Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Force Shall Free Me

House Tremiru Compound
864 ABY, Prior to the events of Stability For My New Empire

370d9lz.png

Kalt meditated inside the training center of the House Tremiru Compound. He had been tasked with greeting one of Alina's newest recruits, Xian Xiao, a former Jedi Padawan. From what little he understood, she had some kind of pre-existing relationship with Rax, which he was able to use to cause her to defect. Other than that, he didn't know much about her, just that he was now tasked with orienting her away from the ways of the Jedi and the Light. He was more than willing to do this. Not only did Kalt still have reservations about his perception of him, having been under a former master that defected to the Jedi, he also wanted to see how he could potentially teach others in the ways of the Dark Side. He'd hoped to have a few Acolytes of his own eventually, just as soon as he became a proper Sith.

For a while, prior to receiving the news, he had wondered why he had felt so strange around the Compound, ever since her arrival. For the most part, Kalt was largely unfamiliar with the light side, having been mostly raised with the territories of the Sith, and learning of the force around those of the Dark Side. He briefly encountered Jedi in battle before but never long enough to really recognize their presence beyond the confusion of battle. Battle also always had the effect of flushing the area in Dark Side energies, which didn't help. He wondered if his time with the Vaulkhar Zambrano, his traitorous former master, would introduce him to presence of Jedi in the force but he felt that wasn't the case. Something had clearly changed in his previous master prior to his shift in allegiance. Regardless, her presence in the force was strange, and stuck out in a place like this.

"Welcome! You must be Xian?" He greeted as she entered. His pronunciation of her name was 'she-ann', something he assumed was correct but was largely unfamiliar with how it should be said. "I am Kalt, Scholar of Illusion and Dark Sorcery, and fellow Acolyte of Alina Tremiru." He introduced. As she approached, his arms crossed, a third limb, an illusion of some kind, extended outward presenting itself for her to shake.

Last edited:
Her first few days in the compound had been confusing, but Xian was learning her way around. Having met one or two people, she was on her way to meet another. Even though the teen had grown up quite a lot since first encountering Rax. Both of them had. There were times when some of her old habits and characteristics returned and she was suddenly very insecure with things.

Walking a little slower, she considered what had happened between now and then and decided she had made the right choice. She had followed her heart and this was where she belonged. Lifting up her chin slightly, she cautiously approached the training room where a stranger would be waiting for her.

As she walked into the room, she was greeted by what looked almost like some kind of demon. Gulping a little, Xian wondered to herself if he might be some sort of Sithspawn. Then he spoke and seemed friendly...even polite. Tilting her head to the side as he extended a hand to shake, it appeared that he had three arms.

Looking between the three of them, she glanced up as he introduced himself. Nodding her head when he finished, she gave him a bit of a shy but polite smile.

"I am Xian Xiao. It is nice to meet you, master Kalt."

While she had addressed him as master, it was more of a word to use than an actual title. Unless that illusionary hand disappeared, she would shake it.

Kalt Bruq Kalt Bruq

The nervous introduction was somewhat expected, although Kalt could recognize the feeling of momentary fear or caution as she saw him for the first time through his force empathy. Was she not familiar with Devaronians? He decided to keep that question for later, maybe he'll be able to gather some useful information that he could use later...

Although he didn't say anything, he didn't seem to mind being called 'master', and his feelings betrayed a sense of pride, even if it wasn't necessarily used as a title or was appropriate. The illusory hand shook with Xian's. Although the hand didn't seem real, it felt real enough to the touch. Shaking it seemed to have some semblance of the mass and movement of another arm. Someone strong enough in the force could see through such an illusion but at this rate, they would need to be on the level of an experienced Sith Knight. Once her grip had released, the hand disappeared. Now he only had two real arms.

"Forgive me for the trick, I'd like to think of it as a résumé of sorts but I understand that some people don't quite like it." He said to her, as he gauged her reaction to it's disappearance. He motioned toward a pair of chairs by the edge of the room, far enough away from the middle to give space for physical training but close enough to be convenient when needed.

"From what I understand, you already know Rax?" He asked as they walked, using the force to adjust the chair and receive him as he sat on it. He sat back and seemed to rest comfortably on the chair, his legs straight out before him, one crossed over the other. His arms splayed out over the arm rests.

Last edited:
From her years with the Jedi, they had actually taught her very little. Xian had already been tested by Alina and that woman knew what she was able to do. These others did not. So when faced with the illusionary arm and hand, the teen just accepted that. Unable to see through the illusion, when they disappeared, she really didn't react except blink her eyes.

"That is a nice trick though. Perhaps it is one I can learn...in time."

She was pretty neutral about it and almost waved off the apology Kalt offered. Giving him a simple nod as a reply the former Jedi listened to the question he asked.

"Yes, we met a few years ago. Do you know the scar on the back of his neck? I gave that to him. I am an Elementalist and strongest with air."

While he had not asked for this information, Xian felt like she should share it. It was something he would probably have asked in the next few minutes anyway. Accepting the chair he offered, she sat down when he did and crossed her legs.

"Are you going to test me somehow? Beyond what you did and that I failed at.

Kalt Bruq Kalt Bruq

Kalt chuckled at her remark about giving Rax a scar at the back of his neck, although he wasn't paying too much attention to it. He used the force to reach out and observe her feelings on him. She wasn't exactly ready to die for him just yet but she had a strong connection to him. That connection will be useful later...

Her being an elementalist was interesting too, although he'd address that soon. "The illusion wasn't a test but a demonstration for you. A resume of sorts on my capabilities." He said, regarding her question and comments about being tested. "And yes and no. I'm here to help you... re-orient. There are some things the Jedi may have taught you to avoid. To limit you. My task is to help you unlearn those limits. To break the chains they have cast onto you and bring you onto the path of becoming a Sith."

He held up a datapad, on it was the code of the Sith;

"Peace is a lie. There is only passion.
Through passion I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power I gain victory.
Through victory my chains are broken.
The force shall free me."
He recited.

"For us, the force is a tool, a weapon to use against our foes, and to build our mighty empire. To mold the universe to our design. We seek order and the right of power to those capable of taking it. We are brothers and sisters of mutual goals, working together to victory." He explained.

"You mentioned being an elementalist, do you mind giving me a demonstration?" He asked, using the force to bring a target dummy into the center of the practice area. He hoped to get an idea of what she was capable of.

[ Xian Xiao Xian Xiao ]

Last edited:
"Oh, I see."

The sense of her losing a bit of confidence returned and this was all Xian said about his first comment. Her lip curled up slightly when he mentioned what the Jedi might have taught her. If he only knew just how uninterested they had been in her personally. Keeping this to herself, he might be able to pick up on some of what she was feeling.

When he held up the datapad, her eyes couldn't help but be drawn to it. She just hoped he didn't expect her to read it. That was one of her weaknesses. The girl could read but it was with great effort. Simple things were an issue and this code he recited did not seem too difficult.

"Aren't those words just a guide? The Force is also a tool for the Jedi."

So far, she understood everything he had said, or at least, felt she had. According to him, the Sith worked with each other, which she had been lead to believe was false. So wrapping her head around this new concept of being Sith was different. In time, maybe she would actually understand what he meant. Right now, she did not fully.

Nodding when he asked for a demonstration, she stood up to face the dummy when it came to a stop.

Picking on her weakest element, a small pebble hit it where an eye would be on a human. Shrugging a little, she was almost embarrassed by her lack of ability with earth. Taking a moment to center her focus and not be distracted, a small cloud appeared above its head and rain fell on it for a few moments. Feeling more confident, she raised a hand and threw a fireball at it. Finally getting into the exercise, she would make a slashing motion with her arms. Air was an invisible attack and most people would never be able to see it coming.

As if a knife, sword, or lightsaber had connected with the dummy, an arm fell off. Turning back to Kalt, she bowed slightly and went back to the chair she had been sitting in unless he had any further questions to ask. Or if he wanted another demonstration.

Kalt Bruq Kalt Bruq

Xian asked if the words are just a guide and mentioned that the Jedi consider it to be a tool as well. Kalt could sense some disinterest in the Jedi teachings, and her general lack of interest in study. Kalt figured that was probably why she was so open to coming here. She had no real interest in the philosophy or morality of the Force, or at least not in the sense that a normal student of the force would. "Somewhat, yes, but they think it's a guide. The hand of fate, if you will. To an extent, that's true, but we have the power to control our own fate, and the fates of those around us." He answered.

"And a guide yes, a guide designed to help you see your full potential. You could ignore it of course, but doing so will make you weak." He said, hoping to give her better perspective. "We aren't very like the Jedi. While we work toward a singular goal, ultimately, everyone amongst the Sith is a potential rival. If you're not able or willing to overcome your rivals, you will be left to their mercy."

"Excellent."
He said upon seeing the demonstration of Xian's elementalist power. "They will serve you well." Kalt was rather interested in learning more about elementalist powers and how they worked. And maybe Xian could teach him a thing or two as well, but first, he'd rather deal with the current topic at hand.

"Have you ever gotten angry at an instructor or another padawan? Or used your emotions to fuel your power?" Kalt asked as he got up and seemed to inspect the dummy. Placing a hand on it's neck, as if to feel for a pulse.

Last edited:
Lifting her chin up, she nodded just slightly and was quiet while Kalt spoke.

"Such is the way of anybody though. A manager has the ability to control those that work under him or her. They decide if another person remains employed or loses their job. And they don't even have to use the Force."

As he moved to the Code part, a sneer crossed Xian's face. She felt she was strong and when Kalt said that ignoring the Code, it would make her weak. Balling a fist, she didn't entirely agree with all people being a potential rival.

"Does that include you?"

Raising an eyebrow, her head tilted to the side in curiosity. Though she thought she knew the answer, the question was already asked. Waiting on his answer, she chewed on her lower lip a little. Then she gave her display of abilities and it seemed he liked them.

"My teachers always stopped me from lashing out at the other kids. So yes, but never did."

Shrugging her shoulders, it was the truth.

Kalt Bruq Kalt Bruq

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom