Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Corporations were naturally drawn to dealing with one another. Governments, cults, and many other organizations generally tended to have ideals and goals, Corporations on the other hand only wanted one thing; Money.

This was simple, easy, and it made dealing with them far simpler.

For Nel, this wasn't a new concept. She knew that if The Foundry was to be built, if it was to be constructed and eventually finished she would need the aid of corporations, not governments. The idea of the Foundry, the eventual goal of course was independence from powerful governing bodies that would seek a measure of control in matters they should have no hand in. That was why the Foundry was being built, to function as a production center for companies that held their privacy more closely than others.

To that effect Nel had spent the better part of the last twelve hours since her announcement making holo-calls to dozens of powerful business owners all over the galaxy. She had secured many commitments, raised billions in credit funds, and most importantly had found interest from all walks of the galaxy. The project was coming together smoothly, and quickly the Liran was finding that corporations were not only willing, but excited to back away from government controlled worlds.

Independence was a powerful motivator. "Nira, please contact the CEO of Aurora Industries."

This was one of the last holo-calls she would make, at least for today, though perhaps it would be one of the more important.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

To say Taeli was busy was an understatement, between the political and economic upheaval in the Republic and coordinating Project Galvani. It had even put off her planned trip to Kyrikal to meet the Fallanassi for the time being while she dealt with company things. So, when a call came to her from the new CEO of Vanir Technologies, she stopped what she was doing to address. It was polite after all and the announced project of an independent shipyard the size of Kuat intrigued her immensely.

"Madame Nel, it is certainly a pleasure to hear from you," Taeli said as she accepted the call on her holo terminal. "I must first offer my congratulations on being named CEO, Mr. Kuhn must hold your abilities in high esteem. So, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Taeli Raaf"]

She could only imagine that Taeli Raaf was busy to the nine hells. The woman was deeply involved in the very Republic that had just spat in the face of many Companies, or rather, had been made to spit in the face. Nel cared not for what had happened, nor what it's reasons were for. To her, the whole situation was nothing less than an opportunity, and nothing more than a selling point to something that she held very close to her heart.

"Good evening Miss Raaf." Her voice was like warm honey. "Thank you for your kind words."

She had always learned that politeness was important in most sentient cultures, and for one as old as she it came naturally. "I realize your schedule must be busy, but I have come to you with a request of a meeting. I have a proposition for you regarding Vanir Technologies newest project."

It was safe to assume that Taeli had learned of Vanir's project, especially since the woman had directly referenced the announcement.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

"I may be busy at the moment, but I'm always interested in hearing propositions and will always make time for that," Taeli said. It was true that her schedule was tight, but she always had time to hear a business proposal. She had several ideas what the proposal could be based on the newest project for Vanir, but why ruin the surprise by guessing.

OOC: Apologies for the short post

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Taeli Raaf"]

She nodded, breaking into the project right away. "Vanir Technologies will soon be constructing the largest privately owned shipyard in the galaxy. We intend for the yards to match those of Fondor, Kuat, and those formerly owned by CEC. The intention is to create something independent that can be used by all corporations who seek more...privacy with their products."

That was the gist of it.

There were more details of course, how things would work, where the driveyards would go, everything from employment to actual operations. Nel would have her hands full for weeks to come, she was sure that The Foundry would be taking up the next year of her life, probably more if something went wrong. She shifted slightly in her chair, eyes darting up to the wall for a moment before looking back at the Holo-call with Miss Raaf.

"We'd like to involve Aurora Industries." She smiled. "I'd like to schedule a meeting in person with you if at all possible, to discuss details."

It would be better that way.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

"Of course, face to face meetings are always better for such discussions," Taeli nodded. "I'm currently in the Galidraan system overseeing a project, but I can place my COO in charge here while I come meet with you. For such opportunities and proposals, one always must make room in their schedule. I'll be along to wherever you desire the meeting, I would imagine at the corporate offices for Vanir?"

She didn't mind at all traveling around for such a meeting, it represented such a splendid idea and opportunity that she wasn't going to pass on it for the sake of convenience or overseeing the Galidraan facility firsthand.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Taeli Raaf"]

For a second Nel was rather startled. She was surprised that everything had gone so quickly and so smoothly. Perhaps that was the influence of Vanir Technologies, or perhaps people were simply genuinely interested in such an immense project. There was a slight wondering if the other calls she still had to make would go as easily. Truthfully, she had no idea, though she hoped it would be so. The Liran shifted in her chair for a moment before giving Miss Raaf a nod.

"Yes that would be fine." She said with more confidence in her voice. "The corporate offices here on Byblos."

It was where Nel was currently hosting the call from. "My assistant, Nira can set up a small lunch for us as to keep things from becoming too formal."

That would help with the atmosphere at least.

Nel was entirely sure that environment truly helped when making business deals such as these. When people were more relaxed and put together it generally allowed them to make better and more informed decisions. For a project such as this, that was important.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

"I look forward to lunch. I shall see you on Byblos, Madame Nel, until then," Taeli said, smiling as she closed the link. Getting up out of the makeshift office she had on Galidraan, she designated the people who needed to be in charge to get things done while she was away and made her way to her ship. It was a good thing that her ship was fast as the trip would probably take a little while.

While in transit, she went over the announcement again of Nel becoming CEO of Vanir and the project announcement. She wondered if the announced project was in light of recent events in the Republic or if the timing just worked out that way. It could be both, one or the other, or even neither but it was intriguing nonetheless.

She had never actually been to Byblos, so she would at the very least get to see a new planet and learn some stuff. Exiting hyperspace after a few hours, she transmitted landing codes to the Byblos authorities and docked in an open landing bay. Just that first step off her ship let her know this was a planet that was an epicenter of research and commerce. Note to self, establish some sort of operation here too or at least an office.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Nel would already be waiting on the landing pad when Taeli Raaf would land her craft, the pad that she had been directed to belonging to Vanir Technologies itself.

Over the past two years Vanir had become a major player here on Byblos, large enough to have a massive influence in the government and big enough to have sway with the starport authorities. The landing pad was attached to the side of Vanir Tower, usually reserved for VIP guests or other important visitors that came to meet. Of course for Nel, this was the first time that anyone had utilized the pad to come and see her. It was a rather exciting event, really.

Behind Nel stood a small greeting retinue, two Saeva Guards and one Lanky Twi'lek woman that wore a smile on her face. "Is everything arranged?"

Nel spoke to her assistance, the Twi'lek who glanced at her datapad.

"Yes, Madam Nel. Everything has been arranged on the one hundred and thirtieth floor."

The Liran gave a short nod, then waited for her guest to exit her ship.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

"It is truly an impressive world, pity I haven't visited it sooner," Taeli said as she descended her ship's loading ramp and made her way over to the welcoming committee. She had switched clothing into an elegant blue dress, something she hadn't worn in a while but was appropriate for the occasion she felt. "Madame Nel, it is quite the honor to meet you in person. I see Byblos has been quite good to Vanir and vice versa."

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Nel bowed her head.

"Thank you for coming Miss Raaf." The Liran did truly appreciate the journey, she knew that it had likely been a long one. "Yes, Byblos has been kind to us, though of course this world was really only the beginning."

What she meant by that was that Alric Kuhn had grown Vanir Technologies far beyond Byblos. The company operated on half a dozen worlds and even expanded into the expansion regions. Plus, with this new Foundry project Nel would be more than capable of stating that Vanir truly was everywhere in the galaxy. She just hoped that she would have the resources to protect all of it and keep it together. Saeva helped with that, but perhaps she would have to look into other options as well.

"Shall we head inside?" A strong gust of wind pressed at them, Nel holding down her robes as it passed.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

"Of course, lead the way," Taeli said, smiling slightly as the gust of wind blew across the landing pad. As the delegation headed inside and to the meeting room/luncheon, she took the time to admire the office space and facility. Not exactly her chosen aesthetic, but it was still a sign of how well the company was doing. She was actually looking forward to this lunch and meeting, it was far too long since she had an enjoyable meeting ... except the one she had with Miss Arceneau a bit ago.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Nel lead the way into the tower.

Vanir Technologies had worked hard on their headquarters here on Byblos, the tower had been built over the course of two years and was even now still technically under construction. The building had everything from research labs to small centers of production where Vanir Technologies more unique inventions were built. The thing most produced here was the Vanir Technologies Disruptor lens, the unique additive to the lightsaber that allowed one to cut through Yuuzhan Vong Technologies.

Of course, at the top of the tower were located dozens of offices, lunch areas, and Nel's own office.

It was to her office that they journeyed, stepping off the turbo-lift and into a large open area. A desk was located at the far wall of the room, and in the center was a large table finely decorated for a meal. Obviously Nel had put some planning into this.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

"If you're looking to impress, you succeeded," Taeli said, looking around the office and the lunch laid out for them. "Admittedly, it's a bit much for me, being a Jedi and all, prefer a smaller space filled with books and holodisks. Still, I thank you for taking the time and effort to put this together, Madame Nel."

Once it was polite to do so, she would take a seat and place a napkin lightly over her dress. With them seated for lunch, they could finally discuss a little more about business and this upcoming project. She was quite excited truth be told, it was such a bold undertaking after all.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Thank you." Nel said in response to the complements.

Her office really was something of note. The place had been decorated with starship models, station references, and grand paintings of the stars. It was beautiful really, though it had an oddly futuristic look about it all. That was part of the Liran's own personal style, the way she liked to have things look. Her people were a progressive bunch, always looking forward to the next technological achievement and how they could grasp it. It was what made Nel so successful as a researcher, and part of the reason why she had been tapped as CEO.

"The Foundry." The name sounded more ominous than it was. "A shipyard."

That wasn't giving the idea credit. "One of a size that hasn't been constructed in Millenia. Vanir Technologies intends it to match Driveyards like Kuat, Fondor, and formerly CEC. We want to build the largest independent shipyards in the galaxy."

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

"Quite the undertaking," Taeli said. "It would mark the first step towards truly reclaiming the industrial capacity of the past if the project is successful. Indulge me a few questions though. Where would this Foundry be constructed? How exactly would Vanir Technologies ensure the independence and neutrality of this Foundry? What role would be asked of other companies and if they do have a role, would Vanir Technologies take a percentage of profits made from the Foundry?"

The second part of her question didn't really make her suspicious, it would be only natural if Vanir was running the yards that they would make some sort of profit off the space if another company or faction wanted to use these yards. She was asking more out of curiosity than anything else for that, but her other questions were something that had been on her mind.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Taeli Raaf"]

That was quite the row of questions, which took Nel aback.

For a second she took a breath, then set about answering everything Miss Raaf had asked. "The Foundry will be located within the Outer Rim, near former Moross Territory. The station will be protected and guarded by the Corporate Fleet of Vanir Technologies, which is one of the largest in the galaxy, as well as elements of Saeva Incorporated, Vanir's special operations and Military Arm. Vanir will ask nothing of companies that utilize the space aboard the Foundry save for signing a fair trade agreement, instructing that any corporate espionage on the Foundry will result in seizure of assets, and no companies will not be charged a percentage of profits."

That would have made Vanir more money likely, but that's not what the Foundry was a vision for.

"Instead they will be charged a flat lease fee for the space they use." Nel explained, taking out a datapad and sliding it over to Taeli. On the pad she would see the figures for how much space would cost. "The bigger the space, the more the cost."

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

"I see, that does put me more at ease about the project," Taeli stated. "That brings me to my next question, one much more pressing to our meeting. What exactly would you have in mind for Aurora Industries? I would assume it involves something beyond just leasing space once the yards are finished?"

She had grown her company extensively in the last few years, far beyond anything that Darth Banshee had ever achieved with the then named Krayt Industries. Aurora was on the cusp of breaking onto the same sort of stage as something like Kuat Drive Yards, ever growing they were. Nubia Star Drives being just one latest absorption.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Nel Smiled.

"Actually, believe it or not, that's all I require of you." She stiffened slightly, looking at the food in front of her. "Aurora Industries is one of the larger companies in the galaxy. You produce everything from ships to droids and you produce them well. You have the trust of the Republic as well as several other factions."

That was important, so important in this galaxy. "If you sign your company and give The Foundry your business, it's a major step in legitimizing the venture in the eyes of, well, everyone."

Nel had already enlisted and signed several other smaller companies, but Aurora Industries would be the largest one, if Miss Raaf accepted. Their business would mean quite a bit to Vanir Technologies and would allow her to show the board that she was not only making progress, but doing it in droves. It also helped that Taeli was part of the Jedi Order, a high ranking member at that. With that added bit she would gain even more credibility.

Something she desperately needed.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

"Credibility then," Taeli said, smiling now as she understood Madame Nel's outreach to her and Aurora. What better publicity than a Jedi Council member getting behind the project with her company, it would shoot up the stock for such a thing quite a bit in the eyes of the private sector. "I take it a public contract and statement by me would attract even larger partners than Aurora Industries yes?"

She tapped her foot against the floor for several moments as she thought about it, taking a sip of water from the spread laid out before them.

"Aurora Industries will sign a contract for space on the Foundry, large enough to produce several capital ships at the same time," she finally said, setting the water down. "We will also issue a public statement of our support of the Foundry project. Is that agreeable to you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom