Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Guiding Hand │ The Nar Shaddaa New Year [DM'ed Thread, Open To All]

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills
Victor knew this routine all too well. He'd witnessed these scenes more often than he'd liked and took due care and diligence to delete most of them from his memory banks. A night out in the town with a drunken master; a bruised eye, a broken heart, and a killer hangover were the least of the bot's worries for the most part. Just ensuring the young man made it home whole and largely untouched was his chief concern and happened to be the ultimate wingman known to man.

He backed away the second the two made contact, looming behind throes of grinding aliens as they danced. The fluidity of their movements and apparent ecstasy intrigued him more than anything; how could such a creature just drop a facade of ambition and seriousness in just a single moment? Alcohol was nothing more than liquid poison, literally, though that made the battle droid even more curious as to what exactly it felt like to indulge too much.

What was it like? To be alive?

Dropping out of his robotic existential crisis, Victor trailed his master and his scantily-clad partner as they journeyed away from the Promenade towards a seedier looking bar. Too many people carried blasters, too many stared at his robed figure, and Arken's focus was too narrow.

"It's my first time," Arken grinned dreamily, "Though I have a feeling you can convince me to come back."

If Victor could've laughed, he probably would have. This was too much for his processors to handle.

Still, the droid turned his focus outwards once more. Something didn't sit right with him; call it a synthetic hunch, call it a pang in your metallic abdomen.

[member="The Slave"]

That sentence made him pause for a moment. He didn't really know why he had stepped forward, even if had simply been on impulse, there was some reason he had decided to give the Twi'lek a helping hand along with a drink.

He couldn't decide on one reason, so he set down his glass and turned to [member="Tan'yill"], a small smile on his lips.

​''Maybe because I was bored, maybe because I didn't want to see a pretty face marred by a brute with a bad attitude, maybe because I have a death wish, maybe because I wanted to rob you after your guard was down, maybe simply because I didn't want to be alone on New Years, maybe because I just wanted to feel better about myself. Maybe all of them. take your pick.''

He finished his little speech and turned back to his drink, taking another swig from it. Noatyr ordered another drink, and leaned forward onto the bar table.

His irises darkened for a moment as his body processed the alcohol. He almost felt happy in that moment.

We’ll see.”, she offered with a subtle coyness.

I’m Adriana, by the way.”, she barely squeaked out over the music; something that by the seconds seemed to almost grow louder. Where she stood, the crowd was even more dense than the concerts outside; somehow possible in such a city as Nar Shaddaa. It was hard to imagine what the police force would be like in this situation, let alone how busy they were.

Aboard the holoscreen, subtitles in galactic common sprawled out the events of the past year; from intergalactic incidents in short, to what came of Nar Shaddaa in long. The one offering the news was still the scantily clad Twi’lek, no doubt an attempt at making ratings skyrocket during the highest traffic of the time; though there was something odd about it. A single phrase spoke through the rumbling noise, the overbearing music, and spoke sweet nothings into Lussk’s ear.

Between all the words she had said, only two stood out;

... One Minute…”, and then the background reappeared. A chill would run up Arken’s spine as the words began to cement themselves at the forefront of his mind.

Adriana, however, intervened by resting a hand on his waist;

You okay? Looked like you zoned out there for a second.”, she said with an ever so slight aura of concern.

[member="Arken Lussk"]

Wow, this guy was an interesting fellow! His examples of explanations amused her a bit and made her raise her eyebrows at him yet another time.

''That was quite a few explanations, huh? Let me see... If you search for fights to cure your boredom I'd say you need a doctor. I'd say it's sweet of you to care about my face, thank you for the compliment... If you have a death wish, also - go see a doctor. If you wanted to rob me... Well, you could try. If you didn't want to be alone on New Years eve and/or wanted to feel better about yourself, then consider yourself lucky because now you ain't!'' she said and gave the guy a smile.

''Cheers! And anyhow, thanks for the back-up!'' she continued and raised her glass for a toast before taking a heartly swig of the drink.

[member="Noatyr Moldmerr"]

​''Hehe, I like you, your an interesting one.''​ Noatyr laughs, his own glass clinking against hers before he downed the rest of his drink.

He was content in that moment, far more so then he had been in a good long while. it was nice, to be thanked for something he wasn't getting paid for. It felt right.

​''Not often I get to just have a drink with a pretty woman, AND get thanked for something. so thanks.''

Reaching into his jacket, he pulled out a transmitter, and promptly switched it off.

​''Noatyr. And you?'' ​He nodded to [member="Tan'yill"].

She couldn't help to chuckle at the comment from the young ginger.

''Hah, you wouldn't know... What if I ain't that pretty on the inside?'' she exlaimed before taking another swig of the drink, almost emptying it. Even though being a twi'lek and a woman there was few drinks she couldn't sink. However, the impact after sinking too many was another story. ''Thanks, though! It's sweet of you... I'm Tan'yill, or Tan for short.'' she continued and gave him a slight smile.

The music was still beating heavily and she realy begun to appreciate and enjoy the night, it was a nice juke this The Romping Rugger and the beats made her body dig slightly to the music. The drink helped some too, along with having a successfull finished contract earlier today.

''Heh, you may have your dark secrets, but you don't hold a vibe of evil intent or the like on you.'' Noatyr grins, ''Sweet name, sweet, or short, take your pick.'' He laughs at his bad little joke.

He could sense no ill intent in her, at least not at that moment. He was happy for that, it wouldn't have been a good end to the year to help someone who later robbed him while his back was turned.

A thought struck him, and he stared at her intently, as if trying to see through her. His eyes ran her up and down, basically checking her out, but for a different reason.

Finally, he asked: ''Are you any good with fixing a ships navigation systems?''

Before finishing the drink yet another quiet smile appeared on her lips as a response to the guys two comments, the latter having a hint of bad joke in it. She let him await her answer and beckoned at the bartender for another drink, this time a delicious strong whiskey.

''Nah... Well, not if you haven't deserved it. Like, doing me any evil...'' she said, contemplating for a short moment as the whiskey and credits changed owners. Evil. That thing came in many forms, sometimes disguised so that you couldn't see it until it was too late. Then one had to suffer for ones stupidity. No, she wouldn't allow herself to go into these thoughts again. Out of many times. Not tonight.

Suddenly she felt his gaze, from head to toe, upon her and glanced slightly over at him with a face that asked like what the heck he was doing, eyebrows raised and such.

She relaxed a bit when hearing his question, not the one she expected considering his gaze.

''I've been into that for some time, yeah... Why?'' Years, to tell the truth but she was modest in taking credit for her work.

The answer was a simple one, and although he probably could've made a few more bad jokes before he got to the point, Noatyr instead decided to get straight to the point. He pulled a handheld hologram projector, and flicked the switch, the hologram expanded outwards, showing a spinning image of a Z-10 Seeker class-scout ship, a rather odd looking vessel, but a reliable one.

​''On my way here the navigation systems stopped functioning, and I was planning on finding someone capable of fixing her up after the new year was over, so I assume you might be able to? I can still pay you.''

​He really hoped he wouldn't have to again. It wasn't that he couldn't, he just was hoping the good gesture had been enough.

Laying a few credits on the table, he spun in his chair and leaned back onto the table, staring up at the ceiling, before his gaze moved back to [member="Tan'yill"], waiting for her response.

He brought up the hologram of his ship, catching her attention in the middle of another sip of the whiskey. Glancing over at it she recognized the features of the Starfeld Industries vessel. She sat the glass down on the counter and her gaze turned up to Noatyr.

''Starfeld Industries little oldie but goldie... You've got a class 1.0 hyperdrive on that lady... I hope you've replaced the RCS-1 flight computer though. We occacionally had some Questor-classes visiting the shipyard that I worked for... back at Corellia...'' she said and pointed out that she shouldn't have any problems with fixing his Seeker.

As he laid a bunch of credits on the counter her gaze flicked to them and up at him again. She surely was tempted to accept them now. Credits talk, as they said, but this boy had gotten off pretty good with her. That was quite rare, to be her!

''You can pay me when the job is done. No worries!'' she said with a smirk and took another swig of the lovely strong alcoholic beverage. Very soon, it was a new year...

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
"Huh, that was weird," muttered a woman at the bar inside the cantina. She wore dark clothes including a black spacer's jacket, which contrasted against her pale skin. Eyes like chips of ice glanced once around the room, but things looked pretty normal. Just a bunch of other lunatics out for a night on Nar Shaddaa. That feeling though... probably nothing.

Her attention returned to shuffling a deck of sabacc cards between fingers covered with bacta patches.

[member="Arken Lussk"] | [member="The Slave"]

Arken Lussk

Head swimming with pleasant thoughts with eyes definitely not on Adriana's eyes, Arken was enjoying Nar Shaddaa more and more as the seconds passed. He could definitely get used to stuff like this, without all of the formalities and sharply dressed businessbeings filling up his inbox. A nice break, he joyously thought as Adriana's hand slid across his waist.

The second she brought her lips to his ears, whispering something about a belt, his mind went blank.

"... One minute..."
Arken shivered absentmindedly. A girl clad in the trappings of a spacer commented nonchalantly, stealing his gaze from the girl pressed against him.

"Nothing," the young man mumbled as he turned his attention back on his lady for the night.

[member="The Slave"], [member="Katya Shorn"]

Grinning, and with a nod, Noatyr shut off the hologram and stuffed the projector back into his pocket.

That had went rather smoothly, and the night was going far better then he had planned, which made him happy, so, he laughed for no apparent reason, making a few patrons turn their heads to stare at the sudden burst of laughter, before returning to their own devices.

​''Works for me.''​ He said in a lower tone.

Somehow he could tell she seemed to be judging him on his age, even if it was just a bit, but he didn't mind. He knew he was considered by many young, or, inexperienced, or many other descriptions, but that didn't change much. He was older then his years, but so were many due to the time they lived in.

''Very kind of you Tan.'' ​He took a moment to think over something else.

''Y'know, if you do a really good job I may come for your services in the future if I get ahold of you and need the Z-10 fixed up. You get money, I get my ship tuned up more often, a mutual partnership in a sense.''

​Then he smirked, deciding to make at least one joke about how he was checking her out a minute ago, even though it had been for different reasons.

​''By the way, if you were wondering, you look just as attractive as the moment you walked through the door.''​ He chuckled.

[member="Tan'yill"]

The streets of Nar Shaddaa, crowds full of people so full of life and enjoyment you’d be surprised to find that they were mostly criminals and killers making a living through ill repute. Smiles adorning their faces, alcohol filling the air, but the most important thing you could hear was the laughter around every corner. Despite all the cruelty in the galaxy, here today, things felt pleasant. With a minute left, heads turned towards the various holo screens that shattered the skyscrapers and venues all over the metropolis.

On each, a live feed of the Promenade’s central square began to play, a huge concert coming to a short break from it's all star lineup. All across the galaxy, singers and bands brought their talent for the masses, with even a notable celebrity from the First Order making a short appearance. An announcer came out to the mainstage and spotlights began to flare dramatically upwards to a massive ball in the sky; it was a moon, jokingly enough, and modeled well after Nar Shaddaa itself. Rotating on its axis, a holographic number appeared in its semi-transparent center, starting at thirty.

The voice below began to speak, drawing the attention aware for only a moment;

Thank you, to everyone who could make it out to this celebration. With the biggest turn out in over a century, I’m glad to welcome you all to the greatest Nar Shaddaa New Year of the age! Put your hands together!”, a charismatic spokeswoman blasted out.

As if by command, the crowd erupted in contagious joy. Even outside this central corral, places like The Romping Rugger and beyond would fall in line with extraordinary cheers and various noise machines. All at once the planet had erupted in celebration; a good foot to step into the near year with, celebrations at hand and a life to be had.

Let's bring in the New Year with some more noise! Ten…”, she cried out.

In unison, the crowd joined with her; every bar and concert across the planet too. Households full of children and spacers on their ships laid back with a drink all began to follow in suite, the gracious beauty that comes with happiness in unison treading deep in their hearts. It was hard to get so many hardened criminals to soften up, even for a little.

Nine…

Some began to step out on their balconies, watching the crowds below. Children tugged on mothers clothes to point out this or that; proud of their people watching discoveries. To them it would be just a memory, but one they’d likely never forget. For their parents, another year to enjoy their family.

Eight…

Fireworks began to set themselves off, premature but alluring in detail. Some made shapes of Huts or messages for loved ones; even the not-so-casual ‘Will You Marry Me?’ showed up, drawing out a few more cheers from the crowds. It’d be nice to know if she said, but their was simply too much going on to focus on the finer details, wherever they were.

Seven…

Nar Shaddaa seemed flooded in more booze and drugs than it ever had before; likely leading to the fact so many had avoided the usual yearly fights for the sake of enjoyment. It was hard for such people to trust one another, yet here they stood, shoulder to shoulder and hand to hand welcoming in a year designed for them, for their families, for their friends.

Six…

Yet, a darkness seemed to rise in the passive cheers. At six, hooded figures began to move perpendicular to the masses, some distant goal in mind for traversing them. Time seemed so slow, both from the cheering, and this foreboding itch that grew in the back of the minds of those more sensitive to such subtle features.

Five…

Engines began to whir as speeders began to whir, and lights began to light up. A certainly peculiarity began to rise as they started their journey, far too low for the usual traffic that surrounded the massive city.

Four…

Men in bars began to seclude themselves to the edges, almost all of them with the same iconic dragon tattoo somewhere on them. They watched from the edges, watched the celebrations take place, but never partook.

Three…

A single man, high above all the hustle and bustle, stood a single man with no face, no true identity. All he wore was a black hood, and a white smile; grinning wildly as he watched the crowds celebrate.

Two…

The ball high above the crowds moved lower, holographic number counting down. At two, the crowds began to slowly erupt in unified cheers of joy and exasperation; jubilance rolling through their jumping and chanting. Only the unseen glances of unknown men stirred trouble.

One…

A single radio message spread across the planet. Two tones that signified the beginning of exodus for the people of Nar Shaddaa, left to the crusaders of a nameless organization to carry out the deeds. With the finale of fireworks set off, and the crowds beginning to cheer as loudly and wildly as they ever had; this command would travel between the units spread far and wide. While one group celebrated, the other prepared to enact a plan of hatred.

In the crowd displayed on nearly every monitor on the galaxy, various explosions began to erupt. Cheering turned to screams as the men who ran through the crowd began to set off vests lined with thermal detonators; each creating a massive explosion in themselves. Bodies flew, people fell, and the endless horror that was a massacre began to make its effects known. This was the last image anyone saw before the screen went dark.

The Romping Rugger was no different, as electricity began to falter and the men on the edges of the crowd pulled various holdouts out and shot wildly into the crowd. They were indiscriminate of their killings, simply firing for effect in as much of an area as possible. Entire crowds began to run for the main doorway, but those who did were either trampled from being pushed to the ground, or simply crushed against the door that would not offer enough people the chance to walk through at once. This was eventually made impossible as too many fell in its access.

For [member="Arken Lussk"], [member="Tan'yill"], [member="Noatyr Moldmerr"], and The [member="Bareesh Kajidic"], the damage would be no different. The bar where they stood was one of the first primary targets to be taken; as it was packed with those trying to watch the new year celebration. Short range blasters made quick work of those on the outside, while inner targets had a few moments to prepare; though escape would be difficult.

Others, like [member="Katya Shorn"] were passed over with much less scrutiny. The fact simply less people stood where she had was enough to make it relatively safer in terms of such a shooting. However, small man in general, with a bandana around his neck and a wild look to his eye, seemed to target her in particular. Hellfire rained from his blaster as he let out an almost inaudible screech over the others, though it was enough to bring death to her doorstep.

[member="Adiara Drelas"] would be less fortunate. The two he had approached both pulled handguns at the same moment, though the one that told him to ‘bugger off’ was the only one that aimed towards him. The contemporary began to fire a single shot at the so named ‘Jarzak’ in the booth, killing him instantly; though he seemed to drown himself in the killing for a moment before turning to another group of booths and firing.

All at once the bar had erupted into gunfire, with nearly fourteen shooters scattered in various portions of the floorplan. It was premeditated, that much was obvious, but to what degree? Through all the blood, screams, and fear it was hard to sense what damage was going on outside; only that where they stood now had become the killing floor for a group of psychopaths with similar aesthetic. Each in the room needed to think fast before they too were gunned down; with only a half moment to spare before the other more preoccupied guns turned to their direction.

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
The floor shook beneath her feet from distant explosions. The overhead lights flickered, then failed. People screamed. Glass shattered. Pretty much mad karking pandemonium. In the middle of it all, Kate caught the distinctive whine of blasterfire.

"Stang," she muttered, sweeping the deck of cards back into one bandaged hand.

A small guy broke from the crowd, stumbling toward her with a crazy look in his eyes. She thought he was just another panicked patron, until he raised his pistol toward her like he meant business.

Bwhop.

The first shot skimmed across her right shoulder, melting through the jacket, the shirt beneath, and searing flesh. Biting out a curse, she flicked her wrist and exerted her will in the Force. A rectangle blurred through the air with ridiculous speed toward the man's neck, then the razor edged sabacc card slid straight through it, nicking the trachea but slicing the jugular and carotid wide open.

The blaster trembled in his hand and he clapped the other up to his neck to stop a fountain of gushing blood. He fired again and missed, hitting the bystander just to Kate's left.

Shorn's eyes went a little dead inside. "Sorry, Short Stack."

Katerina flicked her wrist again. This time, all seventy-five remaining cards flew from her fingers.

She sliced.

She diced.

She made julianne fries.

The young woman recalled ensanguined cards back to her hand with a gesture. Thin brows arched together as she stared at the corpse, rolling her shoulder once and wincing at the pain.

"And nobody could put Shorty back together again. . ."

[member="The Slave"] | [member="Arken Lussk"]

Arken Lussk

Rambunctiousness coalesced into existence as midnight drew ever closer. Various beings huddled together in drunken stupor to fix their glazed eyes upon viewscreens, others latched onto one another and began to partake in their own debauchery, whilst even more simply enjoyed the break of their hard lives. Men and women, humans and non-humans, adults and children alike all shared in this grandiose display of regal splendor that Arken himself was surprised to see.

Even lowlifes could put on a show, he figured.

More so if they showed up with hold-outs and suicide vests. The lights flickered and the telltale thundering in the distance indicated nothing more than baradium-packed explosives. Adrenaline spiked just a millisecond before the Romping Rugger became the second target of this great massacre. Something pushed away from him: Adriana, taking off before disappearing into the screaming crowd.

"Victor!" Arken wailed as a crimson bolt zipped past his head, crashing into several bottles of Corellian liquor.

A shadowy figure shielded him from fire, cowl flying back as the battle droid took a bolt in stride. It sparked against the phrikite armor, only spurring the droid to produce the T-21 even faster. Anything that pointed a weapon in their direction was a threat, and would be prosecuted as such.

His young charge was already ducking behind him, whipping out that old Model 32 disruptor faster than light.

[member="Katya Shorn"], [member="The Slave"], [member="Noatyr Moldmerr"], [member="Tan'yill"]

The clock had begun counting down, and you could almost taste the anticipation in the surrounding crowd, as they watched the screens, waiting for the big moment they were all there for. The party was about to reach it's climax.

However, Noatyr did feel to good about it anymore, and it wasn't just the thought of dealing with all the drunken people the next day, something felt wrong. Very wrong.

He couldn't tell what it was, but it felt like something was about to happen, something big, bigger then the rolling in of the new year.

Noatyr wasn't paranoid by any means, but whenever he felt these kinds of things, he was pretty much always spot on about them. His gaze moved from the counting on the screen to [member="Tan'yill"], not seeming to notice if she had already been speaking to him, and simply said:

''Something's wrong.''

The timer hit zero, and all hell broke lose.

Explosions echoed in the distance, and the ground shook with the force, and the sound of blaster fire sounded outside, and Noatyr was suddenly over the bar table, diving for cover behind it, his Vibrosword already in hand.

''Duck!'' ​Whatever had just happened, it was coordinated, and chances are whatever or whoever was behind it would target crowded area's first, meaning that they were in a very dangerous place right now, but risking running outside instantly wouldn't be the best idea either. Of all the times to not have his blaster nearby.

[member="Arken Lussk"] [member="The Slave"]

The man did little to struggle besides a desperate attempt to hold his throat shut. Even this failed, as he didn’t have enough hands to put himself back together following the seventy five card pickup forced upon him by an overzealous force user. As his body fell apart and his blaster fell on the ground, another of his friends; a much larger variant of thug, rushed towards her with gusto. Despite the cries and wails, the man had enough mass to shake the earth he stomped on, and a warcry loud enough to be heard past it all. It seemed he was coming for a bearhug, enhanced by crushgaunts and servomotors attached to his arms.

He’d likely not be the only one, but before her came a choice; as she witnessed from the corner a single Black Hand member moving to put a explosive on a strut towards the back that would likely cause a good portion of the bar to fall should it go off. Halfway through the process already, she’d have to act quick if she wanted to deal with him. Next to him was an additional door, likely from the floor layout, a possible exit to the massacre; another reason he was likely looking to seal it up.

With the hulk of a man closing the gap between them, fire spewing from various barrels around the room, and a bomb soon to be set to go off; it was only a matter of time before something went wrong. She was pressed for time.

[member="Katya Shorn"]

Much of the blaster fire would be focused towards the crowds around him; through almost all that hit Viktor would bounce off with little to no damage besides tearing apart the exterior cloak he wore. The phrik nature of his skeleton kept almost all of the damage superficial, though too many direct hits would likely cause some heating issues if they persisted; and persist they did.

It was short work before some in the crowds began to pull their own weapons and fire back, but with almost no way to tell a definitive target in all the chaos; most began to shoot at anyone who seemed armed. Viktor was in this group, as many smugglers thought him to be a cult member as well. A few nearby spacers fired from both directions of Viktor, though the shots were wild. Some would come dangerously close to Arken, if not hitting him direction; though that was up to Viktor and him to stop.

Nearby him, he’d witness another man jump over the counter to hide, and while a few others attempted the same, most simply died before they made it all the way across. He’d catch a glimpse outside the main door from where he kneeled; speeders mounted with heavy blaster turrets all oriented towards the main doors and some other outlying areas he couldn’t make out. Another moment, and they began to fire into the building itself; though the rounds were mostly stopped by those who had made it out of the front gate.

It seemed the main door wasn’t a viable option. There weren’t many left.

[member="Arken Lussk"]

[member="Noatyr Moldmerr"] barely made it over the counter as a few shots followed close behind him. Overall, he was in a safer position than before; but he’d quickly realize that standing up in any capacity would mean his immediate doom. Next to him lay the still smoking corpse of a temporary bartender. The smell was disturbingly strong, and seemed to fester in his very clothing.

Around him however, he saw two things; the first being a small safe that looked to have been hit by a stray round. A bit more prying, and it would likely open; though it may be dangerous to put himself in the way of possible fire; and no telling how long it might take to actually finish the job. It looked big enough to hold a blaster, though there was no way to tell from where he stood now.

The countdown on the monitors had begun as she took another sip of the whiskey before answering him.

''Partnership? That's a generous offer to someone who you just met, isin' it?'' she said with a smile, setting down the glass and looking at him.

The crowds cheering with more intense as the new year drew closer. The place was totaly packed with people, more or less drunk... mostly more. Having two to three whiskeys she felt good though, enjoying herself and still had her senses in proper order.

The sound of blasters was not noticeable due to the cheering which in a second turned to screams. Seeing Noatyr leaping over the counter she quickly took a hold of the edge on the barside and with agile heaved herself over, kicking out some drinks as well as her own in the process. Almost drawing her blaster in the leap she had it in hand when landing and crouching beside Noatyr. Her heart raced as she heard others were silenced, the stank of burnt flesh slowly mixing with the smell of alcohol, glasses and bottles splinter when it met the bolts that flew over the bar top.

It was time to act, they couldn't stay on one spot, they needed to move! Bumping Noatyrs shoulder with her gloved hand and nodded at him to follow her along the floor, in cover of the bar and closer to an emergency exit that she had noticed when entering the club and taking a stroll through it. Precausiouns that she usually took.

[member="The Slave"] [member="Noatyr Moldmerr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom