Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ghost and the Fallen Star [Ashin Varanin]

| [member="Ashin Varanin"] |

Vilox Pazela was stood upon a balcony overlooking the vastness of Ossus. He found himself inside the Jedi Academy, currently under the guidance of it's Headmaster, [member="Talon Vosra"]. He planned to meet with his former subordinate soon, whom had served him during his time in the Sith Empire. But this thoughts were upon a former Sith Emperor.

Her name was Ashin Varanin.

Since his return to the fold of the Jedi Order following the end of the assignment he had given himself, more or less, after the One Sith's occupation of Coruscant, the Jedi Master had taken it upon himself at the start of everyday to look across jungles and grass land ahead, in a form of moving meditation. But he was done that day and so moved away to contact an old friend. Using the Academy's communications array, Vilox sent a transmission across all frequencies on it. He knew that Ashin was listening, if she was the same woman he thought he knew. His reason for contacting the old Admiral was to gain information on what she knew about the One Sith; and although he didn't know the Jedi Master was now a mere apprentice due to the loss of her Force-sensitivity, for he had only just returned following months of undercover work in the Deep Core, an exchange would take place.

She would assist him with the information he sought; and in return he would help her return back to her former self.

"Jedi Master Ashin Varanin, this is Vilox Pazela calling on all known frequencies. I request an audience in person with you in regards to a matter I believe you to be of some assistance of. I am in the Jedi Academy on Ossus. I await your reply..."

And so the Ghost would be reunited with what was now a Fallen Star. Interesting stuff.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Vilox Pazela"]

No return message came; Ashin was the sort to prize comm secrecy. She did, however, show up, in a nondescript vessel like so many the Jedi used. A woman like any other, with a Padawan Force signature like any other, wearing Jedi robes like any other, she sought him out at the edge of a practice field, where apprentices struggled to lift a single Muntuur stone.

"It's been a long time since I've been on Ossus," said Ashin. "This is where it all began for me. Before the Empire took it -- before I took it -- there was a Jedi enclave here. There was a Dark Side cult on my trail, and they dropped a Sithspawn for cover, then sent a Master-level assassin. She killed my friend Faran Kol-Rekali, killed my Padawan Temap -- my first Padawan -- and infected me with a variant of Sith poison that blocked off my Force connection apart from the Dark Side. Ossus changed everything, changed my whole life.

"How are you, Master Pazela?"

"I am well Ashin. I must confess, it feels strange for you to be calling myself Master. It wasn't long after my trial, to which I was cleared by judicial committee, that the One Sith emerged, Coruscant was occupied and I was given my first assignment by the Jedi Council. This is why I have asked you to come from whatever planet or system in the Unknown Regions back here; and I apologize if it has caused you any inconvenience."

He gave her a smile. Having moved away from the Academy's com array, Vilox had ventured to the Academy entrance, believing Ashin would of came in that way. Word came from a group of Jedi Initiates that were living in the Academy that Ashin had been seen in the training courtyards; and it had been then that the Jedi Master had learned of what happened to her. "Didn't you hear, Master? Master Varanin was seen by the council and rumor has it she isn't a Jedi Master anymore!"

Interesting had been the word that came to Pazela's mind on that piece of knowledge. "Do you want to explain what happened between yourself and the council, old friend?" He gestured for them to sit. Pazela took a meditative position, but did not close his eyes to meditate just yet.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Vilox Pazela"]

She sat as invited.

"It was more than just the Council -- leaders from the Silver Jedi, from other Jedi factions as well. I gave them what guidance I could and told them that they needed to take a more substantial approach to people like you and I. I requested they practice agreeing with each other by applying a little overdue justice to my situation. They wound up agreeing to sever me from the Force, at least in the way that..." She shrugged. "Suffice it to say, I'm a Padawan again, with a Padawan's grasp of the Force. And that's quite all right with me. Force alone knows I'd never be seen as legitimate otherwise, by them or by myself. I daresay you've felt something similar."

"That was the gathering set up by Jorus Merrill, wasn't it? I was not allowed to attend due to my past affiliations. But you were? Hm." He thought over the conversation. Ashin had been severed, presumably due to her past affiliation as the only Sith Empress of the current era and known use of the dark side of the Force. There had been many Sith Emperors, and once he himself had been close to joining the handful of Sith Lords that had taken the mantle, but there had only been one woman. Darth Decimus the First and only.

"Of course, I have a little more understanding to the precarious position you found yourself during your time as the Empress, Ashin." He leaned his head to the left slightly, studying her. "During the meeting, I tried to get a message to the Jedi Grandmaster that I had found out something disturbing during the assignment I found myself in after the battle of Coruscant. But Merrill blocked me and the message could not be passed on."

"Soon to be rectified. I am meeting with the Headmaster of this Jedi Academy, Talon Vosra soon; and when he had listened to me, then it is only natural that I will find myself in front of the Grandmaster and the Jedi Council. You see Ashin, I was still on Coruscant following the One Sith's victory; and I found out a lot of things about this organization of Sith, which has been in the works for far longer than first thought."

"My assignment ended when I faced off Darths Vornskr, Isolda, Shara and Orcus, alongside two Sith Knights I could not identify. I ventured to Prakith, to discover more about the One Sith, done with my investigation on Coruscant; and I discovered that there is another man, being to be more exact, that is behind the One Sith plot. That is why I brought you here, to see what you knew. If there was someone else in the galaxy that would know something, then it would be you."

"But I see I can be of help to you as well. No doubt you want to reclaim your lost powers; and whilst we're on the subject, I do not think the Jedi Order will find it as easy to convince me to do as you have done."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Vilox Pazela"]
Ashin gave a thin smile, staring out past the Padawans -- the other Padawans -- into the jungle. "Don't tell me you're offended at being barred from the Convocation, Master Pazela. I've had dealings with Cater, which might explain it, but it's also possible I was allowed to attend so that Merrill could speak in favor of my death. Which he did with some fervor. As for your message, Merrill passed on whatever portion of it you gave him. He was...uncomplimentary.

"Vornskr, Isolda, Shara and Orcus -- not names I know, for the most part, but then I'm not as well connected as I was. As for the other, their backer...I can only assume this is what you mean by mentioning the longevity of the One Sith. My grandfather was a member of the original One Sith -- Darth Shule, he was called. He left records of how the One Sith do business. There's always a Dark Lord to whom all others bow, and there's always a long, long period of patient growth. The Dark Lord always has a Voice, a singular servant to guide the rest of them. The Voice is strong alone, but is also a conduit of sorts for the Dark Lord's influence, though I'm not sure how that would be accomplished or what degree of connection the Dark Lord might risk. The others are all equals under the Dark Lord, both Masters and Knights, and they give away the Darth title like candy. I was well into my Mastery when Apparatus named me Darth Desmius." Ashin shrugged, toying with her commpad. "De gustibus non est disputandi.

"I should mention, when it comes to my severing, Lo-" She grimaced. "Master Pazela, sorry -- when it comes to my severing, they did not convince me to accept the solution. I suggested it, along with death, as the only possible sentences that had any hint of justice to them. I couldn't ignore my conscience anymore, you see. And it's been something of a relief to be without a Master's moral and practical responsibilities."

"How the mighty have fallen," he thought. Vilox licked his lips a moment, before closing his eyes. "It's ironic really. I sit before you a Jedi Master. I know a lot about the force, some aspects of it darker than you could conceive; and a person of your standard might have an understanding of that. As a Sith Lord, I could of taught you to harness your hatred and inner passions to unlock the darkest emotions that would bring forth your strength."

"Here, I think the best way is to close your eyes and feel the force, as I have done. I have found it to be soothing here on Ossus. Compared to Coruscant, Prakith and the worlds I visited as a Sith Lord, being on a world such as this without the dark side has given me a comfort I've never had before. I think people such as you and I don't spend enough time feeling the force. Perhaps then it will come back to you?"

But that wasn't all Vilox Pazela was doing. Although his eyes were closed, they perceived everything; and they were focused on Ashin Varanin. It would take time, and perhaps, if she noticed, he would be discovered. But then, he was a master of the dark side; and she was a weakened, albeit well known hero. This was a test in several ways. Could he deceive the great Ashin Varanin? Could he return her Force-sensitivity back to it's former heights? He would find out soon.

After all, he had certain gifts.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Vilox Pazela"]
She flashed back to what Merrill had shared at the Convocation, how he'd paraphrased the message from the man across from her. Beneath her robe, her three necklaces had grown warm. One was a Heartstone amulet, a shard of the Healing Crystals of Fire. One was a chain holding two Murr Earrings, for clarity in the Light. The third was a Sigil of Hope, a Force battery of sorts, its power enhanced by the presence of the other items. Its power was mental protection, and something was setting it off.

There were, she reflected as she closed the commpad, some things about Vilox that hadn't changed. In fact it was much like talking to the old one. From I would never have let the Council talk me into accepting justice to I know the Dark Side better than you ever did to here's lesson one; be grateful, the arrogance inherent in his words -- though not his tone nor his Force presence -- solidified her conclusion:

She had no desire to open up her mind around him, through meditation or any other means.

She glanced over at the nearby Jedi class and stood. "Thank you for the offer, Master Pazela, but I have a Master already, a top-tier mentalist rather than some reflection of my usual skillset. I suspect that this time around I'll be able to avoid trouble rather than just stand up to it or defeat it. Perhaps you'll meet her soon."

What happens on Ossus, stays on Ossus.
What happens on Ossus, is known by those on Ossus.

There was a precognitive warning that tingled down Kiskla's spine, and she turned to her fellow councillor -- after attempting once again to meditate. It seemed everyone was better at it than her -- but it did mean she could detect certain things. Without a word, she rose and indicated that [member="Erinyes Draclau"] should follow suit.

Within a few moments, having learned how to navigate the temple expertly, the pair were in a similar vicinity as [member="Vilox Pazela"] and [member="Ashin Varanin"]. [member="Talon Vosra"] had also been notified to meet them here. Or something. She caught the tail end of the conversation.

"Glad you're finding Ossus a soothing atmosphere, Vilox." The blonde interrupted, leaning against the doorframe before the training facility. "Let's keep it that way and not agitate the students."

What happens on Ossus, stays on Ossus.
What happens on Ossus, is known by those on Ossus.

Especially when one of the Academies instructors was a clairvoyant of the Force, a seer of visions and what dark things go bump in the night.

Oh her sight was not like the raw potential of her padawan Jannik Morlandt, but upon Ossus grounds, it was an entirely different story. Especially when so tied to the young padawans she was entrusted to look after.

The chill of danger sense would run down her spine, and it was of no surprise that the Grand Master felt this as well. Something certainly was wrong here. Troubling.

Concern would dance across the Shi'ido Master's face as she came to a stop alongside Kiskla, her green eyes narrowing upon the view of the extremely bright light of the jewel necklace along [member="Ashin Varanin"]'s neck.

Although silent for the moment, she would not remain motionless. No, deep into the Force would the Seer dip herself into. If anything, the war with the One Sith had made her question all and investigate things further.

This would be no different.

Talon Vosra

T
[member="Vilox Pazela"] [member="Ashin Varanin"] [member="Kiskla Grayson"] [member="Erinyes Draclau"]

The cloak of shadows when combined with Quey'tek meditation was a taxing thing but Talon had done it so many times now he was quite possibly one of the best. He knew of only one other alive that was better and she was no Jedi. He had sat for sometime motionless and waiting for what would come. Call it a test, call it cautious, call it crazy but he was very careful lately and rhat went double for the academy he was responsible for.

He sat on a stand as Kiskla walked in and leaned on the door frame. There was no point waiting now. He stood. His bare feet rested on the cool floor and he let go of the two techniques. He appeared both visibly and in the force and began emanating calm.

"Padawan Varanin, I hope your training is going well. Feel free to contact me if you need anytging at all." He said as he looked from the woman to the man who had once been his superior.

"Vilox, I hadn't been told you were coming to train Padawans. We should talk about some guidelines we have before offers are made, yes?"

| [member="Talon Vosra"] | [member="Kiskla Grayson"] | [member="Ashin Varanin"] | [member="Erinyes Draclau"] |

The presence of Talon Vosra came first. "The boy has grown," was his first thought. Slowly, Vilox Pazela opened his eyes to the arriving Jedi Grandmaster Kiskla Grayson and the other Jedi Master Erinyes Draclau. He diverted his eyes to Ashin. "It would appear my... gesture has been cut short, Ashin. Apologizes. We are going to have to do this another time."

As he rose, he thought: "If we get another time." The dark garbed Master turned his gaze to Talon. "I ask Ashin to meet with me in regards to some information she may have had; and it proved to be useful. As for my training her, that's not a term I would call it. Some guidance, perhaps, to an old friend. Ashin was, after all, my motivation for joining the Jedi Order and the trial that followed."

He sensed confusion, apprehensiveness and caution from the assorted Jedi that sat and stood before him. "The dark must be with me," came his third thought. "I was about to do something that would of revealed me to these Jedi. Then they came, just before I was about too, thus maintaining the facade."

His eyes turned to Kiskla. He smiled. "Hello Grandmaster. I have been waiting for you. I wouldn't dare thinking about agitating Ashin nor any other Padawan in this building." Vilox turned his gaze finally to Erinyes. After he was done studying her, he began to rise to his feet.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Vilox Pazela"] [member="Talon Vosra"] [member="Erinyes Draclau"] [member="Kiskla Grayson"]

As her commpad beeped gently, she pulled out the largest of the necklaces, which glowed gently in the Force. "If you'll notice, he's set off my Sigil -- an attempt at mental influence, as we anticipated at the Convocation."

A glance down at the pad produced a wintry smile. "And here we are. This is from a very old enemy who got no information from me and has never lied to me. I'm forwarding the message string to you, Grandmaster, but the sum of it is, our friend here recently went to Prakith in an attempt to dominate his way to the top of the One Sith hierarchy. He failed and was killed by Hion, the Herglic." She felt no need to elaborate. The only way to survive death in that manner was through the powers of the Dark Side; they knew it as well as she did.

"Darth Vazela, you're a clever man, but you remind me of the story of the young warrior who carried a snake down from a mountaintop. When it bit him, he protested, and the snake said what I'll say to you now. You knew what I was when you picked me up."

It's been a while, and I'm not what I once was, in a couple of ways. You owe me nothing, but I have a question for you that I think you'll be inclined to answer.

Vilox Pazela told me he went to Prakith to confront the One Sith, and he mentioned your name as someone he fought either there or on Coruscant. His story has something of an odor to it, and lacks detail. I'm wondering what you can tell me about that confrontation.

Varanin

***​

So he still lives?

An interesting prospect, but not to be expected of one such as him. He is as slippery as any serpent I've ever seen, but then again the art of cheating death is known to all except me.

I wonder why that is?

I digress, it rings true that Vilox came to Prakith with short-sighted dreams of personal ascension and glory, but he was met with scorn and violence.

I know not what he had already told you, but you must know that he was soundly defeated by my brethren.

I was spectator and participant, as was my duty to all who would go against us in such a fashion, but I daresay the credit for his defeat goes to Hion the Herglic.

But, I wonder...

What business do you have in the company of heretics?

~K

Talon Vosra

T
[member="Vilox Pazela"] [member="Ashin Varanin"] [member="Erinyes Draclau"] [member="Kiskla Grayson"]

Talon stood slowly it was as he had feared.

"Padawan Varanin, you may want to meet with your master and consider the effects of association on a Jedi." Talon said looking passed the former Sith Empress, "Vazela, it seems you need to come with us."

Talon removed his right hand lightsaber from his belt but left the blue blade unignited.

"Don't fight Vazela. You'll only die tired."

| [member="Ashin Varanin"] | [member="Talon Vosra"] | [member="Erinyes Draclau"] | [member="Kiskla Grayson"] |

Two pillars, with two individual stood upon them. Vilox Pazela and Ashin Varanin, gazing at each other. Smaller platforms surrounded the two that they stood upon, with other figures such as Talon, Erinyes and Kiskla stood on Ashin's side. He leaned his head to the left, as he felt himself fall off his own, it collapsing beneath him. Falling into the abyss, to join the other Sith Lords that she had ushered into the void, where they would become insignificant and thus pose no danger to herself, her friends, family and the galaxy that she served as a Jedi.

Then he came to a stop. The pillar stopped it's collapse. In his mind's eye, he had seen Ashin's face crease from satisfaction to concern. No, he would not be joining those predecessors, for he was not of their kind; and Ashin Varanin, nor any other Jedi, had dealt with a man such as he.

He was not done, quite yet.

Vilox Pazela lifted his hands in the direction of Talon Vosra. It was a gesture of mercy and his face had creased into that of concern. He hold them high to the Jedi Master. "Talon, this can be easily explained and rectified, but to do that, you must put away your weapon. I have not been a Jedi long, but I understand the concepts of form zero and now I am giving you an opportunity to away your weapon and talk this out, or I will defend myself."

His hands lowered to the sides, eyes averting from Talon to Ashin Varanin. "My name isn't Darth Vazela, Ashin. It is Vilox Pazela. I am a clever man, you are right. I do not know who your source is, but they are correct. I did go to Prakith and I did fight several Sith Lords. I was overpowered and defeated by them. I came to Ossus to deliver my report to the Jedi Grandmaster and the Jedi Council, to reveal everything."

He sighed. "You believe me to be a Sith Lord still. I do not understand why. Do you believe me capable of deceiving the entire Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order? Impossible. I am no Palpatine. I came to the Jedi Order to rectify the mistakes I made as Darth Vazela and I did that because you motivated me too. It was through your guidance that I wanted to become a Jedi. That was why I brought you here, because I knew I could rely on you to deliver the information I needed to conclude my report to the council and in return I would help an old friend and mentor return to their former heights."

"As for that amulet, I was using the Force to come to a diagnosis of the extent of your severance to the force, so I could help you." He turned his gaze to Kiskla. "Can we head to the council chambers, so I can come what I came to do: deliver what I know about the One Sith, as I was left to do on Coruscant."

Talon Vosra

T
[member="Vilox Pazela"] [member="Ashin Varanin"] [member="Erinyes Draclau"] [member="Kiskla Grayson"]

Talon kept his lightsaber hilt in his hand and stood calmly. He had no desire to fight, but in war one had to make sure of who the enemies and allies were and if necessary re evaluate as you went.

"If you were overpowered and defeated by the Sith, you would be dead or worse." Talon responded, "We will escort you to a detainment area and begin an investigation, if you are found innocent I will be the first to apologize and set about rectifying the situation If you're found guilty punishment will be executed. Please don't make this harder than it needs to be."

He took a half step forward still maintaining a calm but determined mindset. They could not afford games.

"Your report can be given from the detainment cell."

| [member="Talon Vosra"] | [member="Ashin Varanin"] | [member="Kiskla Grayson"] |

"So be it, Talon." He held his hands in front of himself, ready to be detained and escorted to the detainment area. His eyes averted to Ashin as the process of being arrested was carried out. It was a sombre glance, one that did not give away a hint of what the man was thinking; and in that sense, a sense of eeriness would come over the woman as they caught each other.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Vilox Pazela"] [member="Kiskla Grayson"] [member="Talon Vosra"] [member="Erinyes Draclau"]

All things considered, Ashin's tolerance for eeriness had found its apex sometime around her trip to Mugg Fallow. With the Sigil to alert her to attempts at mental influence, and the amulet and Murr talismans to bolster her focus and awareness in subtle ways, she figured she had a pretty decent chance of determining whether a given feeling was biology or some kind of Force effect. Just now, however, she found herself unable to tell. Perhaps it was paranoia.

She cleared her throat. "I believe he may still be attempting to use the Force on me, though I'm not sure how and my senses aren't what they once were. With your permission, Masters, I'll be leaving."

Should permission be granted, she would leave.

Talon Vosra

T
[member="Ashin Varanin"] [member="Vilox Pazela"] [member="Erinyes Draclau"] [member="Kiskla Grayson"]

Talon reached behind his back with his other hand and produced a set of stun cuffs.

"Permission to go granted and encouraged Ashin, please be available for questioning later." Talon said as he moved forward to Cuff the other Man. He would look for evidence to prove Vilox was telling the truth and he genuinely hoped he would find it but sadly he wasn't confident it would happen.

With the cuffs in place Talon would produce a Master's mind maze and hold it in front of the other master. A trick he had learned the hard way. If all went smoothly the other man would wake up in the force detainment cell in the 4th floor basement or in route too if he was particularly fast at unraveling the maze.

This was Talon's realm, and therefore she would allow his jurisdiction to be executed.

The wait for Vazela to stir was long, but not idle. But once [member="Vilox Pazela"] awoke, he would find himself in that cell [member="Talon Vosra"] had lead him to. He'd been keen to share his alleged reports with the Grandmaster, but she was but a fraction of a whole. Anything to be said to her, as far as information went, would be shared with her council. Might as well take out the middle man -- especially with a majority (Including [member="Erinyes Draclau"]) present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom