Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Grand Marshal Debates!

The time has come! The hotly debated Grand Marshal Debates are here! For any of those who want to throw their character into the ring for the coveted Grand Marshal position, just play along. The rules are simple. IC, you will respond to the below prompts, as if your characters are being asked a series of questions. Answer carefully, and correctly to how your character would answer each one.

“What is your name?”

“Tell us a bit about yourself.”

“Why do you believe you would be the best choice for Grand Marshal?”

“If you could describe your strategies for victory, what would they be?”

“What are your greatest flaws as a commander?”

“And finally, if you could pick a single battle in the past to prove you are the best candidate, what would it be, and what happened during it?”

Go wild with it! Any Confederate Defense Force Characters are open to participate. Feel free to join even if you don't think your character could win!

“My name is Anton Delane. I am a citizen of the Eternal Empire, and a proud member of the Confederacy Defense Force. I hold the rank of Fleet Marshal within the CDF. I have centuries of battle experience, leading all kind of missions, from black ops, to guerrilla warfare, open fleet combat, and ground invasions and defenses.”

“I am the best choice, because I have the experience. Centuries of life, have given me a unique outlook, and an ability to view situations with a patience and understanding. I am able to organize, and plan far in advance, giving me the capacity to lead entire fleets, and armies in a way to best utilize each assets abilities. I can plan for the vast majority of outcomes, and am able to adjust my techniques to new situations that arise, rather than getting boxed in when an opponent does something unexpected. On top of this, I am able to interact with the politicians, and other commanders in such a way to keep the gears of the military moving.”

“If you control the supply lines, and the information you win the war. You can lose a battle, but so long as you hold both of these, you will emerge victorious. This is my defining belief in war. A well supplied force, that is able to manipulate the flow of information in a battle, allow for complicated maneuvers, as well as the attacking of an enemy's psyche, and split their battle lines. To this goal, I begin the battle long before it begins, creating supply points, patrolling the upcoming hyperspace lanes, and making sure each unit has what it needs. After, I spread false information to the opponent, making them believe we will be doing what we will not do. When we finally do strike, it is fast and hard, to an already confused enemy. Capitalizing on this advantage, I use psychological warfare, attacking the enemy where they are weakest, to cause further chaos in the ranks. For this, I tend to target field hospitals, medical ships, troop and supply transports, supply depots, and the like. Anything that is weaker defended, but will be needed in a long term battle. With the chaos setting in, we push through the battle lines, and lure them back into a unique trap, in an attempt to separate the faster units from the slower ones. From there...it is simply divide, and conqueror.”

“I would state my greatest flaw, is I am cautious. If I do not believe I can control the flow of battle, I tend to play a more defensive game, and can lack the drive to force my way through them. However, I make up for this flaw, by having more aggressively minded commanders at my side, who can offer advice in such times.”

“The battle that sticks out in my mind, as a good foundation for the tactics I use, was back, well over twenty years ago. I was in charge of the defenses of a wild space colony, and we knew a pirate raid was incoming. I had turbolasers built outside the colony, and oversaw the upgrading of the shield generators. Before the battle, I had squadrons of our fastest interceptors hide in the debris field around the planet and wait. The rest of the fighters waited powered down, in hidden places outside the colony defenses. Every non-combatant was evacuated to under ground shelters. When the ships arrived, they moved closer to the planet...we waited. They launched their fighters, and kept getting closer to the planet. We kept waiting until they launched their shuttles and transports to land their ground troops to seize the colony. Only when it was done, did we have our interceptors attack. They targeted the shuttles and transports, utterly cutting through their ground forces before the fighters could react. At that exact moment, the ground turbo lasers opened up, exploding several cargo ships they had planned on hauling the potential slaves and goods from the colony off in. Completely caught off guard, they attempted to pull their ships back. The interceptors however, lured the fighters in close to their larger frigates, using close range tactics, to target the long range turbolasers, so they wouldn't be able to bombard the colony. Many of the enemy fighters were lost into the superstructures. We lost a handful of interceptors, and had them pull back, to the surface. The fighters, engaged and looking for blood, followed right into another trap. I had a ravine set up with defenses, and the enemy fighters were torn apart trying to keep up. “

“It was only after this, the fighter defenses significantly weakened, that I launched our own bombers and fighters. The fighters intercepted the small number of enemy bombers that came in close to try and turn the tide of the battle. The enemy was ripped apart by the faster ships, and the group soon engaged the capital ships above, destroying two of the enemy ships, before they began a fast retreat. It's a classic battle for me, showing how a smaller, but smarter, well supplied force can easily defeat larger ones.”

“Thank you for your time.”

[SIZE=11pt]“[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]I am Lirka Severial Ka, a child of lost Thustra. The rightful heiress to it’s throne, the slaughterer of Copero City, the Champion of Choah for 20 years, A butcher without peer among the ranks of the Confederate Defense Force. I have looked into the depths of the Galaxy, wandered it for decades, I have stared into the disgusting bowels of the underworld to some of the most lavish palaces the Galaxy can provide. But I am a soldier all the same, standing tall as the killing blade for whomever is foolish enough to threaten us.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“And why am I worthy of such an honor? Why even bother hunting for it? Because I stood tall and watched the Droids turn against us, the almighty bulwark of metal turn against it’s creators. And all I saw was blistering incompetence, incompetence that led to such death and carnage that it should never be allowed to stand. Nor ever be allowed to happen again. I bring with me a promise to my worth, that never shall such tragedy befall our people again. And if my promise cannot be held? I swear once again, that every fiber in my being shall be utterly devoted to the complete obliteration of the aggressor, no matter the cost, no matter the sacrifices I must make: for I do not fear sacrifice, I carry not these new scars nor the machinery embedded into my flesh as a curse or a punish, it is a [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]privilege! [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]The privilege that I could stand against those who wish to tear us down, and stand defiant at that! For no enemy of the Confederacy shall stand, and nor shall our enemies claim my life while my duty is still to be fulfilled!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“The true path to victory is the vicious stab, the final blow that slits of the foe of the enemy before they have time to react. Massive drop assault with heavily armed forces directly into the enemy’s heart while support by long ranged support of artillery batteries and heavy cannons. No long and drawn out sieges that shall bleed us of both resources and men, a decisiveness and ruthless to find the enemy completely overwhelmed before they can react; with no room for pity nor mercy.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“But do not take this as my cry that the civilian must burn, that those whose only sin is to live under the banner of the enemy must die like the rest. While collateral must be allowed, and may very well be regrettable. We must move in stride to be the paragons of war, and the paragons of good grace. For while the enemy cries to be spared, with no remorse given, we must slaughter the soldier: not his offspring. Calculated obliteration.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“My sin is that this fire, this battlelust to see the enemies of the Confederacy burn and be crushed under the thunderous march of a billion iron feet can consume me. That resources must be spent to reach the goal of total annihilation, and resources that very well are regrettably spent in a primal urge to destroy.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]“My greatest battle serving under the banner of the Confederacy is Seltos, when the legions of Droids first turned upon us. With textbook savagery my battleforce advanced on the enemy with little mercy, overwhelming their defenses with crippling speed and fast repulsor driven vehicles. And as we laid siege to the Manor of the disgusting Baron, the forces that had lead us to such a great victory turned their blasters, turned their cannons, and reaped their bloody bounty.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“And while we were all all but helpless to watch the slaughter begin, but with this great loss: my conviction was shown stronger than ever, my willingness to fight against all odds and reason to achieve some victory, and a moment true to my oath to never let the enemies of the Confederacy enjoy the pleasure of my fall: bloody and bruised from a duel within, and my blade destroyed into useless shards. I was forced to fight my way through the seething tide of metal to reach the escape craft, with myself a under a handful of allies to assist I took the only weapons I could find: my own two fists, and declared my intentions to not die to traitorous machines. And I lived true to those intentions, without weapon in hand and my convictions burning brighter than ever before. And I fought, I crushed droids without a weapon in sight, I suffered under the torrent of fire but refused myself the dishonor of falling to such pitiful weapons. And now here I stand, does that not prove devotion? Does that not prove my conviction? And if it does not, I damn well welcome you to show what will!”[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom