Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The great..and insane, lovecraft, and the horror he inspired.

Cosmic horror is defined as, “a subgenre of horror fiction that emphasizes the cosmic horror of the unknown more than gore or other elements of shock.” This is among my absolute favorite likes of horror and ways of thinking of the world around us. The fear of the unknown and the madness that comes with it are things I’ve tried to work into my characters in the past.

My question, and provided discussion area, to you all, is this. Could cosmic horror be conformed to work within a star wars universe that does not typically include many horror elements? I’m genuinely curious to see what you all think, and any ideas that you may have. I would love to get this discussion to the point where we actually write a thread, but who knows if thats even possible. Anyways, discuss!

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Sure.

Remember the Netherworld Event. That got pretty cosmic horror, pretty fast. :p

Or, how about the more mystical elements of Rebels? The World Between Worlds, The Celestial Family, The Dagger of Mortis, Aboleth. All perfectly cosmic horror'ible. :p

Or, what about that giant tentacle monster from the Solo Movie? Or, the smaller tentacle truth monster from Rogue One? Or, the moderately engulfing tentacle monster that *ate* Boba Fett? Or, yes. Come on now. Twi'leks anybody? That's totally tentacles on their heads. Ack! :p

I've seen enough Star Wars to know where this is going.

I was always of the belief work that came after him, inspired by his works were better written than his stuff. Not to say he's a poor writer, considering his ideas were so influential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom