Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Forging of an Empire [TE Executive Council]

Geonosis, Zenturi
Werah looked out on the balcony as the spaceships landed in their droves. Today was the day. The day that the government of the TE held it's first session. Far too much hung in the balance of the meeting. Taking one last look at the gleaming city that lay around him, he went back inside, and took the elevator down to the meeting hall. Walking towards his golden throne at the table, he saw that most of the other council members had already arrived. [member="Herr Vanderhing"] ; the governor of Geonosis, Lord Exion; Commander of the TE Navy, @Jake Hadrexos; Commander of the TE's armed forces, [member="Charzon Loulan"]; Representative of RingoVinda Star yards, Daniel Iono, Vuna Ployoni, and many more. In total there were twenty members, but the was still room to expand that number. Werah looked at the agenda for the meeting; it was going to be busy. As Commander Tonali strode into the hall, Werah relaxed. The chief of spies had been thought missing, and to see him again was a great relief. He looked around, checking if everyone was here now. He couldn't see [member="Janus"] anywhere, but the mysterious masked man had not confirmed that he would actually attend the meeting, so Werah decided to start anyway. "Members of the Council! Silence, please. We are now beginning the 1st meeting of the Excutive Council of The Techno Empire. The first item on the agenda, is the matter of our Armed Forces. I believe that Mr. Hadrexos here has a brief summary of the matter. Werah sat down, looking at the young human, as he began to speak...​

Jake stood up nervously, looking at the array of people here. He wondered how he had got to here from just being a poor soldier on Lirra. "Well, we have bolstered our organic forces considerably, and we are now better equipped and better trained. The new training areas have proved effective, and we have now got a dedicated organic army. But our main force still lies in droids. We have mass-produced the Z-5 Alpha Droid, which can form the backbone of our armies. Other droids such as heat droids, and R-6 Battle Droids are being produce to bolster the ranks. We have recently purchased a minesweeping division, and this should help us against the rebel factions in the nearby asteroid belt. Other new troop divisions have been reformed...", Jake continued on with his prepared speech, giving the necessary details of the entire army.

[member="Werah Unon"]

Werah nodded at Jake's speech, and continued with the agenda. "I believe Mr. Vanderhing is up next, talking about the current state of Geonosis". Werah watched and waited as the speech began...

[member="Herr Vanderhing"]

Herr Vanderhing sat with Genf Orkay on his side (as always) and listened intently to Mr. Haxedros anxiously waiting his turn to speak then finally Werah signaled that it was his turn to speak he stood up and limped around the room saying with his ever so shaky voice

"As or resident Count has reminded me not too long ago, the Geonosisians are currently uneasy about our occupation of their planet..." He paused and continued to limp forward
"I recommend that we give the queens equal say in the planetary politics as well as add some of them to the council... If we don't I fear that a rebellion will be stirring within our mist" Vanderhing then began to limp back towards his and continued to preach his ideas
" I also would like to reorganize the planetary government into a plutocracy... I'm sure we all know what a plutocracy is yes? If we give the queens the respect the Geonosisians want and expect us to give that will end the tensions on the planet and they will welcome us as if we were the old Confederacy." "My final idea is to import Wookie or Gungans or possibly bring some people from Vulpter to use as slaves"

Vanderhing sat back down and said

"In conclusion our largest problem on Geonosis are the uneasy natives and their religious zealotry towards their queens. Mr. [member="Werah Unon"] I have stated my recommendations to solving this problem I hope the council agrees with these ideas"

Werah considered Herr Vanderhing's plan. It might work, though, Werah had not anticipated rebellions action from the geonosians. The long TU occupation had been beneficial to the species, and Werah had hoped that the queens would be happy about the TE empire reinstating their control. Obviously, his hopes had not panned out. Giving the queens the place on the council? Werah was rather against that, as council places were not things to be traded lightly. Still, giving them greater say wouldn't be too bad, and if it stopped a rebellion.... Werah considered this as he continued the agenda, "Now we have Miss Loulan, representing RingoVinda StarYards."

[member="Charzon Loulan"]

"I report that the construction of mobile drydocks in Geonosis' orbit has begun, and also that another tank factory capable of manufacturing a squadron of minesweeping heavy tanks a day is in advanced stages of construction. That may not be much, but one can hope that the Geonosian queens will allow room for expansion as needed. Plus we have acquired an entire cache of blueprints on Vulpter for the greater benefit of the Techno Empire thanks to Jessica, who suggested we raid Vulpter in the first place. But the import of Wookiees or Gungans would have to be negotiated with the Mandalorians and Alliance respectively, however, the Vulptereen are fair game. In fact, if that's the route we intend to take I would recommend Vulptereen over even Wookiees, let alone Gungans because Gungans are an aquatic species and Geonosis is anathema to them as a desert world. However, do we still have the prisoners from the Sith Triumvirate?"

For two squadrons a day total, one each on Ringo Vinda and Geonosis, Ringovinda Motors would be able to provide minesweeping vehicles to all the interested parties of the galaxy. Use of minefields was dwindling across the galaxy, but Ringovinda Motors was supplying all the light-sided factions in minesweeping vehicles by now.

"Heavy minesweeping tanks compare favorably from a cost-effectiveness standpoint to the sapper droids previously used by the Techno Union. The main complaints filed regarding the sapper droids fielded by the Techno Union was that they were difficult to transport and that they were expensive. I hope that IMD and other imperial partners has some technological supplements for us to use"

[member="Werah Unon"]

"Very good", said Werah, nodding at Ms. Loulan. "Next up is...". All the speakers gave their speech in turn, and Werah was pleasantly surprised at the amount of progress already made. Now, for the second half of the meeting, they would discuss the points put forward, and discuss ideas. "First of all, we shall discuss [member="Herr Vanderhing"] 's plan to keep the locals under control."

With that, Werah began to speak first, addressing the Governor of Geonosis. " A plutocracy, you say? Interesting idea. I don't know how well it will pan out, but I think we should give it a go, and see how the populace reacts. As for your other points, I can't give away council seats simply to appease individual planets. If the old TU had done that, the council would've been swamped by natives! The queens do deserve higher recognition, and they shall get it. If you reinstated the Asxin system from the CIS, it might work out quite nicely. As for slavery, I for one am strongly against that idea. We are not common criminals! Our droids are far more effective at manual labour and suchlike, so slavery would be redundant". Werah sat down, and watched as the others debated the matter.

OOC: Herr Vanderhing, you can decide for yourself what the "Asxin" system is/was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom