Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Galactic Republic University

Untitled-2.jpg
The Galactic Republic University is all the remains of the once prestigious University of Coruscant. Started by the original faculty of UC, the GRU was moved to the new capital planet Onderon, but with a greatly expanded mandate of offering a wide range of educational subjects to ALL members of the Galaxy regardless of their allegiance.

Students of every species, every planet, and every political alignment are welcome to attend, provided they are accepted.

Subjects
The GRU is divided into Six Cardinal Colleges houses in one of the six main towers of the University. Within each Cardinal are various subordinate areas of study. They are as follows:
  • Celestials - Devoted to science.
  • Justice - Devoted to history, politics and law.
  • Numerals - Devoted to math, finance, accounting and business.
  • Thought - Devoted to theology, philosophy, and literature.
  • Creation - Devoted to music, art, and drama.
  • Origins - Devoted to engineering, architecture, and computation.

Degrees

Students may obtain a number of degrees in any subject. The degrees are awarded based on one of the six Cardinals and note specific degrees in individuals subjects. The degrees offered by the GRU are as follows:
  • Initiates
    All students must complete one year of general study before declaring which Cardinal they will study.

[*]Associates
  • This takes an additional year where the Initiate will study in one of the Cardinals under any subject.
  • Eg. Associates of Celestials.

[*]Bachelors
  • This takes an additional two years continuing in the Cardinal the student has chosen.
  • Eg. Bachelor of Creation

[*]Master
  • This can take anywhere for an additional two to four years.
  • Eg. Master of Justice

[*]Doctor
  • This can take any number of years of advanced study.
  • Eg. Doctor of Origins

Organization
The GRU has a very formal and complex hierarchy that has been in place for thousands of years since its time on Coruscant. It is very closely adhered to and revered throughout the galaxy as one of the most respectable organizations in history.

The Board of Governors: A group of very influential, but mysterious individuals who govern the finances and hold final say over all matters at the University. They are all appointed by the Prime Minister of the Galactic Republic and confirmed by the Senate, but have come from all species and walks of life. They number at 151 with one among them serving as Chairman.

The President of the Galactic Republic University: Appointed by the Board this person holds complete authority over University administration. The current University President is a member of the mysterious "Yoda species" named Targon Paramithian. He has overseen the operations of the University for over 700 years and holds a Doctorate in all but one of the Cardinal Colleges.

The Cardinal Provosts: Under the President is the Cardinal Council of Provosts, the individual administrators who oversee each of the Six Cardinal Colleges. They have almost complete authority over their individual colleges and together they advise the President on matters concerning the University.

The College Deans: Within each Cardinal College are a collection of lesser colleges devoted to specific fields of study such as medicine, law, and history. Each of these subordinate colleges has a Dean who oversees the faculty of each discipline. There are over 100 of these faculty members.

Department Chairs: Within each Discipline are a number of subjects, each chaired by a member of the Faculty.

Professors: These members are of the teaching staff are tenured and of the highest rank.

Fellows: These are visiting members of the staff with all the privileges afforded to full professors.

Assistant Professors: These professors do not have tenure.

Instructors: These are the lower tier educators and typically teach only remedial subjects.

Faculty & Students
If you would like your character to hold a title as a member of the faculty, benefactor, current student OR graduated student, just post below. This can help explain your character's educational background!

Faculty:
Targon Paramithian - NPC President
@Cecily de Demici - Professor of Galactic Law
[member="Bal'gul"] - Professor of Occult Studies and Mythology

Graduates:
Cecily de Demici - Doctor of Justice, College of Galactic Law

Students:

NOTE: This university IS located on Onderon and is paid for primarily by the GR, however, it is entirely possible for a member of the One Sith to be here teaching History of Bogan or something. The college is non-political.

Rose Kuhn

R
I don't need no edumacation.

Sidenote; A while back I was legit going to make Titan University but was too lazy to follow through. I think its a neat idea and love that someones done something similar.

If you read Bal'gul's biography you might find something of interest, [member="Cecily de Demici"]. He was a former Professor of Mythology and Occult Studies.

He'd like to apply for the same position as a professor (with tenure) at the GRU.

Should you desire a guest-speaker on matters of Archaeological significance, I would gladly be willing to lend my practice. However, I cannot work full-time as a faculty member--There's too many projects to delve into across the stars.

[member="Cecily de Demici"]

I truely wish I wasn't built with my faction and building a Hyperlane, otherwise being a teacher for your science branch would be a lot of fun. Best of luck on this, sounds like a lot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom