Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species The Gizman

Status
Not open for further replies.
78847_640px.jpg

Name: Gizman

Designation: Sentient

Homeworld: Gizo

Language: Gizmian, Galactic Basic.

Average height of adults: Anywhere between 10cm-15cm

Skin color: Peach

Hair color: Brown, Grey, Black, White, Ginger, any combinations of them.

Breathes: Type 1

Strengths: (+) Gizmans are incredibly fast, reaching speeds of up to 15mph, and for their small size, that's quite fast. (+) Gizmans are excellent tree-climbers, and are semi-arboreal. In the winter, they live up in the Evergreen trees native to their planet, where the vegetation is thick and nutritious. (+) They have super sensitive bat like ears, capable of picking up incredibly low sounds, and incredibly high pitches.

Weaknesses: (-) Size. Gizmans are very small, and can easily be overwhelmed in busy places, like cities. (-) The Gizman are delicate little things. They can break bones, tear muscles, or ultimately be killed by rough play. (-) Fear of water. The fear of water comes from the inability to swim and the annual floods that decimate their homes on Gizo.

Distinctions: Large ears, large eyes, diversity and athleticism

Average Lifespan: 90-105 years. Very old for a small race.

Races: Just the one.

Estimated Population: Very common.. 8 billon members throughout the galaxy.

Diet: Bugs, Bark, Grass, Meat, Fish and Leaves. Omnivorous and very adaptive.

Communication: Gizmian consists of high pitch squeaks, low bellows and short, chirping noises. Much like that of a monkey. They can understand and learn Basic.

Culture: The Gizman's lives greatly consisted in gathering enough food to keep everyone in their groups happy. The Gizman have no annual holidays, like Christmas, or Easter, and the young Gizman stay in school the whole year round, and due to their intelligence, only spend 3 years of their life in education, learning all the subjects a human child would in 13 years, plus more, such as survival skills, in three. Then, there are more gatherers and hunters for their ever expanding groups.

Each Gizman has it's own jobs to do in the treetops. In one section, schools, with teachers, pupils, nurseries, retirement homes, food stores where you go and get your families weekly rations, etcetera. In a large hollow in the tree lives the 'Royal Family' or the leaders of the group, who run the whole group, keep the members in order, organize the patrols to make sure their is atleast one party of gatherers, fishers and hunters out at one time. Due to the size of their groups, food is often rationed, in accordance with the season, what's in bloom and the quantity of prey.

Technology level: Quite low, their size restricts them from the technology they could be creating. But, using technology? Their large brains allow them to use and repair with much more efficiency than most mechanics.

General behaviour Gizman are a very intelligent and organised species. They do everything in small, closely bonded groups to maximise the potential and quantity of the catch. They possess a very care-free nature, and take everything in their stride. They can also be very cunning, sly and wicked, using this trait to organise 'wars' between their tribes. They are not religious, and do not believe in God(s), instead they live in a belief that all Gizman's actions have a cause, a need, and in soom cases, a punishment.

History: They have been in existent for a very short time, in retrospect of their mental and physical evolution; just 2 million years.

Gizman started off in life as small, solitary mice like beings, with huge ears and no tails, living in burrows on the grasslands, taught with fear at the constant threat of predators. As the climate of Gizo changed from arid grassland to a planet full of trees. Tall. Wide. Short. Every kind of tree. To accumluate to this change in climate, over time, as the trees grew, so did the Gizman's knowledge. They evolved into bipedal and arboreal creatures, living in the trees, crafting homes for themselves and their families, because, of course, they lived in family groups then. After 10,000 years of living this way, the Gizo climate changed once again, changing from a year round summer, to four equally spaced seasons. Continents formed, and many creatures went extinct. Oceans. Rivers. Seas. All present. The planet was now a paradise, Jungles in the east, wetlands in the West, Forests and grassland in the Centre, a cold South and North. As the Gizman were living all over the planet, a migration of the South and North living Gizman took place. Dubbed 'The Great Walk', the whole population of the Southern and Northern Gizman moved to the Central area, East and West. Then they established Royal Families, an old Gizman tale tells the Gizman that they must be governed by high-ranking members of their tribes, so they did that. As they had finally settled in, after a few hundred years, they had evolved once more into a diverse species ranging across the planet, and across the galaxies as stowaways. At first, they were wary of the aliens coming to Gizo, unaware of the value of the Gizan Rancor hide, the top predator on Gizo. As Bounty Hunters arrived, the Gizmans headed into hiding of the new creatures, actually stealing their food stores, fascinated by the exotic foods. Unfortunately, as some bolder Gizman became Stowaways, the others were kidnapped and used as pets, due to their cuteness.

Notable Player-Characters: ~TO BE ADDED~

Intent: Just really to have a species to RP!

Okay, a few things before we get to the more in depth bits:

Please puts double spaces between... everything. Like i'm doing here.

Here.

Here.

Or, I could do it, if you give me permission.

Also, your history, general behavior and culture needs to be expanded. A more on general behavior I'd say. What you have in Culture is all history. I'd like a paragraph or two for culture- talk about their daily life, goverment, holidays, events, sports, art, all that fun stuff. :) I'd like more in history as well. Talk about past events, wars, major city formations, etc. I hate to use the cliche species judge line but...
"You're adding to the lore of the sight, remember that."

Tag me when you're ready. I look forward to reading more about these guys. Gizmo ftw.
[member="Chenlacca"]

Alright. Lets get into the thick of it now. :)

Now on earth do these things run 25 mph? o_O Theirs no way their legs would be able to carry themselves that fast. Just saying. Do they have some other form of locomotion, or...?

How did they spread all over the galaxy? What did they do when aliens first landed on their planet? Could add that to history, prehaps?

I'd like a tad more on culture, prehaps a bit about the goverment? About thsi royal family? How does it work? is it a monarchy?

I'd like more on the technology level. If they arne't good with tehcnology, how dco they act when faced with it in the greater galaxy? Could you describe more about the species' technology level?

A bit more in general behavior woudl be good, as well.

This species looks great, and I loo forward to them being protrayed. :D After this round of edits, y'should be good.

[member="Chenlacca"]

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this, my internet died earlier, then I had to do things in real life. Curse you, real life!

That's still pretty darn fast for these little guys... But since they have no other abnormal strengths, I don't see a real problem with it. Alls good.

Just these two things that you didn't fix in the last round of edits, and you're good. :D

I'd like more on the technology level. If they arne't good with tehcnology, how dco they act when faced with it in the greater galaxy? Could you describe more about the species' technology level?

A bit more in general behavior woudl be good, as well.

Fix that, and I do believe you have my approval.

[member="Chenlacca"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom