Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The galaxy can be so cruel

Coruscant; dark and moody

Rain poured from the darkened skies above Coruscant. Somewhere, in an abandoned alley, a van pulled up. The side door opening, two men rushed out with a sleeping boy in tow, dragging him to the dark depths of the alley. "He might die out here!", one of the men stated. "Shut up Jake", the other retorted. "Since when did you care about any of those kids? Don't tell me you've gotten soft over them?" The two fell silent after that. Their deed now done, they got back in the van and drove off, leaving the sleeping boy slumped against a dumpster, soaking in the freezing cold.

[member="Leon Pride"]

Drez waltz about in the rain, thoroughly enjoying herself. She loved the open air, and rain was so much more freeing then anything else she's felt. Even on a planet like Coruscant. She happened to be nearby when the van drove up, and threw something out. Something that looked like it had skin. She kept to a corner, peaking around just to watch. She saw the boy first, and listened to the men's conversation. Kids? How many were there? As soon as the van left she crept over to the boy, patting his shoulder.

"Hey, you alive?"

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Alexandra watched the entire scene and then [member="Xyhn-Drez"] showing up to touch the kid, leaving Alexandra to just lay there with her head over the edge on the roof above them. She had been getting out and about recently and wondered if there was a shot at seeing any stars from the roof, of course there hadn't been a shot at ever seeing stars from here but she still got a sight and remained a silent overwatch for now.

[member="Leon Pride"]

Coruscant when it was raining was an odd spectacle. Much of lower Coruscant was blocked off by the massive building complexes of upper Coruscant, so when rain did happen, only the upper levels really got to enjoy it. Sometimes, because of decay or ill-management, the water would slowly seep through the levels, but Verrin had met more then a few people who had never seen rain before as they lived in the lowest levels of Coruscant and never came up for they had no reason to. People who had never seen stars before, and it was something that caused a small level of sadness to stir in his heart because both sights were beautiful in their own way, and it was almost criminal to never have the chance to experience it.

Verrin was enjoying the walk, the second he heard the tell-tail signs of water tapping the windows and walls of the Temple; he knew that he would have to go out and enjoy it, and so he did. The bottom of his brown robes were wet and created an odd cold sensation when it rubbed against his legs and with every minute his robes were getting wetter and wetter starting to stick to his body and hang heavily as they absorbed the moisture. Thanks to the darkened skies, Verrin did not need to wear his glasses to block out the sun, instead, he was able to enjoy the sights with his own two blue eyes.

But something felt... familiar. An aura he had not felt in awhile; he wasn't sure why he suddenly felt it or what it belonged to, but it called to a part of his memory and tugged at his attention. Following his sense and the odd aura to its source, he came upon a small alleyway. A small girl leaning down to pat a boy's shoulder. He wasn't sure how old either were, or was he able to get a close look at them as the rain was making it hard to make out facial features. The aura he had followed didn't come from either of these, but the sight of the unconscious boy was enough to make him push the aura from his mind.

"Are you okay?" Verrin said walking down the alley. Had it been a mugging?

[member="Xyhn-Drez"] [member="Leon Pride"] [member="Alexandra Cinthra"]

Cold. Darkness.

Leon woke up slowly, not sure where he was exactly. As he tried to open his eyes he saw not one, but in fact three people staring down at him. He had to admit he was surprised at the concern in their eyes. He had never been really cared for as long as he could remember. Trying to think clearly, he nodded slowly at the questions of his well-being. "I'm... I'm fine. Just a little beat, is all. Can I go back to sleep?" He must have been really worn out, because even in the pouring rain he wanted nothing but sleep. His eyes continued to droop, the three figures standing around him becoming blurry once more.

[member="Xyhn-Drez"] [member="Alexandra Cinthra"] @Verrin Ris'To

She pouts a bit, watching [member="Leon Pride"] drift off again. She'd reach down to his prone form, suddenly lifting him up on her shoulders. She was surprisingly strong, but that probably had to do with the fact she was really a dragon. She'd cast a glance to [member="Verrin Ris'To "]though, blinking.

"Do you.. Have a place to take him?"

Alexandra Feanor

Alexandra blinked from where she laid on the roof, her eyes focusing on the girl and her uncanny abilty to pick up and carry the boy with seemingly no effort. She was looking closely on [member="Xyhn-Drez"] now before switching to [member="Verrin Ris'To "]and whistling a bit to him and the others. "You need a place to go?" [member="Leon Pride"]

Verrin moved forward to lift the boy, but he stopped when the girl did so, slinging him over her shoulder. He was more then a little impressed at her strength as she was nearly two feet shorter then him and did not look like she had an ounce of muscle on her body yet she was able to pick the boy, who looked a little larger, as if he weighed next to nothing.

"They may take him in at the temple..." Verrin said before his voice died off. It would be a long walk to the temple, and they needed to get him out of the rain. He wasn't sure how long he had been out, so it would be better to get him to shelter, "Here," Verrin said pulling off his robe and moving to cover them with it to help block out the rain.

A whistle caught his attention, and he nearly drew his lightsaber thinking that the muggers, or whoever had done this to the boy, were coming back when he spotted the white hair, damp with water, and a very familiar face, "Alexandra... I appreciate the help."

Leon provided very little resistance as he was lifted up onto someone's shoulder. Still half asleep, he was vaguely aware of what was going on. Not soon after the small girl had hefted him up, he was draped in a long brown cloth, which really didn't do too much to help his situation. Blinking a few times, he struggled too hear as one of his saviors, an older man, spoke of taking him to 'the temple.' Weird... He wondered which temple that was.

[member="Alexandra Cinthra"] @Verin Ris'to [member="Xyhn-Drez"]

Drez only nodded to [member="Verrin Ris'To "]before casting a glance over to [member="Alexandra Cinthra"] . More people, but friends by the look of them. "Well.. Lets not keep him waiting. Lead on!" She still had the boy on one shoulder, but with the odd looks she felt a bit uneasy. Maybe she should pass him over to someone else? Her eyes trained on the Jedi, blinking every so often.

"Do.. you want to carry him?"

"Sure, I will take him," Verrin said moving to take him into his arms and keep his robe wrapped around him to give him what warmth he could. If the situation was more dire, he would try to use the force to warm himself and thus warm the boy, but it didn't seem to be that bad. He wasn't sure why she even had to ask. There was simply no way he could say no when a young lady asked him to help carry something... even if the something in this case was another person.

"Where to Alexandra?" Verrin asked looking up to the whited haired woman.

Alexandra Feanor

"Well..." She stood up and dropped to the ground by the three of them before heading not out of but down another alley. "This way of course." She started on walking, navigating the alleys from memory, moving through them without a single after thought as to if she went the right way. "So Verrin, how have you been lately, chest healed up from that branch or you still not able to laugh?"

@Verrin Ris'To [member="Xyhn-Drez"] [member="Leon Pride"]

Rendom Axel

Trooper of the Republic
Rendom had heard of a boy being brought to an alley and deiced to check it out then he saw a man carrying a boy and Rendom then took out his blaster pistol and said "drop the kid!"

Leon gave a small grunt as he was switched between hands, not that he could do much about it. Really, he was just grateful someone had come along to help. In the small sliver of consciousness he had at the moment, he was able to make out voices coming from the three. One was apparently called Verrin, which he figured to be the one who wanted to take him to 'the temple'. His eyes half open, all he could see were mostly dark splotches in the darkness, one of them moving and yelling.

[member="Verrin Ris'To "][member="Alexandra Cinthra"] [member="Rendom Axel"] [member="Xyhn-Drez"]

Verrin tried to manuever the boy to make it a little easier to navigate the streets as he followed behind Alexandra, "There is a small scar, but it healed fairly well. I can now laugh again, better then ever really, I just need to start finding more things that are funny... How have you been?" He asked a little hesitant on if he should inquire if she had experienced any more black-outs.

He stopped in the rain as a man pulled a pistol on him, did he think they were trying to kidnap him? Verrin looked to Alexandra almost to ask if she could handle this one as his hands were a little full, and he didn't want to just drop him into the wet street, and they needed to get him out of the rain, "Calm down," Verrin said trying to keep the situation under control. He wasn't too worried for his or the teenagers safety because, on some level, he trusted Alexandra to act if he did fire, but if he did fire, Verrin was faced with the problem that the odds are the bolt would hit the boy in his arms which was not something he would allow, "I am a Jedi. From the Temple," he tried to turn his body, making sure to move slow as to not spook the other man, "See? That is my lightsaber," he said as the curved-cylinder shaped object hang from his belt.

"We found him abandoned in an alleyway and are now trying to get him someplace dry before he gets sick, if you want, you can follow us and keep your gun pointed at my back, but I ask that you do not shoot unless I, or my fellows, try to attack you," Verrin said trying to be as diplomatic as possible.

[member="Rendom Axel"] [member="Leon Pride"] [member="Alexandra Cinthra"] [member="Xyhn-Drez"]

Alexandra Feanor

Alexandra had just watched the two as they conversed, not really in the mood to talk to anyone that was in a rather quick to fire mood. With one eye on the soldier and another on the street in front of her she moved without caring really who decided to get in her way, diverting them easily with one....pleasant glance before returning her eyes to the soldier. Remembering Verrin's question a minute after the whole scene she spoke once more. "Ive been fine Verrin, been keeping a constant time check on myself, only a few blackouts where my memory fades, though sometimes i lose more than just a few minutes, actually lost a few days some time back but i don't think it was important. From what i remember i was never around someone when i blacked out and i made sure to make a note every time i was alone with someone... Whats your name?" Her eyes found their way to [member="Xyhn-Drez"] and [member="Leon Pride"], curious as to who they were, the girl she had seen before back on Crystalsong but never asked. [member="Rendom Axel"] @Verrin Ris'To

"Drez." She answered [member="Alexandra Cinthra"] quickly, casting a wary glance to [member="Rendom Axel"] . Were all people so quick to point a gun? But her gaze drifted to [member="Leon Pride"] , more curious on his answer then anything else. And curious on if he would be fine. She was still ignoring the rain though, obviously unaffected. Wonderful thing about being a dragon, they only take half damage from water.

Kalo's liver was like a stone block, sitting at a table he began to review what his options were, guzzling down drink after drink. slowly exhaling, he unclogged his mind from the files on the booth he sat in to take a look around the establishment he had stumbled on. Run down. the lights were dim and yellow, while creatures of all variations gathered on the inside to conduct business, no doubt illegal.

restlessly he rubbed his eyes, and took another swig of his drink, taking a look outside to notice the rain. "rain, on coruscant, huh" he mumbled to himself with a chuckle. Getting up from his booth, he felt a slight urge to stumble from the alcohol, but he had learned to fight it. Long nights helped him gather such skills. with long but slow strides he made his way to the doorstep, taking a look outside in the rain. Feeling the sweat on his head, he felt the need to drown himself in the heavenly cool liquid. Taking another step into the rain, he felt an instant relief on his body, as his already dirty investigator suit became drenched.

Kalo took a look around, trying to remember how he became of this place, and how to return home. Instead, he came upon the sight of a trooper, heavily armed. His flashbacks of war and death flooded his mind, and all he could see was violence. normally, he would brush off the thoughts, but from Kalos combat training, he could tell this man was ready for a battle of some sorts. there were a few other people in front of him, one was a jedi from what he could tell, but the others were vague silhouettes. using the rain to mask the sounds of his footsteps, Kalo found a vantage point behind some boxes, trying to get a peek about the happenings.
He pulled out his blaster, for assurance. "hopefully.... hopefully, he wont have war training as well" Kalo thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom