Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC The Gravewalkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEVEC+PATROL2+headedit.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: To create a paramilitary force operating with a 'no job too bloody' modus operandi for Vestille to command.
Image Credit: Scott Webber's Blogspot Page
Role: Ruthless paramilitary contractors, can't get much simpler than that.
Links: N/A.

GENERAL INFORMATION

Unit Name: The Gravewalkers.
Affiliation: Vestille Thumara first, the client second.
Classification: Infantry.
Equipment: Mark I. 'Ghoul' Tactical Infantry Combat Armor, Mark I. 'Banshee' Infantry Assault Weapon, SOVSTARF-Series Phi-Class Sovereign Multi-Purpose Transport,

COMBAT INFORMATION

Availability: Unique.
Deployment: Limited; 1 Company numbered 150 men.
Strengths & Weaknesses:
+The Few, The Proud: Coming from a society where the military was perhaps the most prestigious form of service for their nation and near constant drilling and ever up-kept expectations of Grand Commander Vestille Thumara, the men of the Gravewalkers are a near zealous lot when it comes to their loyalty and are a small but elite fighting force under the ever-watchful eye of their Commanding Officer. He need only say jump and they'll ask how high. This rigorous lecture of doctrine also provides the men of the Gravewalkers a sharp mind, able to ward off most mental attacks that the force can provide; though there are some that even their zealousness cannot ward off.

+Hybrid Tactics: The Gravewalkers are trained using a unique doctrine, created by Vestille Thumara himself. Being a former Death Trooper of the Galactic Empire and Grand Commander of the Sovereignty, it is no surprise that Vestille carries knowledge of both asymmetrical and conventional warfare. This grants the Gravewalkers the ability to be quite adaptable in terms of their approach to a particular task or contract. Quiet or as loud as possible, the Gravewalkers can handle it.

-Ferocious as a Gundark, small as an ant: Whilst the Gravewalkers are a force to be reckoned with, their numbers leave a lot to be desired. Counted at a company of 150 men, there are simply some things or odds that would be considered impossible, even by their standards. What's more, thanks to the rigorous training that the Gravewalkers receive, it's no wonder that training new recruits is as slow as a fall of treacle. Vestille's paranoia also has quite a large part to play in this regard.

-The Force is my Enemy: The Gravewalkers, whilst a competent fighting force, is not designed to fight Force Users. Whilst some might be easy to kill and tactics can be deployed to effectively deal with them, should the Gravewalkers come up against a full force of Force Users in a face-to-face combat scenario, it's likely that things aren't going to go their way. With a desire to not have any Force Users within their ranks, the Gravewalkers can only hope to rely upon ally assistance or superior firepower and technology to bring those pesky space wizards down.

Description: Dead men walking. Whilst not in a literal sense, the men and women of the Gravewalkers are, for lack of a better term, self-exiles. With the disappearance of the High Sovereign, Varik Ice and the inevitable decline of stability and belief within the nation and its cause, panic spread. From his war room, the Grand Commander, Vestille Thumara, watched without a single word. His defection from the Galactic Empire to forge a new nation had led to the same thing as before; his achievements being burnt to ashes and spread among the floor. It was perhaps no great secret that the Grand Commander had not been all quite there, as far as his mental state was concerned; night terrors, paranoia, preferring the company of his haunted and fractured mind as opposed to the company of others, Vestille Thumara was no man and hadn't been since he underwent the Death Trooper program within the Galactic Empire. In the beginning, he believed he was truly lost, unable to crawl out of the self-digging hole that his choices had led him to. However, if Vestille was nothing else, he was zealous.

He needed new cause, a new purpose. Another wash of flame for him to bathe in and rise anew once more. Dagobah and the following service within The Sovereignty had granted him freedom from protocol and indoctrination and it was time to make good use of such fortunes. If there was nothing else that Vestille had, it was the loyalty of his men. Treachery in the nation's darkest hour, a call to board the vessels and head out on their own to forge their own path. Many refused, seeing the plan as suicide; a choice that would lead to their executions to set an example for desertion in the nation's finest hour. Some, however, saw the sense in the Grand Commander's words. On that night, 150 left, the rest stayed. Not as many as he would have liked but, it was a start.

Fortunately, having drawn from his men within the 1st Legion Group, those who had served and survived for the longest time and had grown to respect Vestille with a near zealous belief, the unnamed band of renegades began to set their sights on the Galaxy. At first, they were like rats within the dark; killing and looting what they could to make ends meet, being nothing more than petty scavengers with combat experience and an iron will to the man who had brought them to this life. It was from this petty beginning that they began to form and develop into their own. Dedication to a Galactic Power, to them, seemed entirely pointless; they were in it for themselves above all, now. No matter how bloody the job would be, they would take it. They, of course, needed a name; something to identify them. They had no place to settle down, their bitterness too strong to allow themselves to become puppets again. Their job would take them to places to be littered with dead, with no sense of settling down; they would die just like those they would put to the sword. The name, it seemed, was decided.

And thus, the Gravewalkers were born. Doomed 'till their last breath to kill or be killed.

[member="Vestille Thumahra"]

Hey there!

Just want to make sure the submission is balanced and equipment plays into balance, so after reading through your submission it looks like you have two of three pieces of equipment still under review with the factory. Here are the options for waiting, I can either get this into Pre-Codex that way you can wait until those two submissions are approved and then bring it back to the Codex. Or, you can swap out the equipment for something else and we can proceed with the sub without those submissions.

I don't mind simply waiting in Pre-Codex whilst the equipment is processed and judged accordingly. The armor and weapon is kind of the core concept of the idea that I had, starting off with basic equipment and working their way up to upgrading and expanding as time goes on and the more contracts they do. I hope that's something I can do with subs, the three I put in for the Gravewalkers is actually the first time I've tried my hand at both Codex and Factory submissions and even after reading everything I still remain a tad cautious.

[member="Ria Misrani"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom