Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A7yeV7q.png
f31Lkzr.png

Note: Despite the destructive capabilities of this weapon, the damage done by this weapon is - as always - up to the opposing writer.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Class-D Annihilation Disruptor Scattergun.
  • Size: Average Rating.
  • Length: 23.03 Inches.
  • Weight: 6.2 KG (Fully-loaded with cartridges and power cells.) - Average rating.
  • Ammunition Type: Two power cells per tube, and one tibanna gas canister.
  • Ammunition Capacity: Two bolts per two power cell(s.)
  • Reload Speed: Average rating - User dependant.
  • Effective Range: Personal rating - 35 Metres (Optimal firing range.)
  • Rate of Fire: Very low rating - Single or double action with massive overheating risk.
  • Stopping Power: Extreme Rating.
  • Recoil: High Rating - Galven circuit compression and mass energy expulsion.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Class-D annihilation disruptor.
  • Double-barreled.
  • Break action, direct discharge reload.
  • Textured Wroshyr-wood grip.
  • Single and double action trigger(s.)
  • Integrated Galven circuitry
  • Integrated heat sinks
Strengths:
  • Midichlorian deletion; advanced disruptor weapon.
Weaknesses:
  • Short-ranged energy weapon.
  • Low ammo capacity; two shots before required reload.
  • Limited refractory spread; partial cone-based discharge.
  • High recoil; uncommon in energy weapons.
  • Low EMP and Ionic resistance.
  • Not Lightsabre resistant.
  • Heat sink protocol; excess heat must be safely vented before firing again, lest the barrel warp.
  • Break action reload; structural weakness that can be exploited while reloading, effectively snapping the weapon in half.

DESCRIPTION

"Once upon a time, Disruptor weapons were considered illegal by the Galaxy for their uncaring nature and technological prowess. It was, put simply, the process in which a blaster bolt was created - but taken to another level. Instead of vaporizing the matter that surrounded the impact point, leaving what’s known as carbon scoring, the disruptor blast broke the atomic bonds that bind matter together. In a way, it forcibly tore apart its target; turning whatever remained into their primordial, constituent parts. All matter, as we know it, is a form of stellar dust, after all. The Class-D variant was considered, at that time - and in this era of rediscovery - to be the epitome of Disruptor technology. It was, quite literally, a weaponized delete key from one of the many terminals populating the stars.

Whatever was struck by these beams, simply ceased to be.

What made them so abhorrent to our ancestors, and especially the Jedi Knights of that Era, was that it erased the essence of the intended target from the Force. It denied the Jedi, and Sith alike a chance to reincarnate - or join with the fabric of the universe. Therefore, those ancient Knights saw fit to civilize the known Galaxy to stop the widespread use of these deadly weapons. With their influence in the Republic senate? Well, they got what they wanted. That didn’t stop those who ignored or didn’t abide by Republic laws and sanctions to keep creating these weapons, however. These disruptors and their lesser kin thrived in the seedy underworld until the light of civilization itself was torn asunder by the plague."

~ Khonsu Amon, Supreme Sun Guardian; Excerpt from “On Technological Supremacy.”

In the aftermath of the Pantora Campaign, the Thyrsian Sun Guards found themselves relishing their bitter victory alongside the Sith Empire, over the armed forces of the Outer Rim Coalition. Several systems were despoiled along their route back to Sith-Imperial space - including the populous moon of Nar Shaddaa. In that victorious conquest and acts of rampant piracy, the Sun Guards came across a hidden facility, that was forcibly excised during the bombardment from one of their allied warbands. Knowing that the most valuable technology and information were sequestered within such vaults, the Supreme Sun guardian launched an expedition of its cavernous depths.

Through familiar spinal corridors, the Gilded Warriors scoured every darkened nook and cranny; only to be met with muted shadows and dust. It seemed like nothing would be found within this newly revealed vault; a notion that was cast aside once they reached the final chamber. After cutting through the blast-shields, and entering the metallically-rendered expanse thereafter, the Thyrsian Expedition bore witness to a single weapon; hovering above a pedestal in seemingly pristine condition. There were no records of its mysterious Origins, nor was there a model or a serial number of any kind, leading the adventurous party to believe that this scattergun was a prototypical relic of a bygone era.

What data they could recover from the corrupted databanks, however, detailed the immense capabilities of this weapon. Of how it was capable of deleting an intended target from the very skeins of the Force itself; giving them a true death without an afterlife, or a marginal chance of resurrection. Khonsu was thrilled at this. Not only because of its capabilities, but of the hellish deterrent this weapon presented. Their relationship with the Sith Empire was better-than-good, but eventually - such bonds of fellowship would fade. The Warlord knew this. Not only from studying in the depths of the Shadow Hand’s secret athenaeum but from his people’s recollection of their near-extinction in the aftermath of Palpatine’s rise to power. He needed something that would safeguard his people, should their ever-voracious predations ever turn towards the sands of Thyrsus.

Thus, this prototype scattergun was affectionately named the Godkiller and found itself in a place of honour amongst the Supreme Sun Guardian’s possessions.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Khonsu Amon"] - By way of invitation, could you please delete this item's references to Midichlorians and it's Anti-Sith-Jedi-Resurrection powers. That's not what the Factory is for. :)

[member="Jay Scott Clark"] - I appreciate your concern, but that's what the disclaimer is for. As it's unique, I'll be the only one to use it - and I know how to do so responsibly. So, no, I don't think I'll be changing the wording in any way, shape or form.

As I'm not in violation of any of the Factory's rules, I would appreciate that any further comments or concerns be forwarded to my inbox; as you are not a member of the Factory's Staff.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Khonsu Amon"] - Noted. In that case.

Notes for the Judge:

I'd like to just bring to the Judge's attention that no super weapon ever made in StarWars contained enough power to "annihilate" matter so completely as to delete it from the Force. (Ref: Alderaan created echos that Kenobi could feel after the Death Star exploded it.) So the fact that this ability would exist as a handheld Doom Shotgun of generic provication, is... kinda silly. Especially with which to threaten another writer and their PC's with too.

Also. I'd like to mention that the canon link is credited to the authorship of one Abel G. Pena. And, he's about as weak canon as StarWars canon gets. George Lucas or Disney, he ain't. So... I think I can easily challenge the relevance to canonicity of this Factory sub too.

In closing. I do believe this submission can be brought into order if all references to Midichlorians and it's special Anti-Force-Resurrection ability were removed. A shotgun disruptor with an extreme rating is just fine. Thanks. :)

[member="Jay Scott Clark"] and [member="Khonsu Amon"], while I always appreciate members commenting on submissions, at the end of the day, it's up to the submitter himself if he wants to make any changes as long the submission itself isn't breaking any Factory or Board Rules. In this case, it's not breaking any rules.

While there are certainly different levels of canon, it's not something that we typically concern ourselves with in the Factory. Everyone has their own idea of what is and isn't Star Wars, and for the most part, I would like to try and give leeway on existing canon ideas as long as it doesn't grieviously conflict with other Star Wars sources or items.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Khonsu Amon"]

I like it. Interesting usage of a disruptor tech weapon. As you've already said. Down to the person taking the damage if or by how much it affects them either way it's approved.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

You know there was a cure for mirdirclorians made ages ago by mandalorians and force users can actively block others sensitivity through some crazy force powers. I don't see why a shotgun that can do the same thing is a big issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom