Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The first rule of fight club

Untitled593_20230218225017.png
Objective: Fight
Tags: Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek

Untitled745_20230610141958.png
Mairéad had been staying at the Castella for a few nights now and was getting settled in to a routine already here, and her first task of the day was to work out, weights, cardio and today boxing. She was a mandalorian, so combat training was a necessary way of life, but this was just for fun and a local man had offered to come up her once a week while she was on premises to spend an hour to train her. They were just finishing up their session and Mairéad had removed her padded helmet exposing her sweat laden hair and red face. She said her goodbyes to Cillian and continued air boxing in the ring to work on her agility. The gym was a modern and well lit facility with large windows looking out across the hill views. It was a fun place to workout, bit only a few of the Family had so far managed to find there way down here.

Across the room she noticed Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek had also arrived in the gym and was warming up by throwing some fists into one of the hanging bags, she couldnt help but notice his good form, both from a technical standpoint, and aesthetic, of course. The capo stopped what she was doing and walked to the edge of the ring leaning down on the ropes facing him, waiting for him to come out of combination before speaking. It was a Mairéad he probably hadnt seen much of before, hair scraped back into a pony tail, limited makeup and clad in her work out gear instead of her usual polished fashion style. And she looked in a good mood, like a woman who was enjoying her lot in life.

"Hey Ragos, you look like you can box. How do you fancy getting into the ring and going a few rounds? And don't worry about the whole throwing a punch at your boss thing.... I'll make sure to go easy on you." Mai laughed and raised her eyebrows a few times in encouragement for him to join her.

Ragos was not intimidated by the Castella's gym. Ragos didn't get intimidated but there was something about it he didn't trust. Everything was the highest standard of quality possible. Brand new weights, clean new mats on the floor, chit the weight machines were so modern they provided real time accurate readings of the user's physical condition and adjusted themselves accordingly, which was a convenient trick to formulating a workout plan. It was all so…sterile, so streamlined, so fething soulless.

Back on Coruscant Ragos owned a gym of his own and it weren't nothing like this. The weights were rusted –but still heavy– the mats were worn, torn, and stained and the few weight lifting machines were decades old, under maintained and most likely a health hazard but there was heart. There was an intangible feeling you got stepping into his gym.

The place he was now was bright, polished and smelled like cleaning solution. Ragos' spot was dim and stank of sweat and blood. A gym like this was the kind of place that created the finest athletes in the galaxy, no doubt about it but Ragos' spot was where fighters were born.

Ragos stood facing one of the heavy bags. He ran his hand along the surface. Not a single crack, tear, bump or flat spot, it must've been brand fething new. So we're the gloves he had managed to borrow. They were a touch too tight having not been broken in –but he preferred too tight to too loose– and he struggled awkwardly to pull them over over his wrists because of the sweatshirt he was wearing.

It has been a while since he wore sweatshirts to the gym, he hadn't done a weight cut in ages but his choice of outfit today had nothing to do with weight he was trying to lose but the weight he had already lost. He's grown so thin, so frail, he hardly recognized himself.

Once his gloves were as secure as they were gonna get, Ragos squared up with the bag and popped it with a flat-footed jab.

Lazy.

The voice of Joran Del-Finn chastised.

Ragos began to bounce on the balls of his feet, slowly at first but it didn't take more than a moment or two for him to find a familiar rhythm. He popped the bag with two jabs in quick succession.

Sloppy.

Captain Joran Del-Finn was a smuggler. The smuggler that had rescued Ragos and his family from Haruun Kal. Joran was also Mandalorian and when Ragos started getting into trouble on Nar Shaddaa with fights and chit, it was Joran who had been asked to teach Ragos the right way.

He continued bouncing. Three jabs thrown at the bag with a snap, head movement — slipping any counterpunch that would've been sent his way if the bag could punch back — his bouncing feet slid him to his right — away from the power of an orthodox boxer's right hand — Ragos ripped a wicked right hook. The bag almost folded in half before snapping back to normal, the sound of the chain rattling throughout the gym.

Fuxkin pathetic.

Ragos winced and stubbornly refused to acknowledge the pain in his side.

"Hey Ragos, you look like you can box. How do you fancy getting into the ring and going a few rounds? And don't worry about the whole throwing a punch at your boss thing.... I'll make sure to go easy on you." Mai laughed and raised her eyebrows a few times in encouragement for him to join her.

Someone called out to him. Rag cursed under his breath. He'd thought he was alone. He was exactly mad that he had company; it was just that Ragos probably shouldn't be in the gym at all. He was supposed to be resting. It was only little over a week ago that he had nearly died from a shooting and only a couple days since his "recovery" from a nasty infection that had come even closer to taking his life than the cowards that shot him from behind.

He looked around the bag toward the boxing ring that was in the gym. Leaning against the ropes, covered in sweat and teasing him about a fight, was a gorgeous woman. She knew his name and felt comfortable enough to poke at him so he probably knew her too but how? If they had gotten together Ragos wasn't likely to forget her…ah, he remembered.

"It's Mai right?" He asked, remembering her from a nightclub on Coruscant. They had shared a couple drinks and a couple of dances that night but nothing else. "It's Ghost. Nobody calls me Ragos." He said with a grin.

"Chit, I ain't got no boss, Gorgeous, but I'd be happy to give you a go if that guy couldn't get the job done." Ragos said trying to match her energy and playful tone despite him not being sure he could whip her if she was blindfolded.

Ragos climbed in the ring with Mai.

"Nothing below the belt, yeah?" Ragos said smirking, holding his gloves out for Mai to tap her's against, a common sign of respect between combatants. He would let her either touch gloves or decline before backing a few feet away and out of her range and bouncing on the balls of his feet again ready to begin.

Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus

Mairéad nodded as he name checked her, it would be hard not to know who she was considering her role in the Family, but she and the guy in front of her had not worked together generally and she wasn't exactly dressed like a boss right now.

"It's Ghost. Nobody calls me Ragos."

"Oh yeah right, I remember, you prefer Ghost, my mistake." she smirked at his little comment about not having a boss, he was here on Epice at the Castella Matrisca... he had a boss. But strong independence thinking was a huge asset for their organisation, as long as it was mixed with loyalty. She was pleased when after that, he climbed into the ring. She was aware of his recent brush with death, she assumed bacta treatment had him up and about so quickly and trying to rebuild his strength.

"It sucks that you got shot," she tapped her left upper arm just below her shoulder "I got mine here, my upper humorous had to be replaced after I nearly died on Kaas. But what didnt kill me made me so much stronger." It was just a friendly share, he could do with it what he wanted, but she wanted him to know he could relax with her and not have to put on some pretence, this was their home now after all.

"Nothing below the belt, yeah?"

"What do you take me for" she grinned in feigned offence and then stuck her mouth guard in. No sense in paying for expensive dental work just because she liked to box. "OK, let's go Ghost." she returned the offered glove tap and backed off bringing her guard up and bouncing on her own feet with her left hip forward. She was very light on her feet and her stance indicated she knew what she was doing. But her form was quite clinical, it was clear that the mandalorians had taught her boxing as a martial art than the more rough fighting style Ragos would have been used to. But Mairéad knew this and was nothing if not happy to learn.

She started with a few exploratory jabs into his guard, trying to the get the measure of her opponent, to assess his speed and if he favoured one arm over the other. She looked at his hoodie flapping as they worked out, that would probably need to come off once they had worked up a bit of a sweat. For bow she would keep a fairly balanced stance until she knew more about the other fighter opposite her.

Last edited:
"It sucks that you got shot," she tapped her left upper arm just below her shoulder "I got mine here, my upper humorous had to be replaced after I nearly died on Kaas. But what didnt kill me made me so much stronger."

"Uh thanks." Ragos wasn't sure what else to say. He wasn't expecting to talk so openly about the attempt on his life, and was more than a little annoyed that it had become a topic of conversation among other people. Mai told Ragos about her own experience with being shot and Ragos tried to figure out if he was being mocked or not. Her line about "what didn't kill her made her stronger" or whatever felt like some kind of dig at him still being in the med bay.

"What do you take me for" she grinned in feigned offence and then stuck her mouth guard in. No sense in paying for expensive dental work just because she liked to box. "OK, let's go Ghost."

Someone who doesn’t waste an advantage. Ragos thought returning her grin. Mai bit down on her mouth guard, tapped his gloves and the fight was on.

Ragos hadn’t brought a mouth guard for himself since this sparring session was sort of spontaneous, he just rolled with it. On his best day he sure he wouldn’t have anything to worry about anyway. This was far from his best day but still he didn’t find himself too worried.

Ragos' lack of concern didn't mean he dismissed Mai's skill or overestimated his own…okay, it was exactly those two things, but to him, in the few seconds of seeing Mai's form and feeling her jabs pop harmlessly into his gloves, everything spoke of a hobbyist.

When it came to fighting Ragos' aspirations had fallen far from going pro but years of his life had been given to the practice; Hours spent in the gym, watching, learning, training; He'd probably been in close to a thousand fights if all the sparring sessions, competitions, and street fights he'd been in were combined and that gave him a pretty good eye when it came to hand to hand combat and his eye was telling him that the the young woman across from him was not a slouch, probably a demon on the bags, very likely gave her sparring partner all he could handle, and clearly had a strong foundation but Rag felt like he could see her thinking, the smallest of hesitations to calculate the right move. That would be his advantage. Well, that and his obvious size and power advantage.

As was his way Ragos stopped bouncing, ignored his footwork and pressed forward. He stood orthodox – with his left leg forward – and made no attempt to counter her strikes or land any of his own, for now he was only interested in how she would respond to the pressure he applied.

"I didn't know you been shot." Rag said as he paced forward. Ragos didn't know anything about kaas or her for that matter. "Chit, Kaas must be some kinda fuxked place that a pretty girl like you gets shot. Is that where you're from?"

@Ragos Terrek had not thrown a punch yet and did not react much to her jabs, he wasn't giving too much away too easily. He advanced on her so she stepped sideways, backwards was a poor option in this ring surrounded by thick rope, she would be no mandalorian if her first step was into corner.

"Chit, Kaas must be some kinda fuxked place that a pretty girl like you gets shot. Is that where you're from?"

Mairéad shrugged as she pulled up her fists to guard against the advancing fighter. "Pretty had nothing to do with it, some mando caught me with my lightsaber and assumed I must have been Sith, he put me down hard, I lost a shoulder, he lost a leg. I was near death for weeks, took a couple of months to feel even close to myself again. Me and that mando called it even after that." she laughed, remembering the awkward meeting she had had with Vulcan Krayt Vulcan Krayt ok Kestri a few years later, she wondered how he might be fairing.

"And no, not from Kaas? Cant you make the accent? Entonces, ¿vas a lanzar un puñetazo o qué?" she switched to native Zygerrian, not telling him her place of birth, unless of course he spoke Ziggy.

She danced lightly on her feet, moving out of his advance before throwing a much firmer punch at the man. She had spent 18 years a slave, five a wandering witch, and now four as a mandalorian trained gangster, he would quite quickly note that she was stronger than she looked and if her punch connected with his lower ribs as she had intended, it might give him a little wakeup.

"And no, not from Kaas? Cant you make the accent? Entonces, ¿vas a lanzar un puñetazo o qué?" she switched to native Zygerrian, not telling him her place of birth, unless of course he spoke Ziggy.

She danced lightly on her feet, moving out of his advance before throwing a much firmer punch at the man. She had spent 18 years a slave, five a wandering witch, and now four as a mandalorian trained gangster, he would quite quickly note that she was stronger than she looked and if her punch connected with his lower ribs as she had intended, it might give him a little wakeup.

"Nah," he said. Ragos wasn't well traveled, but something about Mai's foreign language made him think of home. Not Nar Shaddaa but home-home, Haruun Kal. He couldn't exactly say why it reminded him of his childhood; it was no language he was familiar with. It wasn't native Korunal or Huttese, Ragos even knew enough Mando'a to get by and it didn't sound like that either. He didn't want to just guess and sound like an idiot either so he didn't say anything more than 'Nah'

Mai was as light on her feet as she was on the eyes and she easily circled away from Ragos as he moved toward her. She dug a quick but strong strike into his side. Ragos had never been much for avoiding contact. He knew his brother would've just danced away from the blow or even countered it before it landed but that just wasn't Rag's style, it didn't count if you didn't feel it. Ragos sort of just turned his body to go with Mai's punch, it was a maneuver that didn't do chit other than mitigate the force and pain of her punch by a little. It also kept him close enough to strike back, which he would've done had her punch not landed on the same side of his body where he had been shot. So instead Ragos winced and took a couple steps back in place of firing back with a punch of his own.

"Damn! you fought a Mando and took dude's leg?" Ragos asked appreciatively. Ragos had always thought of mandalorian's as the toughest mutha suckas in the galaxy and had always been glad that he had never had one coming after him. Rag began to advance on Mai again, still not too fast.

"Was he right doe? Are you Sith?" Rag asked her. As far as Ragos was concerned Jedi and Sith could both get fuxked. He didn't have time for either.

Ragos popped a lazy jab at Mai to get a sense of her reaction. He followed that up with another lazy jab and then like a flip as switched he slid his feet behind the jab to close any distance between them and fired a combo, first a hard right-handed uppercut aimed at her solar plexus, immediately followed by a right-handed hook toward the jaw. It was an unorthodox combo and most fighter's were used to the standard left-right combo or vice versa. It would tell alot to see how she handled it.

Mairéad continued to dance with Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek seeing him wince at the impact to his side but he recovered before she had time to let concern cross her mind. He came back towards her with his fists up again.

"Damn! you fought a Mando and took dude's leg?"

She laughed. "yeah, and the bastard nearly killed me for my troubles" she held no grudges, Vulcan Krayt Vulcan Krayt was a decent kid and a good mandalorian, he would only get stronger as he got even more experienced.

"Was he right doe? Are you Sith?"

She didn't get a moment to answer as he threw the question out. To her, she popped up her guard to take the lazy strikes but then the big man came alive, trying to stick one into her stomach, she knew better than to drop her guard to low so tried to turn with the punch, giving him more rib and elbow than stomach. It was enough to give her pause but she could still breath after the impact. She tried to thrown a left jab back as she turned, but the ln she saw the right hook following through and attempted to block it with her right. Just a fraction too late, and just a fraction too close. His fist hooked around her defence and she took a decent impact to her jaw.

She shook herself out and threw a few jabs to get him to back off a little and change the momentum of the fight. "Not Sith no, pretty good with the force though, witch works." she grinned before advancing and throwing out a more aggressive combination of her own, she tried to raise his guard with her first punched before dropping her target and aiming a low hook in at the kidney level, opposite to the side she initially struck.

She shook herself out and threw a few jabs to get him to back off a little and change the momentum of the fight. "Not Sith no, pretty good with the force though, witch works." she grinned before advancing and throwing out a more aggressive combination of her own, she tried to raise his guard with her first punched before dropping her target and aiming a low hook in at the kidney level, opposite to the side she initially struck.

Ragos was taller than Mai by a decent margin and that left him with substantial reach advantage and that would explain why he didn't back up a centimeter from her jabs preferring instead to just lean away. Her jabs still touched him. The sting of leather around his face and neck was not a new feeling and so Rag just rode with it

"Which works for what?" He asked, not understanding.

Mai responded with a flurry of strong strikes. She aimed a good shot at his head, Rag lifted one gloved hand — his left— to block the strike which was a set up for her to take another shot at his body which he had showed to be vulnerable. He turned away from the blow, again refusing to concede the ground he had covered to get close to her. Her glove landed hard against him but thankfully because of his technique she was mostly met with hip bone, mostly, that shit still sucked but at least he wasn't doubled over.

Ragos fired back with a big left hook hoping to catch Mai on her way back up.

"Good with The Force, yeah? Who taught you? My mom taught me."

Mairéad laughed at the slight misunderstanding of what she meant by witch, but would not, or at least could not correct him right now. As her hand glanced off of his hip bone she saw his glove fist coming round to her head and connect squarely, it was a good hit and it knocked the woman back reeling but she swung her leg out to keep her balance and try for a counter swing at her assailant. She smiled when the buzzer she had set went off. She reached over and tapped his glove then took her guard out and twisted he jaw about where he had clocked her.

"By witch I mean ice witch, like the darhomiri, but colder." I laughed "And as to who trained me, that's a long story, a bit of self taught, a bit of Sith and now Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae teaches me." she thought warmly of the lessons she had learned from her adopted mother, very walmly, like standing in a volcano creating ice from suoerheated air.

"I wasnt aware you were a force user, thats interesting, its a useful tool, when used correctly. Might be worth exploring that more some time" she walked over had a quick swig on her bottle then replaced her mouth guard, bouncing in the corner to keep warm and throwing a couple of air punches. "I'm ready whenever you want to restart the clock" she was enjoying this, but anyone's calculations she was losing, but it was fun to feel her blood pumping, and Ragos seemed like a good partner, talented and much morelike a genuine fighter than some of the more clinical trainers she was used to. Handsome too.​

"Woo!" Ragos exclaimed when his hook landed flush against Mai's head. An expression of pure joy and unadulterated adrenaline. Mai didn't go down. If he had been stronger. She fired back with a counter strike and Ragos head moved at the last second and for the blink of an eye Ragos felt like himself. A buzzer went off to mark the end of their round.

Ragos hands dropped limply to his side, his gloves feeling like they were made of duracrete as Mai went back to her corner and removed her mouth piece.

"By witch I mean ice witch, like the darhomiri, but colder."

What the fuck was a dathomiri?

He thought but didn't say for fear of seeming dumb. Instead Ragos tried to catch his wind without tipping off to Mai that he was totally wiped out.

"And as to who trained me, that's a long story, a bit of self taught, a bit of Sith and now Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae teaches me."

"Oh shit. What is that like?"

Ragos was only familiar with Stardust in passing. The Twi'lek was tall, like really fuxking tall, taller than anyone Ragos had ever met. She was also beautiful in a way that was different and hard to describe. She was elegant but also sort of scary like you could feel the violence and power that was under the surface. looking at Stardust was like watching a storm roll in, it was incredible and fascinating but there was no doubting the destruction it was capable of.

"I wasnt aware you were a force user, thats interesting, its a useful tool, when used correctly. Might be worth exploring that more some time"

Rag shrugged.

"All Korunai can touch The Force." He said. It was true. The Force was his birthright, it was a part of his soul that stretched back through time to his ancestors. Mai mentioning the idea of exploring his connection more caught his attention.

"What you mean like training?" He asked.

Ragos 'training' had never been anything so formal as what the Jedi or other groups like that did. What he did was more a spiritual experience, a right of passage more than anything and it was something he avoided thinking about.

"I'm ready whenever you want to restart the clock"

"Chit girl, I'm ready to go." Ragos said.

He tried his best to sound upbeat and excited. In reality he was fething exhausted but he wouldn't let her know that even if she wasn't currently his opponent in a fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom