Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Gray Goddess

maniac_mansion_by_otsego_amigo.jpg
The Gray Goddess - Legend or Reality?
In recent months, a rumor had become rather popular amongst the citizens of Adarlon. It spoke of a manor, miles upon miles away from the capital city, wherein which a statue stood. It was supposedly an intricate carving, wrought from the finest materials, to resemble the form of a woman whose appearance was beyond beautiful...it was divine. She was called the Gray Goddess and was supposedly some sort of deity from an ancient, Sith cult. This rumor, however whimsical it may sound to the average passerby, quickly became the source of a large problem for the Confederacy of Independent Systems: for people were going missing on Adarlon...and many suspected the Gray Goddess was involved. Her name went from local legend to hushed curse and the people lived in fear of disappearing next.

To this end, the Confederacy dispatched a member from its own Phantom Corps in order to lay to rest the concerns of the people. He was armed with the intelligence that the government had gathered on the subject beforehand, and it amounted to a single conclusion in the warrior's mind: "impressionable kids had taken rumor and made it fact." However, in this day and age of constant strife and danger all about, the Confederacy could not be too careful; and as such the Mandalorian known as Isley Verd descended upon the world of Adarlon from within the cockpit of his BR-0117 Resol'nare. He guided the ship through the planet's atmosphere and flew it down to the coordinates he was provided beforehand: which consisted of a mansion that was in ruins and sadly overgrown.

He quickly disembarked and drew forth his disruptor pistol from its holster before cautiously, and quietly, approaching the structure. It was truly a marvellous work of architecture, but it was ravaged by what appeared to be centuries' worth of age and growth. However, Isley did not have time to truly admire the structure of stone and plants; and with caution characterizing his every step, he entered the manor. The atrium was pitch black, and the moment he entered his visor's lights kicked on and cast a pale light upon the room. There was nothing of interest, save dust, vines, and crumbling stone. Then, he stepped forward...and found his first clue. It was an uncharacteristically wet spot on the floor, when there was no water around. A look down revealed that this spot was not water at all...but blood.

"Ah kark." he muttered, before noticing that there were several spots in a sequence, all leading out into the next room. Obviously, this blood was fresh; meaning the culprit was nearby. Isley readied his disruptor and moved forward, following the blood, until he reached the next room and saw something which caused him to grit his teeth in frustration. Scattered about this room, which must have once been a Library of sorts, were countless candles. They completely illuminated the room, within which stood a number of hooded figures. They surrounded a statue, that stood upon an oddly-technological looking platform, and chanted praises to it in various languages. But the sickening sight was that which laid before the statue itself: the body of a woman, no older than nineteen, who had been stabbed to death.

Isley had uncovered a cult...and boy did that tick him off. Hell, if there were any Force sensitives in the room, they would have felt the sudden inferno of anger rise up within him. He didn't even bother to fire a single shot. Instead, he allowed his frustration to fuel the Force's surgence through his body, then thrust his offhand forward. From this motion, he projected a wall of telekinetic force which sent a good half of the cult's number flying across the room. Those who were still standing were promptly addressed by rapid shots fired off from his disruptor. Oh, the Mandalorian was not the one to expose to human sacrifice. He was fine with slaughter on the field of battle, even mercenary work...but the slaying of innocents made his skin crawl.

@[member="Phoebe Draclau"].

Once upon a time the manor on Adarlon was owned by Princess Phoebe Draclau Sith Master. It was a home away from home for her. A getaway from the hustle and bustle of her everyday life of being a Sith Master and Princess. She was always being pulled at to do this or that. Phoebe's uncle wanted to pass the crown to her as queen and bypass his own children. He believed that she would be a better ruler after all she had been Empress once.

She had gotten to the top through her cunning ways and charm. Phoebe knew what she wanted and how to get it. She was ruthless and power hungry which was what drove her actions. She swiftly took control without much debate after all the citizens much rather have her on the throne than a pirate Queen.

Her reign was short lived however it made a lasting impression on those of the Empire. She had ruled with a strong fist and had done many great things for the nation that was the Empire. Be that as it may there were many threats to her reign and eventually there was a coup and she fell from grace.

The only thing left of her now was what stood in front of Isley today. A woman frozen in carbonate betrayed by a fellow Sith Master. The funny thing was she had been helping him when he lured her into a trap and back stabbed her. He took all her research and encased her in carbonite forever more.

Originally her body had been buried in the backyard of the mansion after all he had wanted nobody to awake sleeping beauty. Nobody would ever think to look there.

Centuries later the body was discovered the legend of the Gray Goddess was born. The statue was placed in the library for all to see where people came to gaze in wonder or even worship it.

As Isley decimated her cult of followers a little crack appeared in the corner of the statue. The Force was mostly dead to her in here but she could feel a little something. There was something or someone out there. In order for her to be able to sense them they had to be strong. She wished to scream for help but nothing.

The sides of the statue continued to crack and begin to break apart. As the gray matter crumbled to the ground the woman within began to be revealed. Phoebe, with what little strength she could muster did her best to push against her prison walls causing them to tumble down and her along with them.

The young woman landed on her hands and knees in the library. Her whole body shook as tried to regain some sort of balance. Her arms soon gave way and she face planted on the floor. She couldn't see at the moment but she could hear something. Phoebe wanted to scream out but couldn't form any words at the moment. She was helpless at the moment in her weakened state to whatever he wanted to do with her. Phoebe couldn't stop shaking nor could she move even if she wanted to.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

In the wake of his rampage came the silence of death. A hush fell upon the room, so pronounced that the Mandalorian could hear the beat of his own heart and the dying gasps of the cultists. Then, in the midst of this quiet, the presence of the Force suddenly erupted into being, with the statue of the Gray Goddess at the epicenter. Isley stepped back in apprehension, bearing an expression of disbelief upon his face...before witnessing the cracks appear. Larger and larger they grew, until pieces of the "stone" which made up the statue began to fall away, exposing pale skin. After several moments of this process, a woman just as stunning as the statue fell from the platform, weakly attempting to shove herself to her feet. The presence of the Force was strong within this one, of this there was no doubt...but her physical form was weak.

Very weak.

When she collapsed to the floor, the first emotion that characterized Isley's mind was that of pity...immediately followed by avarice. He did not know this woman from creation, and yet he saw immense potential in liberating her from the jaws of death. If he walked away, in her sordid state, she would surely die. But if he assisted her, well, that'd be a debt owed by a rather powerful being. As such, the Mandalorian simply knelt before the woman and spoke softly; his voice characterized by 'concern". "Do not be afraid, I'm going to help you." he said, reaching for her. He gently turned her over and placed her head upon his lap, before reaching for the canteen upon his utility belt. From there, he uncorked his canteen and gently touched it to her lips.

"Drink. Take your time, okay?" he said softly. "What's your name?"

Phoebe continued to shiver as he grabbed a hold of her. She didn't try to struggle as she knew it was no use. She was much too weak to do anything but hope he didn't hurt her. Phoebe was scared though despite his words. She couldn't see, it was all dark for her right now. "I..I can't see," she mumbled.

"Phoebe, my name is Phoebe." She stated though she didn't sound so sure of herself as she wasn't. Everything was a blur to her as of right now and she didn't know which way to turn. "Where am I? Who are you?" She hoped he wasn't the person whom put her in here. Phoebe didn't know though, she was so confused.

Phoebe coughed as she tried to drink the water he was giving her. Flashes of images played out in her mind but none of them made any sense at all to her. She was thinking that it was of her past however Phoebe didn't know and what did any of that really mean anyway?

It had been a long time since she had felt anything Force wise but here he was. She could sense it and rather dark as well which while it didn't scare her didn't give her much hope for the future. Sith didn't help each other unless they wanted something from the other. That was how it worked and the game was played.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

The fear and apprehension was vastly evident to the Mandalorian as he tended to the woman before him. Hell, if he were in her shoes, he would be reacting in the same way. As such, he continued to move with gentleness and care; being absolutely certain not to make any sudden movements that might unnecessarily startle her. "It's alright," he began, "you were locked within...what looks to be Carbonite from where I'm sitting; and judging from the state of this mansion I'd wager for a long time too. My name is Isley Verd, I was sent here on a mission by the Confederacy of Independent Systems to investigate a cult which had shown up...and now I'm here to help you, Phoebe." His words were soft spoken and he continued to nurse water into her mouth until there was no longer anything within his canteen.

"There is what we call a Sanctuary, not too far from here. It has medical personnel, food, water, and everything in-between. I'm going to take you there so that they can better tend to you, okay? Don't panic. Don't be afraid. I'm here to help you...and everything is going to be alright." Whilst continuing to assure her, the Mandalorian then carefully and slowly reached his arms underneath her. Then, with but a simple step, he hoisted her into his arms with the utmost gentleness and care. She damn near looked like a princess the way he held her. With slow, careful steps, he began to carry her towards the exit of the manor, towards his starfighter. From there, it would only be a short voyage for help. Along the way, he muttered a command, so quietly that she would not be able to hear, to the HUD of his helmet.

At his bidding, it accessed the HoloNet and the Bothan SpyNet, searching for any recently-missing persons by the name Phoebe. The result? No match found.

Little by little her sight was returning and she could see a blur of an image in front of her. Phoebe figured this to be the one named Isley whom was helping her. Even though she was feeling a little better she stayed still as instructed. Even if she rolled over it wasn't as if she was going anywhere. He seemed to genuinely be trying to take care of her so it would be best for her to allow that to happen. It was just different for her as Phoebe was used to taking care of herself not by others. "Thank you Isley," she mummer as she did her best to drink the rest of the water. She was so thirsty and now that she thought about it hungry too.

"Confederacy of Independent Systems? I have never heard of them before or maybe I have. My mind is a little fuzzy. My last name is Draclau if I'm remembering correctly. Phoebe Draclau that sounds right." She mused as he picked her up and began carrying her. Her memory was fuzzy still but from what she could remember that sounded about right.Phoebe did her best to hold onto him as he did. She wanted to make him helping her as easy on him as she could. She would be a good patient. Phoebe was lucky that someone like had found her. It could have been a lot worse if it would have been someone else had found her.

She wondered how long she had been away and if anybody had gone looking for her. Her family must be terribly worried and looking for her. When she got out of here she was going to find her siblings and give them both a hug. Phoebe really missed them.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

The fact that she could remember her name and speak clearly were excellent signs. However, he would not take the chance and risk deluding himself into thinking that she was going to be alright after a few minutes. Instead, he continued to carry her along until they had exited the manor and the light of day began to beam down upon them. For one encased in carbonite for so long, seeing the sun might be a sight of pure joy; or at least that is what Isley thought. He did not voice this, of course, and continued to bear her in his arms until they arrived at his starfighter, at which point he said. "Well, Miss Draclau, as I said before we're headed to the Sanctuary to get you all patched up. I'll be by your side the entire time, alright? And then, once you've got the go ahead from the doctors, we'll set about finding your family...and figuring out who did this to you."

As they walked Phoebe's eyesight became clearer until they got outside to which everything become even brighter. It was blinding at first but she didn't mind that much as it was warm as well. After years of being encased in carbonite the warmth felt very nice and it was very welcomed. She imagined the light being the sun which was something she was grateful to see. Phoebe never though she would be so happy to see it again. It was something she had taken for granted until now. The sun was something that she would cherish along with everything else life had to offer.

"I'm not sure my family cares," she sighed glancing up at the sun. "I hate to ask but I'm hungry do you have anything to eat?" Now that she was beginning to settle down and her body returning to normal she was feeling rather hungry.

@[member="Darth Metus"]

Upon nearing the vessel, the rearmost door opened to receive them and the Mandalorian bore the woman inside. Once within the confines of his vessel, he sat her down in the co-pilot's chair and then returned to the "cargo hold". There he opened one of the many drawers and procured for her a box which contained a military ration and another canteen of water. He then returned to her side, opened the ration for her, and laid the box upon her lap whilst handing her the canteen. "There you are, eat up. You need your strength." he said, settling into the pilot's chair. He began to go through the start up phases of getting the vessel into the air and then looked to her. "If your family doesn't care, at least know that I do."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom