Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Halls are Alive with the sound of Mischief

pZnNJRt.png

Equipment: Weighted Padawan Robes, Concealed Sling Bag, Concealed Device in left ear, Long Handled Double Lightsaber
Tags: Iris Arani Iris Arani

No matter where she traveled, she always found the temples of the Jedi to be something of a bland make. Gray and drab with an emphasis on function rather than form. Something that her nature despised in the highest regard.

What was the point of training young minds if they didn't have an outlet to just exist.

If it was always lesson after lesson about being an adult, one could never exist as just a kid for a while. And that could make one resentful after all. Dropping the bag to the side, she checked her holo once more to make sure the message had been sent.

"If Briana is here...that surely means Iris is here too. Or at least close." She reasoned to herself. The miserly stonework of it all seeming to blend in with itself as she stared down the hallway.

Her own anxieties and worries set aside for the time being having dealt with the majority of her medical paperwork the week prior.

"See if ol' scary eyes can interrupt us this time." Her sharp frown at the mention of a certain Jedi Master permeating her empathic nature briefly before she centered herself once more.

"Not here to be mad. Not here to be mad." A mantra she repeated with fervor as she waited for Iris to appear.

The bag of paints and rattle-cans sitting just out of sight this time.

Last edited:
Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

It didn't take long for Iris to show up. Ever since.. Everything that happened, really, Iris had been looking forward to seeing Lossa around. She practically ran into the room. Well, she did run. Barely skidding to a stop as her brightly colored eyes seemed to flash as the familiar pink skinned girl came into view. The pause only lasted for a moment before Iris leapt forward, throwing her arms around the other girls shoulder in a hug.

"Lossa! You're here!"

Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

pZnNJRt.png

Equipment: Weighted Padawan Robes, Concealed Sling Bag, Concealed Device in left ear, Long Handled Double Lightsaber

Lossa was halfway into a grouch session about having to clean the paint up when the quick steps broke through the diva haze. The blank stare only lasting as long as it took Iris to leap towards her in a hug.

The giddy laughter from Lossa filling the room as she returned the hug with fervor.

"Can't keep me away that long." She explained between her laughs.

The happiness at seeing a friend exuding from her empathic nature before she put a lid on the influence.

"How have you been? And don't worry, I am getting back to where I was. And I have the inhaler refilled." Her reassurances quickly in order as she pulled the Sling Bag from its hiding spot.

"This place is just as dull as Ossus. Are all temples like this?" A frown forming at the thought of everyone trudging through the drab hallways.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I've been good!.. Better, actually. Like, really better. Instead of the usual 'I'm okay but not really' that's been going on the past couple of months- Really, I'm good. I'm glad you're good too!" That'd be a whole thing to just drop on Lossa, all the stuff that'd happened. At least right now. Instead she just hugged her friend again before stepping back. And grinned. A wide, all too mischievous grin.

"Alright, yeah. Usually, a lot of them are like this. But I got a secret~ Did you know Keshian can see colors others can't? Ultraviolet, infared, even more. Real handy to hide things. Y'know what can show those colors?"

Iris pulled out a flashlight before clicking it on. Not a normal flashlight, though. Blacklight. And where she shined it's purple color, the hallway came to life. They were the usual glow in the dark colors, greens, yellows, all shining bright under the blacklight. Her usual swirl of brightness in an otherwise drab place. And all the while Iris had the proudest, smuggest expression.

"I've learned some stuff."

pZnNJRt.png

The short explanation and reassurances got Iris a tighter hug before they separated for the moment. It made her feel a little guilty for her own issues to keep her from helping Iris along, but it seemed like Iris had a solid net of support around her.

And that made the smile all the easier to share.

Then came the mischievous grin that Lossa shared in. The explanation causing Lossa to turn her head slightly before watching the light shine down the hallway with a growing sense of awe.

"You...have been busy." She stood in astonished awe at the sight, hands on her hips and wondering how much of the temple she had done this way with a sly grin to Iris.

"I like this. Will have to keep it in mind for the future." Her slow nod finally broken when she looked to Iris.

"Hidden in plain sight. I'll be ding dang. Huh. You have anymore of that paint?" A curious tone as she watched Iris with a proud smile.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

'It's easy to clean. Master Valery doesn't appreciate the mess, and.. I don't want to disrupt the temple. But some of the younglings like this. It's like a puzzle, finding the marks hidden from sight." Iris took out one of the spray cans she'd filled with the invisible paint, offering it over to Lossa with a grin all over again. "So long as we clean up, we can paint wherever. But uh, Master can see this like I can, so there's no real hiding it from her. Heh."

pZnNJRt.png

The mention of scary eyes made Lossa frown. Whether out of spite or merely being petty, and idea formed. One that Iris wouldn't appreciate likely but it gave Lossa a smidge of glee.

"Set aside a can of the pink blacklight paint please. I have something I want to do with it." She remarked quietly as she took the invisi-paint can.

"Coruscant doesn't really have a whole lot of forest does it? Least not in most places. It's all like...gardens and stuff yeah?" She had wondered over the cityscape on her way in almost a month ago now, but noted the distinct lack of greenery across the place she was going.

"Do you want to try to paint that waterfall on Ossus here?" A chance to make a scary memory better in her mind.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Pink?

Iris raised a brow, but shrugged it off. Lossa wouldn't have any terrible ideas, right?

Right?

With that thought pushed aside she nodded. Coruscant was the concrete jungle of all concrete jungles. What little plant life was there was all home grown. Was there any actual plant life down near the planet surface? Iris honestly doubted that, but her smile brightened almost immediately. Without delay she started to set out the colors she figured they might need. The waterfall.

One of the few things Iris could remember clearly.

"Let's get started, then."

pZnNJRt.png

The smile that crossed her face as she helped sort the colors could only be described as undiluted glee at the thought of Valery Noble Valery Noble spying pink Lossa handprints throughout the temple randomly where no-one else could see them.

The idea was firmly settled in her mind, even knowing she would be in the deepest part of the trouble pot possible for it.

"Let's." The colors sorted, she began with selecting the best spot before attempting to size out the image in her mind. Her thumb stuck out in front of her, face screwed up in thought as she mentally pictures the waterfall.

While the memory was a scary one, she had enjoyed the time after. Even with being brought to Coruscant for more readily accessible medical equipment and procedures. Something she kept silent about to those that didn't need to know about the transfer.

Beginning with a large canvas always made the process easier as she began to work on the background, making the initial pass of a sky without clouds before attempting to make wispy clouds and being made to stare for several moments. Stepping back and comparing one to another before moving on.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris took the middle, then. Starting the streaks of blue and whites for the waterfall. Smiling faintly as she let her mind drift and just.. Painted. The happy memories, the scary memories, she let them both fuel her art as her brush streaked line after line. Spot after spot. There was nothing more freeing than painting, especially like this.

pZnNJRt.png

The process was both slow, and incredibly quick. The act of painting feeling like no time at all was passing while the two simply enjoyed themselves, letting the process devour their attentions and keep the world around them at bay.

Content with the sky, Lossa examined Iris's portion of the scene before working on a corner of the foreground. Grass had never been her strong point, nudging Iris here and there about how to make the bush and other shrubbery look more realistic as she frowned about how cartoonish the greenery seemed.

"It's strange how I can see it, but not put it to...well...paper. Or wall I mean." The frown sharp as she tried a few of the suggestions Iris made.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"It took me a long time to realize something truly important. It doesn't have to be what you see."

Iris smiled softly, glancing to Lossa, to her art. She'd help where she could, but honestly she didn't mind it being cartoonish. Hell, her own wasn't exactly perfect. But she was having fun. A lot more than she expected to with the subject matter.

"So.. What have you been up to since we last met up?"

pZnNJRt.png

The Zeltron blinked at the words, surprised and watching Iris after she had spoken. Opening her mouth to contest the simple observation before finally letting the exaggerated grumpy face settle in.

She wanted to have a witty quip back for Iris but found herself drawing short, which was the largest part of her grumbling.

"You're still as wise as ever." Finally letting herself smirk at the words before letting the paint flow once more. It wasn't the visual that mattered for her so much as the fun they were having.

And she couldn't ask for much more than that.

"I went home for a little while. Just to see everyone. They were...worried. And I couldn't do anything but study after all that Ossus stuff, so no one argued since I got everything sent in on time. But, honestly. Just. Trying to enjoy life really." The paint slowly spread, the pink paint spattered hand slowing down as she looked to Iris and wondered much the same.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here to help with the, I'm okay but not really stuff." She'd thought she had a train of thought in mind for a topic, but when the words came out it felt like she'd started chewing on her own foot. Instead, her own self imposed guilt followed through with a question. "You weren't alone for all of that, were you?"

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris blinked, glancing up to Lossa for a moment. Wise?

Huh. Maybe she was.

Rather than let that get to her head though she shook her head. Frowned, just a little. "Yes and no. .. I tried to handle it all on my own and just made it worse. Really worse, actually. Master Valery is the one who ultimately helped me overcome it all." She shrugged. Was there really anything else to say on it? Not that she could think of, at least. "Enjoying life. .. I'm still not really sure what that means, now that I think about it."

pZnNJRt.png

The dealing with things alone seemed to resonate with Lossa.

"It isn't fun being alone with your own thoughts. That's why friends are important for more than just laughs. At least good ones anyway. In all forms." Lossa finally admitted, while she held her own petty grudge against Valery, she couldn't ignore that she'd helped Iris.

The topic switch had her brow rising, and her whole body turned to address Iris.

"Anything really. Painting, singing, dancing, being a kid, a teen, even an adult. Just taking a step back from everything when you can to just...breath really." The words flowed as she smiled. The paint brush still in hand she began to dance in a slow tempo.

Arm extended as she rose to her toes and twirled carefully. Eyes closed as she spun before dropping to her heels and finishing with a small dip of her hand.

"It can be a few moments, minutes, hours, or days. But if we don't stop worrying every once in a while, life will slip by and you'll only have worries to remember." She explained none to gracefully.

"That isn't to say some things aren't worth worrying about. And there is a proper time to goof off. But if you don't take those chances to goof off or enjoy life, what's the point of living other than to worry?" She finished with a shrug.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris blinked, slowly, in surprise. Who was the wise one this time, huh? After a moment the Padawan smiled. Nodded her head in agreement. A life of worry wasn't a life she wanted to live, that was true. What did it mean exactly for her? She couldn't say. But it was something worth figuring out.

"I'll think on it. We are Jedi. So.. I guess I'm just used to the idea we're there to protect other people to have that luxury."

pZnNJRt.png

Now if only she could convince herself of the advice she had just given. Iris seemed to relax at the idea, so the effort wasn't lost at least.

"Hmm. I guess I'll have to protect you from worrying too much then." Lossa teased, taking the brush and dabbing the tip of Iris's nose with it.

pZnNJRt.png

Her face settled into an expression of challenge.

"Mm I doubt that. She's a different kind of strong. Nothing against her." Lossa began, swiveling until the brush was against the wall only to pause again.

"She's strong, yes. But she always seems busy. Might just be the only time I see her but how many people can she lean on? Probably more than I know but I don't want to be her kind of strong." She followed through, letting the brush move as she spoke.

"I know I don't know her like you do. I probably won't. And there isn't anything wrong with that. But she's like...the big bad of the jedi right?" Lossa let the brush slow through a stroke as she wondered how to word the next part.

"I just want to help however much I can. I'm never going to be as strong as you all. Physically I mean." Came the pointed addition as she twirled with the brush to point at Iris.

"But if I can point people in the right direction or to the right person...I think I can be happy with that." She finalized her thoughts as the stroke finished and the tree emerged from behind it.

Wonky, but sturdy.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Mm. .. I meant- No, that makes sense. Yeah." Iris nodded a little, letting her gaze drift back to the waterfall she was drawing. Slowly but surely working on the cascade of water. Frozen in time, yet still looked like it could very well move. Always fluid, always changing.

"I believe in you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom