah Dashiell ... or anyone from GUIDE for that matter. They were busy. As busy as could be expected trying to keep the Heart Line Hyperlane Project from collapsing under a bungled schedule. Instead, Atheema had opted for a pre-game pep-talk via holocall.

["You love to travel. Illyria's a prime planet for implementation into GUIDE. I'm surprised you aren't overwhelmed with excitement."]

That was Magda's M.O. when it came to business opportunities like these; traveling to new planets, discovering new cultures and peoples, meeting leaders and talking futures. A handful of years ago she would have been beside herself with enthusiasm. Today? She just wanted to be back with the crew working on the Heart Line, getting it to a place that felt good instead of the disaster it had become. It felt wrong to be here, of all places, arranging to speak with a King.

["Isaiah is right, you know."] Atheema gently intoned over their holo-call, ["you're too concerned with things being perfect. Plotting and building hyperlanes is messy business, Magdalena."]

"Crusader's Way had been so easy though..."

["It had already been plotted and built by the Crusade. You spent a few months finding something lost that already existed and cleaning it up a bit. The Heart Line is only an idea right now,"] and there it was, that motherly tone Atheema had become prone to taking ever since the mess at Ichor. Magda wasn't sure if she resented it or appreciated it at times, but having a mother-figure around was certainly a welcome thing. ["Besides,"] Atheema continued, ["you're the best at selling GUIDE."]

"Maybe," Magda sighed. Atheema had a point ... well, she had many points, but the latter was true. There was no one else in the company better at talking GUIDE than the Founder herself, "but you're not the one that has to decline a King's invitation to stay in his luxury suite because you can't take your hazard suit off."

["He will understand, and if he doesn't and feels it necessary to be insulted then all you've lost is some fuel and a bit of time. The fuel is paid for and we're in no rush, Magda. You're doing the best you can with what you've got, and your best is a great thing."]

Magda crossed her arms and tilted her chair back and forth, momentarily chewing that over. The tiny smile hidden behind her faceplate couldn't help itself, "No one butters me up like you do Atheema."

["Have fun,"] Atheema insisted, ["GUIDE and the Heart Line will be here when you get back."]

Sighing to herself as the comm cut, Magda sat up in her chair a littler straighter this time. The L'Enfer began cresting the horizon of the planet in her viewscreen and so she initiated the complicated process of arrival.

"L'Enfer, this is Magdalena Lethe with GUIDE aboard the Magesteria, requesting permission to dock."

She would work on drumming up her enthusiasm once she was off her ship and had a chance to walk around.

Adron Malvern Adron Malvern

Last edited:
illyrian300.png

L'ENFER

HiFucker.jpg

L'enfer was a majesty in its own right. A technological behemoth designed and constructed by Dynetech Industries. It was a beautiful thing to behold and a symbol of the Illyrian's peoples rallying moment where they stood together, plunging themselves into a new age. That was, at least, what had been imprinted on every brochure and catalog on this side of the galaxy, The truth? L'enfer was a terribly complicated piece of technology with barely ten percent of its staff working at optimal performance. Due to this, several of its functions and programs were behind schedule and in dire need of attention.

There was a noticeable pause after Magdalena transmitted her dock request. Finally a thick Illyrian voice came out over the comm device, speaking somewhat distractedly. "Bonjour
Magesteria. A transmission is being beamed to your ship as we speak. Please follow the detailed holding pattern and await confirmation to land." Following the dispatch of the holding pattern, the communications between the two were dark for several minutes. When finally the station made contact with Magdalena again it was a different, more sure sounding voice that filled the channel. "Magesteria? Apologies for the delay. You have been given priority landing clearance. Please proceed to docking bay twelve."

Docking bay twelve was on the opposite side of L'enfer to where most ships were inprocessing. As the ship came into land at a large, private hanger there were a number of Fueling Supplymen awaiting the ship's approach. A landing guide brought the ship in to an easy dock before giving the cockpit a brief thumbs up to show the landing had been completed without incident.

The fuel hands approached the ship without hesitation. Drawing a large pipe from a metallic host and reading the ship's fuel port to see what kind of fuel it would need.

For Magdalena, there was a single deck officer awaiting her. He wore a vibrant blue uniform with a scarlet collar and matching tie. As the woman descended from her ship, he would offer a bow of his head, throwing his left arm out in flamboyant Illyrian tradition. "Bonjour mademoiselle. His majesty would like me to welcome you to Space Station, L'enfer. Originally his majesty had plans to meet with you in the capitol city, however an urgent matter aboard the space station required his oversight. He is prepared to meet with you within the hour. I can take you to the meeting are whenever you are ready." He said with a warm tone, before gesturing to her ship. "Please leave any and all weapons within your ship. While you are gone it will be refueled and washed." He explained.

wrappingpaper.png

Adron Malvern Adron Malvern

As with most things when standing on the outside, the bungled communications went unknown as everything went smoothly in Magda's eyes. The delays were hardly noticed; she'd become accustomed to sitting in long lines waiting to dock at major trade and commune hubs the galaxy over. Magda mutely recalled a three hour wait to dock for Kal'Shebbol. She'd had enough time to get in a short workout, shower, and enjoy a light lunch. It made a few minutes seem fast.

If anyone asked her? The L'Enfer was a shining example of efficiency and manners.

"Bonjour," she replied to the man who greeted her, his own face reflected to him in the glass of her faceplate, and gave pause as he explained the situation, "in an hour? Ici?"

Mortified, she looked down at herself. This was her regular exosuit, and though Atheema insisted it was classy enough for most formal settings, Magda wasn't convinced it would do for a meeting with royalty.

"Ahm ... how unexpected. Do you think I have enough time to change? I'm not sure my current wardrobe is up to par for a King."

Last edited:
illyrian300.png

L'ENFER
Tags: @Magdalena Lethe

The Deck Officer produced a datapad from a pouch on his waist. A single hand went to his lips as he considered the woman's words carefully. He shortly tapped into the datapad before smiling happily at whatever was returned to him. His eyes, boyish and bright, looked up to the woman with a certain expression. "The time is afforded. His Majesty would like for me to extend his gratitude for your patience. He would like for you to notify me whenever you are prepared for the meeting and we will begin promptly." The deck officer said. He bowed respectfully to the woman before gesturing to a nearby terminal. "I shall be there when you find need of me."

~~~
When Magdalena returned to the Deck Officer he seemed gainfully employed in the terminal he'd been working at. His eyes rose to meet the woman, noticing the new attire that the woman had changed into. It was quite obvious that he was not expecting her to keep her helmet on, yet he said nothing. In fact the only thing that showed his interest was a prolonged gaze at the glass-like facial features before he finally took hold of his datapad. After collecting a few folders filled with some miscellaneous paperwork the man flashed another bright smile. "Prepared? How wonderful." He said with a noticeable pep in his tone.

He gestured towards a nearby hall, leading the woman out of the landing bay and deeper into the station of
L'enfer. There were a number of individuals in the halls of the station, however it was easy to notice that none of them seemed to be like Magdalena, they were all Illyrian engineers and service workers.

The trip to the next corridor did have some pause.

Members of L'enfer's security team, the
Illyrian Peace Officers, brought their attention to the woman as she approached a sealed entrance. The Deck Officer provided the Security Officer with a code cylinder. The man quickly plugged the cylinder into a slot in his gauntlet before nodding. "Access granted. Stand by for scanning. Do you have any weapons or tools?" He asked.

The Security Officer opened the door behind him, revealing a pentagon shaped hall with a number of metallic scanners on each of the dorsal walls. "Step inside and remain still." He said. The Deck Officer led the way into the scanner, turning to speak with the woman as the dark blue light passed over their body. "I'm afraid Security has been rather heightened since the terrorist attack a few months ago." He explained with a weary, apologetic sigh. The scanner turned a vibrant shade of red as a voice called out from the intercom.

"I want her out of that suit!" The voice demanded, however the Deck Officer showed the woman another apologetic sigh before clearing his throat. "It was pre-cleared sir. His majesty himself signed off on it." The man said. There was a noticeable silence before the red light was switched off and the door at the other end of the hall opened.

The final hall they traveled through was sparsely traversed, in fact they were the only two in the hall until they reached a pair of double glass doors. In front of the doors was a single man, dressed in shining Phrik armor with an amethyst sash running down his chest. He looked to the two, his hands clasped tightly around the Vibropike in his hands. "Please have a seat, my lady. His majesty will be here momentarily." The Knight assured her.

The meeting room itself was wonderfully furnished with all that could ever be needed for such a meet. There was an assortment of sweets and snacks on a metallic table in the edge of the room, while both chairs on either side of the large table had access to the holoemitter in the center of the room. A massive viewport revealed the planet of Illyria, looming beside the space station.

wrappingpaper.png

Magda was nothing if not utterly mortified at the response to her attire. At the King's initial outreach she'd given a sparknotes version of her situation; Magdalena was immuno-compromised and forced to live her life in an environmental suit. A suit that, according to the sensors of the security scans, held far too much tech to be trusted by those not in the know. She was wordlessly grateful for her chaperone's defense and hung back slightly behind him as he dismissed the need for alarm.

"My apologies for the trouble," she said to him as they exited the scanner, "my suit doesn't normally set off immigration scanners ... but most places I go aren't quite so secure."

A glance was given over her shoulder to the room they had left and she couldn't help but awkwardly shrug off the lingering fright. The idea of being forced out of her suit was ... well, horrific.

At least she'd been able to change into her ceremonial suit. Now she wouldn't have to worry about offending the King's sense of propriety with her casual rags. The shine of her glass faceplate took in the suit of armor standing guard at the entrance to the meeting chamber and gave her heartbeat a faint stutter. The terrorist attacks must have been quite bad. "...thank you..." the woman stepped through the door to take in the finery before her.

She eyed the empty chairs. They looked like something her grandmother would have furnished her home with - which was to say, they were of high taste and value. Her grandmother had been royalty herself, after all. But Magda didn't much feel like sitting. She'd been sitting in her ship for the duration of her trip here and her fraying nerves at the security commotion had her on edge. Instead, she walked.

Magda circled the room slowly, visually indulging in the sweets and treats offered before making her way to the open view of the planet below. Remarkable how easily these things still managed to take her breath away. What a jewel. She would be standing there when King Adron Malvern Adron Malvern arrived, and turned with a start as he did.

Words of greeting failed her and she stared at him like a yerba in headlights.

Mags, you are so out of practice...

Last edited:
illyrian300.png

L'ENFER

It had barely been five minutes before the glass doors to the meeting room were opened. The attire the King had chosen for this day had been obviously pulled from the thick traditions that embodied Illyria. He wore a black-grey dress coat with a set of matching trousers and similar boots with silver laces winding through their body. His right hand held a datapad while his left held an ornate walking cane. Most noticeable about the King were his eyes, striking amethyst pearls with a hawk-like gaze that pierced all it saw. He held a rather amused gaze at Magdalena's response to his entry. The unexpected paused that came from her shock was equally delightful.

"My Lady." He spoke in greeting. His tone was a blend of cold and refined, with a subtle hint of danger laced beneath the mixture. His voice, like fine wine poured against a silver blade, was as direct as it was charming. As he approached Magdalena he held a hand out to receive her own. Once her hand laid within his he would bow at the waist, softly tapping his brow to the back of her hand in a courtly greeting. "Excuse me for the abrupt change of plans. There was an urgent matter I had to attend to on the station. Rather than delay our meeting, I thought it prudent to move it up." Whether or not the apology was sincere was a mystery, though he did give off some warm, accepting tone to say he was welcoming this meeting.

"Please, sit." He said, an open hand waved over her seat in a presentative manner. "I am glad we could meet as there are a few matters I wished to discuss with you." He said, taking a lead on the conversation at hand. He remained standing for a moment, resting his cane against the wall behind his chair while he spoke. "Now then. Through mutual channels we have been unveiled to one-another. From what my advisors tell me, Illyria has much to benefit from a partnership with GUIDE." He took his seat just before setting his datapad down and clasping his hands together on the table. He looked to the woman's helmet intently before tapping the datapad.

"In recent years Illyria has benefited from a singular vision of prosperity. However, there is only so much a planet can achieve when it is isolated from the rest of the galaxy. I'm sure you understand that, so you will also understand that this matter is an important one. Now, I have heard it from the mouths' of others, but I wish to hear it from you."

"What can GUIDE do for my world?" He asked before falling silent.

wrappingpaper.png

Magdalena felt her spine go ramrod straight as the King approached, and though her mind ossilated between an appropriate formalize greeting, her body did absolutely nothing aside from track his progress across the room. Yet another instance where she was perfectly pleased to have the purple veil of glass and internalized atmospheric molecules to obscure the state of her expression. Rest assured, it wasn't prim and regal.

He took her gloved hand and her heart did a flutter. For a moment she was reminded of her evening meeting with Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean at an upscale restaurant. So poised, suave, well-spoken -- the King, of course, not her. There wasn't a hint of nervousness about him, but the command of someone who owned whatever space he happened to be in. She was reminded, then, of her grandmother. Magda did well to prevent a shiver.

"H-hi..." wether or not the meek hello could be heard did not seem to matter. The man took control of the moment and the conversation, steering her over to a chair and asking her to sit. It might've been a command. She didn't know, but she did as volun-told. There was little chance to get a word in edge-wise, which was just as well considering the gears of her functional brain were only just starting to turn again.

The business talk started, greasing those gears. And then came the ignition switch to the engines that had Founded, built, and grown GUIDE from the floor up: "What can GUIDE do for my world?"

Showtime, Mags.

"That's an excellent question, Your Highness."

She lifted her right arm and tapped into a control panel on a metallic bracer at the fore. A golden, translucent solid-state hologram interface bloomed into life just over her wrist. She keyed in a few commands across the holographic interface and tilted her visor upwards as a localized map of current and surrounding galactic sectors sprang into the air above.

"Since your initial outreach I have spent some time doing research on your lovely planet and home. You have a healthy, prospering planetary economy and a growing trade economy within the local sectors, and that's a very good thing. However, when looking into your trade destinations, I noticed your reach was limited. That's very common for planets contained within this area of the galaxy. Beyond your immediate contacts and Allies, I feel confident in saying that it is likely your planet is otherwise unknown. Has this been an issue for you when attempting to expand your trade outwards?"

Last edited:
illyrian300.png

L'ENFER

There was a nod that came from the King as the woman spoke and quickly presented a hologrammed map of the surrounding sectors. Illyria's only downfall, which was also its greatest Security function, was that it was at the literal edge of the known galaxy. In fact, there were still plenty of systems within The Confederacy that were unaware of its existence. However the time to silently build in the dark was gone, burned through all too fast with the past three to four years of progress. Now they had finished shoring up what was theirs and it was time to take hold of a broader picture.

Magdalena continued and he listened silently. He took her compliments with a soft, unreadable smile while keeping his mind on the topic at hand. She mentioned that his reach to the greater galaxy was limited and again he nodded in agreeance. "Yes, this is true. Unless direct contacts are made it is simply impossible for us to function as a trade network due to our location." He told her that which he was sure she already knew.

He was amused. One sector to the left? Illyria's income could very well double. Three sectors to the left and four to the top? It would be thirty times what it is now. They'd done the research and ran the numbers. If Illyria remained outside of the prime trade networks than not only would it fail to progress, it could very well be forced back several paces. The simple trade treaties afforded from Geminidae and those gained from Mya Jesel Mya Jesel were simply not enough for the King's grandiose design. No, not nearly enough.

"Of course." He replied to her question.

"Trading outside of the immediate systems is virtually impossible without a great deal of time and effort. Effort that would be better directed elsewhere." He explained.

"So GUIDE is the salvation to this issue, then?" He asked with a bit of his amusement dripping out from his tone.

wrappingpaper.png

"Let's not be hasty here," Magda remarked, taking the main console element of her bracer from its housing and placing it on the table between them. There it could sit, unimpeded by her movement. She directed the view of the map to zone in closer to Illyria's sector and shifted the angle to include sector-distant lanes that were simply out of reach.

"GUIDE can't create miracles, but it can create infrastructure and establish convenience through networking. Hyperlane construction, primarily."

She shifted the map again with two hands in the air and two pointer fingers extended. Magda indicated the lower belly of the Mara Corridore, "You are aware that GUIDE is presently working on a new major hyperlane for the Confederacy, of which its first link up is here, at Kamino. Once completed, it will extend across the bulk of Confederacy space, all the way to Sullust at the intersection of the Rimma, the Hydian, and the Sanctuary lanes. In an ideal world, you would link up with that new lane via Kamino, but the conditions are hardly ideal. Not to mention it will likely be several galactic standard years before the Heart Line is complete. The other issue is..."

Magda zoomed out, "You see all this area between you and and Abrion Sector? It's uncharted space with the planet Pzob being your closest civilized neighbor. I use the term civilized loosely, the Gamorreans are not famous for their hospitality to outsiders. Pzob doesn't exactly export anything of note, so your best bet would be to make friends and see if you have anything of value to them for import."

"An alternative option would be to link up here, at the planet Hallowend. It sits at the conjunction of two major hyperlane routes: Crusaders's Way, which I charted and published a few years ago, and Corellian Run. That's a lot of uncharted space, too, and mostly filled with uninhabitable planets, but linking up directly to Crusader's Way gives you access to the Rimma, via Kal Shebbol, after a jaunt."

lB3rYjV.png

Last edited:
illyrian300.png

L'ENFER

Silence fell when Magdalena finished speaking. The King's hand came to his chin as he remained in thought. He had anticipated much of the things Magdalena had told him. He stood up from his seat, walking towards the center of the table and gazing at the display closely. Pzob was a miserable little rock with nothing more than scattered clans of Gammoreans. Not only were the pig-men insufferable to deal with, they likely only had a marginal value to provide to the total trade industry. No, Pzob was simply not an option, not for this venture at least.

So the King's hand pointed to Hallowend. "Hallowend." He repeated. His hands came down on the table while he considered the options. His left hand came up from the table for a moment and his datapad that was sitting in front of his seat slowly slid into his grip. He began to input the planet's name, making a note to research the world more so that he could learn of it.

After making the note, the King looked to Magdalena. "What would it require? To connect into the networks of Hallowend." Two prominent routes that could bring about a greater deal of prosperity to his world? He could not ignore it.

"The uncharted space..." He spoke softly, his eyes gazing out at the barren areas with a soft sigh of exasperation. This was another problem with Wild Space, it was wild. Few people took to mapping and laying out the proper routed into and around Wild Space. Even with Adron and his wife, Alessandra Creed Alessandra Creed found the planet of Illyria it was by a freak accident that had almost meant their deaths. "...ever a problem." He completed his thought, before turning to the woman once more.

"And how long would it take? Connecting to Hallowend?" He asked.

wrappingpaper.png

"Uncharted space is always the problem when it comes to hyperlane construction, or so it has been said. It's the main issue holding up the Heart Line. I nearly lost an entire Pathfinder team to an unknown ship graveyard between Kamino and Bothawui. It's swarming with Starweirds ..." she withdrew for a moment, remembering the sound of Isaiah Dashiell's screams over the comm as they tried to find him. And the blood when they did. So much blood.

She digressed, pushing those nightmarish images from her mind to instead focus on the big question: what would it take?

"Honestly? Time, people, and a lot of funding. Scouring Wild Space for safe passageways is no simple or easy task. We just don't know what's out there. We could run into another nest of Starweirds, or a space slug, asteroid fields, unknown planets, black holes ... the list goes on. I'm finding Hyperlane construction to be a career of perserverance and maybe a touch of madness, who knows. The better question to ask is, can it be done?"

She looked back up at the map for a moment, moony eyes just showing through the faint fog behind her visor, and nodded, "if the Moross Crusade could do it, then so can we, and you can bet it's worth the trouble in the end. When the Outer Rim Coalition was still running, putting the Crusader's Way lane on the map helped increase their trade and expansion tenfold, if not more. And Ceto? A planet lost from the galaxy in wild space just like yours? It's now the second largest exporter of Kolto products in the galaxy. That's not just money made, that's lives saved."

illyrian300.png

L'ENFER

The King's eyes did not falter as he looked over the display. Millions of Galactic Miles were between Illyria and the most core trade routes. It would be no simple task to see that area charted and made into something of worth. Although, there were some hidden gems that could be found along the route and used primarily for Illyria's betterment, at least for a time.

He turned his gaze to the helmeted woman. "Very well. I'm sure you have a document you can draw up detailing your needs and requirements?" He said, turning to the woman in his entirety. "I'd like to contract GUIDE to handle this matter on behalf of the Illyrian High Court. If you present a contract, then the funding will be made available to you." He said, before bringing a hand up to his chin a bit. "However, there is something more." The King walked back to his seat, resting into it with a considerable expression.

"As Chairmen of Dynetech Industries & Malvern Incorporated I would like to partner with you in this endeavor." A maneuver that would allow his networking through the GUIDE project as well as leave him with more view of this project from the inside. "Lets say....after the project is twenty-five percent completed, Dynetech will step in and provide a financial support of...ten percent of the total cost?" All money for GUIDE to pocket. While this would leave the financial excess the man had been building up taxed, it should be something he can draw benefit from.
wrappingpaper.png

The GUIDE Founder fell into a briefly stunned silence after the King had finished speaking. She couldn't say what she had expected, coming all the way out here into wild space, to a relatively unknown planet to meet with a King. The development of a secondary major hyperlane certainly wasn't one of them. While many would argue there was no bad time to broker a good deal, Magda would rebuke with this was probably the worst time to be taking on another project of this scope and size.

GUIDE had its hands full with the Heart Line, there was no questioning that, and sparing the people to come out to this area, so very far away from their present work, seemed like a bad call. At least, until things were more settled and streamlined with the Heart Line.

"I will gladly consider this project and your offer, but I will need time to work out the logistics. On the scale of galactic corporations and businessess, GUIDE sits in the realm of Tier 3. I don't presently have the people to spare from the Heart Line project - at least, not right now. But there are some other things we can do in the mean time that will only help your planet and trade. I have Scholars and Scribes a-plenty that I can send out to fast-track Illyria's incorporation into The Guide and the galactic listings for business and trade. Think of it as compounded marketing in all the areas that it really counts - a pre-launch advertising campaign for the upcoming hyperlane. We can get your name and industry planted into current major trade ports like Kal'Shebbol and Terminus, among others. Help you set up contacts now with the right people so you're ready to go when the way is clear."

"How does that sound, Your Highness?"

illyrian300.png

GUIDE

As the woman spoke of the preparations that could be made the King nodded silently. He had expected it would take time for GUIDE to fully take the project on, yet he was motivated by the avenues that Magdalena could take in the meantime. With the help of GUIDE he could solve the problem that Illyria so painfully had, bringing a new level of commerce to their planet and giving them the stability they needed to grow.

For a time the King's silence held dominance over the room as he considered the words spoken by his guest.

When the silence was broken, Adron's lips curled into a confident smile as he rose from his seat. "With the help of GUIDE we will be able to ensure a bright future for my planet." He held a hand out to the woman, an offer for the agreement and understanding they had come to. "Once you have completed all the necessary preparations you may send a draft of your proposal to my office. I will see that it is expedited and reviewed with haste. From there the rest can be handled appropriately."

"I can guarantee if this venture ends in success, then GUIDE will have earned an ally and financial backer in Illyria and you will have earned the gratitude of a King." He assured her. Once their hands parted, the Kings hands fell to the small of his back. "Now, if you will excuse me. I will make sure all necessary contact information is provided to you before you depart. This has been a most clarifying meeting, Ms. Lethe." He nodded his head respectfully. The doors behind the woman came open as a member of the Royal Guard stepped within. "Sir Atura. Please escort Ms. Lethe back to her ship."

The Knight bowed his head in compliance before turning to Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe expectantly.

That ... went better than expected.

The GUIDE Founder stood and took the King's hand in a firm and short handshake, feeling a weight of anxiety she hadn't yet realized was there suddenly lift from her chest. In fact, she felt rather elated. His hopeful words embodied the very reason she'd gone through so many years of pains and hard work to make GUIDE what it was today. Helping people connect, making paths were there were none before. Opening up the stars to the galactic community one system at a time.

"I am very much looking forward to helping you and your people find their galactic limelight, Your Highness. I will be in touch very soon."

Collecting her things, Magda offered the King a well-practiced curtsy before finding her way to Sir Atura and following him out.

To His Highness King Adron Malvern Adron Malvern of Illyria:

After reviewing our discussion and details therein, I am pleased to propose a bid of Platinum Investor Status for you and your company. As I am sure you are no doubt aware, the process of plotting, routing, and creating a major hyperlane is a project that will take considerable time and investment. I have reached out to our Premier Investors at Ceto Engineering and Technology Operations and they are keen on the expansion of further hyperlane prospects. They are providing the key technological elements for the Heart Line hyperlane, and have several pieces in the works that they believe would be most fitting for a lane through Wild Space.

What does this mean for you? It means a better guarantee for our plans - CETO has been an unwavering partner for us since the beginning, and I am pleased to have them sign on for this future venture. They are eager for trade and business opportunities with you moving forward and I am including in this missive the contact information for the acting Director of Operations,
Rune Shamalain Rune Shamalain who has provided a keen interest overall.

Your Platinum Investor spot will provide the following for you:

• Lifetime Membership of the Core Investor Group
  • Unlimited adverts in all articles relating to your business
  • Full company and marketplace uplink in all adverts
  • Lifetime subscription to The Guide for up to 10,000 company employees or organization members
As well, I would like Illyria to be among the group of first planets to receive our Guide Access Interstellar Associate (GAIA) Modules once we've finalized the testing processes. This uplink is intended to bolster planetary connections and aid in the process of information integration across systems. This technology is meant to help the common travelers navigate across the stars by providing them data essential to their wants and needs. This not only will improve commerce planet-side, but galaxy-wide as well by providing a publicly-accessible uplink to The Guide wherein the information you choose to broadcast for your planet can be easily found.

I will be taking a pre-emptory ride along a potential route path to Hallowend and plan to make several stops along the way to begin the contact process for future investors of Illyria's trade and commerce.

Please send me any thoughts, questions, or ideas you may have in the meantime on your investment.

Best futures,

Magdalena Lethe

GUIDE Founder & CEO

Last edited:
To Ms. Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe ,

I am motivated by the progress you have made on the initial phases for the Illyrian Hyperlane expansion project. As always the results I hope to yield are for the betterment of the Illyrian people and the Royal Illyrian System. There are some questions I have concerning the proposed Hyperlane that will enter Illyria into Hallowend's trade network.

First, the Court of Autumn requests a rough estimate on construction time. This will be an understood estimate that is expected to range from the physical start of exploration to the end of the final stages of production.

Second, there has been a notable presence of Pirates harassing our trade convoys that leave the system. We must ensure out security infrastructure holds strong. I do not wish to see this hyperlane plagued by brigands. Any and all security matters can be handled by the Royal Navy, however it will take time to prepare a proper force to patrol such a vast expanse. We will also need to coordinate these efforts with all planets between here and Hallowend.

I am grateful for GUIDE's work on this project and look forward to working with you.

I hope to speak more about the Platinum Investor's membership soon.

Respectfully,

Adron Malvern
Sovereign of the High Court

King of Illyria

To His Highness King Adron Malvern Adron Malvern of Illyria:

Your questions and concerns are valid, please let me address them to the best of my ability.

My team has had a chance to convene on the new project and their best estimates place completion of the hyperlane at 3 galactic standard years, maximum. Please do not let this initial timeframe dissuade you from moving forward, as we are exploring better efficiencies in our development practices for hyperlanes, I am confident we will be able to cut that timeframe in half within the next year, but we must also account for the variables and unknowns of Wild Space.

Rest assured, the most difficult part of the process will be plotting and clearing the route through those major uncharted areas of space. Once the route is clear, construction will move quickly.

Concerning the security measures, I am working closely with Lord Shamalain at CETO to coordinate security beacons and waypoint transmitters for the Heart Line that will connect directly with Confederacy Naval patrols and local sector authorities along the route. The very same will be implemented on your hyperlane route and place your Navy in control of security measures. If you are interested in learning more about this new technology, I would be happy to arrange a meeting between you and Lord Shamalain.

In the meantime, my Scribes are coordinating teams for Illyria and you can expect them within one galactic standard month. They are being lead by my personal assistant, Dr. Atheema Roenkari who will be your direct contact for their portion of the GUIDE integration of Illyria. I would like to request planetside clearance for the team, so that they may personally visit and document the data required for this portion of the work. We are more than happy to work within any restrictions or requirements you may have for this clearance.

I will be out of touch for a short time as I attend to further audience requests within the Confederacy, but will answer any further questions with due haste.

Looking forward to the next step,

Magdalena Lethe

GUIDE Founder & CEO

To Ms. Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe ,

The Kingdom of Illyria is thankful for the speedy and prompt work that you are putting forth. Rest assured that the High Court and the Crown are placing great faith in GUIDE to help bring about the next age on our homeworld.

We have found your answers revolving the Security matters to be satisfactory. The newly appointed Chief Consultant for the military, Luna Terrik Luna Terrik will be brought in to do a very thorough investigation of all Security Measures taken along the route before a full-scale Security Force can be dedicated.

We are prepared to receive any and all GUIDE employees necessary to this endeavor. Please direct them to the Illyrian inprocessing center on
L'enfer to gain access to the planet. The standard, expedited background check and investigation can take three to five days, so ensure this is factored into any and all plans to enter the planet.

We look forward to what the future shall bring as well.

Respectfully,

Adron Malvern
Sovereign of the High Court
King of Illyria

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom