Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE GRAND OPENING OF THE LUCKY LADY

Arianna moved over, "I"m Arianna, I believe you received a message from me." All while thinking to herself, that is if you are the one I think you are, and if you aren't then I'm going to look all kinds the fool. Arianna did not smile, that would be too awkward.

"Are you he?" It was a business meeting afterall, and one that she didn't care to have with hundreds of ears, but one that needed to start public and go private.

@[member="Arrbi Betna"]

"This depends," Betna stated neutrally. "The message told me I had a job interview and that the interviewer would be meeting me on the second floor balcony."

It was a lie, but not an obvious one. If the woman wasn't who he was supposed to meet, then she'd roll with it. If this was his contact, then she'd know that he was supposed to speak with his contact on the first floor at one of the private tables. Betna didn't like games of diversion and intrigue, but he'd realized he had a talent for it, albeit unrefined.

@[member="Arianna Darklighter"]

He lied and she tried not to smile at it. Since what she had contacted him about was sensitive it might serve his purpose to ensure she was what and who she said she was. "I must be mistaken, I'm to meet someone on the first floor, at a private table" She nodded, "if you will excuse me"

Arianna turned to leave, if he was who she thought he'd follow, or stop her.

@[member="Arrbi Betna"]

Betna said nothing and simply followed the woman into the bar. When she took a seat, he sat across from her, but left the helmet on for now. It was a Mando thing.

"So what's the job?" he asked, the comm in his helmet turning his voice somewhat harsh and flat sounding.

She looked at him, warned ahead of time about mandalorians. What did her sister see in them, she had no idea. "body guard for noble woman" She said flatly. He wouldn't know she was the noble woman, he would only know what she had explained to him, and so far that was very little.

"Do you do that kind of work?" She looked him over she had never seen mandalorian armor before, interesting.

@[member="Arrbi Betna"]

"Bodyguard work is both the most simple and complex job out there," Betna said evenly. "I stand around and keep an eye out for potential threats. I see them, I neutralize them. Easy and simple."

Betna shrugged briefly before continuing.

"The complex part is when the shatual osik hits the rotary air impeller," he stated bluntly. "In those situations, what I say goes. Nobles are well and good, but if trouble starts, they listen to me or they fend for themselves. If they agree to stick to me and do what I say in that type of scenario, I'll do the job."

"Problem is if there is trouble we need a live one to question, no disintegrations please" She tried not to smile at the words that were to have been said so long ago. Arianna listened, "Believe me this noble woman, she knows why to get out of the way. Her parents were killed by insurgents, so she's well aware"

Arianna exhaled, "How much?" More like what's the charge there were somethings that had to be discussed credits were always on the list.

@[member="Arrbi Betna"]

"Pay depends," Betna stated. He wasn't new to this sort of work and only amateurs asked for a flat rate. "How long is the job, where is the job, and when does the job start?"

All of those questions were pretty basic and left Betna wondering why more mercenaries didn't ask them. Credits were the goal, but if you undersold your services you lost money big time. When you lose money like that, there's no way to make it back up. It was important to gauge your abilities and the payment for them appropriately. To do that, you needed information. Just like power packs and bullets, in this line of work, information was ammunition.

Darth Avara had a penchant for infiltration, subterfuge and reconnaissance. It was natural that he would attend this ball - disguised, of course. Concealed by Quey'tek Meditation and his appearanced altered to look less like a Sith Lord and more like a regular upstanding citizen. No one would recognise his face, because no one had ever seen it; the benefits of always wearing a mask came to fruition. Avara could be anybody he wished, whenever he wished, wherever he wished. Anonymity was a must for such a man, and he made it paramount that every minuscule part of his outward appearance gave away nothing, yet told everything.

He entered the Lucky Lady, inspecting the surroundings as if he were a regular tourist; a new comer to the scene. He saw several Jedi, and one figure most notable among all; the Chancellor. Avara's lips curled into a smile, appearing courteous, yet hiding deception beneath them. He walked on, making sure to keep tabs upon the Chancellor. Dressed in finely tailored clothes, he looked as nobility should, and he had a smile that could cut through anything. He enjoyed playing charming gentlemen. Pondering on his next move, he placed himself at the bar, ordering a single juma juice, non-alcoholic. Such things were forbidden to him personally, and he didn't wish for his connection to the Force to be dampened. If he slipped, his concealment would be broken, and this night would end with a rather grisly chase through the Coruscant streets.

@[member="Carn Dista"] @Rehka Kaarde @[member="Jack Harkness"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

"Job startsday after tomorrow, goes for at least three months while the woman moves between her homeworld, and Coruscant." Arianna stared at this man across from her, she hoped he was good, and she hoped he would take it, and if he didn't then maybe he'd recommend someone. anyone.

The rumors had been moving for sometime now about the politics of Alderaan and the Noble houses there. This would probably only be the beginning, and it would not end well, and friend and allies would be needed.

@[member="Arrbi Betna"]

Betna crunched the numbers in his head a moment. This was the part to haggle a price for services. It was also one of the parts he was good at.

"Twenty four thousand total for the job," he stated. It was a high price, but he expected her to try and negotiate. That said, if she took it as is, he wouldn't mind at all.

Arianna tried not to cough when he said the price, and oh he wanted to haggle. OH she'd come in really low now, he wanted twenty four, "Fifteen" She'd be lucky if he didn't get up and walk out, but she hoped he wouldn't hopefully he'd see this as the chance to haggle, a chance to for her have a little fun.

@[member="Arrbi Betna"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom