Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fractured Planet [Republic Remnant Dominion of Makeb]

Erran could never get used to wearing civilian clothes no matter how much a mission deemed it necessary. He felt odd and out of place without his armor and weapons on him. He was still armed of course, but without his recon armor and gear he felt exposed. Covert missions were always like this, no gear, no real help from anyone; using your own wits and special talents to try and outsmart whoever you were up against.

He had been scouring Makeb for any sort of mention of the troops the Remnant had sent that disappeared. Intel had been gathered about some type of imperial involvement; but it was unknown to what extent. Erran did not know if the troopers had been killed or captured, or worse. Not knowing what fate had fallen those men kept him going when he was wearing himself down.

He had thought he might have found a lead in a small bar, where some smugglers were talking about taking some "special" cargo off-world. When he investigated the lead further, it turned out they were transporting some type of illegal weapons, but they knew nothing of the men the Remnant had sent.

Now Erran continued to comb any leads he could find on the planet in an attempt to locate the team.

He tried to comm Ever with an update, "Ever, its Erran, I'm still looking but I have found no mention of our team yet. Do you have anything?"

Erran looked around while he waited for Ever to respond. He hoped she had something because it was taking him too long to find anything and he was worried for the men. He did not know what state they were in or what help they needed.

[member="Ever Dawnracer"]

Ever Dawnracer

E
Ever picked up her comlink when she heard Erran's voice calling for her. She wished he hadn't used her name, but their frequency was heavily encrypted so the chances of anyone actually gleaning anything from it were slim. Unless, of course, the Imperials they knew were on the planet just happened to have cyberwarfare gear with them, which seemed unlikely. That kind of equipment was mostly reserved for ships or serious communications installations.

"One possible lead. Someone is selling nerfs, it seems. Give me a moment," she said, turning back to the others.

They were still negotiating with whomever was on the other end of the sale. They were also arguing with each other on what was the best offer to make, which wasn't unheard of. The two were siblings, after all. While siblings in the same unit had it's downsides, like the obvious display of sibling rivalry she was witnessing, it had perks, too. For example, they tended to work in unison when they were focused. Fluid work like they did was valuable.

Finally they had something, though, and one of the two came over to show her a location on their digitized map of the city. She studied it and nodded her head.

"Erran, I'm sending you some coordinates. Meet me there."

She transmitted the coordinates to him and then donned her full attire again before vacating the facility. It was early day, she'd clearly slept a long time, and she maneuvered past numerous people heading g off to their daily jobsas she approached a three story office building that she let herself I side of before making her way to the top floor where she could discretely look out a window at the warehouse across the street. That was their target.

[member="Erran Lanith"]

Harley Fenstermacher

remeber it's not personal, just buiness
[SIZE=13.5pt]Objective 3 (Don't fuc with this senator)[/SIZE]
Goal: 'Weapons testing' yer that

Well this was a new development, Harley was not expecting special forces, but then again who did, and while Jax and his head decided to raid the compound guess it was time to see how well the AP-JT did with air targets. "Captain have the walkers focus on Anti-air as see if we can knock those imperial fighters from the sky". As per command the AP-JT's rotary cannon opened up onto the new enemies, though now powerful by themselves just the shear number of them and array of fire made a very difficult obstetrical to overcome. Along the sky blue streaks of blue blaster bolts few, pounding the enemy ships sides, almost like a way of death upon all those who go into firing distance. "Ah what lovely fire works, don't you agree captain"?
Said commanding officer just giving a worried nod to the Echani, not really sure how to gauge the rather ecstatic man, they where in a war zone, so why was he so happy? Politicization and all, hard to gander what was really going through there mind.

Erran got the coordinates from Ever soon after. He checked the schematics of the city and soon found the place Ever had sent to him to meet up. Before he made it that way though, he retreated back to the small apartment he had been using as his base of operations in the system. He geared up and left no trace behind of who had been there.

As he walked out of the apartment building and into the busy streets, he noticed the people of the city going about their daily lives, driving to work, getting caf, breakfast, or whatever else one might do in the early morning. He made his way to the area where Ever's coordinates were and attempted to not stand out so he would not draw suspicion. It would not work out now to have his cover blown when they might have a decent lead.

Erran thought back to what Ever said about the nerfs. He doubted anyone was actually selling any nerfs here, but the fact they would use something so common could mean many different things. Nerfs were unrealistic in this area to sell or purchase, so anyone using something so out of character for this place could mean Erran and Ever might be walking into a trap. Erran shrugged his shoulders to himself and sighed, he honestly didn't care if they walked face first into a Sith lord as long as he got those men back.

Erran made his way into the area of the city where Ever's coordinates were pointing. As he got near he looked around and noticed many storage and small office buildings. It was a warehouse district, decently remote with not much foot or vehicle traffic. Erran made his way into a vacant office building and let himself into a small office which had a good view of the warehouse where Ever's coordinates were located.

Erran picked up his comlink and keyed in Ever's frequency, "I'm here. What's our status?"

Lilla Syrin

A great leap forward often requires first taking t
Objective: Two

Within an hour, there were news crews everywhere. And despite many insistencies, Lilla declined to be interviewed – but did agree to be in the holo-vid as part of the negotiating team that stood behind the guide and Senior Vice President of the mining corporation as they spoke to the assembled press.

From what had been a precarious situation in a nondescript mine, everyone had come up smelling of the sort of exotic perfume only sold in the most exclusive boutiques on Coruscant.

The miners were heroes – defending the property from forces of the dark side. The corporation seem to have come out as heroes, for engaging the Jedi and Republic in resolving the issue of the dark sided artefacts. And the Republic, by extension, came out with a hugely positive dose of PR – seen as peacemakers, selfless mediators and protectors of even unaligned planets.

By the time the press left, Lilla’s face ached from holding a smile that threatened to escalate from semi-permanent to permanent. And as she headed back to her shuttle, she noticed the high-rollers were sitting down with some ranking politicians and advisors from the Republic. Maybe this small mission was the tipping point in setting up a favourable trade agreement?

Time would tell, and Lilla’s part was most definitely played. But she had taken the part well and delivered to the best of her ability. Her Master would be proud – if pride was something Jedi were permitted to do.

Lilla doubted it and rubbed her cheeks and jaws. Maybe some Healing Meditation would ease the ache.

Endless data moved in continous streams of motion on the device held in Marcus' hand. Soon, he'd unlock the secrets of the imperial facility and hack into their systems. "This might take some time. Esdee, keep me covered, I've almost got it cracked." The droid kept vigilant, watching his master's back in case of any threat. The device began running to possible combinations in order to break through the many firewalls blocking Marcus from getting into the mainframe.

"Almost there...and got it! We're in." The device revealed the inner security of the facility along with other useful information. "Esdee, We're on the move. Stick close and check your corners."

"Roger, roger." The SD-10 replied.

Ever Dawnracer

E
"I haven't seen any movement," she said as she continued to watch.

Erran had clearly, and wisely, decided to keep separate from her, which made them less of a target. It would also make it difficult for the Imperial operatives to spot them. She was more or less certain that what they were looking at was a trap. Thanks was why they had seen nothing, and why they would continue to see nothing. They would wait inside and force them to come inside before facing them. Undoubtedly there were none of the missing operatives inside.

That didn't mean it was a bad idea to spring the trap, though. They had the opportunity to walk in as if they were unaware and reverse the trap. She considered it for a few moments and then checked to see how much ammo she had on her before deciding that it would be enough to serve their purposes.

"How well equipped are you? I think we ought to spring their trap and take care of them."

Wasn't a good idea to spring a trap without taking inventory.

[member="Erran Lanith"]

Harley Fenstermacher

[SIZE=13.5pt]Objective 3 (Don't fuc with this senator)[/SIZE]
Goal: 'Weapons testing' yer that

This where going swimmingly, if you could call TIE's falling out of the sky each second swimming more smashing if anything else... now Harley had the sudden urge to yell SMASHING in a over the top Coruscant accent, strange. "Senator all the enemy fighter have been taken care of, but we have seen that the enemy has deployed some old scout walkers", "So, kill them, you the commanding officer, I want to see how my product do in the battle field, do what you think is correct". "Um, yes ma- I mean sir... 'such a strange person', the captain muttered to himself before directing the HAT-NR3 hover tanks to intercept the imperial walkers.

The AAT looking crafts quickly entered into position, their rocket boosters closing the distance with great speed, on of the froward most task ramming into the enemy walkers legs, making the tall construct fall over. "Oh that is an interesting tactic, I will put that down in the description for those that want to buy it". This would be an interesting battle, he just hopped Jax could take care of things on his own end.

Erran continued to monitor the warehouse across from him for any signs of imperial activity. Of course there were none. I'm sure Ever was thinking the same thing he was, it was obviously a trap; but there was no other way for them to be able to find any information about the missing team. Erran was going through plans of action in his head about how they could gain the upper hand if it came to a confrontation inside the warehouse when Ever commed him,

"How well equipped are you? I think we ought to spring their trap and take care of them."

Erran checked, and then double checked his gear. He never took chances when it came to operations in the field, and because of that he was very well equipped for any task they might run into in that warehouse.

"I'm about as well equipped as I can get. As long as we keep our heads on a swivel we should be fine."

Erran waited for Ever's response as he continued to look at the warehouse. He started breathing evenly and getting himself ready for what would most likely be a confrontation. He methodically checking his blaster readouts and other gear he brought with him so he was ready when the time came.

Ever Dawnracer

E
Good, he was prepared then. She glanced around a few times to make sure the room she was in was still empty and then pulled a small device from one of her pockets. Holding it up to the window, she activated it, which caused it to cut a nice hole in the window, the glass sticking and allowing her to silently set it aside so as not to draw attention. Pulling out her slugthrower, she quickly checked the mags before nodding.

"Alright. I'm going to open some holes," she said through the comm to [member="Erran Lanith"]. "Pick your home when I'm done and let's hit them. Try and keep at least one alive."

She held her gun up to the hole.

"High Ex."

The gun clicked and she pulled the trigger. The first round arced through the air and slammed into the door. When it did, the doorexploded inwards, taking part of the wall with it. She fired three more times, opening two holes in the roof and another in the wall. That ought to throw them off on which hole to cover, which would split their attention at the worst. She doubted there was much more than a squad or two of them in there, anyway. Divide and conquer.

She made her way quickly back down to the lower level and out the back before moving down the alley where she could see across to the front of the building. When she was satisfied that they'd had time to panic, she ran across and slipped into the hole she'd made in the wall that was not where the door was. No blaster shots greeted her immediately so she ducked down behind a crate and prepared to start hunting.

Erran wasn't close to the roof section so the holes Ever made for him on the roof were not going to be easy to get too, and with Ever already moving, he was afraid he would leave her on her own inside to long. Erran left the office building he was at and sprinted for the warehouse across from him, specifically the hole in the main door. His boots ate up the space between his building and his target, and he came to a stop just outside the frame of the splintered door. He listened quickly and looked inside the broken door, gauging where he would be able to take cover at once inside.

There was a large open space just through the door, but to his luck, there was another door just adjacent to the cracked front door which was most likely a front office, he hoped. That was his target, he brought his blaster pistol up to high ready and breached through the door quickly, pushing past the open interior of the warehouse and into the door he had been aiming for. Luck must have been with him, as it was a small office room.

His luck ran out the second he crossed the door threshold as a blaster bolt sizzled past him and slammed into the wall to his left. At the opposite end of the room was a small L shaped office table, and behind it was an assailant who was already depressing the trigger of his blaster. The man was mostly hidden by the desk, which appeared to be some type of metal material. Erran processed this all within milliseconds of entering the room, and he quickly adjusted his aim and depressed his own trigger, sending several well aimed blaster bolts into the man.

The man behind the desk did not go down as fast as Erran had hoped, and he received a grazing blaster bolt to his abdomen because of it. Erran grunted in pain and quickly crossed the room and checked to make sure the man was down for good. Once Erran had secured the small room, he pointed his blaster at the door he had come through and checked the man he had downed for any type of comms or sensitive items. He found a regular datapad and comm, but nothing worth while. He still pocketed both just in case.

He crossed the room and looked out the door he had come in, trying to find his next target. He commed Ever, "I'm in, attempting to clear, one down."

Ever Dawnracer

E
"Copy. Bag 'em and tag 'em," she said as she moved softly through from one crate to another.

It was a really big place so it was hard to say exactly how many were in there, but she did come up behind one and managed to jack him with a stunning shit to the soft spot of his armor. She quickly tied him up and took his helmet away so he wasn't calling for help when he woke up, and then she moved on again. With one guy down she was then focused solely on eliminating any others she came across.

Down one hall she went, peeking around corners before crossing a hall or entering a room. As she entered one room she was greeted with shots from across the way, the bolts of energy lancing just past her head. She tucked into a roll and ended up with her back against a crate. A quick check of her gun told her she was good, so she popped around the side of the crate and unleashed a full clip of rounds on one of the guys, riddling him with holes.

The other nearly shot her nose clean off and she went back behind the crate.

"Incendiary."

Popping up over top she fired a shot which rained fire down upon the last of the Imperials in that particular room. He immediately started screaming and she stood to watch as he flailed on fire. A smirk touched her lips before she turned away and started reloading her gun. The more dead Imperials the better in her opinion. When she was reloaded she continued her hunt, knowing there were likely still others hiding around.

[member="Erran Lanith"]

Objective Three:
En Route to One of the Imperial Facilities​
Post one​
republic_divider_by_seventhsolar-dc15pmn.png

Mereel could feel the RRATD's flight path changing through the rattling in his boots. Sounds of gas cartridges being loaded and clanking armor plates filled the troop bay. Mereel slapped a fresh power cell into his Westar M5 and donned his helmet. His HUD sprang to life symultaneously with the repulsorlift drives of the gunship's stowed R-91 Liberator.

Across from where he was seated, a Republic soldier in light infantry armor bobbed his head up and down in acknowledgement to some message relayed to him on a communication channel that Mereel was not connected to. "Mando, we got word from intel that there are eight other facilities still left on the ground to be busted. We've adjusted course for the nearest facility. We should be there in T-minus twenty seconds."

Mereel nodded in response, "I hope we aren't expecting heavy enemy armor. Liberator's are IFVs."

This time a soldier wearing a heavier variant of armor sitting next to Mereel chimed in, "Hey, that's what I'm supposed to worry about pal."
The trooper nudged Mereel's shoulder with an arm holding a directed ordnance launcher.

"Whatever you say, just make sure you keep the barrel of that pointed away from me will you?"

Mereel was on edge, they were likely all on edge. The banter helped in a way, but it never really fully distracted you. A notification blipped into existence in the center of his HUD, he rapidly blinked three times and suddenly his helmet's audio was filled by the commotion of one of the squads' comm frequencies. Medical information began flowing onto the left side of his HUD for each of the squad's eight members.

A speaker burst into life in the troop bay. "Ramp lowering in ten seconds. LZ is hot. All soldiers, steer clear of the vehicle lowering platform."

Mereel freed the restraints on his seat, and prepped his feet to propel himself into action.

"Three.. Give 'em hell."

The troop ramp began lowering, and pale light flooded into the gunship's troop bay. The sound of blaster fire rang out from somewhere outside the troop bay, and the soldier sitting to the right of him was hit square in the shoulder as he was getting out of his seat. Two other soldiers got up before himself, each firing blaster bolts down the ramp as they jumped from the hovering gunship. Mereel stood from his seat, trained his Westar at the boarding ramp, and moved until he found himself standing on a landing pad on the planet's surface.

Harley Fenstermacher

[SIZE=13.5pt]Objective 3 [/SIZE]
Goal: eh, don't die?

"Well captain it seems my wares have done well right"? he asked the military commander with a bright smile. "Um yes, I think the battle is won now for the most part, perhaps we will be able to see your vehicles in our military lines at some point". "Maybe, but who know, anyhow I best be off, if the senate foud out I was in the middle of a battlefield they would throw a fit of some sort". Giving the captain a dismissive wave the Echani arms dealer started wandering back to his shuttle, knowing full well upon getting back to Nar Hasska that he would be greeted to a pile of paper work.

{Thread Exit, unless otherwise}

Ever Dawnracer

E
She didn't end up finding anyone else, as Erran seemed to be quite efficient at eliminating the resistance on his end of things. These Imperials weren't reallythat goodat their job anyway. She had seen far superior soldiers when facing forces of the First Order. There was a clear sense of malaise associated with the brand of Imperials that were clearly associated with the Galactic Empire. Suffice to say, she wasn't at all impressed with these guys.

As she made her way back to the one she had downed, she kept her weapon out and ready, just in case. There could have been someone hiding around. She didn't spot anyone, though, and she made it back to the downed guy without incident. He was still out cold, so she hefted him up to a seated position against one of the walls before she cracked his mouth open and looked around for a cyanide capsule. Never hurt to be cautious. She didn't find anything, though, so she crouched in front of him and smacked him across the face.

"Wake up," she said, slapping him until he did. "That's better. You going to give me the answers I need?"

"Kriff you."

"Thr hard way, then. Let's have some fun, shall we?"

She put her gun against his knee and pulled the trigger.

[member="Erran Lanith"]

Objective Three
Makeb Imperial Facility

His gaze was stern as Avin watched the first gunships make their landings on the outskirts of the Imperial Stronghold that had been their target and objective for the mission. The craft themselves seemed to create such a noise of cannon fire that even from his position with the falling second wave of RR-RDV landing craft he could feel the bass of high caliber shells and energy compression.

Avin turned and glanced upwards to see the normally emplaced blaster turret now replaced with a column near on 20 republic soldiers lining backward into the shadow of the ships hull. Each man looked almost comical with the large repulsor packs attached to their back. Their armor held the badge of honour of airbourne soldiers cast into each and every right shoulder plate with the other holding a seal of the Republic and their military forces. The Jedi made his way to the front of the platoon and made eye contact with their lieutenant before speaking.

"Lieutenant, our landing zone is going to have minimal cover terrain wise. For this reason, it is integral that your maneuver support section is given priority once those heavy blasters zero in on us. Jedi [member="Mereel Vaun"] and his main infantry landing force should draw the most of the enemy heavy guns however we will still face emplacements and section based automatic weapons. I will provide you with as much time as I can for you to establish your heavy weapons. After that, you will have to fight your way through the compound and regroup with the other airborne before moving to support the main attack force."

The lieutenant nodded as his own frown broke in order to respond.

"Your advice is gratefully noted Jedi Starfire, however, I fear that with the lack of sufficient fire support we may take heavy fire before we have even hit the ground. However, that is what we are paid for and the republic isn't going to be liberated without a little bloodshed." His attention ceased from Avin and turned to face the platoon of men stood within the landing craft. "We are going to hell boots first. Some of you will not make it back, but for everyone single one of us that goes down, I vow to personally take 10 of those fascist bastards in return." The troops seemed to stir and the mood picked up slightly as the rough voice of their officer filled the air.

The Officer gave Avin another nod before the hull was suddenly filled with pitch darkness the only light source now being a beaming red light above both doors.

"Airborne ready." Came the next shout from the officer. His short but solid frame showing through the light in drastic comparison to the tall and athletic build of Avin.

"Waho Airbourne!" Came the warcry of the other soldiers as if they were an aggressive choir of united voices filling the ship's hull. As the shout came to a halt natural light then poured into the canopy as the ship's doors retracted to an open position only to be followed by a transition of the red lights to those of a green color a loud buzzer soon followed before troops started to leap from either side of the aircraft in a pattern. As a soldier on the left of the dropship moved up to the door the other man would be jumping.

Avin stood back and watched as the line thinned down to the last troop and then after another shout the Lieutenant followed his troops out into the skies below leaving Avin alone in the aircraft. He started out at the swarm of dots that went plummeting towards the ground like stones from a bridge. He waited until he saw the first shimmer of blue lights erupt from the first wave's jump packs before making his own move.

"See you on the other side!" Avin yelled back towards the pilots thought they were unlikely to hear him as the opened canopy and thunder of AA fire seemed to make even the loudest of screams but whispers in comparison, and then he was gone, falling towards the open patch of terrain on which an exchange of blaster bolts now filled the air from here it almost looked like a light show or different colours streaming across at each other source.

A field 1000ft below
LT. John Somerset

Lieutenant John Somerset of the 16th Republic Air Assualt Brigade had made more than a few hot drops before yet this was the first he had made with his latest group of men. They had been brought in as backfill due to the high casualty rates of their missions. Some of his more veteran soldiers had taken to the newer fighting men and woman however many others were still to hold themselves from getting attached after the last warzone within which his platoon lost 80% of their initial manpower to be replaced by new recruits most of whom had been reservists or fresh trainees straight from the academy. Now he jumped again on another suicide mission into a war zone without any tanks and with a distinct lack of hardened men.

John stared intently at the altimeter on his wrist and watched it tick over into a red zone with which he felt the automated jolt of his repulsors kick in and slow his descent. He could start to hear the short band chatter of his men now and tuned into their PRR frequency to gain a better battle picture.

"This is sunray, sitrep over." A short pause cut into the radio chatter before a familiar voice of his platoon sergeant filled the net bringing him up to speed on the firing positions and maneuvers of each individual fire team. The sarge also filled him in on the casualties and equipment available soon after John made his own landing onto the terrain. He hit the hard earth below with a thud, his legs bending to take the impact before dropping the now expended drop pack from his back and letting it clank onto the ground below.

No sooner as he had hit the ground the first rounds started to come his way. The imperial heavy blaster's iconic buzz as if a swarm of hornets or wasps were charging your position filled his ears and the heat from their ever-exploding properties fell across his face that had grown cold from the endeavors of dropping at terminal velocity. John lifted his own weapon and fired a few rounds back before getting to his feet and sprinting in a diagonal pattern towards a rocky outcropping that now held his Sergeant and the platoon's heavy missile launcher.

He skidded in through the dirt as the weapons fire intensified on their position.

"Sarge where is the rest of three section we should have more rockets here than this."

Somerset had notice how only half of his support section now held position behind the outcropping and yet only the weapon itself had ammo as the other three members had been carrying a light mortar.

"Sir, we lost most of the echo fireteam to AA fire on the way down. We also lost Private Jones and half of 2 section to auto-blaster fire once we landed. Everyone else is either here with us or in that ditch." The Paratrooper pointed towards a pitch filled with soldiers firing back at the compound 300 hundred meters to their west.

"Sir what are our orders." The Seargent soon followed up his face weathered already from the intensity of fire coming in.

"Right this is the plan, get 1 section to flank further left into that ditch and then increase their concentration of fire on that auto. Once they get its attention I want 3 section to use one of our HE rounds on that launcher and knock out that gun. If that is successful then we use the mortar to shell the hell out of their position until either Z coy or that Jedi provides us with a lapse in fire big enough to move up into position. Alright, let's get this done." His orders were clear and concise with his normally gruff tone holding back for the passage of information.

As the men started to shift about he lent back and stared up at the sky before muttering to himself in almost prayerlike fashion.

"If your gonna do something, make it soon Jedi."

Objective Three:
Makeb Imperial Facility
Current Objective: Neutralize auto-blasters, heavy weapons emplacements, and AA batteries
Potential Allies: [member="Avin Starfire"]​
Post Two​
--​
He was definitely not the right Jedi for this job. He wondered if there had been some weird break in communication between tactical and the gunship pilots, or if there had been some freak accidental position transfer that had occurred because of a semi-buzzed ensign. Whatever the case, someone in tactical was going to be getting a serious earful from him and anyone that survived in his unit after this was all said and done.​
A mortar landed a meter away, sending heaps of dirt and gravel raining down on him and dusting a thin brown coating over his azure blue armor. Overheard, an RRATD gunship took a burst of flak from a nearby battery and caught fire before crashing down and exploding on a distant plateau. His grip on his Westar rifle tightened. Something has to give. I may not be the best Jedi for this task, but I can do something.
Mereel peeked over the edge of the ditch and zoomed in on the enemy compound using his helmet's rangefinder. He focused in on two auto-blasters positioned relatively close to each other, within 2 meters of each other close. There were two power blocks running the turrets between the two auto-blasters. Those two will do nicely. Alright, time to explode some skulls.
He waited for a moment when the auto-blasters started firing on an allied position a few meters to his left and deactivated his rangefinder, dropped his Westar, and propped it up beside him on the ditch's slope.​
He raised his left arm up to eye level, and slowly centered the wrist-rocket on his gauntlet with the energy block powering the auto-blaster on the left. He slowed his breathing and emptied his thoughts. The sounds of the battlefield drowned out around him. For Mereel, the only things that existed in that moment were his arm, the rocket, and the energy block. With a shrill screech, the rocket took flight from his arm.​
The auto-blaster gunners began turning their weapons too late, and halfway through their futile pivots toward the new threat, the rocket impacted the left power block between the two turrets. The wrist rocket exploded, and a roiling ball of flame engulfed the turrets and their operators. Mereel sighed and fell back into the ditch. Hopefully that would give the 16th Air Assault some relief.​

Kolab Morcant

K
Objective Three:
Makeb Imperial Facility
Current Objective: Neutralize auto-blasters, heavy weapons emplacements, and AA batteries

republic_divider_by_seventhsolar-dc15pmn.png

It was time to get this shark in the water. The shark in this case was the Karkarodon private impatiently close to the hanger door of the RRATD gunship as it made its descent towards the landing zone. Water, in this case, was the sea of blasterbolts being fired at said landing zone form the Imperial guns at the forward positions of his brothers in arms.

The ordinance launcher over his shoulder felt awkward within that finned grasp of his, far foreign from what he was used to carrying. Even with the last few weeks of his basic training having been focused on the operation, maintenance and tactics of using the bunker busting weapon it was strange not to have something up close and personal to deal the damage. Such as the scatter gun snugly secured to his back via a Republic issued harness. The worst possible thing to happen would be to drop your weapon when charging out of the gunships doors. Well, that or be shot in your seat. Or have the gunship go down from anti-air fire. Or stubbing your toe on the way out the door, falling over and then...being shot. That would be the absolute WORST way to have your first battle to go.

Kolab had little time to wait between the klaxon that resounded through the gunship to indicate that they were making the final approach into the hot LZ and the doors opening. The moment they were opened wide enough to get his lanky form through them, the Karkarodon scrambled his way through, rocket launcher in tow. He wasn’t even sure exactly -where- to go from here. Except forward. Hunkering down in a battle was a fine way to get yourself cooked by those Imperial guns, the spray of one firing just over his head at the gunship he’d vacanted mere moments ago, turning it into a pile of slag. Exactly how many of his fellow troopers had time to exit it were unknown.

They could be mourned later. It was time to FIN-ish this fight! The best defense against auto turrets was, in his opinion, was to get so close to the damn things they couldn’t take aim at you. The next best way to handle them was to take a big ol’ bite out of any gunner crew that controled them. So, why not do both?

Running zig zag, head kept down in an effort not to have it blasted off, Kolab just kept advancing towards the Imperial frontline. Would any other troopers be willing to follow him? Perhaps. Would they follow to take a bite of some toasted shark in the event he were blasted by a skilled gunner to sate their hunger? Equally as likely.
Leaping over a ditch from where he spotted a wrist mounted rocket launch from mere moments ago, he just kept advancing. Get under those guns, that was the plan.

“Come on! Let’s take a BITE out of these guns!”

Was Kolab considering trying to bite through all that durasteel if he managed to get there? Well. Maybe. Depended if that rocket launcher made a dent or not when the time came.

LT. John Somerset, 16 Air Assualt Brigade, Ground forces
The maelstrom of fire didn't seem to relent even as the first of the other waves landed to his flanks however it did give him and his troops an opening to enact his prior orders with some more leniency.

The first of his soldiers in the manoeuvre had started to crawl into position when John caught a glimpse of the burst of flame that seemed to streak across the open ground before impacting on one of the machine gun nests. The power packs that powered the emplaced heavy weapons suddenly erupted into a fireball that lit up the local area for a few moments before dying down back into a smouldering crater where the heaviest of the automatic weapons had previously been placed. As the officer peered back up over the rock to see small arms weaponry and squad automatic weapons start to take the place of the auto-blasters John glanced a group of soldiers charging in a zig-zag formation towards the front door of the nearby compound.

"Sarge hold fire on 3 sections mortar team. New orders." John stood up beside his Sargent before pointing at the reinforced walls around the perimeter of the now besieged compound.

"Sargent you are to pick a point 400m in front of our men on that wall and start hitting it with everything we have. It's time to tear a hole in this can of worms."

The men around them started to readjust range calculations before the reply could leave the NCO's mouth.

"Aye, sir right away. You heard him lads get a lase on that wall and start pounding."

The first rounds started to make their way across the open field to impact on the wall now blackened by blaster fire that had careened of-of its intended target. The High Explosive rounds created their own fireballs as they blasted chunks of metal and concrete from the defence to reveal its inner layers.

"1 section this is sunray, hold position and provide cover fire. 2 Section prepare to move." Somerset glanced over his shoulder to see what was left of the 12 men he had jumped with of the second section and 8 men looked back, most of them covered in blood either their own or someone else and caked in dust and dirt. John unclipped his holster and took the blaster pistol from inside before standing up into the firestorm still raging between the two sides.

"Move!"

The men and women of 2 section surged up over the ditch into the fray alongside their officer who had now taken off in full charge towards the enemy line. Their teeth gritted and hearts beating didn't save the two that fell as another burst of weapons fire collided with their position. The rest continued a cry of anger and determination broke out over the deafening thud of explosive bolts throwing up dirt around them. By the time the section dropped back into a prone position, the order had already broken for 1 section to move up on their parallel. The two sections would form a staggered line as they leapfrogged in a bounding motion closer and closer to the target position, 3 section continued to bombard the defences however the barrage slackened due to low resupply rates.

"Sir this is 3 section we fire mission is complete no rounds remaining."

John took the moment to rebuild his baseline of the battle capable soldiers now 150 meters from the perimeter wall and start to return more accurate fire on those defending through kill holes and on emplaced weapons along the top of the barricade. He could see the main and auxiliary gates had taken heavy casualties since the other members of the attacking force had landed.

"Right lads! Fix Bayonets! Prepare to move!"
John thumbed his radio over to the joint frequency channel.

"All Remnant forces, this is Lieutenant Somerset of the 16th Air Assualt. We have moved into a position of assault. We are to hold our position until fire missions are checked and your elements are in a position to attack, over."

John let go of the push to talk and rolled onto his side to prime and throw a smoke grenade 10 feet forward of his men to give some cover within the close quarters' engagement.

[member="Mereel Vaun"]
[member="Kolab Morcant"]

Objective: Move into the breach, take out AA guns.
Nearby Allies: [member="Kolab Morcant"] , [member="Avin Starfire"]
Post 3
--

Mereel pulled his rifle to his arm by the gun's barrel and followed the example set by a large fish-man sporting a grenade launcher. In any other circumstances, he would have immediately stopped what he was doing to find out where the hell the creature came from, but he wasn't one to be left out of the festivities when so many lives were on the line.

Smoke grenades began spewing out cover over the ditch he was ducking behind, and Remnant soldiers began advancing all around him. He slowed his breathing and cleared his mind, opening himself up to the force via long-practiced ancient meditation technique. He channeled the force energy into his legs, and sprang up from out of the cover of the trench.

His armor and kit was heavy, but with the force and adrenaline powering his movements he moved like a man unencumbered. He activated his helmet's visor thermal imaging mode as he weaved his way through friendly soldiers advancing toward the newly-created gap in the enemy's defenses.

He took a stray blaster bolt square center on his armor's chest plate, and another round on his left forearm plate, but otherwise he was un-phased when he reached the left side of wall breach. He ducked beside the opening in the wall and took both of his frag grenades off of his belt, holding one in each hand. He activated both grenades simultaneously, counted two seconds, and threw them into the breach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom