Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Force is My Ally (Force Warrior & Force Weapon Training)

New Jedi Order Temple Gardens
Sullust

The Force is my ally, and a powerful ally it is.

It had been some time since the Final Order's assault on the planet and the damage was repaired, though Tiland could sense the scars would take a great deal of time to heal. For that, only time could truly bring healing. His herbs could help with nightmares and the long dark nights of grief. Indeed, some had come to him for teas and potions to help them sleep and ease their shattered hearts. This was the cost of war, the cost of the Darkness, and it had subsumed his people so long ago they no longer could remember any other way.

He shifted from where he knelt in the garden, tending a small portion of his own turf he had claimed for his medicines. The supply of sleeping herbs was running low. Yes, there were more powerful medicines, but emotional hurts often required emotional cures. There was something about quietly sipping a cup of tea that brought harmony and peace, leading to healing that could be more powerful than the effects of the herbs themselves.

But heartbreak was not the only thing brought about by the battle. In the aftermath, a wandering Jedi Master had appeared, carrying no weapon and bringing healing wherever she went. Rumors had it that she belonged to the old, nearly forgotten Force Warrior sect of Jedi, having traveled deep into the Unknown Regions for what some claimed to be thousands of years. Tiland doubted that, although hundreds of years would not be unlikely. He had done some poking in the archives of the Jedi Academy in regards to Force Warriors and it was fascinating, resonant, even. Control, meditation, and non-lethal means of defending others. It was the synthesis of his philosophy, which combined with medical knowledge, could be very potent when used properly and in the service of others.

He had gotten the word out to request a meeting with this Jedi Master and she had assented, asking to meet him here in the gardens. Very soon, in fact, so Tiland lifted himself from the ground, brushing the soil from his trousers and picked up his staff, leaning on it as he made his way towards the meeting point. It was a clearing within the trees along an artificial stream that watered the plants around it. Interestingly enough, there was a small sand pit along its bank. Tiland leaned his staff against the bank and took a seat, watching the stream. How apt, if cliche, was the metaphor of time as a river. it flowed on, depositing its riders at their final destinations, while it carried him on forever forward, leaving the rest behind as they became one with the Force.

He sensed another presence approaching, one that burned bright as a supernova within the Force and he turned around. Clearly, she was a powerful user, but she seemed so young. Younger even than [member="Aela Talith"]. No, that was not quite right. There was an oldness in her eyes, some deep awareness of the passages and hurts of time. Nor was her face quite right to be young. There was something different about it, something not quite human, despite her appearance. Tiland stood, bowing in respect.

"Master Yael?" He asked, standing upright. She nodded with a smile.

"Tiland Kortun, yes?" She strode to the bank and took a seat. "Take your seat again. I have been away far too long to hold to formalities." She tilted her head to study him. He shivered. "You are older than you appear. More ashamed of yourself than you let on," She paused, frowning slightly, "And afraid. What can I offer that you desire to know?"

Tiland nodded slightly, uncomfortable with such insight. Now it seemed selfish to ask what he was about to say. "I have heard tales that you are older than you look."

She raised an eyebrow and gave a half-smile as Tiland continued.

"Old enough to go back to the Old Republic era and the Force Warriors."

Her smile faded and she nodded before speaking, "That is almost true."

Tiland cleared his throat. "Would you teach me these ways?"

Master Yael leaned back on her seat on the bank, kicking her feet in the water, and running a strand of grass through her fingers. "Why do you want to learn?"

That was the question of the past five centuries. He settled himself in the Force again, trying to make sense of himself.

"From my research, they studied it for the control, the meditation mixed with non-lethal martial arts." He opened his eyes to look at her and she nodded. "I am a healer. I can not take a life again. The risk is too high, but in these days, I need a way to defend others in my duty as a healer without inflicting lethal harm."

Master Yael rose suddenly, and moved into the sand-pit, kicking some it to gauge its texture. "Let me consider this." She crossed her arms and began to pace.

Tiland nodded and turned back to the stream, letting its waters drift between his fingers. It was cool, and refreshing. Peaceful, not unlike the Force itself. He did not know how much time had passed, but the shadows lengthened and many other students and Jedi drifted past the clearing, giving the two of them space. Finally, he heard her turn.

"I will teach you," She said softly, "Although the training will be long and difficult. Are you willing?" Tiland rose and bowed again.

"I have a few centuries left in me yet."

Dust scattered and settled with each passing step of the armored booths Mantic was wearing. He had searched the Jedi Academy network for studies in the old era martial art techniques and this one had appeared. It appeared a bit off to him, the academy was associated with the New jedi order, an order who had not been promoting the republics cause. But he knew he had to overcome his suspicions or else he would be caught in a net of assumptions and possibly miss-information about them.

Still, there were so many free standing orders these days that one more was perhaps not something to be surprised off. The temple hall ways resembled that of the Jedi orders but it lay within the crumbling borders of the Omega Protectorate and very close to sith territory and even closer to their allies of the Techno Union. Hence Mantic had taken precautions and travled incognito to the place. the galaxy was at a stage of war and with the light being mislead into different directions the darkness was besetting heavily on the core worlds.

Upon turning the last corner he entered the lush garden that was the heart of the structure. He noticed the two force sensitive talking with each other and approached them. They seemed to be talking about old age, and long gone times. Maybe they had started the lesson with a history recap. If so he was late and tried not to disturb them.

He made a formal greeting and inclined his head, scarred and battle hardened features revealed as he took down his hood.
Then he continued to listen.

[member="Tiland Kortun"]

Master Yael moved aside to open more room as [member="Mantic Dorn"] entered, nodding her head in greeting as he removed his hood and prepared to listen. She returned his nod in greeting, and spread out her arm, encompassing the clearing.

"Welcome, Jedi," She said, voice soft and musical, "I sense you have seen much battle and carry great unease." She took a few very precise steps backwards, gesturing for them to move forward. "Find your rest here in these gardens and permit me to aid you." She closed her eyes for a moment and Tiland felt his own tension dissolve as a flood of warmth and compassion rushed through him. Even the stiffness in his leg eased and he gave it an experimental flex. Yal studied them both for a moment and then nodded.

"Jedi Tiland," She explained to Mantic, "Has inquired about the Force Warriors of the Old Republic, beyond what he has learned from records." She took a seat in the seat, tracing designs with her finger. "The tradition of this sect goes back beyond recorded history and throughout the galaxy. I was only trained in the way of the Old Republic Jedi and self-taught after its fall."

Tiland lowered himself to the ground, listening. Yael continued after a short pause.

"The way of the Force Warrior is not about being a warrior. It is a path of self-control and reliance on the Force, utilizing unarmed martial arts styles as forms of meditation and growth, implementing them if necessary into physical conflict after traditionally eschewing lightsabers. We exist in a state of living meditation, always following the flow of the Force and making life flourish wherever we go and never taking it." She gave a shrug. "Others held different views on this, but this my own philosophy and that of my Master's." She gave a lopsided smile. "I was wild enough then that nobody else would train me. Any questions so far?"

Mantic took a deep bow at Master Yal and pressed his steps forward to join the two. It was indeed strange to hear her speaking of his past experiences like that. He guessed he had seen many battles and they were a shadow that he could never completely rid himself of. Or was he wrong, were there ways and teachings from the past that could help cleanse such taint as the war had meant for so many jedi.

This in itself summoned an interest and an eagerness to hear more in Mantic.

He placed himself in a sitting position, legs crossed. Then he smoothed over his robes and looked to [member="Tiland Kortun"] with a nod.

Then he returned his attention to Yal and looked up.

"Thank you, I will be looking forward to hear on this topic."

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Yael smiled in a welcome as the Jedi knight took a cross-legged seat and said he was looking forward to hearing her speak. She settled herself down, smoothing the robes as she seemed to float to the ground. She closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath before slowly releasing it. Her shoulders and the rest of her body relaxed.

Tiland returned the much younger man's nod and sensed a deep calmness radiating from the ancient Master. It was something he had never experienced before, not a level such as that anyways. It was a deep stillness, warm and comforting, and Yael practically shone through the Force .He felt his own tension and that ever-lingering guilt fade away beneath the gentle flame that burnt just in front of him. Truly she was a Master of the Force.

Yael opened her eyes and studied the two of them, pursing her lips as she prepared to speak.

"The foundations for that of Force warriors, and the goal of many, lay in the relationship with the Force, even more than most Jedi. Such a relationship lies in the presence of a constant state of meditation to become a constant conduit of the Force, following its guidance in all moments of life and changing one's body through the flow of this relationship." She looked pointedly at the two students and gave a slow nod. "Let us take time now for traditional meditation, for it is the foundation upon which more advanced means are built upon." She adjusted her position and closed her eyes again, slipping back into that rhythmic breathing.

Tiland followed suit, closing his eyes and adjusting his legs, wincing at the stiffness in left leg. He settled himself into the position and closed his eyes, feeling out for the tendrils of light that connected living things. He found it and let it flow into him. Not a trickle anymore, but not a river, and certainly not a pool. More of a small stream. regardless of its effect, he let it flow into him and fill him.

A face appeared in his memory, a human face, with a broken nose and cybernetic jaw that bled into a deep red scar. Tiland's eyes shot open, heart racing. That was him again. The man he killed over a century ago for attacking children. Other memories flowed in again. The buzz of a vibroknife, tear in his robes, pain, and a muscle-memory response that drove Tiland's palm into the man's solar plexus, crushing it and the rib cage, pulverizing the heart. Then the void as the man ceased to exist.

"Breathe, Tiland," Yael said softly, "All things are taken by the Force if you let them."

Tiland nodded and closed his eyes once more, focusing on only sensing the breathing. In to a count of five, hold for seven, release for nine. He repeated the cycle, trying to ignore the guilt that tore at him.

Mantic afjusted his seating slightly and closed his eyes. The pond appeared before his inner sight. The same pond that he always returned to when seeking to connect with the force through meditation. It was a place where the grand master, [member="Corvus Raaf"] , had taken him a long time ago to help him control the flow of the new found powers he had found. While meditation in itself had not been new to him, this tecnique had guided him deeper into force trance then ever before.
It was a reassuring thought to know that he still could learn and better himself, and it had been what also made him think to enter this odd invitation to seek out new abilities and insights.

The calm surface of the pond invited Mantic with its stillness and he slowly entered meditation. While not in a rush he suddenly saw a ripple in the still water. It centered itself in one corner and started to move toward the center in a most unnatural way.

a disturbance... he opened his left eye and peered toward [member="Tiland Kortun"]
He seemed to have problems of some sort. As Mantic began to formulate a question the master seemed to settle the matter. Mantic held his tongue and although his years of being the teacher made him react like one he knew that this time it was the other way around. He liked it.

It was a good feeling. To be a student.

Julius would jog in almost, eyes still bleary and watery from a recent awakening of sleep. The Corellian was dizzy still, exhausted from the training regimen he had begun yet again. After the stints in the front lines, he had seen that while his abilities were still there, they were not the peaked levels that had been when he roamed with the Republic. Especially in respect to his physical fitness and strength, his time on the Outer Rim had softened certain parts. Guiltily, he had also noticed a slight paunch around his waistline, and a wasting of the corded muscles in his arms, and so he had begun to institute what some would say was an insane regimen of fitness to harden his body to War yet again.

Some were peaceful, flowing and calm and quiet in their ways. But his first Master had said that was not the way for all, and that for some, it was better to be the shield against the Dark, rather than the candle that illumined. Julius found himself grinning at that, and nodded, coming to a stop in the middle of his run, realizing his mindless route around the Sullustan base had accidentally ran him right into the Gardens right in the midst of three others as they trained and spoke. Shaking his head, he prepared a sheepish, but sincere apology as he tried to catch his breath. Something twinged in his mind though, and instead he would look to the eldest of the three with a raised eyebrow and a questioning gesture, as if to ask if she minded company during her lecture.

Force Warriors, eh? It wouldn't hurt to learn more of other ways of thought, I suppose...

| [member="Mantic Dorn"] | [member="Tiland Kortun"] |

OOC: Feel free to tell me to move along, but it seems like a fun topic to listen in on if you have the room!

[member="Mantic Dorn"] [member="Julius Sedaire"]

Tiland focused himself once again on the meditation, letting the Force slip over him like a much beloved blanket. Comfort, peace, warmth, and strength. They all radiated through his body, easing the returned tension until he was calm once more. He settled there, focusing on that to such an extent that he was not even aware of the Julius almost running through the clearing.

Yael looked up as the newcomer entered and gave a nod of welcome, gesturing an arm to indicate for him to sit down. She spoke again, voice softer and seemingly more melodious "Please, join us and be refreshed by the Force." She sent a gentle wave of strength and revitalizing energy his way through the Force. "We are discussing the Force warriors and the source of their strength. The Force and its power."

She stood slowly, gracefully. "When any of you feel you are sufficiently ready, stand and join me in the next phase, integrating meditation and movement. This combines body and Force, not just mind and Force." She began slow movements that first appeared to be a dance, but which were recognizable as martial arts moves. "Think of yourself as a star system and the Force as the sun. It gives you the energy needed to live and move. Your essence revolves around it."

Tiland still sat, letting the words wash over him, but focusing on his meditation. He had gotten out of practice since he had left exile. It was time to re-institute that old regiment. Time passed as he sat there, letting the Force flow through him. He stood at last, taking his fighter's stance. Bent lower, feet wider than normal, and hands out. It was designed for a leaping attack on Anzati prey, but he had adapted it. Yael frowned thoughtfully but said nothing.

Tiland began to move at a slow, deliberate pace. Palm strike. Second strike, clap the ears. The techniques moved through his brain and his arms responded, focusing on perfecting the movement. He continued this strange dance for a long while.

While Master Yael encouraged them to join in some sort of moving meditation Mantic slowly rose to his feet and followed suit. His was the movement of slow yet steady punches and spinning kicks. There was no special pattern other then what made sense to himself at his time.

He tried to imagine past battles as if he had entered them without his saber.

While moving like this he did indeed recognize the flow of the force surrounding them all as they continued their session.

"Master," he suddenly asked without breaking his movement. "What is it that differs these techniques from that of alchaka?"

Perhaps it was Alchaka, perhaps not. But he needed to know what they were trying to do in order to set his mind fully focused.

[member="Tiland Kortun"] [member="Julius Sedaire"]

Alchaka... Julius hadn't really made a particular study of the art, but that is what it sounded like the Master was asking for. And so, that is what he did. The moves were short, simple, empty handed sword katas really. Julius knew only shock-boxing and basic grappling in terms of things like unarmed combat, so he did what he was comfortable with. Not really sure as to how or why he stopped, or was participating in the lesson, originally just intending to listen, he moved from stances of the high guard to low and sheathing and drawing motions, spinning and moving in slow, liquid movements that lead from one to the next as his mind stretched further, getting lost in the motions.

[member="Tiland Kortun"] | [member="Mantic Dorn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom