Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Gig

Talohn goes silent as she gets a phone call, allowing the conversation to go unimpeded. The cathar snickers a bit when she makes the talking mouth gesture with her hand. When she ends the call, he raises a brow. "That one of those sorta 'we should grab lunch!' and then you proceed to never grab lunch with them, situations?" He asks jokingly. Talohn is a terrible flirt, he's just really bad at it. So his way of flirting is to cause laughter for the person he is unable to flirt with in the first place. It kinda works....half the time.

When she states that the trandoshans are distracted, the cathar nods. "Most of them are distracted, I'll wager they still have some guards on the ship. Leaving that much beskar unguarded? It would be idiotic, even for trandoshans." He doesn't seem to like trandoshans." He laughs when she says Nox will likely hold it over his head for a favor. "Having the guy who 'fought' a sith owe you a favor is definitely not a bad deal." He says fought very lightly, it seems obvious that he doesn't consider that battle a victory. If she's observant, she can see the fear in his eyes at even revisiting those memories in conversation. It's evident there's more to the story. "Only reason we got out of there alive is cause Madlad did a bluff where it threatened to blow us all up with a seismic asteroid charge if the sith didn't let us go...." His eye twitches a bit. "Well, I hope it was a bluff. I'll be honest with you, I don't know if it was." This droid needs to be scrapped.

He stands up from their current seat, gesturing for her to lead the way. "Name's Talohn Atar, though you probably heave heard that as well. You're right, I have heard your name, hadn't heard anything else though, just that you tend to be the most eyecatching person in the club, and I find that rumor to be uh....pretty accurate. As a warrior though, I'm even more excited to see how you fight...or how you sneak if we can manage that. Wish I had rumors saying I was eye catching. Don't get me wrong, I'm a good specimen as far as my people go...but...." He rubs his arms while following along beside her. "Most people aren't into the fur, and those that I meet that are into the fur...are too into the fur, and that scares me." He shivers. Seems he's got some embarrassingly horrifying memories locked up in that kitty cat brain of his. "Anyways, I'm curious to meet this 'Nox'."

Mogra'teksa Mogra'teksa

user :// MOGRA'TEKSA
objective :// D0LLAR_$IGN$
tags: :// Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

[ running in the night ]
3530e006d5ab6083b24a1cf19ffa4075-divider-ornament-1-by-vexels.png

Teksa snickered as they navigated the duraplex strip and snaked through the crowds; a quickness finding her stride as a few collected groups along the edges of the street, flirting with the alleyway on their right, seemed to follow her movements with their heads rather overtly. The grip on her duffel bag's strap tightened. "I feel the same way, honestly. It would be nice to have an interaction with someone who I didn't feel was undressing me with his eyes-" was she calling him out, perhaps, "-but beggars can't be choosy always. Don't get me wrong, I love my job as a dancer, hyping crowds up and keeping the energy of the club alive is absolutely magnetic... but sometimes just running and gunning is far more satisfying at the end of the day. I've been stagnant lately so this job is quite... exciting. In prospect, at least."
In a matter of minutes, they had reached the elevator, and the twi'lek smashed the descent arrow with the side of her fist. "As for your droid, I mean, I can look at its software if you really want. I'm pretty good with the techy stuff, I'm sure if there's a glitch or any bugs I can at least identify them so you can have them patched out. I'm not good at all the coding stuff, like, at all, really." With the chime of the elevator, the lethan stepped backward, clearing the path for the groups of people who would doubtlessly emerge from behind the sliding door. And when the door opened, a mosh of twenty or so newcomers to the strip trickled out.
Once they were well out of the way, she slid inside and barred the door with her arm, holding it for Talohn. "As for Nox, well, she's got a history-" Mog chuckled, offering some light shake of her head, "She was a New Imperial pilot who was discharged after a nasty crash on Muunilinst. She hasn't really told me much about what happened, but from the sounds of it, she barely survived. Pretty crazy stuff, all that soldiering, don't you think?" Her golden eyes flicked upward, moving from the button panel to catch his gaze, "So you're a Mando, yeah? Is that it? What else do you do?"
There was a certain gleam in her shimmering eyes which revealed the genuine interest the woman seemed to possess for whatever answer it was he could offer her. Her questioning was sincere... or so it appeared.

Talohn weaves through the crowds behind her, listening to her words. He sees the multiple people staring at her, and frowns aslightly. Talohn thought she was pretty, no doubt. Hell, he didn't mind taking in the view when they were at the club. With that outfit she had, it wasn't like he could avoid doing so. But for people to stare so shamelessly like that, it kinda weirded him out. Then his stomach sank. Is that how she perceives him? He'd been being as respectful as possible. Sure he flirted, but he wasn't staring like a slack jawed idiot. "Uh....Sorry, that's not- I hope I haven't-...Ugh, I'll just shut up." Can't apologize for being a weirdo, Talohn. Of course, he could be reading into it too much. Once again, red twi'lek are his weakness. He becomes a bundle of nervousness with one in the vicinity. "Running and gunning is always nice. Puts food on the table. Madlad and I specialize in hunting slavers."

While they wait for the elevator, she mentions she knows about tech stuff. He grins, as tech stuff is indeed one of his passions. "I know my way around tech on my part as well. Made Madlad when I was 19, and have been constantly upgrading it ever since. But that's where the problem comes in. You see, I'm also bad at the coding. Like...really terribly bad. I don't know what I did wrong, but I fucked it up so bad that the droid circled right back around to becoming sentient. He's just as alive in his processors as you or I. Thing is, I honestly don't want to fix it. That droid is like a brother to me and well....It feels wrong to take that sentience away. I've never given it a memory wipe either." He chuckles. "Don't get me wrong, it's an nerf herder, but it's an nerf herder of my creation."

Then they step into the elevator after it finally arrives. Talohn leans on one of the railings as Mog speaks about this 'Nox' lass. "New imperial huh? If she hasn't told you much, she was probably special forces of some sort. Either way, I know a bit about the soldiering. I was part of the catharese warrior caste before I left home. It just...wasn't doin it for me. I still call mom and dad to say hi though." He smiles warmly at the thought of his parents. Then she asks him that question, and he shakes his head. "If I'm being honest, the mando thing is quite recent. Joined up just a little while back for...well. Some sort of stability for Monari and Madlad, should I end up dead. Plus it gives steady work, and it's a good way to make connections. I've been a mercenary for a long time though, but it's mostly to fund my passions. I spend my spare time working on tech, machinery. Whatever I can get my hands on. Restoring clone wars era blasters, repairing ship parts, making and customizing blasters, making my own tools." He seems so excited when talking about it. Such a brilliant shine in those catlike eyes of his. "I also love working on ships. I trick mine out with different stuff all the time. Oh! I also love metal smithing. It's part of why I'm so excited to get this beskar. But yea. I make my own tools! Like uh..." He momentarily digs around in his bag before pulling out and object covered in pressure plates all across it's cubelike surface, with some sort of blue glowing power source within. "I made this. It's a shield grenade. You throw it, the pressure places get activated when it hits the ground, and it instantly generates a shield bubble. I based it off the gungan tech." He looks so proud, and happy. Like a child showing off their favorite toy.

Mogra'teksa Mogra'teksa

Last edited:

star-wars-background-png-2-png-image-star-wars-background-png-940_529.jpg
objective :// REACH_THE_DOCKS

[ the_hunt ]

The twi'lek nodded as he spoke, listening along with his tale about his droid. "Well, y'know, if that's the case, then that's the case." She turned herself around, folding arms casually as her gaze was cast out into the darkness of space beyond the duraglass window enclosing them. A moment was taken to gaze at their reflections and the reflection of their gold-trimmed surroundings. "If he's your friend, then he's your pal and that's great!" Mogra'teksa chuckled, nodding her head. A moment's pause came and she tilted her head, listening to the hum of the elevator music and the gentle, squeaked groan of the brakes slowing their descent. Just as before, of course, when he spoke she hummed affirmation or simply nodded her head to show him that even if she was staring quite literally out into space, she was still listening to him. His excitement to show her his creation drew her golden eyes from the stars, however.
Mogs turned her focus back to him as he showed off his grenade and she inspected it closely, raising tattooed brows in curiosity. "Oooh... yeah, that's pretty nifty Tal, gotta say." She looked beyond the grenade to him, beaming. "That's good that you have a place for Madlad and Monari to go if you... you know..." She made a squelching noise with her cheek as she drew a thumb across her neck in emphasis. "But hopefully, that doesn't happen anytime soon. Ya seem like a sweet guy." The elevator doors finally chimed and parted, rolling out of their way to reveal a whole new level of the Star Destroyer, though this one was far more crowded and as a result, far louder.
The strip was so tightly packed the entire thing practically looked like the dance floor of a club with how many people were present and dancing and holding drinks up. The entire path was a river of swaying and bouncing bodies of all shapes and sizes clad in every color one could dream of. Sequins shimmered. Neon accessories glowed. Shouts and cheers echoed along with the overwhelming volume of the pounding beats that shook the durasteel ground beneath their feet. This was the more easily accessible level, clearly. Mogra'teksa had to shout just to be heard over the crashing chorus of different songs spilling from different club fronts: "Stay close! The docks are at the other end of the strip and down the ramp!"
And with that much offered, the lethan reached back to take a firm grip on his hand, curling her ringed digits around his knuckles to ensure she didn't lose him, and off she went- towing him along behind her as she pushed and wriggled her way through the grinding masses of people.

He grins widely when she calls the gadget nifty. Sure she doesn't seem super impressed, but he's glad they've found a mutual interest. "I have a few, you can have one if you want. I'm sure it'll save a few lives should anything ever go sideways at that club of yours." The more this man talks, the less he seems suited for mercenary life. He seems to wholesome, childish. Then again, perhaps it's a good attitude to have in the face of overwhelming negativity. Though perhaps it's because the tales are true, and this man is absolutely out of his mind. He chuckles a little when she makes the squelching noise as an impression of his death. Dark humor is always fun. "Only way I'm dying is of old age." He winks. "You quite like the stars, don't you? I can understand it. I stare at the stars all the time though, it's...average for me. One thing you have to see though..." He looks out at the stars. "They're sorta hard to find, but they're prettier than any sky. You ever seen a nebula, Mogra? Those are my favorite. I remember, when I was a kid, it was acidic, so it was hell for the shields of the ship I was on. But...we drove through a nebula. So many colors of greens, pinks, some blues. Getting to see something of that magnitude, I wish there were more of them around." There's a bright spark of life in his eyes as he speaks.

When the elevator door opens, his eyes narrow at the amount of people. "Ah, fuck's sake, my ears are already ringing, I'm gonna get pick pocketed, I can feel it. So much perfume too, so many different....." He sniffs, then points at a dancing miraluka. "That man is wearing bantha fodder cologne. I've seen it on the shelves at shops, but didn't think people actually bought it." He shivers. His tone sounds as if he's lost faith in in the galaxy itself. Then she grabs his hand. He lets out a noise of surprise, but does he mind? Definitely not. He allows her to lead him along through the crowd. She knows how to fight her way through it better than he. Even if she doesn't notice, he sees one fellow going in for the pickpocket, first at her, then likely him. But he catches the fellow's rist and throws it aside while she pulls him along through the crowd. "Bottomfeeders...." He mutters. "You know, now that I think of it, the nebula isn't a bad club name, sure it's cheesy. But there's some charm to it." Talohn's mind is all over the place.

Mogra'teksa Mogra'teksa

Last edited:

bd68e7d69ea13def0edacb12693d5f4d.jpg
objective :// REACH_THE_DOCKS

[ the_hunt ]

Mogs glanced back as she felt her weight tip with Talohn's shove of a pickpocket. Oh, she only kept bait valuables in her outer pockets, but his gesture was appreciated nonetheless. Golden eyes squinted at the fellow the cathar shoved back, and in some teasing gesture, the twi'lek crinkled her nose and stuck her tongue out at him. Once that much had been accomplished, the woman turned her eyes forward and charted their course through, suffering through the hike and the heat of the masses both in her determination to get to where they were going- one viciously stabbing elbow at a time.
"You know, now that I think of it, the nebula isn't a bad club name, sure it's cheesy. But there's some charm to it." Talohn's mind is all over the place.
Her head turned in partial as she struggled to hear him over the music, but once she had, it seemed she was in agreement with him. She nodded: "Yeah! That's not bad! I'd work at a place called Nebula, I don't think it's cheesy at all!" Finally, after nearly fifteen minutes of this pushing and shoving through, they arrived at a dip in the walkway where it split off and sloped downwards. Two guardsmen glad in chromed armor with a rather convincing golden paint job posed on either side of the open doors at the end of the ramp, and just beyond, the faint echoing sound of an airlock alert could be heard.
The ship bay.
"Okay, it should just be in here... I'll watch our tails for the baddies if they decide they've had enough to drink and see and want to come back. You look for the ship?" Mogra'teksa finally halted in her stride and released the grip she held around his hand, turning after to look up at him. "I have the memory of a goldfish so, I don't even remember what the ship in the picture you sent looks like." She snickered at her own expense.

Talohn can't help but snicker a little as she makes a face at the pickpocket. As he's pulled along once again, he gives the fellow a mock salute. After he mentions the nebula, he chuckles. "GLad ya like this nonexistent club, eh? Actually, let's be honest, name's already taken somewhere in this galaxy." He does help her shove and push as they go through the crowds. Some of these folk are quite big anyways. It's a bit of an effort, but they finally make it to the entrance of the ship bay. Talohn takes a long sniff. "Ah, I can smell the ship fuel from here. Ships are a gorgeous thing, I love workin on them."

"Alright, you do that, I know my ships. I have what they're driving down to the model number." He gives her a playful grin when she makes the joke at her own expense, showing off those incisors of his once again. It's cute in a predatory animal way, if such a thing exists. It's hard to believe such chompers exist behind the lips of that handsome face, well, handsome depending on whether or not you can tolerate fur. "Eh, you're shinier than a goldfish. Makes up for the lack of memory, right?" Then he sighs, smile going away as he shakes his head. "Wait, no, that didn't work, just sounded like an insult." He pinches his brow. "Just, just forget that one. I really need to stop trying." He scolds himself as he turns about to head into the ship bay. "I'll be back soon!"

Once in the ship bay, those catlike eyes drift about the hangar, seeking the target. He does it while leaning against the back wall of the ship bay, blending in with the other loitering scum ands the like. It doesn't take long for him to spot the ship. It's not well cared for, kind of a junker. It's riddled with rust, one of the landing gears is missing. It's obvious these lizards didn't know proper ship care. That alone made him eager to kick their asses. But if the ship is that unstable, it would make breaching quite easy. Just sneak around back and use a tool to burn a circular hole in the metal. He's got a lightsaber just for the occasion. Smiling to himself, he heads out of the bay.

Mogs would see the cathar approach, and if there's no trouble, he fastwalks over to her. Once she's within range to hear his lowered voice, he begins speaking. "Ship's a real junk heap. We could easily break into it after I get my gear. Job should be easy. If the trandoshans come back, Madlad can distract them. I'll have him insult the scorekeeper or something, eh?" He snickers.

Mogra'teksa Mogra'teksa

objective :// DISTRACTION

[ the_hunt ]

Oh, the "baddies" had certainly come back. But the twi'lek was crafty and was an actress at heart, of course. When Talohn had turned to rejoin her, he would see the lethan swaggering and swaying around, giggling stupidly as she chatted up the trandoshans, who were very much swaying and stumbling on themselves as she was- only theirs wasn't an act. And as the cathar approached her, a subtle hand waved behind her back, urging him to move on. They had a plan, mostly. He was to return to his ship and retrieve his gear. Mogs could keep these guys entertained easily for the time that would take, provided the cathar didn't get lost on the way there or back for that matter.

"By the mooooon-" the lethan cooed, "-that's so cool! So you like... shoot stuff, huh? Tell me about that- oh! The Scorekeeper must really favor you, look at you, so intimidating... so enticing. Dangerous. I like that." Oh, she was absolutely laying it on thick, doing her best to ooze drunken stupor mixed with some strange charm her people were rather notorious for. And it seemed to be working, for now. The gruff voices of those she sought to distract echoed in a resounding, slurred laughter, nodding and flashing rows of razored teeth. But she was dauntless, not backing down in the slightest- even as one of them made a bolder move in trailing the back of a claw down the side of her jaw.

It was amazing the tolerance her career field had given her for dealing with drunken idiots.

Last edited:
Talohn pauses to watch her antics for a moment. it was an act he's seen before, to be certain. It got him pickpocketed by a Zeltron back on Nar Shadaa. Women were scary. Course, that's how he liked them, despite the fact that such a preference was normally detrimental for both his existence and his wallet. Shrugging slightly. With that, he heads off. Madlad would have to stick to Monari on the ship sadly, as he didn't know where to find the lady Mogra said would watch her. He hurries as fast as he can through the massive ship.

He doesn't take terribly long, and she would soon see him approaching once again, or what looks like him anyways. It looks like typical mandalorian armor, with a green and yellow tint to it naturally. He's got a blaster on his hip, and a TDW H.A.R.M rifle slung over his shoulder. On his lower back is The Mule, which is a double barreled sawed off 10 guage shotgun. It could blast one of those trandoshans in half. The armor doesn't look exactly mandalorian. It looks like parts of the armor used to be salvage of some sort. It's obviously a refurbished set of armor, yet it's still intimidating all the same. He's prepared for a fight just in case they decide to attack, though he looks at Mogs, seeing if she's wanting to get away from them or not.

Mogra'teksa Mogra'teksa

objective ://
DISTRACTION
secondary_objective :// CLOAK AND DAGGER
[ the_hunt ]

When Talohn had returned, once more, he would catch the lethan's back, and the backs of the trandoshans, boarding the ship he had inspected previously. Oh dear, what was her plan now? Of course, she had managed to gain access to their ship- having completely forgotten about Monari and the need for a sitter it seemed, or maybe she was just highly opportunistic- but what was the plan moving forward? Was she going to whip out her blasters and make a mess on the ship? Was she going to keep them distracted while the cathar snuck onboard? It was a hard decision to make, but regardless, a choice presented itself to the cathar as Mogs turned her golden gaze back over her shoulder, flashing him a wink and a single nod.

It was subtle enough to go unnoticed but poignant enough that hopefully, he would see it and understand the implication. She wasn't worried or in distress. She wasn't being abducted, no, she was a spider weaving her web quickly at just the right moment, allowing the unwary to stumble right upon the strands and into her trap.

He could sneak on board after they had disappeared from sight, or he could wait outside for the shooting to start- only he could decide.

What was he going to do?

She was working hard to distract them. It would be best to use this time in order to get aboard the ship. Once they're indoors, he sneaks his way around the back of the ship, staying out of the single guard's peripheral view. Once at the back of the ship, he pulls out what looks like a pen. and a little blue flame ignites at the end of it. Unlike a lightsaber, this cuts in silently. Once he's almost cut a circle, he stops just before it's full, making for a hinge so that the panel he cut doesn't fall to the floor. He pulls open the entrance he's made, and climbs up inside.. He then pulls the metal hole shut.

He sneaks about, knowing he's in the back room. Cargo hold to be exact. He takes a solid minute to seek out the beskar, using a torch pen as his light. Sadly, it's nowhere to be found. He frowns under his helmet, ever so slightly irritated. He had a feeling he knew where it was, and that would make his day all the more annoying. He peeks out of the cargo hold door into the main room, to check on Mogs. His intuition was correct. They had it sitting in the middle of the main room like some sort of prize. His helmet silences the irritated his he lets out. The TDW rifle on his back will work efficiently in a pinch, but he's waiting for Mogs to take action first, or get in trouble.. She did take point on this operation after all. Who was he to stomp all over her plans?

Mogra'teksa Mogra'teksa

objective :// DISTRACTION

[ the_hunt ]

Mogs settled down in the sitting area she had been taken to, and both of the trandoshans, in their druken states, staggered around to the bar cabinet to retrieve more booze. "Not too much, now! I'm totally a light-weight." The twi'lek giggled, rolling her eyes as the two lumbering giants had their backs turned. The plan was simple enough, right? If she could get just a little more booze in them, it was likely the two of them would be able to snatch the beskar without problem. The only issue then became sneaking it back to Talohn's ship undetected or without drawing attention. Given where they were, it was going to be a bit of a tricky situation.
The twi'lek caught glimpse of the Mando out of the corner of her eye and she held a finger to her lips, beckoning him forward with a gesture. He could move to the side of the beskar the two thieves couldn't see. That was a start. Even if things got messy, it would be best to have him right there. The element of surprise was a marvelous thing. She was armed, with her guns tucked right there on her legs, but reaching for them would have been and incredibly overt and obvious gesture that would likely only get her drawn on.

Talohn hurries while their backs are turned. He has to be more careful as he gets closer, since metal boots on metal floor makes a lot more noise, but he manages to stay silent enough that two drunks won't notice, and he leans in cover behind the side of the crate that won't get him spotted. He puts his hand on the handle of the blaster that's in the holster at his side, prepared should things get dicey. But for now he waits for her to just out drink them or something like that. Basically he's waiting till they're both asleep. His blaster is set to stun. As much as he loathes leaving trandoshans breathing, the emps wouldn't respect him killing in their turf, so he decides stun is for the best.

Thus, he waits, typing on his wrist holopad silently, messaging Madlad about a plan he's got in the works. It was in regards to how they were going to sneak the Beskar out. He would fill Mogs in on the details later. After sending the messages, his hand goes back to his blaster, ready to draw if Mogs gets in even a little bit of danger.

Mogra'teksa Mogra'teksa

objective :// DON'T DIE

[ the_hunt ]

Mogra'teksa 'grinned and beared' it as the two trandoshans sat down right on either side of her, the one on the left handing her a drink. It was dark and smelled horrifically bitter, whatever it was, and thus, the twi'lek refrained from taking a sip. She assumed they wouldn't notice, and well, she was right in that regard. For now. "So tell me, that's all this then?" She asked with a hum, waving a hand towards the beskar stacked in the center of the room, "Oooh... did you guys snatch it from someone?"

The larger of the two smugglers stood up, lumbering over. "We took this from a group in the Outer Rim." He patted the ingots with a clawed hand and paced around to the side, putting him dangerously close to Talohn. And yet, Mogs didn't flinch at this. She didn't have any reaction to this at all. Her poker face was impressive, to say the least. Instead, she leaned closer to the one still left with her, and subtly, shifted her free hand down to grasp the grip of one of her blaster pistols. Her thumb very, very slowly pushed the security strap up out of the way.

"Oh, was there lots of fighting for it? Tell me about it..." she trailed, as though she was contemplating her words, but the pause didn't last long. She knew her counterpart was in the perfect place to strike, especially with the trandoshan closest to him having his back turned. "NOW, TALOHN!" The twi'lek twisted in her seat and promptly smashed the glass she held into the face of the one beside her, burning his eyes with whatever hellish liquor they had poured in her glass. It stung her hand heavily, and she knew then, that she had sustained lacerations from the shards.

It was fine.

The blinded reptilian roared furiously, lunging for her, but she ducked off the seat and rolled on the floor, popping up with her blaster trained on the other one for the moment while she ensured the Mandalorian was taking care of him. "Reach for your blaster and The Scorekeeper is gonna be adding your points to my card tonight." She hissed, cradling her bloody hand to her chest protectively.

The second she calls out for him, he instantly stands up, throwing a beskar ingot like a frisbee at the Trandoshan that could still see. It would hit the fellow upside the head, and with a metal that dense, likely knock the reptile out with a ding. With the first one down, Talohn makes his way over to the blinded trandoshan with metal footsteps, and grabs him by the shirt, pulling him forward so that he hits his head upon the top of that Beskar helmet before falling limply to the ground. It all happened quite fast since Talohn was allowed to ambush. His species was a bunch of ambush predators after all. Standing amongst two knocked out Trandoshans, Talohn Takes off his helmet, allowing himself a deep sigh. Those orange eyes turn to her, and he looks a bit concerned at the sight of the hand she's cradling. "You did a great job Mogs. Madlad will be here with the ship soon. It'll land in the spot beside this one. We move the crate into the ship from here, and then we'll fly around and land in the other hangar. You join us on the ship, yea? We'll get that wound fixed up and give you your cut of the beskar, as promised." He smiles, it's a warm and friendly smile, well about was friendly as one with incisors like that can be. Tapping a button on the crate to activate it's levitation, he makes his way towards the ramp of the ship, pulling that crate along.

The single Trandoshan guard that was outside is unconscious on the floor, an orange and white droid standing over him. The droid calls out in it's intimidatingly deep voice, gesturing for them to hurry. "Took you long enough, hurry up. Is that a red twi'lek? Really Talohn? Can you not ignore your catnip for five seconds?"

"Not the time. Plus, her being a red twi'lek was a coincidence!" Talohn hisses. The droid scoffs before taking the crate from Talohn in order to hurry it up the ramp. "More like a happy accident." Talohn simply shook his head in response, and stays by Mogs as they make their way onto the ship, if she's coming. "If you're like, not comfortable going on the ship, I'll stay here and they can just fly it away. Either way, we need to do something about those cuts."

Mogra'teksa Mogra'teksa

[ the_hunt ]

Deep royal rivulets rushed down the twi'lek's wrist, oozing from the rather nasty cuts she suffered along the pads of her palm and fingers. Had she not completely improvised that strategy, perhaps she would have thought to cover her hand with at least the sleeve of her jacket to safe-guard it. Oh well. He had gotten what he was after, and in turn, she did too. Mogra'teksa holstered her blaster and followed him, uncurling her fingers from her palm with a muffled whimper and wince. Right along the joints. That was her luck. Some rising energy within her coalesced as she focused, falling silent in her stride after him.

Her uninjured hand hovered over its bleeding twin and with a careful exhale, the pain slowly began to dull. The Force tugged at her maroon hide, numbing the sting to a much less cumbersome degree.
"It's okay. I can patch it up." She offered a strained smile, halting before boarding his ship. Obviously, she was hesitant about it, but she needed her loot, too. Even a little beskar would improve her capabilities and the range of jobs she would actually be comfortable undertaking. The thought of a pair of beskar bracers was enticing enough for her to press on, reluctantly falling back into step behind him with golden eyes on the droid.

"That's the one, hm?" She asked, looking to Talohn with a tilt of her head, "He doesn't seem as haywire as his reputation suggests." She spared Talohn the fate of the droid's wrath by excluding the part about Talohn being the one to tell her of Madlad's rather wild tendencies. That was considerate. "Hi, Madlad-" the lethan addressed the droid directly, "I'm Mogs." The gunslinger managed a tired smile.

Right after she introduces herself, she would find her words proved wrong. "Pleasure to meet you, Mogs. Now hurry on the-" It's single glowing white eyed lens instantly turns a dark red as it peers past the twi'lek. "Hold on, that trandoshan still has a single tooth left. Unacceptable. I'm going to rip it out real quick." It would then begin stomping purposefully towards the poor unconscious reptile. That is until Talohn lets out a hiss. "Don't you DARE. Get your ass back here!" Talohn growls, pointing to the entrance of the ship.

The droid emits a deep sigh, and unhappily stomps it's way back up the ramp and into the ship, dragging the beskar along with it. Talohn himself would then lead Mogs onto the ship, He can't help but allow himself a tired chuckle. "Madlad uh, not a fan of trandoshans. I made his brain from salvaged parts...something in the databanks....makes him hate them. A lot." He explains. Once they enter the ship, the ramp closes, and Madlad, now in the cockpit, has them lift off so that they can fly over to another bay. It would take a few minutes, so they had time to sit down.

The ship is certainly spacious, she would find upon entering. Such is expected of a converted cargo ship. The main area serves as a sort of general purpose area, split up into four quarters. One corner of the room is a kitchen where they make their food, and the corner adjacent to that side of the room is a sort of living room area, even has a booth built into the wall with a table that has a holographic chess game, along with a holonet television of sorts. Then there's the third corner, a medical area that's decently stocked with supplies. It even has a bacta tank built into the wall. The final corner is an absolute mess, though from the looks of it, with the parts and tools scattered about on the large tables and racks, it's the workshop, where Madlad and Talohn make and fix their gear.

From this main room, one can access the cockpit from the far end. Then the sides lead to the four different rooms, all of them for residential purposes. Monari's room is decorated with all the tech and junk she's collected that she personally likes, along with all the other amenities She would need. Talohn has made sure she's got everything she needs in the room. Though it's a bit messy, with toys and tech spread around. It's easy to tell which one is Madlad's room. It's covered in weird carvings of code on the wall, she might even spot some in ancient sith. Creepy. That room doesn't contain a bed, exactly. It's more of a metal table with a recharge station upon it, that also serves as an operation table for repairs. Talohn's room is messy, souvenirs on shelves, weapons of various sorts leaning on the walls, bed unmade, an empty bowl of soup sitting beside a holopad laptop that has some sort of turn based strategy game still playing on it. His room screams 'I am 20 and have no idea what I'm fucking doing'. The final room is barren, with a neatly made bed. Looks like it hasn't been touched in a while.

"This uh...this is home." He states to Mogs, gesturing about. "Feel free to take a seat. I'll be right back." He points out where the couch is before making his way over to the medical supplies, where he pulls out a pair of tweezers and a roll of bandages. He takes a moment to soak the bandages in bacta. The cathar then comes back, a concerned frown on his face still as he sits beside her. "Show me that hand. Let's get that all fixed up." If she does indeed give him her hand, he'll get to work. It would sting here and there, but Talohn uses the tweezers quite delicately to pull out any remaining glass. It's the same as working with small circuits...but it's all flesh. Once he finishes with the glass, he would then begin wrapping her hand. "Just leave this on for an hour or so, and it'll be good as new." he states, still carefully wrapping her palm up.

That's when Mogs might spot a pair of golden eyes peeking out of the room. "A visitor? Rare." The child observes. She then walks fully in the open, peering at Mogs for a minute. She seems to be some sort of halfbreed. Calamari..and Cathar? A catfish? Either way, cute kid. She scurries her way over Mogs, and reaches to enthusiastically shake the twi'lek's uninjured hand. "Hi! I'm Monari! Wanna see the laser pen I made?" She asks, beaming proudly.

Talohn looks up from his bandaging job, an eye twitching. "You made a what?" His tone isn't angry. Just very confused.

Mogra'teksa Mogra'teksa

[ the_hunt ]

Mogs took in the surroundings as she was led onto the ship. There was plenty to look at, and even more to distract herself from the pain in her hand. She took a seat where he pointed her to, still cradling her bleeding hand with the other to attempt keeping her blue blood from staining his floors and furniture. "Thanks." She sighed, furrowing her tattooed brows as she stared at it, barely having the discipline to keep herself from picking the glass out of her hand with the fingers uninjured. Her expression was neutral, held in a state of focus by her strained, bare-minimum efforts with The Force to keep her pain tempered at a much more tolerable level.

When he asked for it, she reached across, splaying her hand out for him to address. The lacerations she had sustained were mostly centered around her palm and the pads of her fingers, rather than anywhere else. Perhaps that had been a stroke of luck- as the shards had missed the precious veins snaking down her wrist and into her elbow. The twi'lek turned her attention away from it as he nursed her wound, and just in time to catch Monari crossing into the living space to greet her.

The gunslinger forced herself to smile in response to the strange-looking girl, shaking her little hand. "Hi, Monari-" Mogra'teksa cooed, "I'm Mogs. And sure! I'd love to see your laser pen.... even if Talohn is being a stinky stick in the mud about it." Her smile became much more genuine and she shot the cathar a wink then.

Talohn doesn't take long. He's no medic, but he's done enough self aid in the field in emergencies to be able to at least do this. Talohn rolls his eyes when Mogs calls him a stick in the mud, and Monari scurries off to her room to find that laser pen. While she's gone, Talohn speaks up again. "Nice whack by the way. Though, I gotta tell you. I don't know what in the hells was in that bottle, but I'm pretty sure it was toxic enough to damage that trandoshan more than you did." He jokes. He stands up from sitting beside her, and makes his way over to their loot, which has been left sitting in the middle of the workshop area.

Talohn taps a few buttons, opening the crate. He then takes a blowtorch off of the nearby table, and she'd see him ignite it, placing it on something on the inside of the crate's lid. There's a mechanical squeak as a tracking beacon falls to the floor. "Not falling for that one." He grins. With that out of the way, he takes a box off of the counter. Just a spare parts box. Dumping it out on a work table table with a whole bunch of metal clunks following, he proceeds to begin pulling out beskar ingots from the crate. She'll notice he places fourteen in the box, not twelve. The cathar hefts the box up into his arms with a low hiss, and carries it over to sit it beside her on the couch. "There's your share. Two extra because you kept the operation quiet. Also because I'm a weakling who can't refuse a pretty face."

Madlad's mechanical voice echoes from the front of the ship. "Just be honest Talohn, you have a crippling twi'lek feti-OW" The droid is silenced when Talohn instantly takes a nearby toy ball off of the counter, tossing it in the direction of the ship's cockpit.

Talohn sighs. "Please don't address that. Anyways uh... You hungry?" He paces over to open the fridge. "About dinner time here on the ship anyways. Right about now is when Monari starts asking for food. We have leftover stew from last night....Recently bought some noodles. So I could make some Alderaanian chicken stew....Corellian egg sandwiches. Regular old steaks...." He sounds like the stereotype grilling dad. "By the way." He says, Idly peering into the fridge. "You ever ponder joining up with mandos? It's a flexible lifestyle. You can easily keep up the dancing gig. It's more of a way to have easy contacts in terms of job partners. Not to mention mando mercenaries tend to reel in better paying jobs. Plus there's the beskar. I didn't exactly see the downside when I joined. Speaking of job partners." While waiting for her answer in regards to food, the cathar hurries over to his computer that's in the wall over by the cockpit, and sticks a chip inside. After clacking on the keyboard a bit, he returns, holding out the small drive to her. "Provided my existence hasn't been terribly annoying for you, here's my holofrequency. If you ever want to do a job together again, have an interest in joining the enclave, or...." He shrugs. "If you ever just want to hang out sometime, go find a nebula. Whatever, really."

Whether she takes the drive or not, Monari returns, pen in hand. She looks so excited, with a shine in her golden eyes. "I'll point the laser at the ceiling. It's not strong enough to go through." Pointing said relatively plain pen at the ceiling, she presses a button on the side, and the top begins glowing with a white light. At the sight of that light, Talohn goes deadpan. "No, that's not-Oh fuck." He quickly reaches out a hand to cover Mog's eyes, so she might get an eyeful of what is Talohn's lightly furred hand, a sound going off that's similar to a giant camera following right after. Talohn's hand would pull away as he now covers his own eyes, hissing like a snake. "OH SHIT, MY EYES I CAN'T SEE! MONARI WHAT THE-" Before he can finish, he trips on the crate of beskar while staggering about falling over it to land on his ass. "MY SPINE! WHY?!"

Monari is sitting there, hand over her mouth as she tries not to break out laughing. "That was...the flashbang pen...."

Mogra'teksa Mogra'teksa

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom