Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Grimy Underbelly of Nar Shaddaa [OPEN TO ALL]

Zev Cata

Just trying to find my way around this galaxy.
Zev Cata decided to take a walk, he wasn't looking for anything in particular, he just wanted to go on a stroll and see what kind of audience he would meet. Of course this was Nar Shaddaa, The Smuggler's Moon as it was referred to, so it was dangerous and dirty, but in a delightful adventure kind of way. Still Zev kept close watch over his belongings and had his blaster ready in case he ran into trouble. He decided that he would stop at a few bars and clubs, maybe do some spice, drink a little, and of course party. Maybe if he were lucky he would win in some gambling matches, but who knows, Zev just wanted to let the city take its course.

It still wowed him how Nar Shaddaa was like an evil twin of Coruscant, a planet wide city where it is beautiful from space but disgusting on the ground. But he was soon distracted from his thoughts as he wandered into the first night club. Music blared and the vibrant lights were flashing, gamblers were at booths while others danced and did death sticks. The bar was stocked full of beverages and a group was drinking after a successful bounty hunting mission. Zev continued to look around and he saw an empty booth. he made a move for it but a couple of Trandoshans got there first. With this defeat of trying to get a booth Zev decided to sit at the bar. Soon more and more groups of people, aliens, and a few droids here and there made their way into the club.
750aa3df4b2812938ccb1f0c46144d27.jpg

Richard Von

R

Walking through the streets he was here for some fuel meanwhile he might as well walk around he came here often he had a lot of business here both legal and illegal so he knew most the clubs in the area and decided he would go check some out he had been working hard lately and wanted some relief, entering the club he sized everyone. There were some Trandoshans sitting in a booth with some other random aliens and a couple droids, there happen to be another who looked different like he wasn't from around here in truth Richard didn't look the part either having very high-quality leather and materials for his clothes and appearance. Walking to the bar he sat down next to the man [member="Zev Cata"].

Zev Cata

"I'll have the regular, just some Kyrf." Zev had noticed the man [member="Richard Von"] sit down next to him, but he decided to let the man make the first move. Meanwhile, the aqualish bar tender grunted and began to serve the drink. Zev grabbed the kyrf and began to drink the minute the glass was set down on the counter. "Hey you gonna pay for that?" asked the bar tender, or do I need to kick you out. Zev murmured something under his breath and threw down some credits. "I'm not about to take back talk from some smuggler scum like you." the aqualish threatened as he brandished a holdout blaster. "Well you're going to have to." Zev calmly replied, just than a shot went through the bar tenders shoulder. Zev had secretly pulled out his blaster and had carefully aimed it at the hostile barkeep, he didn't want to kill him but he did want to scare him off.

However, Zev hadn't accounted for the powderkeg of drunk and high gun slingers and smugglers that were in the club that were waiting for a fight. With lightning speed an IG assassin droid flipped a table and grabbed at Zev however he accidentaly grabbed a Trandoshan. The big lizard roared and shot the droid three times, and just like that a shootout and brawl was started. Zev went one way and jumped into a booth and Richard Von rolled the other way to the flipped table for cover. With everyone shooting and beating each other Zev began to loot some credits from the knocked out or dead club goers.

Richard Von

R
Now behind cover, this was one hell of a turn of events it seemed to be calm then next minute it was chaos nothing new to a place like this these altercations are common especially on the smuggler's moon, reaching to his hip he pulled out his personal Vibro-blade lunging at a new by Zabrak that was coming at him plunging the sword through the Zabrak's chest as he fell to his knee's Richard pulled out the blade turning he made his way back to the bar where he originally sat " Of course never just one night without this BS " Richard had secretly been wanting a fight but he tried to play it off like he wasn't.

[member="Zev Cata"] |

Dano Dil

D
Dil would never have thought a place like Nar Shadaa could exist, let alone that he would end up there so soon after getting of Coruscant. He was amazed by how the whole city was like the Coruscant Underworld, even on the surface. It amazes him the most that even on the upper levels the people had so little class, and the club he wandered into didn't help with the image. The flight from Coruscant had been his first time experiencing hyperspace, and he needed a drink. The club was loud from the outside as he approached, typical enough. However once inside he was surprised to find two men beneath a table being shot by the rest of the patrons. Dil remained by the door and kept his head low to observe the fight between [member="Richard Von"], [member="Zev Cata"] and the patrons.

Richard Von

R
Finishing his drink he threw the glass away as the commotion was still going on looking over at new drinking buddy [member="Zev Cata"] " You started it, now we just gonna sit it out " Richard had a curious look on his face he wanted to continue fighting but honestly his plans would better be served by staying out of the spotlight and making new friends and deals. Turning the Vibro-blade off he clipped it back to his hip as he sat down once again this time facing away from the bar to make sure no sneaky patrons attacked him from behind " What's a guy like you doing here around these parts you don't look like the type "

[member="Dano Dil"] |

Dano Dil

D
"I should be asking the same to both of you." Dil said as he walked towards the bar.

"Both of you seem inclined to just sit and watch the bar brawl, a rather odd sight. You two friends or something?"

Dil reached behind the bar while the bartender was occupied with the fighting, and pulled out a large bottle of pink liquor. The label wasn't written in Aurabesh, so Dil knew it had to be exotic. He poured a glass for himself and made a gesture of offering to the other two gentlemen. The alcohol was smooth, and tasted like nothing he'd ever had. As sipped the drink his gaze wandered to the windows. Even through the club's frosted glass windows the neon drenched city glowed stronger than any town he knew on Coruscant. Since by the time he got to Coruscant's surface it was mostly rubble, he wondered if Nar Shadaa was the high life he was cheated out of back home.

[member="Zev Cata"] | [member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
" But hey what do I know right [member="Zev Cata"] I don't exactly look from around her either although I am here a lot for business and what not " before he could speak anymore he was interrupted by another gentleman who sat down and poured himself a drink, Richard looked over at his friend again " You want this one or me " looking back at the new guy " I like the drinks what goes on around me isn't my concern, and kinda I just met this guy as well " he reached over grabbed his drink and drank it waiting for responses.

[member="Dano Dil"] |

Zev Cata

"Oh, I'm just gonna let this brawl cool down before I take the drink from you..." replied Zev, "that stuffs pretty damn expensive, would be a shame if it were to spill and go to waste." Zev suddenly stood up and fired off a volley of shots at the retreating hostiles. "Yah, thats right don't mess with Zev Cata! As for the man next to me, I don't know him, he just came in, thought you two were together." Zev explained "Well we better get outta here before they return or worse yet, the authorities arrive."

[member="Richard Von"] [member="Dano Dil"]

Dano Dil

D
As the man next to him fired his gun into the crowd, Dil put the stopper back in the liquor and slipped the bottle into his jacket.

"That's a fantastic idea mate, why don't we get acquainted far from where people are gonna kill us?"

[member="Zev Cata"] | [member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
This was unexpected one second he said to wait for it to cool the next second he's full-on firing at them but Richard didn't mind " Yes we should head to another destination there are plenty of clubs around here actually one not too far from here " Richard at this point was getting ready to leave he was interested in his new friends they seemed to be out of the ordinary and fun all Richard had been dealing with was businessmen for his company and mining station and other politicians. So it would be fun to have a break " If you guys have any suggestions I have my Corvette parked not far from here if we need an escape ".

[member="Dano Dil"] | [member="Zev Cata"] |

Dano Dil

D
"Pretty Much whatever can get us out before the police arrive would be nice. I have a mostly clean record that i'd like to keep. My name's Dano Dil by the way." Dil turned towards the door and started walking, looking back over his shoulder to make sure his new comrades were coming.

He stepped out into the warm night. The air was fresher here than any he'd breathed before. He drew a long breath through the olfactory glands underneath his eyes, but choked on the smoke from a man nearby. Strangely enough, on an alien planet he felt at home.

His new friends looked like the type for an adventure. Or so he hoped.

[member="Richard Von"] | [member="Zev Cata"]

Zev Cata

Zev quickly followed behind, but not before he looted the credits from most of the dead patrons and some bottles from the bar. "They won't be needing these anymore." Zev claimed. Grabbing his gun, Zev ran out the door to follow his new found comrades. They had not gotten a block away before they saw the police begin to swarm the club, luckily they were to far away for the police to give much notice to them. "What now?" Zev asked, "should we leave the planet, or go to another club and bar?"

Zev was hoping they would stay on the planet, he wasn't much interested in leaving his own freighter behind on a crime ridden moon such as this. "I know this city pretty well." Zev explained, "there is a smaller club four blocks down on the left, they have pretty good beverages and some real fine women, if you catch my drift. Or we could go right and hit up some crime lords for a mission. My good friend Zeno is always looking for some one to do some dirty work for him."

[member="Dano Dil"] [member="Richard Von"]

Richard Von

R
Richard weighted his options he was not a bounty hunter or a smuggler he did not really like to work for people he had enough wealth but his friends seemed to be interested in this planet which was good for Von, " I know this place pretty well myself, we can head to the slag pit its not far from here maybe 2 blocks west " Richard went to this cantina often it was a good place to be if looking for work or crime it had plenty of drinks and women to fulfill his companions needs as well as some illegal cage fights underneath the cantina.

[member="Zev Cata"]| [member="Dano Dil"] |

Dano Dil

D
"Well, I won't say I'm surprised to find more crime lords on this planet. I just left the service of one back home, and my last paycheck has just run out. If either of you know an easy way to get some credits, I'll gladly follow you."

Dil weighed his options, but he was known to be indecisive. He would let the others decide. While betting on cage fights seemed like a safer way to make money, he'd also had no experience betting on them before. He had worked with a mob boss before and knew they could be tricky, but they'd almost certainly pay him at least double what he might make on sports bets in the slums.

[member="Richard Von"] | [member="Zev Cata"]

Zev Cata

"Hmm, yes lets go to the SlagPit, hopefully the bartender will be more forgiving than the last." Zev said. "Betting will be safer way to make a few credits here. I have a lot stored away already so ill just be betting for fun."

The trio than made their way down the crowded walkways to the next bar.

[member="Dano Dil"] [member="Richard Von"]

Dano Dil

D
The promenade down to the Slag Pit was vibrant. Neon holograms of scantily clad men and women dominated the sidewalks while massive floating billboards levitated in the air above a thousand foot drop. People of all species walked up and down the same stairs as the 3 men, some wearing the most expensive of furs, some wearing the most humble of robes. Dil liked this place more and more with every passing minute.

"Looks like I'll be betting my last couple creds." he turned to [member="Richard Von"] "Since coming down here was your idea, got any tips for betting? Like, uh, who are the big fighters?"

Dil hoped that he could make enough for a hotel, and if he hit it big maybe another ship off this planet. In his time in the Underworld Police Corps he had helped bust a few illegal fighting rings, and he never thought he'd find himself on the other side of the law in one.

Richard Von

R
The trip to their new vendor it was as always a fun time good music and the flashy nature brought a lot of partying, " Well see I have a trick for that " looking around Richard spotted someone he had once known walking towards the man he motioned for his comrades to follow him as he approached the table with a Trandoshan, a human, and Devaronian " ok wait here let me get a time for the fights " taking the last few steps he set down a few credits down on the table " It's been awhile since I've seen you " as Richard made conversation with the human they whispered information for a few seconds before Richard left the table going back to his friends " Ok we might as well sit down and have a drink while we wait it starts in 40 mins " sitting down at the nearest booth Richard gestured for a waitress attention.

[member="Zev Cata"] | [member="Dano Dil"] |

Dano Dil

D
Dil took a seat in the booth and pulled out his liquor bottle while the waitress was looking the other way. He took out his last credit chip, loaded with just over 100 creds. By the end of the night he was going to be either off this planet, or homeless on it.

He ordered a spiced Mynock wing to eat. Even if the Duros hated being compared to their Neimoidian cousins, but they certainly hit a home run inventing this stuff. He spent the next half hour devouring his food. He hadn't eaten since the night before on Coruscant.

"So, how to you propose we make our money [member="Richard Von"] ? I'm ready to play whatever odds you give me."

[member="Zev Cata"] |

Richard Von

R
He ordered a few drinks while his friend ordered some food then sat there and ate it while Richard drank some more liquor " Well how do you feel about betting on me " Richard reached out putting a blank piece of paper on the table closing his eyes Richard focused lifting the paper off the table pushing it towards [member="Dano Dil"] as it fluttered around " As you can see I have an advantage don't tell anyone though so all you gotta do is have faith and trust me " reaching into his pocket he placed 2000 credits in front of his friend " You can use this to bid with ".

[member="Zev Cata"] |

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom