Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Great Palace of Enfer

Crystal-projects-the-Wall-Kingsglaive-FFXV.png

Built with tall towers, a palace that has its inner walls in colors that varies from black and red metal and stones. The building is built with a pale look. Huge, with great banners of the noble houses of old that ruled the planet for many years, the palace has huge black doors that take to a gran courtyard, where practice of weapons is often seen. The great stairs in the yard lead directly to the Great Hall where lies the Sun Throne, made of crystal, both fragile and royal. The palace glows with the light of its own shield that guards the seat of power in all the capital, deep within the palace lies the Sun Throne, where the Kings of Kaikielius of old, and now the Primarchs of the Interstellar Protectorate stay.

Audiences with the other Nine Houses was always a boring thing. Although they never came out their castles in the ring cities, Iedolas had a disliking about having to discuss every single matter with them first. They respected his authority, but money was always a horrible thought among the Dukes of Houses Juoni and Tyrell, always greedy elzeris thinking about their own pockets instead of the long term profits.

He had but one more meeting that day. A man to be interviewed and see if it would be hired to train the Palazzo Guardi, or palace guards, man and women ready to protect their capital without cost. Would be a ruthless man, a man that knew how filth thought to teach them not only how to attack and defend, but how to foresee danger before its spread.

In his personal opinion, he had no problem with the current guards. But these soldiers were lazy, were comfortable thinking the palace of Enfer was invincible. And reality proved otherwise, like his allies in CSA, attacked by Sith. The plague of the galaxy.

“Send him in.”, Iedolas said in a harsh tone of voice to his personal intendant.

Tiali is wearing his custom made Urban camo suit Mk-I his helmet rested on the side of his belt. A midnight black and blood red dyed damaged and lightly torn woolen clock that rests on his shoulders over the top of his UCS covering over most of his weapons and equipment. A wrist mounted sonic pistol rests on his right under forearm, and a shield gauntlet rest on his off hand. The tikulini leather covering most of his body with durasteel helmet, shoulder pads and chest guard. His belt had an assortment of grenades and a JT-12 jetpack attached to his back. to the lower parts he wore magno-grip boots, with two LL-30 pistols either side of his thighs. A Tazi VibroSword Sits across his back in a sheath under his jet back ready but most likely unneeded for the situation.

His gloved hand dragged across the window as he stared out the palace window pondering the reasoning of being summoned here in the first place. But such job offers from such dignitaries are rather rare so Tiali knew it was almost too good to miss, his eyes wonder all around up and down the the impressive palace walls and features in all it's glory as he him self wanders around. Until his attention stolen by an outstanding statue of a elzeris woman raising his hand he reaches out to touch the statue within his idle curiosity like a child in museum wanting to touch anything of interest. His hand mere inches away when a guards voice makes him stop in his tracks. "The Primarch will see you now!"

A smile stretches onto his face as he turns to the guard "Excellent." making his way to the large door the guard opens it on his approach. He begins his calm approach down the long corridor, looking around again at the impressive architecture of the palace. His long strides allowing him to move quickly towards the duke on the final stint of the approach he stops arms wide apart as if presenting the fact that he has arrived. "Nice place you got yourself here." the tone lightly sarcastic his face holds a light smirk. "What would you like........ sir?" the hesitance on sir obvious to any listener.

[member="Primarch Iedolas"]

“It's your majesty.”, said the voice of his intendent at the his back, a fact that made Iedolas smile for a brief moment, as his violet eyes were set upon the man in front of him. Tall, strong, stern and wild, a man that remembered him of his brother, Regis, still in exile.

“Oh no, my good Byron”, Iedolas said, both hands being used in his throne so he could stand up. His intendant bowed to his grace as he did that, and Iedolas started to walk off the throne, going step by step in the stairs at the side of his high Sun Throne. “One must never correct a man not accustomed to our ways.”, now near the end of the steps, Iedolas still smiled to the man, dismissing Byron with a short swing with his left hand. “Mister Tiali Orazio, i presume.”, after he stopped walking the Primarch still smiled, as he took a measure of that man, from head to toes. “I have a excellent recommendation hololetter from Queen Popara the Hutt. Long business both of us had in our long lives in this plane of existence. Such as a rakghoul hunt.”

He was the one that made the call. Easier it was for them to use others to acquire special items the Protectorate needed for their plans, such as the Sith Army Carbonite Holocron, a few rare animals and the rakghoul. Iedolas was a cautious man, that lead a cautious people that had intentions of uniting with many other noble from star systems in forming a great alliance to keep trade and order in their corner of the galaxy.

“Enfer is but a place. Built seven hundred years ago by my great grandfather. He died in this very room, ordered by one our ancient rulers, the Mad King.”, ancient history was something that the man was not likely to be interested, and as Iedolas walked down to stay side by side with that man, he could not help himself from smiling. “I am in dire need of the services of a man such as yourself. A strong fighter, admirable commander and that understands the minds of criminals better than none.”

[member="Tiali Orazio"]

A smile slid onto Tiali's face as he turned to look at the one named Byron "Yeah Byron, I'm not accustomed." letting a light laugh slip he turns his attention back to the Primach listening closely to his words, thinking back to the Rakghoul he is somewhat surprised Popara actually remembered him let alone recommended him. "I'm glad to hear I've been recommended so highly."

Looking around to the others in the hall he almost felt like an animal at a zoo being watched by curious children, raising a brow to his small history lesson Tiali he notices the Primach not being able to stop himself from smiling. Why so cheerful he wondered for a moment but brushed it off not lingering on the question in his mind. "Thanks for the nice words, but what's this dire need of my services?"

The Primarch smiled. A short, fleeting thing passed through his lean lips for a small second, just before it vanishes. The man liked to cut things straight to the chase, something that Iedolas could not complain about it, since he was a man that had such tastes for dealing with business. But, formalities had to be done, and as a noble of such old race as the elzeri, Iedolas was used in doing them for a long time.

Now, he had need for this skill. A man he heard showed to be brave in a rakghoul hunt, and Iedolas still had so much more to accomplish and seek, that he would need man of prowess to be in charge of such jobs.

“Society is like a coin. It has two sides.”, he said, eyes set in the hall ahead, as he began to slowly walk next to that man, “And such a well vivid man as yourself, has knowledge of both sides in this coin. Which it's something that i need. A man capable to weed out the weak, and train the strong. I want you, mister Tiali, to train me a squadron. A battalion. A sword. A perilous and full time job, as i'm aware... One that shall be deeply rewarded by us, with a nobility title, riches and fame.”

[member="Tiali Orazio"]

Tiali's hand raises to his face rubbing his hand through the stubble on his face as the Primarch talked about him being a to sided coin. Tiali listened closely to the Primarchs proposal thinking carefully on his answer, until the mention of riches and fame stole his attention immediately. Thinking about the proposal he thinks to himself it would be good to have a more stable income, but training soldiers.... Tiali has ran missions and commanded groups before but training his own battalion. Hmmm it could work....

Walking beside the Primarch matching his pace as he walks down the hallway his lips open ready to answer "You know how to speak my language." Releasing a light laugh with the suck of his teeth he looks back to the Primarch a smile sliding over his face "Soooo how much are we talking about when you say riches?"

Awaiting for the answer to the last question he smiles since he has pretty much decided even before the answer, which really only left one question left for Tiali to ask the Primarch. "So when can we start?" today, tomorrow, a week or a month. Tiali was almost excited for this a perilous job where he gets to mentally torture (Not actual torture) soldiers and get paid for it, who wouldn't be excited!

What the man said, made Iedolas smile for a bit. A small, fleeting thing that rushed through the corners of his lips, only to pass by as he slowly took both hands to his back, joining his fingers, still conducting this interview with a calm and peaceful tone with his wise voice.
“Enough for you to fill it up a whole planet. And if you do this job properly and stick around, you might as well find yourself with one within your grasp.”, as Iedolas started to walk again, he stopped in front of a beastily statue, that showed a holographic image right out of his mouth. “A proper knighting will take place soon for you.”, he said for last that piece of information.

“I need those soldiers ready within six months. I will give you a thousand human men for your selection process, train them hard, dispose of the weak and in six months, they shall have their first mission…”, the holographic image showed a weird image of some creature, with no eyes, lots of tentacles and a mean look in they way it moved, like it was flying. Suuv Ban D'Krid… Is how the Vong call this ship.”, Iedolas said, proud of the information he had received about this ship. Statoined somewhere next to a almost deserted planet, supplying and living, mainly Shapers and Priests, the Warriors were quite few according to his intel. “You and your man shall take it, and bring it back to me.”

[member="Tiali Orazio"]

Eventually owning a planet now that's not an opportunity you don't hear everyday, following Iedolas to the large holographic statue his eyes scanning the the image up and down. His current thought interrupted by the word thousand. A thousand soldiers, getting paid well and the possibility of his own planet all too good to refuse really.

"A knighthood you say?" Laughing lightly he let his mind think about it for a second "Sir Tiali Orazio..... has a bit of a ring to it don't ya think?" listening quietly to the last part of information supplied to him, nodding at each notable point.

"Hmmmm I'm not gonna ask what a man such as yourself is gonna do with a Bio capital ship, but who am i to question the wants and needs of you and your protectorate." Tiali never fought against nor met any vong only heard about their exploits in history lessons at correlia as a child the trillions and trillions killed in attempt to take over the galaxy, whether or not he'll be fighting them is unknown to Tiali. "If you want Suuv ban thingy i'll get you one."

People were always driven by basics desires. The seven sins, the church would say, there was gluttony like the ones the Hutt had, there was the wrath of the rancors, the pride of the Sith, the sloth of the Jedi, the envy of lesser nobles, the lust of twi’leks and the greed of all. Like his desire to achieve greatness.

As he snapped his fingers, the holographic image disappeared, leaving only a poor marble copy of the technological perfection. He answered the man with a amused tone of voice, after all it was quite the negotiation.

“It does indeed, Sir Tiali Orazio, a name many shall learn to fear. In a fortnight from now, we shall have a ball. One for the nobility and gendry, one that shall be marked with your knighthood.”, and many other important things. Things that he was most certain would be remembered for all time, as the Solidors would carve their name in to galactic history. “We shall find you accomodations around Mensonge, a nice penthouse near the quarters where your battalion will be waiting for training. And…”, he rolled his tongue over his lips, a old gesture that he was accustomed to do when trying to show politeness in a acquard situation.

“You can most certainly ask, I’m not a man that his secrets that well.”, that Vong ship and its passengers held the knowledge of the best ways to bioengineer and clone things that would be totally loyal to their masters. Vong technology was a thing of the past in these days, but it held secrets that were more valuable then all the money in the galaxy, or at least a portion of it. “The Vong were known to have their entire technology base on live things. Things that were loyal and powerful. Their secrets shall prove useful to one of our companies, InGen. Like the rakghoul you went after. Or did you really thought that old slug Popara was going to have them sitting there in her dungeon?”

[member="Tiali Orazio"]

A smile crept onto Tiali's face upon hearing "Sir Tiali" slip from someone else's lips. Taili wasn't really one for formalities and the events that such things bring for example the incoming ball and a knighting along with it, at the same time Tiali accepting this already he might want to get used to it fast. And the Accommodation a penthouse... sounds pricey for Tiali's tastes and getting it for training a bunch of plebs, but much better then what he had now. Which was his ship and nothing else but there was no need to disclose that fact to the Primarch.

Listening closely to the man explain the situation with the Vong and their way of life his mind drifted for a moment losing his attention to his thoughts he wondered how exactly is he going to get the capital ship. But sweeping it aside he isn't one to plan ahead he'll figure it out when the time comes, for now it was time to concentrate on the present.

The Primarchs comment about Popara made Tiali laugh reasonably loud "You haven't met many hutts have you." Rubbing his hand across the stubble on his face, wondering how he could explain what he means. "You see having a pet Rancor or Rakghoul causes fear, with fear you have no need to rely completely on credits to control people. But who am I to talk of such barbaric leadership qualities to man of such high caliber."

Rearranging his cloak he slides his hand behind his chest plate pulling out a flask full of whiskey, He lifts it to his mouth taking a swig before offering it out to the Primarch whether he wants it or not. "I'll start the training regime in two weeks after this ball thingy, if you have any objection go ahead I still wont be here earlier"

He had met quite a few. Four to be precise, when he roamed around the galaxy centuries ago learning about cultures, once he almost got himself eaten by one of their pets, in the days when he was young and bold to search for adventures among the stars. Good days, almost forgotten by amidst his memories.

The days when Gramis was still alive and being prepared to rule as King by their father. Those were days of freedom, where Iedolas could do whatever he want it and go to where his heart desired. To walk in the sands of Tatooine, to see the ruins of Korriban, or the glory of Ossus, to meditate inside the Jedi Temple in Coruscant. Those were the days, lost to him by the cruel grip of treason and death that forced him to take his place in leading his House to glory, instead of oblivion by allowing other of the Great Nine to rule as King or Queen of Kaikielius for a generation or two. Something his father and him could not allow at the time.

Dismissing the offer without even moving his hands to do it so, Iedolas smiled, a gentle smile of how blunt and simple the man truly was. Those were the ones, he thought to himself, that truly found happiness or peace in their lives, Calmly he chose a tone of voice that was understanding to what the mercenary said.

“I shall ask my man servant to transfer the initial payment to your personal account and provide you with a card so you can help yourself with whatever you need.”, raising his hand, the Primarch scratched the short beard under his chin, calmly thinking about the deadline. “Two weeks… Six months of training… Very well, Sir, hopefully we shall have that done without any more delays.”, raising his arm, Iedolas showed him Byron, not far from them. “I shall ask Byron to show your accommodations in the penthouse i talked about.”

[member="Tiali Orazio"]​

Swiping his hand together as if brushing off imaginary dirt he laughs lightly before responding "All to easy boss. I'll see you soon." Spinning around on his heel he turns to face Byron. In a click of his fingers he points at Byron "Ah yay Mr Byron my new good friend." Tiali Stretched his arm out placing it around the mans shoulders, as he lead Tiali towards the exit to show Tiali his new penthouse.

Two Weeks later.​
Tiali exited the main barracks looking over the sea of a thousand men standing side by side in close to a hundred ranks wide stretching quite far out each side. Wandering down the barracks steps he inspects the first couple of men presented in the front row, pointing to the sergeant he signals for him to approach Tiali "Sergeant I want you to organised and split these men into divisions pick out representatives from each division, these men will report daily to you and the other. But for now have the men be ready for PT in 10 minutes all those that are late punish accordingly." the sergeant straightens his back nodding to the order "Yes Sir.!"

The first couple weeks was fresh meat hell week filled with day after day running, swimming, carrying heavy logs, push ups, sit ups, crawling through kilometers of mud and many obstacle courses other physical activities and challenges you name they did it. All set up to increase the the fitness of the strong and start to break in the weak. After the session of physical training hell the battalions training turned towards discipline and drill, hours of the men marching around the parade ground the drill sergeant yelling and screaming at every mistake made big or small.

In the following months came the military training hours and hours of men lined up at the firing range with A180C blaster rifles requiring a minimum standard of 200mm accuracy at 500 meters. This including still targets and moving targets after the initial weapons training they then moved to holographic training in squads to improve their tactical knowledge and skills along with with team work. Large outdoor training grounds were filled with soldiers sparing for close quarter training with practice vibro knives increasing their skill range.

With the new found knowledge so far Tiali sent them into the field a local forest world where they would learn minimum survival techniques, experience entrench life side by side their comrades. Large pack runs getting them used to long periods of time with all their equipment hardening the soldiers further. On return Tiali himself explained dirtier ways of fighting and dirty tactics to many squad leaders for the information to be shared throughout the battalion, but even with all the lessons, training and shared experiences Tiali wasn't completely impressed by what the battalion had become they needed something one last test.

Approximately a month from when they're due he readies a holo message to the primarch "Good morning Iedolas, I have over 900 men here for your inspection." after a couple of days of thinking on what he can do to test this new battalion he pauses a moment in between sentences before asking "I would like to request that my men be tested see if all this actually paid off I'd like to get you that vong ship early what do ya say boss?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom