Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The First Year (Critique me!)

December 15 marks the one year anniversary of my joining Chaos. Today is actually December 12, but I'm impatient.

I started off with two characters, Val and Alyosha Drutin. Now I have many more characters and have tried to write my own personal storyline spanning several threads, in addition to participating in wider faction plotlines. I’ve survived retcons, drama, character deaths, and my own dumb decisions and rookie mistakes. But I had a lot of fun doing it.

I’ve seen other people ask for critiques and opinions of their characters and writing at around this time (and I've jumped the gun a few times asking for critiques too early... kind of like how I'm doing now, heheh), so without further ado, I’m going to link what I consider to be some of my best threads (excluding giant faction threads, I'm not gonna make you wade through hundreds of posts to find mine) down below and ask you, dear reader, to read them and tell me what you think. You could also just tell me that you like one of my characters a lot. Or that you think they all suck. Say whatever you wanna say. Just don't ban me from the site, plz. I like it here.

Starlin Rand Starlin Rand : Apprentice to Flame

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok : Chasing a Rumor On Samovar, Spirit of Adoption (this is a solo thread that I infamously rewrote months after finishing it; in some ways I feel like the original version reads better, but eh)

Inanna Harth Inanna Harth : Wondering About Wonders, The Silver Tower

Val Drutin : The Stardust, A Visit to the Madhouse, A Night At the Opera

Alyosha Drutin : The Dancer and the Assassin, Dragons of Atrisia (which isn’t quite done, but is very close to finishing)

I may also post a self-reflection post later on, idk.

Ravenous

R
I like Nimdok. It's fun watching him operate because unlike 85% of the people here he (mostly) is just some guy. It is really interesting to see how he's gonna respond to a situation that (you would expect to be) completely out of his league. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've seen most of the time the only reason he even manages to stay ALIVE is because he is smart and has enough common sense to know when it's time to dip.

Also, he's infuriatingly hard to kill...

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok

if they're watching anyways
Not gonna lie, my attention span is zero and it'll be a while before I get around to reading all those darn threads.

Still -- your writing is good. I like when you talk about writing, I like your descriptions, I like that your posts tend not to overstay their welcome.

A lot of people have gripes with the style of multiple characters interacting during one subaccount post, but you make it work (from what I've seen) by keeping it mostly as set dressing/intro stuff.

Starlin's pop culture references bother me. >:C

Again, remind me to read more of your stuff so I can better comment on your characters overall.

P.S. Your codex subs are always thorough and well-written.

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom