Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Grey Watch Advert/Q&A

KBRlK4Yl.jpg
Throughout history, chaos has reigned throughout the galaxy. Criminal empires operate in the open, and groups arise to do what they wish to the innocents of the galaxy, regardless of laws. This is unacceptable, and a force of lawmakers rose up to combat this wave of chaos.
They are the Grey Watch.

Who are you?
We are essentially a self-regulating police force. We don't answer to a government, and our singular purpose is to eradicate the galaxy of crime and restore order to these chaotic times. So we're for lawful characters.

Who's in charge?
The Grey Watch has the following rank system:
Associate
These guys and gals aren't technically part of the Grey Watch, but help out with our cause when they can.
sci_fi_police_by_janron-d33otz2.png

Recruits
The very bottom of the ladder, these are the new guys, the ones that have little experience or are under probation for breaking Grey Watch protocols. This is where the majority of conscripts end up for their service.
i31OYPCm.jpg

Officers
The majority of the Grey Watch is made up of Officers. They carry out most Grey Watch operations, and lead recruits through their probationary period.
43n2wumm.jpg
Captains
Captains are above the rank-and-file. They lead squads of Officers in their war on crime, and are entrusted with the command of planets under Grey Watch control.
LQcadICm.jpg
Wardens
Wardens are the top of the food chain, the best the Grey Watch has to offer. They make up the leadership of the group of lawmen and women, and tackle only the toughest criminals.
655d707a93d48df5d8ce47edc8117f87.jpg

How do you combat crime?
By taking criminals off of the street. We accomplish that in two ways; by killing criminals, or offering a chance to serve their debt to society by serving with the Grey Watch.

How do you determine if someone's a criminal?
By the usual laws: murder, theft, smuggling, slavery, bribery, etc.

What are the diferent penalties for crimes?
Death, usually. Alternatively, criminals are given an option to atone for their crimes by serving in the Grey Watch; the different times required are based on a tier system.
Tier One
These are your petty criminals; pickpockets, petty thieves, and thugs. While death is still a possible penalty, Grey Watch officers are encouraged to convince these petty criminals to take the service option, which for Tier One criminals is one year of service.
Tier Two

Tier Two is a bit more serious. These are drug smugglers, murderers, gangsters, and their ilk. Death is the common penalty for them, though there is still the option of offering three years of service in the Grey Watch.
Tier Three
Tier Three criminals are dangerous people: Crime Lords. They control operations, and run their small empires. Grey Watch personnel are encouraged to kill these criminals, although they can still offer seven years of service.
Tier Four
These people are scum. They commit heinous acts such as genocide, and have risen above mere criminal status into one of pure vileness. The only option for them is death.
What type of characters should join the Grey Watch?
I'll be honest; we're combat-heavy. Soldiers, fleeters, spies, they'll all find a good place in the Grey Watch, but non-combat roles may not find it suitable to their tastes.
Can I join and still work for other factions?
Yes; provided they are not criminal organizations. I understand that at this point, the Grey Watch won't receive your full attention, and I get that. For example, if you want to do work for us but are still apart of the Republic or Sith, there's no issue at this point.
What are Force User's roles in the Grey Watch?
The same as any other. Whether you're a NFU or a FU, you will still go through the same scrutiny and process as anyone else.
Are you hostile to groups like the Red Ravens and the Hutt Cartel?
In the long-term? Yes. However, judging by our resources at the moment, I happen to not be suicidal. So right now, no, we are not hostile to the Red Ravens and the Hutt Cartel.
Will you work with other groups like the Republic and the Protectorate?
Yes. As long as they're law-abiding, we will work for the good of any group.
Got any questions I didn't answer? Feel free to ask them! Otherwise, join the Grey Watch and become the new face of the law!

Drax Thorin said:
Wardens(Faction Admin) Wardens are the top of the food chain, the best the Grey Watch has to offer. They make up the leadership of the group of lawmen and women, and tackle only the toughest criminals.
I believe reserving a spot in your IC hierarchy solely for the administration of your faction will serve to facilitate a notion of elitism, I would suggest changing that.

Not that I'm saying admins shouldn't be able to hold an IC leadership role or that IC leaders shouldn't be admins, but I'm not quite certain the two should be earned for the sake of the other.

Love it! Good luck setting it up, if you need some criminals We would be more then happy to provide the illegal scum of the galaxy. Our main operations currently would be spice, piracy slavery (although it is legal some where). We are also involved with various gambling operations (some legal some not) as well as arms dealing. Just like you we are expanding so give us a nudge if something pops up.

[member="Flannigan Mcnash"]
[member="Drax Thorin"]

Glad to hear it!
[member="Norrin Fulk"]

Given your criminal past, it's not hard to imagine us pressing you into service. I think you could fit right in.
[member="Erud'ryz'ladre"]

More participation from the Cartel than I expected, but I'm glad to see crims eager to be hunted. :)
[member="Xander Black"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom