Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Grave Wind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
tumblr_ne9jyiwqdM1rnpi4to1_1280.jpg

Image Source: Modified from here
Affiliation: The Underground/Flint Michigan
Manufacturer: Sienar Fleet Systems, modified by Iron Crown Productions at the Lwhekk shipyards using Baktoid and Mandal Hypernautics components
Model: XoXaan-class Star Destroyer (heavily modified)
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel hull, glasteel viewports, Valen- and Roche-derived reactor technology, turadium-plated internal bridge
Classification: Destroyer

Length: 1000m
Width: 400m
Height: 200m

Armament:

8 Hellbore cannons (240 capital batteries)
50 low-profile dual energy torpedo launcher turrets (100 warhead launchers)
2 Vulcan flak cannons (60 defense guns)

Hangar: 12 Hammer-B Light Assault Craft, 3 small personal craft

Special Features:

MH-PU04 overdrive engines
MH-PU07 maneuvering thrusters
MH-PU12 emergency thrusters
Pellaeon II overdrive bank and ion armour
Heavy armour (stock)
Heavy redundant shield generators x2 (recessed and turadium plated)
'Sniper Scope' Dedicated Energy Receptor array (comprehensive)
Throne of Spencer Jacobs, located in meditation chamber
Point-defense pressor beams located at the hangars and around the engines
CIC-style bridge, turadium plated, located in the core of the ship
Watts-class, Roche-augmented reactors
Maneuverability: 13 (11 with Pellaeon overdrive)
Speed Rating: 13 (11 with Pellaeon overdrive)
Hyperdrive Class: 1, backup 10

Strengths:

At long range, against a single target or a small group of targets, this vessel has few equals. Its Vulcan cannon turrets are capable of obliterating attack craft at range, and its Hellbore cannons provide sustained, fully automatic capital-grade fire. The Hellbore cannons and energy torpedo projectors fire at 0.2c, and have a range equal to ten times the average distance from a terrestrial planet to its moon, giving the vessel's primary and secondary weaponry a significant muzzle velocity advantage over hypervelocity guns and turbolasers. The fully automatic Hellbore fire can be used to adjust the gravitic range for the energy torpedo projectors; when coupled with the DER array, the vessel's main armament can overcome essentially all electronic countermeasures that are designed to impede long-range weaponry. (This does not include cloaking technology.)

With sustained DER analysis and fire testing, and given ideal circumstances, the vessel is capable of inflicting disproportionate damage on static (ie, station/emplacement) shielding.

As only two weapons emplacements (the Vulcan cannons) require small mobile particle shield gaps, the deflector shields' particle component enjoys advantages against warhead barrages, shrapnel and so forth.

A very careful commander might be able to find situationally advantageous combinations of three Mandal Hypernautics drive-based components and the Pellaeon II's overdrive bank. This might entail substantial but not egregious boosts to speed and maneuverability. Please note the associated weakness.

The unique starship boasts weaponry and defenses comparable to a minor-production One Sith Dark Blade, relying in part on the addition of event technology.

Weaknesses:

High barrel consolidation means that counterfire or chance can negate a massively disproportionate amount of firepower by disabling a single emplacement.

Energy torpedo projectors have a cooldown period of 45 seconds between individual shots. This is a major disadvantage of the design.

This vessel is designed to serve as a long-distance artillery piece or sniper rifle; it suffers greatly at close range against multiple opponents. The main Hellbore weapons have a very low tracking speed, taking several minutes to traverse from a forward target to a target on port or starboard. The turreted energy torpedo projectors are also slow to traverse. Likewise, the vessel has only two point-defense emplacements, leaving the ship highly vulnerable to attack craft once they reach close range.

This vessel has no starfighters, and only a squadron of defenseless flying bricks which provide a one-time boost to firepower before fleeing or being destroyed.

The vessel's three drive-based components and Pellaeon II overdrive bank, while useful in certain situations, can absolutely cripple or even destroy the ship if used at the wrong time, in the wrong order, in the wrong situation, or under the wrong influence. In a worst-case scenario, the ship could wind up with a substantial decrease in maneuverability, a 15% power reduction, a brief loss of all offensive weaponry and targeting ability, 50% shield strength reduction, 50% speed reduction, and 50% weapons power reduction -- not to mention the very real possibility of liquefying the crew.

Description:

The Grave Wind is a tank capable of facing a One Sith-produced Dark Blade-class one on one. Highly durable, it boasts two reactors taken from decommissioned Watts-class heavy cruisers and augmented with the Roche reactor technology that made the Starfall so insane. Its weapons loadout is comparable to a Watts or a Dark Blade, both ships of comparable size. Its superstructure has been lengthened and its bridge tower has been largely removed; the shield generators are recessed and turadium-plated, and the bridge itself is located in the heart of the ship. Though solid and durable, the Grave Wind is capable of odd maneuvers in certain circumstances, if components are used properly and with foresight. One poor order on the commander's part could destroy the ship.

The Watts-class, decommissioned by Supreme Chancellor Popo due to Baktoid killswitches, saw some use against the One Sith in the early days of the war. With most Watts-class vessels decommissioned or crippled, locating one in contested, lawless space was relatively easy. The Roche technology was found by Ashin and a small group of Fringe leadership after following a cryptic trail across the galaxy. The Roche technology was used to stabilize and enhance the Watts-class generators, though the primary Roche reactor was not employed.

The vessel's crew requirement and passenger/troop capacity remain the same as the stock model (with a significant portion of internal security requirements filled by small GT-F0 anti-boarding droids. Cargo capacity, however, is much reduced, to medium freighter proportions.

Development Thread:
Interlock
Ayden's contest secures the Roche reactor technology (better believe like ten hours of work went into winning that)
A Little Less Conversation

Intent: A smallish Star Destroyer that can serve as the flagship to the Empire of the Hand, as well as a deniable Fringe vessel, and go toe to toe with a minor-production Dark Blade-class; an equivalent to the Republic's Watts-class.
Who Can Use This: Ashin Varanin, Spencer Jacobs, Alen Na'Varro

[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Ok here we go sorry. Been reading the threads and checking with people involved with the ship and other ships you've been salvaging for it and the subs for those ships.

While I like the weaknesses inherent in the description, I do still feel like I have to ask for another short dev thread for this. The Ion overdrive banks, various thrusters, and overdrive engines are all highly powerful and useful. While they are volatile, I do feel like I am not pleased the thrusters and overdrive engines make no mention of the differences of installment on larger ships. Since I feel you would need more thrusters, or enhancements to them, to maintain their effectiveness on ships they weren't designed for (It wouldn't be a one size fits all always same effectiveness per one unit). I am alright with the slight overture of weapons because of the decrease in hanger size and rarity and I believe the dev thread you do have is also sufficient for them to be powered I believe.

Lastly the two specific requests I would like to make would be that you drop speed and maneuverability to 13-14 (if 10 was max with overdrive then state it separately, but I'd also like the max to be 11) since it is a Destroyer class and by rights it should be 15-16, but I understand it is a smaller Destroyer type, but at the same time it has thick armor and delicate systems.

And then I would like it specified how many shield generators are there since you state there are several of the heavy redundant variant.

To simplify

With Dev Thread
  • Change speed to 13-14 (max 11 with overdrive)
  • State the number of shields so I can determine the exact correction for them
  • Do another thread 15 posts for the addition of extra shields, advanced weapons, and the various components
Without Dev Thread
  • Change speed to 13-14 (max 11 with overdrive)
  • Remove the Overdrive ion banks (armor is fine)
  • State the shield number so I can determine if its reasonable
I acknowledge the work put into acquiring the reactors, and understandably can see how they could power such equipment, but I'd like to see how the equipment found its way there since they are rather special when all together.

[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Actually I have to ask this now since rereading the thread, but in your thread in this post you state how you cannot use the Fringe's Roch Reactor, yet you include it in this submission and link the thread where you said you worked on it.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Camellia Swift"]

Some background knowledge you'll need; thought I was clear about it. There's one Roche reactor, capital-grade, and but this is an adaptation of the Roche technology (Ashin's people have quite a bit of experience with it from other ships) to enhance the Watts reactors.

I'll tag you once the second thread is completed.

As for the shields, you'll note that they're stock on the original approved ships - I didn't add extra shields. Now that you mention it, though, I think I will. I'll take a look at the equivalent ships and get you something more to your liking.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Camellia Swift"]

• Speed and maneuverability adjusted
  • Stated number of shields exactly equivalent to a minor-production Dark Blade
  • Another dev thread completed
  • Made some edits here and there

[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Ok, I feel satisfied that the work was put in, my only concern may be I do not have much in the way of understanding the Roche Reactor contest which counts toward it, but I will let an admin take a look and consider the matter.

Pending and passed on to secondary clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom