Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Gundark's Lair

Orn'komad

Fast Talking Face Reader
The cantina was empty, save for the Devaronian bartender who stood scrubbing the bar, trying to act as if he had something to do other than wait for his lone customer to order or leave. Orn'komad ignored him.
He took a sip of his drink and grimaced. "Corellian ale" gets worse and worse the further you get from Corellia. Still, it had taken him a long time to find an open cantina on Nar Shadda, and he wasn't about to look for a new one over something as trifling as the quality of the drinks.
He didn't know why he was still here. Keep this up, and his money would soon run out. He needed to find another job, and soon. Even a one-time gig could keep him afloat. So why wasn't he out looking for a Hutt that needed to move some spice, or a criminal that needed to skip the system? He didn't know. He took another sip, figuring that he had just poured four credits down his throat.
He sighed aloud, causing the Devaronian to look up. Even a place like the Gundark's Lair had to have regulars, and Orn'komad wanted to get out before they showed up, if he could. He finished the drink. Well, let's go see what we can find. He stood and began preparing to leave.

Jerrick was on the look out for people worth his time. He had heard the Gundark's Lair had people worth a cred or two. Jerrick entered the bar only to see what man getting up from the bar. "What the shab'la? One man?" He said out loud not caring that the patron, and the Devaronian could here him. Jerrick face palmed his forhead, which was shielded by his helmet. "Great, we'll never make it with the two of us.." Jerrick said.

Orn'komad

Fast Talking Face Reader
Orn'komad looked up at the Mandalorian who had just entered. He seemed slightly more informal than most Mandos he'd met, but there were possibilities here. "Make what?" If the could get in on whatever the man was talking about, he may be able to make enough credits to drift to the next job. Even if the Mando took his business elsewhere, he had learned from his father that information could be far more valuable than credits.

Jerrick looked at the man a second look. "I, and another merc are gathering mercs to rival the Black Suns. A business if you will." Jerrick walked over to the man. He looked like he knew his way around the galaxy and then some. A hardened man who looked also like he was hitting rock bottom. Jerrick gave the man more details about the group. "We will deal in shipment runs, assassination, private investigation. You know usual merc stuff. But more organized, but spice and slavery isn't on that list. So maybe you can say a more morally high version of Black Suns' organization." Jerrick stopped. It was a insane idea and everyone knew the Black Suns killed relentlessly. Why had he made this plan up, Jerrick will never know.

Orn'komad

Fast Talking Face Reader
Orn'komad gave the man an incredulous stare. "You want me to believe that you're trying to rival the Black Suns? On Nar Shadda?" He frowned. "If I was you, I'd quit while I was ahead - or at least while mine was still attached to my body." His shortened left lek twitched, displaying the scarred tip. "More importantly," he leaned in, "I wouldn't be blurting it out to the first person that asked."
He sat back. "Now, would you mind telling me what you're really talking about, would you?"

Jerrick took his helmet off, looked the Twi'lek in the eyes, he was tired of all of it, it was the truth, he was going to build a business to rival the Suns. "The point is to shab'la piss them off, to kirfect get them to notice, so when the oppertunity shows, we strike, make big credits," Jerrick took a step forward to the Twi'lek. "I'm not joking here."

Orn'komad

Fast Talking Face Reader
"I can tell." It was good to see the man's face, but discomforting to see how serious he was. Orn'komad signaled to the Devaronian for another drink - it was looking like he'd need one - and leaned back in his chair. "So let me get this straight. You want to start a 'morally high' crime syndicate right in the middle of Black Sun territory. Your moral high ground is based on the fact that you won't run the highest cash jobs in the industry. Your goal is to make enough noise that, when they come to shut you down, you can snag something on the way out." He shook his head. "Have fun with those credits while you're kriffing lying dead in a gutter."

Jerrick grabbed himself a drink and tossed the bartender a credit chip and sat next to the Twi'lek. "Well hit their spice runs and free their labor, at the same time their contacts will notice us, see were better ran, etc." He turned to his drinking companion. "Look its insane I know, but its worth trying for." Jerrick didn't put his helmet back on.

Orn'komad

Fast Talking Face Reader
Orn'komad accepted his drink from the bartender. He took a sip without tasting it. The man did have a point - there was a possibility that some of the Sun's people would jump at a chance to get out. Still... "If they start losing their contacts, they'll get involved quick. We... You'll have to find somewhere to hide, and you'll need to build up as much as you can as quickly as you can." He took a swig as an excuse to pause and collect his thoughts, cursing himself for the slip. He wasn't ready to get onboard this ship, not yet. "Why are you telling me this? For all you know, I'm a Black Sun and I'll send people after you the moment you leave."

Jerrick slid his helmet to his aquantince. "That's my mothers. she said a fight worth fighting, is worth dying for." Jerrick swigged more of his drink then motion down. His blaster was laying in his lap ready in hand. "I'm always prepared friend." Jerrick winked.

Orn'komad

Fast Talking Face Reader
"So I see." Orn'komad smiled bitterly and looked down at his drink, swirling it in the glass. "I don't know if your mother told you this also, but in this galaxy it is far too easy to die for a cause not worth fighting for." He looked up, face deathly serious. "Working against the Suns on their home world would be one way to do so."
Before the man could reply, he brought the topic back to a more common vein. "By the way, I don't believe we've previously met. What would your name be?"

Orn'komad

Fast Talking Face Reader
"Good to know." Orn'komad stored the information away and continued on the previous discussion as if his side question hadn't happened. "You'll want to find a base, preferably somewhere in neutral space. An asteroid somewhere, or, better yet, a dwarf planet with some forgotten capital ship wrecked on it. Build up a defense quickly, and then, and only then, open up shop. If even one Sun defects, they'll get interested fast. I don't care what you think you want, if you value your enterprise - or your life - you DON'T want to be noticed until you can stand against them." He took another swig. "Another thing your mother may not have told you is that even if a cause is worth dying for, not everyone will be willing to support it if they know it's a possibility."

Jerrick nodded at all the Twi'lek said. He was absolutelt right, fortunetly for him though, "We have a asteroid that's well defended, and away from prying eyes. Adan could give you specifics, the Devaronian that's somewhere around. He's the brains here. We don't want just any mercs, were looking for those who want to make a difference, make money the dangerous way, risk takers." Jerrick stopped to drink the last bit of his drink. He ordered another and contiued speaking. "It wouldn't take a idiot to realize you've been through hell and back, and kept your soul, what's your story? If I may ask."

Orn'komad

Fast Talking Face Reader
"Me? I'm just a smuggler who's been around the galaxy a couple times." Orn'komad was starting to get interested. This could be a way to keep himself afloat, and they seemed to be hiring long-term. "Spice runs, mostly. Worked for Voxxa the Hutt for a while, before..." he brought his scarred lek up and gestured to it. "Let's say that I got laid off during medical leave." The drink was looking decidedly empty, but instead of gesturing for another he set the glass aside. "And you? How did a Mandalorian get to starting up a syndicate with dreams of rivaling the Black Suns?"

Jerrick nodded, he knew a lot about spieces biology, Twi'lek prized their leks, and they were the only way they could reproduce. "That's bad luck man, me? I'm the only man in my clan, I wanted to live up to my mothers reputation, also I wish to expand clan Shado. Its a pretty long story." He stopped and swigged more drink.

Orn'komad

Fast Talking Face Reader
"The only man?" Orn'komad mused. "Why is that?" If he hadn't known Mandalorians, he would have assumed all the men had been killed in some war or another. But these were Mandos, and the women fought as often and as hard as the men did - not to mention the reputation that he claimed his mother had.

Jerrick stirred his drink with his finger, thinking about how to answer, falling on the truth. "She never married. Said at her time Mando men were to busy being mercs, and not Mandos. She's expecting me to carry on the Shado name now." Jerrick tilted his head back, it was hard sometimes, being Mandalorian. Nobody truly understood the weight of responibility that came with it. "I figure this band of mercs will help me make money to go back home with decent honor, and enough experience to be someone with pull on Mandalore." Jerrick laughed. It was a lot to absorb. "We could use you, shoot you hold more experience then both me and Adan combine." He pointed out.

Orn'komad

Fast Talking Face Reader
And there it is. Orn'komad sat back and put on a face to show he was considering it. It seemed like a good gig, and getting in early was always a good thing. He waited a few beats, then spoke. "What sort of payment are we talking about?"

Jerrick leaned forward clasping his hands. "It'll work like this, we get jobs rollling in, which we will I know people, we give them to those most qualified for em, you keep payment but twenty percent goes to our funding. Also any thing you loot is yours, which means anything." Jerrick opened his hands held out his hand. "Its a great way to work. We won't betray you, were all family in this."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom