Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Forgotten Taint

obj2.png

Objective: Investigate the distress call
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble
div1.png

For many months there had been whispers of a "plague" spreading fast on a planet close to the Galatic Alliance borders. Thearterra used to be home to an old foe named the Maw, a nightmare state that terrorized the galaxy for years. Thanks to the efforts of the Alliance, they were no longer a threat to anyone. Even so, their lasting legacy still seemed to resurface and create fresh scars above the old.

Just outside of the planet's atmosphere, Silas Westgard and the sword Valery Noble had just come out of hyperspace and headed straight toward the planet. They had been given coordinates to land in a small village in the heart of the infection zone, a place where the planetary resistance had set up an outpost far away from the front lines. The individuals there were the ones who would tell them everything they needed, after all, communication between them had been limited since the fall of the main communication center on the outskirts of the capital.

In response to their cries, they sent two warriors they believed would be best suited to get the job done, two Jedi who trusted each other with their lives.

"Old maw space... I fear the planets affected by their evil will never recover for generations to come" Silas remarked, his eyes looking briefly to his old master "I think we can both agree that their madness won't be missed in the universe. Not for our kids to see anyway"

obj2.png

Thearterra
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Blasters | Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

"There was a time when I thought I wouldn't be dealing with the Maw and what it left behind anymore," Valery said as she watched their shuttle move down towards the little village on the planet. The plague, as far as she knew, was spreading rapidly and she could feel that. The despair of infected people is a constant pulse in the Force, and every minute, it seems to grow to new corners of the planet.

It made her wonder if they'd be safe themselves, coming here.

"It's possible to cleanse darker locations, but entire planets is... difficult. I did it on Exegol with the Wall of Light, but I can't replicate that here." Not with the disappearance of Lightpoint Station, and even with its assistance, they'd need to bring a lot of Jedi together for it again.

Valery then turned to him and pursed her lips, "In the intel you got, did it say anything about how the plague spreads?"

obj2.png

div1.png

"That's my thoughts exactly..." he agreed with Valery on the fact they thought they wouldn't be dealing with Maw business again. One way or another there will always be something lurking out there to remind them of the brutes, it will be generations till their presence is forgotten about "We can at least be thankful the Maw won't be returning. However, I can't help but feel all this has something to do with them..." the knight muttered as they began to burst through the atmosphere of the planet.

The shuttle began to shake momentarily, but Silas seemed to have their descent under control "I doubted we'd be able to repeat what we did on Exegol. The best we can do is find the source of the plague and contain it, at least so it doesn't spread into alliance territory" Silas explained with an uncertain look to Valery. There was a good chance it may have gotten off the planet already.

Taking a deep breath, he refocused on the mission at hand "We haven't been able to get much intel out of them since the fall of the relay station. However, the resistance force has given us data that suggests the plague is passed through bites and the polluted water source. There have been no cases of infection through scratches nor through other means just yet, but once an infected individual passes on their plague to a healthy host they begin to go feral and mutate" Something about that only reminded him of the atrocities he saw in the maw labs...

"Their last communication provided coordinates to a village in the infection zone. Apparently, the individuals there will have more information for us when we arrive"

obj2.png

Thearterra
div-orange.png
Weapons:

Valery nodded in agreement, "Find the source and address it, but we should also consider quarantine if we are unable to determine it in time. Like you said we can't allow the entire Alliance to fall victim to this." Quarantine could mean the people of this world were not going to make it, and she dreaded that as an option, but the alternative would be far worse if they aren't able to stop the plague.

Valery then listened to what he explained about this plague and frowned. It reminded her not only of Maw experiments, but the plague that nearly wiped out the Mandalorian Enclave and people in its territories all those years ago.

"Avoid the water and don't get bitten, got it," Valery said with a heavy sigh. "Let's make the landing and get going. I have a feeling that we have very little time to waste."

obj2.png

div1.png

"You got it, we'll be landing on the outskirts of the village for now. I fear landing in the middle of the place will draw unwanted attention." The knight replied back as they zoomed lower to the surface. Down below the surface was foggy and lightly showering with rain, something which limited their vision and expectation of what was ahead.

Nonetheless, the force would guide them through any danger that came their way.

Seeing a large enough clearing in a wooded area, Silas slowly landed the ship in cover and let the ship wind down "We're here, I suggest bringing one of the canteens I brought by the ramp. I fear some of the survivors haven't drunk clean water in days..." Silas said as he picked up one of them himself and walked down the ramp of the ship.

Waiting at the bottom of the ship, he gave a reassuring smile to his former master "The village is a short walk to the west, it shouldn't take long for us to reach as long as we don't run into any trouble" he remarked as he hit the button of the ramp and began walking through a path in the trees. Looking back at his master slightly, he thought about calming each other before the potential storm ahead.

"How's the family been doing? Has the new edition been settling well with Iris and the triplets?"

Last edited:

obj2.png

Thearterra
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"They know we're coming though, right?"
Valery asked to clarify. Still, landing at the outskirts was for the best — she just didn't want to make them even more afraid than they already were. Though at the same time, there was reason in not announcing anything as well. The people here were possibly getting desperate, and that could lead to reckless action. Deep down, she feared the idea that infected people might try to take their ship to get away.

When forced into a corner, people's survival instincts kick in, after all.

"I'll take a backpack with a few canteens," Valery nodded and prepared her equipment as they moved down to land. If they couldn't give medical attention, they could at least offer some supplies.

"The family is doing great! Thank you for asking," Valery then said with a warm smile after stepping off the ship. "Aris is settling in really well. He's quiet, polite and such a good kid. A little bit of balance with Vera being so... chaotic." She snickered and looked at Silas with that loving, motherly look she always had when talking about the kids.

"How are things between you and Thelma?"

obj2.png

div1.png

"They've been briefed of our appearance. Anyone outside of the resistance force will find us to be quite a surprise..." he replied back to Valery confidently. According to their reports, the village had been abandoned since the start of the outbreak, leaving it desolate and overgrown from nature taking its course. If anyone else was present, they definitely were not supposed to be there.

Seeing that Valery had brought a backpack to wisely carry the canteens they had brought, they seemed ready to provide provisions and support to the worn out soldiers within the village. For now, all they could do was ease the nerves by talking "That's good to hear, I'll have to come introduce myself when I have the chance" he said with a smile. It was good Vera was getting someone who was the opposite of herself. She needed someone close to her to ease the chaos when it called for it

"Just from that alone, you can tell he's Kahlil's kid"

The knight chuckled briefly as he kept his eyes open to the fog all around them. He only stopped concentrating when she asked about Thelma, a girl who he always missed when going on missions like this "Stronger than ever really. I recently showed her the rebuilt homestead and convinced her to stay the night. She was a bit stressed over the hearing, but I was able to calm her down and talk about plans for the future" Noticiably Silas's cheeks went red from the fact they could possibly be married soon. That all depended on what the council wanted to do with her and if they wanted to press punishment on him for not saying anything.

"She's a kind girl who means no harm. Whatever the result, I will respect what the force has chosen for her..."

obj2.png

Thearterra
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"Very good,"
Valery said regarding the resistance force. This way, their approach was most likely going to be a success — Silas had done well preparing them for this. It made her very proud as his former Master, though she wasn't going to tell him that now. It was probably annoying if she kept gushing over how proud she was about her Padawans.

But he'd always know that she was proud of him.

"The kids would really love to see you again. Vera has been asking about you for a while now, and I think she really wants to show some of her drawings." She chuckled at the idea and was able to smile for just a moment, despite the darkness that lingered all around them in the Force.

It was time to get serious now.

As they walked through the fog, the topic of his girlfriend came up and Valery smiled, "Good, it's important for her to have that kind of support. I can't tell you how many times I've relied on my husband when things were difficult or stressful..." she smiled sheepishly now, as she wondered how she had ever handled herself in the past. Before she had him in her life.

"If you ever need my help with anything though, or if you and Thelma need help... you know where to find me."

obj2.png

div1.png

People who weren't Jedi probably didn't know the amount of preparation that came before a mission. For the whole week, Silas had been running around like a headless chicken to make sure everything was in place. There was no way the pair of them were going in blind or without a plan, that would be a death sentence if they both got into trouble. The last thing he wanted was for his former master to die and leave her kids without a mother, that was something he didn't want anyone else to go through.

"Drawings? The next chance I get I'll have to come see them for myself. I can't imagine how big she has grown since the last time I saw her" Silas smiled as he remembered all the times he had to babysit her "You'll have to bring the kids over to the homestead. Trust me, there'll be lots of space for them to run down some energy"

Then there was the thing about Thelma. He knew she was quite an important part of her trial, but she never seemed to judge or talk down to him about not mentioning her secret before. Valery must have gone through something similar with Kahlil Noble back in the early days, or maybe she would have done the same if it meant keeping him at her side "Thank you... I know you'll always be there for me and the same goes for me too. Don't hesitate to ask me for help, even if it means keeping the kids out of your hair for a few hours I'll be happy to give you a hand"

As Silas finally revealed a thoughtful smile, they finally came to the clearing of the forest. Ahead of them was a dense fog, yet somewhere in front of them was the village itself "We're not far, the village should be right in front of us" he said openly before stepping into the fog with no fear. It was almost like a horror film scene like something was going to run at them at any moment "We don't need to rush, I'd rather not run face first into something we shouldn't"

Just when they saw the outlines of a large gate, Silas would suddenly stop in his tracks. Behind them, the distant sound of wheezing was coming their way. The knight snapped his head behind him and narrowed his eyes in the direction of the source. Slowly but surely, something began to stumble towards them through the fog...

obj2.png

Thearterra
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"I'm sure they'd love to come over. The kids look up to you and other Padawans, you know."
Especially Vera because she had heard a lot of the stories about all her Padawans, both former and present. Slowly but surely, the triplets were becoming more aware of the fact that their parents were Jedi too, so it was only a matter of time until they'd be all over Silas to learn about his time as their mother's Padawan.

Vera already had a lot of questions ready for him.

At the topic of Thelma, Silas then offered his own help too, and Valery could only smile, "The most I'll ask is some babysitting time. Kahlil and I sometimes like to go on dates, so it'd be great if someone we trust could handle the kids for a bit. I'll warn you, though — they are not the easiest." Especially Aeryn was quite demanding, and by extension, Adam also loved to test his boundaries and crawl around more than he should.

Little Aurra, on the contrary, was an angel. Read her a book, and she'll be quiet.

The two Jedi then began to approach their destination, so she focused her mind and got a little more serious. Just in time for a sound to reach them from behind, and much like Silas, she turned around fast to take a look at what was stepping out from the fog. "What... is that?" she frowned and her hand already dropped down to pull one blaster from its holster.

"I have a bad feeling about this, Silas."

obj2.png

div1.png

"One of the infected..." Silas muttered just before the mutated body staggered to a halt and stared at them. As the two of them glared at the individual, the thing crashed its teeth together and began to slowly move towards them "I don't either, and it only looks to be getting worse" he grunted while his hand rested on the saber to prepare to end its miserable life. However, someone else would beat them to it.

The sound of a loud blaster shot echoed from the guard tower of the settlement, followed by a crash of the blaster bolt cutting through the infected head like butter. In an instant, the figure fell to the floor in a heap, smoke rising from its ruined face. Silas looked down at the body in surprise before looking back to the walls, where a cloaked figure was frantically waving them in "Come on, we don't want to be out here when more of those freaks show up"

With a kick of his legs, Silas along with Valery made their way through the gate. They were both met with a ghost town, one that had seen many battles and hardships throughout the pandemic "A civilized society hasn't been present here for some time" the knight said with a frown to Valery, an indication that many more towns like this had suffered the same fate.

To the right of them, the cloaked figure slid down and came walking towards them. His beard looked rough, face pale, and eyes tired. The troops here had barely any time to rest "You two are the Jedi, correct?" he said to the pair, his gaze looking down to their canteens with desperation. Seeing his gaze, he made no hesitation in handing it over to him. Giving him a brief nod, he gave it a big chug. It was the right call to bring the extra water, it was clear they were low on supplies.

"Correct, and it appears with come at the right time." he said before taking away the water before he had it all to himself. Taking a deep breath, he lightly nodded "Sorry... I haven't drunk a drop of water for days. The rest of our group are the same, we ran out of water not long ago" he muttered, before his eyes fell on Valery. Out of nothing, a small smile fell across his face as if something had reignited inside his tired soul "I wasn't expecting them to send the sword herself, maybe we do have hope after all..."

Last edited:

obj2.png

Thearterra
div-orange.png
Weapons:

The creature moved, and Valery slowly began pulling the blaster up from its holster. But before she could draw and open fire, a shot ran out, and the creature dropped dead. She glanced over her shoulder and dipped her head lightly in the direction of the guard tower, before she looked at Silas, "Yeah, that shot will probably draw some attention." Which meant she was expecting a lot of trouble to show up, if this pandemic was really this bad.

But two Jedi could handle some undead with no trouble.

Walking into town, Valery's frown only deepened — what had once been the home to many people, was now a battlefield devoid of civilization. It rubbed her the wrong, especially knowing that children would have walked these streets as well. But as soon as the troops finally appeared, she forced herself out of those depressing thoughts, and put down her backpack. Silas had already offered up his canteen, but she had brought plenty of extra water and food as well.

"Take as much as you need, but I suggest being careful with it for now. There's no telling how long this problem will last, so make the most out of your supplies," she said, having caught the smile soon after.

"I appreciate the kind words, but certainly don't underestimate Knight Westgard here. He handled all of the intelligence gathering, so I'm following him today." She smiled at her former student, then looked around again.

"Do you guys have any idea how many of those undead are out there?"

obj2.png

div1.png

The thing with outbreaks like this is there was no way of knowing how long it was going to last. Valery was correct when it came to the supplies, they needed to make the most of every last drop and crumb while they had it "It's shameful we couldn't bring more, but I fear bringing a dropship full of supplies would have drawn more of those things to your location" he said in almost an apology. These troopers deserved a well earned break when they got back.

Holding his hand up, the sniper waved it off "Please, you've helped us more than most already. Thank you."

Looking at Valery, he smiled back at his former Master and appreciated the comment she made regarding his efforts <"You flatter me"> he said telepathically with a secret nudge of her arm. Silas didn't like blowing his own horn, instead, he waited for others to do it when it was right to do so. Right now though, they needed to focus on the bigger picture of the threat outside these walls.

"It's unknown. My estimate is the infected are in the thousands now, and considering I've seen hordes of them in the hundreds it wouldn't be far off." he said with a look of worry between them "They gather in numbers to attack the village all at once. It's almost as if they know what they're doing" the tired trooper said with a sigh as he looked back to the wall "Anyway, I've kept you Jedi for too long. Go see the captain, he has been expecting you two in the town hall. Send my regards to the boys inside"

Briefly nodding, he turned on his heels and went back to his post "Good luck" the Jedi replied as he left. When he was out of view, Silas finally turned to Valery in thought "This is bigger than we thought. We will have to see what the Captain has for us before we jump to conclusions on what to do." he explained while beginning to walk in the direction of the town center.

"Have you ever encountered anything like this before Valery?"

Last edited:

obj2.png

Thearterra
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"Once we have a better grip on this situation, we'll have those dropships come in."
Right now, they couldn't draw too much attention to themselves, but she was going to make sure that necessary supplies reached these people as soon as possible. Even if that meant fighting off hordes of zombies on her own to make it happen.

These people would live in freedom and safety omce again.

The nudge from Silas against her arm didn't escape her, and she did briefly offer him a smile when he told her that he was flattered. But much like him, she was quick to focus on the mission again, and the details that were shared were...troubling. dealing with a hundred undead would have been annoying already, but thousands?

They needed a solid plan.

"We'll find a way to deal with them. Thank you for sharing what you know, and keep at it." She smiled and turned away to head towards the captain. Along the way, Silas asked a question and Valery just let out a soft sigh, "Once. The Mandalorian Enclave was terrorized by a plague that turned people into undead as well. But even with that experience, this isn't really easier."

"Undead hordes are very tricky to handle."

obj2.png

div1.png

Silas nodded and wasn't surprised to hear that Valery had dealt with something similar. At least she had some kind of experience with dealing with the undead. For Silas, it was his first time dealing with such an unpredictable foe, "If they move together in large numbers like the soldier said I can imagine how hard it will be to contain let alone eliminate them all together" Silas replied as they walked through the ghostly quiet town. Everything looked so dark, other than a dim light that was flashing through the window of the old town hall ahead.

"The sadness here is heavy, one I fear not many of the citizens managed to escape. If they did, a part of them died in return for their safety" In the atmosphere, Silas could sense death and a depression that cut deep into the once thriving settlement. He could only think about how happy the families were before all this mess happened, "Wherever they are now, I hope they find peace..."

If they couldn't end it, the two of them had to create a spark of hope to ignite a bigger fire inside the people of this planet.

Coming up to the large doors of the town hall both Jedi could hear the muffled chatter of the troops inside. Stopping at the entrance, Silas shot a glance at Valery before slowly pushing open the doors to lead them inside. The first thing they'd see would be a dozen or so troopers scattered around the hall, many who looked tired and thirsty. At the back, there was a long row of injured in makeshift beds with an assortment of injuries, some worse than most.

"It's almost like a bomb has gone off in here," the young knight said openly as the men around them began to pick up on their new arrivals. One of them who was sitting in a group slowly limped over to them in the wake of chatter behind him by his squadmates "Silas... I'm happy you made it in one piece. We were worried you'd run into a horde we spotted not far away in the morning, thankfully you two seemed to miss them" he said with a clean shake of the knight's hand "I'm happier you and your men are still breathing" Silas smiled briefly, allowing the captain to turn his attention to Valery.

Then, snapping his head to Valery he offered a hand to the Sword. "Captain Starx, ma'am. We appreciate that you've come to our aid in dire circumstances" he explained with a respectful nod "I hoped to meet you in better times but this will have to do" the exhausted captain coughed out with a pained smirk "I understand you have brought water for my men, correct?"

Last edited:

obj2.png

Thearterra
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"There are ways to split them up, but they're risky."
The simple method was to split up themselves — have one part of the horde chase Valery, and the other Silas. But if the horde was big enough, that wouldn't really make much of a difference. One way or another, they'd have to find a way to take them down, and she was confident that they would. Just a matter of time, patience, and clever thinking.

On the topic of the fallen civilians, Valery could only frown.

"I'm afraid they won't find peace until we've dealt with the undead. Too many of them have fallen and turned." And she knew there was no way for them to be turned back. So all they could do was find a way to take down the undead and hope that it brings some peace back to this world. Both for the fallen, and those left behind to rebuild.

Soon enough, the two entered the Town Hall, and Valery remained rather quiet. She had spent a lot of her life fighting alongside soldiers, so she knew that this was their temporary place of comfort. Together with their fellow soldiers, and with whatever little supplies they had left.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Captain," Valery said with a warm smile as she looked him over. Much like his men, he seemed roughened up, and his dry lips made it clear that they had been running on little water. "We brought water and food, but also some medical supplies..." her voice trailed off, as she looked at his torso — she had heard the pained cough.

"Are you hurt?"

obj2.png

div1.png

Upon hearing the Jedi had brought aid his face seemed to show a flash of relief. That however was soon replaced by a smirk and a brief nod "Perfect, we could use anything right now and you two have given us an extra lifeline" he said with appreiaction before waving off Valery's concern "Don't mind me, it's just a mere cold. It can get freezing in here during the night, so wrap up warm before you go to sleep. We've already had one case where one of our men died from it, I wish not to have another one"

Motioning a medic to come over he briefly asked him to share out the supplies amongst the men as they talked elsewhere "Please follow me, my men will make sure to spread the supplies out evenly" the captain said as he began walking towards the end of the hall with both Jedi in tow "I'm happy you decided to bring more water, I fear it will only last them so many days though" Silas said quietly to Valery, concerned that if they couldn't get the job done today these men wouldn't last much longer.

The captain came up to a door and let the two Jedi go in first. Once they were in, he slowly shut it behind them and left them to climb the stairs ahead of him "Tell me, what do you know about the infected so far?" he asked curiously while following them from behind. At the same time, his eyes couldn't help but look at Valery's ass on the way up. Due to staring at it way longer than he should have, Silas slowly turned his head and gave a frightening glare at the trooper "Less of that, Captain" the knight said coldly, to which the captain straightened up and recomposed himself.

Shaking his head, the knight cleared his throat and answered "We know their bodies have been mutated from the exposure to contaminated water sources. However, we still know very little. Valery has seen an example of zombie like figures before, but I doubt it will be the same as now"

Last edited:

obj2.png

Thearterra
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"We'll keep it in mind, thank you," Valery said with a polite smile. As much as she hated the cold, it wasn't going to kill her — she could wrap herself up in warm clothes, but she could also use the Force to sustain her body heat. It just was a little too much to explain, so she took his warning to heart and continued to follow him. The supplies were already being offered up to people evenly, so all that remained was for them not to go through it too quickly.

Silas realized the same, as he whispered to her.

"Hopefully they get some rain they can collect and clean between now and when the fresh water runs out." That was the one benefit of water over food — it was far easier to get if there was rain. With this planet apparently getting colder at night, she suspected that there was a chance for it to happen.

Along the way, Valery stepped ahead and overheard a comment from Silas directed at the Captain. She wasn't quite sure what it was about though, and just moved on while she answered his question, "We know that it ran out of hand, and we understand how it spreads now. We also know that they're not easily taken down, so any encounter with them... we'll have to be careful." She looked over her shoulder and offered a faint smile.

"Anything else we should know?"

obj2.png

div1.png

Silas was almost relieved that Valery hadn't noticed. He was confident she didn't want every man under the sun looking at her like that, so it was only right to put them in place when their minds raced. Keeping the trooper in the corner of his eye, they both slowly nodded to what Valery said "There's no doubt we can't underestimate them, especially considering they could kill us with one small bite" Silas said, understanding well that the infection would take over their body in a matter of minutes.

As the three approached the door, Valery asked the man if there was anything else they should know. Smirking slightly, he looked back to the grinning master "Believe it or not yes. It will probably be best to show you in here though" the man insisted before pushing the door and allowing Valery to go first. Silas shot him another when the captain glanced back at him with a cheeky smile, one that indicated he knew what he was doing.

Coming through the doorway, Silas discretely elbowed him in the ribs as he walked past and joined Valery by the antique desk. Captain Starx groaned quietly and reached for something in his pocket "As I was saying, we believe our scouts have found something of key interest" the man explained, his finger pressing the button of a holo picture to show it to the rest of them.

"Not far from here is a small mountainside, a place which is swarming with infected. We identified that as a hot spot when we first arrived in this town, so I advised some men to investigate. What they found surprised me..." Extending his arm out, he pointed at an easy to miss gateway in the side of the large rock "A large entrance, filled to the brim with those things had been located. Unfortunately, they couldn't get too close to identifying what it used to be"

Silas raised a brow and looked to Valery with concern "Considering it used to be Maw stomping grounds, who knows what it could be"

Last edited:

obj2.png

Thearterra
div-orange.png
Weapons:

Valery was starting to grow a little suspicious as the interactions between Silas and the Captain got only stranger. But she wanted to retain a focus on the actual mission, so she decided against prying and entered the briefing room. The Captain mentioned that his men had found something potentially interesting, but after studying the display, Valery could only theorize about what it really meant.

Silas didn't seem to be so certain about it either.

"You think it might be the source of all of this?" Valery asked, seemingly under the impression that it's what the Captain was hinting at. If that were the case, looking into this location might be worth all the trouble. Even if such a huge amount of undead were going to be difficult to get through.

"If so, is there a way we can get the undead lured away from there? Or, at least, as many of them as possible."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom