Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Funny Little Day

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
-Coruscant-

Sitting in the park, Jasmine just read her diary which was covered with blue plain covers with only a few words on it. It was a great day and lots of people seemed to enjoy it too. Coruscant wasn't a good planet because of its lack of nature, so these few parks which Jasmine had found were her favourite places on the planet. Well, obviously after the Jedi Temple. It had become her home. It had become a building she couldn't imagine her life without.

She was brought there many-many years ago. Becoming a Youngling was one of the best things in her life. Being one of the Lancaster sisters was not at all a good nor an easy thing, but the fact, that she had got her Force-sensitivity because of it, made her feel good.

After turning to the most recent page, Jasmine sighed. She hadn't wrote anything into her diary for nearly a month. Why did nothing besides the Jedi Code come into her mind? Why was it the only thing that she could write down? What was wrong with her inspiration?

Today she wore her typical Jedi Padawan attire, which meant, that people easily understood who she is. Some little kids often came to her so that they could see some "Jedi Magic". The nickname these child had given to the Force made Jasmine both happy and yet... so angry. She didn't like it, that most people didn't know anything about the Force. But after all, she had to accept it.

@[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Thurion had been on Coruscant for a few days now, along with his baby girl, yet he had not paid a visit to the lush gardens his beloved Master Asha showed him over ten years ago. It was about time, to say the least. Dressed in his inconspicuous robes, loosely covering his humble attire underneath, Thurion wandered aimlessly through the green gardens and colourful flowery fields. His senses tingled with pleasure at the many lovely scents, the bright colours and soothing atmosphere surrounding him. They made him feel eight years old again, and at every turn he expected Asha to be sitting, meditating in the soft grass. Revisiting places of his past never failed to combine pain and pleasure into a perfect blend, a slightly saddened smile appearing on his face. Nina was aboard his ship, having her midday nap like usual. This gave him time to explore the city-planet for himself, without a four-year-old to care for, yet her wellbeing would always be on his mind.

He was far from the only one enjoying himself in the huge park, as people were sitting around the little ponds, picnicking amidst the green grass or among the trees. Only one of them were visiting this place alone, however, sitting upon a park bench with a book in her lap. Her padawan robes were easily discernable from the rest, and approaching her he noticed her to be a young woman, barely an adult by the looks of it. His hands clasping behind his back, he came up behind her and couldn't help but notice what she had written down. "The Jedi Code", he mumbled to himself louder than he had intended. Assuming the girl had taken notice to him, his cheeks blushed as his own words caught him off-guard. "Forgive me, I didn't mean to intrude upon your privacy, padawan."

@[member="Jasmine Lancaster"]

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
"The Jedi Code."

Obviously frightened, Jasmine quickly closed her diary, even though there was nothing to be afraid of. It was just the Jedi Code, an older version of it. It was definitely not something a person should hide, but it was her first reaction. Looking behind, Jasmine saw a man who had quite a strong-looking body. He had golden hair and facial hair. His clothing told the girl nothing about who he is, though she thought she noticed the Force's presence in him.

"Forgive me, I didn't mean to intrude upon your privacy, padawan."

And he knew the Jedi ranks. Looked like he was a Jedi, maybe. At least judging by his knowledge and the Force.

"No, that's OK..." Jasmine replied while she moved, making some room on the bench. "Please, sit down," she continued kindly. Typically she wasn't that friendly, but the day was beautiful. How could a being be disrespectful, grouchy on such a day when the sun is shining, the park is full of kids and happy people, and there are no responsibilities.

@[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] (sorry for the short post. You most likely know the reason...)

Truth be told he had hardly spoken to anyone since arriving on Coruscant, and this lonesome woman offered her company, thus he could never bring himself to refuse such a kind offer. Taking a seat beside her on the bench, he straightened his robes so as to not mess them up by sitting on them. His hands rested on his knees as he turned his head towards the girl beside him. "It's a beautiful day, is it not?" he proclaimed smiling like the sun itself. "I haven't been to Coruscant for some time - ten years, to be exact." Looking around at the happy people surrounding the scene brought such joy to this man, as he relished in their smiles and laughter. Looking back to the woman, Thurion turned his attention to the book in her lap. "You wonder how I know about the Jedi Code? You'd be surprised how many times I've had to memorise it by heart, including all those that came before the one currently in use. But doing so would always put a smile on my master's face, and therefore I was more than happy to." Leaning forward to let elbows touch kneecaps, he rested his head in his hands as he gazed straight ahead at the people before him, letting out a sigh.

Noticing a small child struggling to climb a tree to get to his ball stuck atop the tree branches, Thurion merely looked at the ball to make it fall to the ground, much to the boy's joy. He chuckled to himself as he watched the boy embrace his favourite toy and return to his parents. Again returning his attention to the young woman beside him, he sat back up with his back straightened. "You take the Jedi Code very seriously, don't you?" he asked her gently, not wishing to provoke her in any way. Some people can be very private about their thoughts and feelings, and so he would not intrude more than necessary, unless she'd let him.

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
"The Jedi Code is the only thing which I am sure about. The world changes so quickly, every day new planets are found, new technology is developed, new people are born. The galaxy is not a peaceful place. But the Jedi Code... It's more than just life philosophy, it's... everything. During most of my life, I have had to live according to it, I have had to recite it every day, but not to somebody else, but to myself. I like the way Jedi think, how they act. And that's why I'd never become as corrupted as many people..." Jasmine spoke. She felt good talking to someone again. She was an introvert, so mostly she avoided just talking with people she didn't know. But this time... this person... was different.

"I'm Jasmine, by the way," she finally said while the corners of her mouth moved upwards, turning into a smile. Her perfectly white teeth were shown. She knew many people were struggling to keep their teeth clean and beautiful, but she never had these worries. Maybe it came from genes?

She put her diary away into her little dark blue bag on which sunshines landed on top of. Sighing again, Jasmine understood it's one of the most beautiful days in the recent times. The boy who got his ball back seemed happy and maybe a bit surprised too; she wasn't sure; but Jasmine knew it was a Force trick, probably made by the man sitting next to her.

"Hmm..." Thurion pondered, nodding sagely. "The Jedi Code is a set of guidelines, meant to do just that; guide us. It instructs us how to do our duty to the Force and the people of the galaxy. What I have come to realise throughout my training is that you mustn't let it govern your life. You are free to choose your own path in life, just like any other being, as long as you keep the good of the innocent in mind when choosing." He was not a member of the Jedi anymore, nor did he share their strict lifestyle, but that was not to say he did not believe in their ideals. As she introduced herself, Thurion reached for her hand and brought it to his lips. A delicate kiss was placed upon it, followed by his name. "Pleased to meet you, Jasmine. My name is Thurion." His action had been a daring one, to take such liberties in kissing her hand, but he thought nothing of it and caringly placed it back down in her lap.

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
"Indeed..." Jasmine was pleased to meet Thurion. The way he acted made her feel honoured, something she hadn't felt in a long time, if not never... "Since you know so much about the Jedi Code, I'm assuming you're a Jedi or at least have been one?" She smiled again, which was a sign, that she is interested in conversation... or it was just a beautiful day. Probably both of them. "Like I've said, I have been a Jedi for basically all my life, starting as a Youngling long time ago and now, only some time ago reaching the status of Jedi Padawan. My sister was a Jedi too, for a short time." She took a strand of her hair and moved it away from her face. A sudden breeze had covered the girl's face with her dark hair, so now she moved them away, strand by strand.

Thurion could do nothing but smile back at her while listening to her story, almost about to remove the strands of hair covering her face himself. "Aye, I once called this place 'home', and the Jedi were once my family." He turned his gaze to the lush plantlife before and around them. "My master used to take me here to train and teach me the ways of the Force. It is a place very dear to my heart because of it." He made a gesture towards the nearby fountain, surrounded by sparkling water. "I once stubbed my toe against that very same stone fountain while playing hide-and-seek with her, only allowed to use the Force to locate her." Thinking of it made Thurion rub his foot against the ground, as if remembering how much it hurt. While doing so he made a humorous frown to emphasise his joking mood, followed by a chuckle. "When she decided to leave the Order, I followed; she was my everything back then, both my mother and master. She found me when I was but a small boy and took me on as her padawan. She... brought me back to life, one might say. I owe her everything." His face verged on mournful the longer he would speak about Asha, but luckily he noticed this himself and decided to change the subject. "Tell me, what brings a padawan to this place all by herself? Don't you have any friends to spend your time with?"

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
The story of Thurion was interesting, to say the least. Emotions in it made Jasmine feel a bit bad, mostly because she had had a great childhood. Well, besides the "little" tragedy which changed her life forever. "I find this place to be the best on Coruscant. Here I could meditate, just spend my time, write in my diary. It's a place which resembles peace. Even though there's always so much noise here and people move past me every moment, I still find this place... peaceful and quiet. I don't have much friends, only a few. I'm not even sure if they are my real friends. But it's not like people don't like me at all, I think. I just don't need friends. Sometimes they can be everything for a person, as much as I have heard. But I feel more comfortable with my diary, the Jedi Code, and peace." She took a deep breath after she had finished her story and also uncovering her face. "I have been friends with many people, but after some thinking about life, I've found out, that the most important thing is not socializing with someone. It's your family - the people you can always trust. My sister has helped me much. Basically she raised me when my parents turned into alcoholics. But I think I need some time off now."

"Do you have any family?"

"Friends are more important to some than they are to others, I suppose." As she asked him about his family, Thurion's smile slowly disintegrated as he looked away, back at the fountain. His eyes lost themselves in the crystal clear water and subconciously counted the tiny rings upon the surface created by every leaf falling. "If you're asking about family by blood, then no. I had an older brother once, long ago. He... died in a fire, saving my life in the process. Shortly after that my master found me and took care of me. She's gone too, since several years back." He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again, a smile returning to him. "I have an apprentice now; Nina's her name. She's just a little girl, only 4 years old, and yet... more brave and sweet than anyone I know. She's my new family, and I have sworn to protect her."

He shifted his gaze back to the girl at his side, looking her over. She seemed a shy girl, intelligent and good-natured. "Who is your master, Padawan Jasmine? Have you been assigned to one?"

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
"That is really sad to hear... But good luck with your Apprentice!" Jasmine said. Hearing about these things, or actually, about Thurion's life in general, was quite depressing, mostly because his life seemed depressing. That was one of the things they had in common. "I had a Master... I don't know, maybe you have heard, by any chance, about Jedi Knight Nala Tu. Well, she disappeared, so I couldn't finish my training. I have tried to train independently for some time, but... it's not very easy and definitely not favoured by the Jedi High Council." At that moment, she was still very... loyal. But Jasmine, a lot stronger than her older sister, was not loyal at all. Though... this time seemed to be a bit different.

"I'm sorry, the name doesn't ring a bell." Of course, he was but a child when last hearing about Jedi buisness, but even then he doubted he'd ever heard the name before. "It's an admirable thing, to take your training into your own hands. To me, that shows a will to learn, to improve one's grasp of the Force and become a better person because of it. I can understand the caution of the Council, however, as the lonesome road without an experienced presence may often times lead one astray." Keeping his eyes set on Jasmine's, his sapphire blue eyes piercing hers, Thurion made a subtle gesture to make the nearby tree branches shiver, sending a score of crimson red apples down to the soft grass below. Two of them he catched mid-air and hovered them over to him and the girl. "Hungry?" He snatched one of them from the air as it came within reach, taking a large bite out of it. "They're still as tasty as I remember them, this time of year..." he said while chewing, relishing the sweet taste and scent.

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
"Indeed... I would like to be a strong Force-user, but it's really difficult... Especially when training alone," Jasmine replied simply to Thurion's speech. She took a short break to think. It was a bit uncomfortable being there in the shining sun. The air temperature wasn't really high, but Jasmine's hair, which was seriously dark, had become rather hot. "Unlike some other people, I find the Jedi ways to be the most disciplined. Yes, I haven't heard much about other disciplines, but I think they are not quite as good as the Jedi Order's. I may be wrong, though."

As the branches of nearby trees started shivering, Jasmine understood the man was doing something again. Apples were supposed to be really good at that time. She hadn't had much time to come here to think about life lately, eating some apples, laying on the warm grass or sitting on the bench... Two of these apples which had fallen down, started moving towards them and the girl understood exactly what Thurion is going to do.

"Hungry?"

Jasmine smiled and maybe her cheeks got a little shade of pink, blushing, but she took the second apple. "Thank you!" Taking the first bite of this beautiful apple, she already felt deliciousness. Apples had been one of her favourite fruit in her childhood. Being not too expensive, her family - not the drunkard parents, of course, but Lilith - had managed to afford them. The young girl hadn't tasted many types of fruits, but maybe she didn't even want to.

Looking at the man again and gazing into his blue eyes, she asked: "Have you been to many planets? And what do you think about the ones you have been to?"

Thinking for a moment, he scratched the back of his neck followed by a stroke of his beard. "I've been to a few places, yes. I was born on Pelagon - you wouldn't have heard about it, it's a inconspicuous place - and was then brought to Tython. I've been to Coruscant many times in my youth, obviously. Then there was Teth, Nar Shaddaa, Umbara... By no means do I call myself an explorer of worlds, but I guess not many as young as me have been to as many places in such short a time. I'd say I was lucky, but luck had nothing to do with it." He pondered a bit more. "From what I've come to know and what I've seen, there are not two identical planets in the galaxy. Every single little star you see at night has its own tale to tell, and secrets to share or withhold. And whenever you look up at the nightsky, know that countless others look back down on you, wondering the same thing about you." He smiled at her with the warmth only he could pull off, noticing her delighted munching of the apple he'd given her. For a second he flashed back to him and Kära as young children, sitting in their secret spot a eating apples matching the one currently in his hand. With that in mind, he took another large bite out of it, chewing it loudly. "Have you been on Coruscant your whole life, then?"

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
"Interesting... I myself have, indeed, been on Coruscant for all of my life, if I remember correctly. My parents became drunkards a long time ago and I wasn't very old when it happened. They were some kind of... middle-class. We had money and we managed to live with it, but... we couldn't buy anything good, more expensive either. After we lost the support of our parents, me and my sister had to live with what we had. She supported me, I think she even went to work to earn some money in order to have something to pay with to have some food. Apples were one of the things we often bought or... got... Sometimes we had some food for longer than just a week, sometimes we had to starve. I believe my life is not as tragic as yours though," Jasmine spoke. She took another bite of the apple, felt its taste, chewed it, then swallowed it and continued: "I believe we didn't even leave the quarter where out home was. We didn't have money for that. We sometimes went on 'field trips'," she said with a smile, "which... were to the local park or a low-class café or something similar. But, well, we never got the chance to leave Coruscant."

She thought a bit, looking into distance behind Thurion, just holding the apple in her hand. "But it's the past and we can't change it. What matters the most, is the present time."

The story of how she and her sister had to fend for themselves hit him hard. It was if he was punched in the gut with an iron bar. "I... know the feeling, Jasmine. All too well..." He grew solemn for a moment, remembering his early years with his older brother taking care of him, but he decided not to bring her down by telling her of his past. As she said, what matter is the present. "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift. That is why it's called the present." It was something Master Teynara had told him a long time ago, when the death of Asha was still fresh in his mind. To be able to pass the saying down to another student of the Force was a gift in its own. "Tell me... what do you hope to accomplish in life, Jasmine? Other than be granted knighthood by the Council? What are your hopes and dreams?"

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
"Tell me... what do you hope to accomplish in life, Jasmine? Other than be granted knighthood by the Council? What are your hopes and dreams?"

This question... Jasmine hadn't thought about it much, but she knew something she'd love to do... or know. "I don't have many dreams, but there is something in my past that bothers me. I remember only some details about it and I'd like to know what actually happened. I guess that's it. Even though I have other dreams and thoughts and... goals... I don't have anything that big," was the answer Jasmine gave to the question.

"Maybe I'd like to meet my sister again one day, but I know it's most likely not possible." She looked at the children playing around the park, throwing balls and catching them, throwing frisbees, just running around. Their lives seemed so... easy.

"Maybe one thing is, that I'd like to have a peaceful break from all my worries, all the Jedi life on a little, beautiful planet. Maybe on Naboo... or on Lunar Meadow. I have heard they are beautiful. Of course there are other planets which may be amazing also. I just haven't heard about them." She turned back to Thurion.

"But tell me, have you achieved your dreams? Have you accomplished what you have always dreamed about?"

"No..." That was all he could say at the moment, for it was the truth. He had one very simple goal in life; to protect innocent lifeforms. It didn't matter who or which, but he could not bear to see injustices befall those undeserving of them. Safeguarding others was what he had trained for all his life, it was why he chose to join Asha and become her apprentice all those years ago. It was his one, singular purpose. "...I have not." Of course, being able to watch his little Nina grow up would always be a concern of his, as would reuniting with his beloved Kida. Thinking of her, he raised his hand to trace the lines of the scar adorning his forehead, received when guarding her from the bandits on Nar Shaddaa during the Silent Conclave's efforts to help the victims of war there. "My only wish is to help people, in any way possible. It's what has driven me for so long, and nothing grants me more peace of mind than being able to grant others the peace they seek." Looking back at Jasmine, he managed a slight smile to lighten the mood. "What do you specialise in, Padawan? Do you have any special skills?"

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
"I have learned some Force powers and... sensing it and everything, but not much else. I'd like to learn about lightsaber combat too, to keep my powers balanced. I am not a knowledge-seeking type of Jedi, but I am not a warrior either. I think I'm like... a Jedi Sentinel type of person. I love using the Force and lightsaber skills, but I also love other, Non-Sensitive things like stealth and medicine..." Jasmine spoke. "But, well, lightsaber combat is my highest priority at the moment." She smiled and took the last few bites of her apple. And once again, she understood how fine the day was.

"But... you are a former Jedi, right? Maybe you could teach me, if it's not too much?"

@Thurion Heavenshiel

The request was rather sudden, to ask him to train her. He only needed a moment to think of an answer, though. Rising from the park bench, he held out his hand to the padawan in a gracious manner, slightly bowing. "I would be happy to, my dear." As she placed her delicate hand in his, Thurion lead her over to one of the grassy fields, one where they would have little trouble with kids running around. People were picnicking in select spots around them, but none were in any danger of getting hurt by their soon-to-be antics. Once they found the best spot, Thurion removed his robes to expose his humble attire, creamy white in colour, although the bright sunlight made it stand out moreso. He let his robes fall to the grassy ground where he stood before picking it up and tossing it to the side. "Now then, have you ever had a lecture in lightsaber combat before, Jasmine? Do you know about the basics of Shii-Cho, the first of the Lightsaber Forms?" His hands clasped behind his back, he watched her as she made the preparations necessary. With the two of them having created somewhat of a training area just by preparing themselves, nearby visitors began to take notice, and slowly closed in on the two for a better view of what was to come. "Looks like we'll have an audience", he said, amused of the circumstances. "Pay them no attention. This is just you, me, and the Force at work."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom