Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Festive Nightmare

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

Objective: Check out the life day market
Tags: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble
div1.png

Life day, oh how did it come back so slow?

It was that time of year when everyone was beginning to wind down and enjoy the excitement that came on the road to celebration. That was no different for Jedi, who were equally as involved in the joy it brought. Silas, who was wrapped up warm in a blue jacket was waiting for his former master Kahlil to arrive at the large town center. They hadn't hung out casually for a long time, mainly because of how busy they had been in different aspects. Kahlil had a big family to look after and his role as the shield was quite demanding, while Silas had been working almost non stop training the younger generation of Jedi and going on frequent missions.

It was stressful, but Silas knew what he had gotten himself into when he chose his path to become a Jedi.

The large town center where Silas waited patiently was the biggest settlement on the planet. It was covered in colorful lights on each house and hosted a well known life day market that offered food and other things you wouldn't see every day. Silas didn't need to get too much, Kahlil on the other hand was probably itching to get some early shopping done and wind down away from the kids.

At the end of the day, Silas was just happy to hang out with him again

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Hope you weren't waiting too long."

Kahlil offered a wave from where he approached just down the street. He wore more usual clothing, with an acompanying ugly sweater that him and Valery Noble Valery Noble had decided would be this years theme. The Grunch Whole Stole Lifeday. He lifted up a thermos, taking a sip from it. Caf, nice and warm for such a cold day to help keep him awake and alert. "How you been? You uh.. You okay?"

Thelma. Right. He hadn't thought about it till just now, seeing him. His thoughts were on gifts for his family, but he hadn't thought about what that meant for Silas.

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

div1.png

"Ah, Kahlil. I haven't been waiting too long"

Silas waved back to his former master and began to slowly walk up to him. He had to keep reminding himself not to call him sir anymore, a habit that he kept with men that he respected the most. It didn't bother him too much considering they had known each other for a while now, if anything it was probably better to be on a first name basis.

Flashing a frown at his question, it was clear Silas was still feeling the sting of Thelma leaving "As much as I can be" he said with a newfound smile, remembering that all that happened with her was now in the past. The best thing he could do now was focus on the present by admiring the sweater Kahlil chose for the evening.

"Nice sweater, Valery's idea I presume?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Mine, actually. You should see the one I picked for her."

Kahlil chuckled lightly. There wasn't anything like the holidays and spending time with his family. Including doing some of the sillier things like ugly sweaters and the like. Silas didn't want to talk about the other thing though, that much was clear. If it was because he'd moved on or still wanted to process on his own, Kahlil certainly wasn't going to keep pestering him. He took another sip of his caf, glancing around the market.

"So, what are you thinking of getting?"

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

div1.png

"I can only imagine..."

Silas chuckled along with Kahlil and looked into the busy marketplace in front of them, one that was full of life and color. There were a few things he wanted to get, presents for close friends, some little momentos as well the festive food and drink. Some of the pub stalls sold big jugs of beer and turbo dogs the size of your arm, a festive treat you wouldn't be able to get at any point other than this time of year.

"I'm getting a few things as gifts before I move over to the food and drink they have to offer. We can share one of those huge jugs of beer if you want" Silas smiled before slowly beginning to walk in the direction of the market "I may also need help finding a sweater for myself, there's a stall that hand makes them here"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Getting you in a sweater is more mandatory than you think you know."

Kahlil plucked out a small package before handing it over with a smirk. Silas was as much family as the others, so he would naturally be given his own ugly sweater. Then he started to walk towards town with him. "A drink or two might be fun, so long as I don't drink too much. Can't be too drunk when I'm shopping, less I get something utterly random."

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

div1.png

"Huh?"

Silas looked down at the package Kahlil handed over and didn't waste any time in ripping it open. Taking out the warm looking sweater, he lifted it in front of him with a smirk across his face and admired the design. It was the grumpy old man from "The Lifeday Carol" and had the words "Ah! Lundug!" plastered just underneath.

"I must say you've chosen one heck of a sweater" the knight chuckled as he stopped next to a stall to quickly throw on the sweater under his jacket "Now I look the part" he said this time while throwing the wrapping paper into a nearby bin "Thank you guys, I'm sure my gift will more than certainly repay the favor"

He wasn't going to get the present here for obvious reasons, but he had an idea of what to get them all when he had the chance.

"You thought about what you're getting for the family? I can imagine it being no small feat getting everyone an individual present."

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"You do, yeah."

Kahlil smirked a little as he turned to venture further into the town, taking yet another sip of his Caf to make sure he was up and awake. He did have a shopping list after all. Not just from his own ideas, but from Valery too. There was a good number of things they needed to pick up for the little ones. "We've got it figured out. The advantage of being parents is always being ready to give them whatever we can as presents. Several, in fact. Knowing them by seeing them every day for everything they do makes that much easy."

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

div1.png

"Ha, I probably won't know that till I have some of my own"

Silas smirked and thought about if he'd one day be in the same shoes as Kahlil in being a father. He knew it wasn't an easy task raising a kid let alone five, but if Silas stayed true to himself it was certainly possible to become as good as a father like his former master. That however was to be left in the back of his mind for the future, if the force allowed it that is.

"What you just said reminds me of my parents. They weren't millionaires but they made sure to get me the things I wanted as I grew up, no matter how small or big. That was only if I deserved it of course" Silas smiled at the thought and walked up to a stall that was making beautiful handmade necklaces from recycled material. Compared to some kids he appreciated his strict upbringing, in ways it helped prepare him for the attitude of becoming a Jedi.

"Which begs the question, have they been behaving leading up to life day?"

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"True. Though if you ever have a Padawan you might understand it all the same."

He was going to have to get a Padawan at some point. If he didn't already have one anyway. He really needed to keep more track of who had who as a Padawan. More paperwork, but he wasn't about to focus on that. Right now it was all about the holidays and Lifeday celebrations.

"They've been behaving. Aris and Vera have their hijinks they get into, but there's no actual trouble in it."

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

div1.png

"I have been keeping an eye out for any students, but having a padawan is the least of my worries right now"

There was no doubt he'd have to have one eventually, Silas was just too busy sorting things out in his own life to focus on taking on a student. If he did have one, he would need to give them all of his attention when it comes to their development. Anything less will hinder their learning, something which Silas didn't want to happen. Hopefully, soon there will be a chance to do so. There was nothing better than giving back to the next generation who were coming through the order.

"That's good to hear, at that age they can get into all sorts of trouble" Silas smiled and looked over to the beer vendor, his eyes briefly looking up to Kahlil "Fancy a beer now? we've got time to walk things off and have a look around after"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Careful. No matter how busy you might think you are, there is always room for a Padawan in it. That's part of what it means to be a Knight, after all." Not that they were going to force a Padawan on Silas if he didn't feel ready for it, but there was a difference between actually not being ready and just thinking he wasn't. Jedi were often given Padawan's whether they were ready or not.

"Sure. Beer isn't much my thing though, so I'll let you pick which is best, mm?"

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

div1.png

Silas knew at some point he'd have a padawan whether he liked it or not. It was only right when Kahlil and Valery had trained to become a knight so he could train the next generation "You are right, maybe I'm thinking over things too much..." he replied with a sigh, worried that when it came to it he'd not only let them down but the learner with his doubt.

Soon enough though, Silas would have a smile back on his face when he let him choose "You're brave then, why don't we have a dinnis huh?" the knight suggested as they went up to the bar and waited in the short line.

"Also, this reminds me. When you get my presents keep them well away from the kids. You don't want them to get too curious and try things they're not supposed to experience just yet"

Last edited:

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

div1.png

"I'm saying you're brave because I could have given you anything" he smirked briefly and moved closer to the stall bar, a small shake of his head soon following "Don't worry, it isn't anything too bad. It's just to help you guys wind down a little after a long day's work" as long as they didn't go all out, which he doubted considering they were quite responsible then the two of them would enjoy it.

Not long later, they'd both reach the counter "Hello there! Can we have tw-" However before Silas could get what he wanted a loud explosion erupted through the market. In an instant people began screaming and running in the opposite direction from the smoke.

"There's always that one person..." the knight grumbled as he turned to Kahlil, a hand ready on his lightsaber "The drinks will have to wait, we need to figure out which Crooge has dampened the mood!"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"You could, but it doesn't mean I'd drink it you know."

Kahlil paused once they reached the end of the line. Then turned. A sequence of runes rippled through the air before him as he reached out. He couldn't stop the explosion, but he could at least protect the people close by from it, even from this distance.

"Yes, we do. C'mon."

He lowered his hand and started to sprint. They needed to get to the site and hope the culprit was still there.

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

div1.png

Both Jedi sprinted in the direction of danger while the crowd who were in full panic mode ran right into them. When the initial explosion happened Kahlil was able to protect those closest with his runes, but now it was the potential aftermath they had to protect them against. Something about this didn't make sense, why would someone target a town in Azbrian out of all places?

"Come on, we're almost there"

Breaking left into the quiet street where the explosion happened they could both see a house that was half collapsed and smoke spilling from the inside. Even from where they were standing, the chance of survival was low.

"We must be cautious and search for any survivors. I sense that the person who has caused this is still around..."

Last edited:

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

div1.png

"On it!"

While Kahlil kept the rubble safely above Silas moved into the ruined building without hesitation. The place was reeking of death, not only in the force but from burning flesh filling the air in replacement to the once fresh air Azbrian was known for. Nevertheless, if anyone was still alive he'd have to be strong for them.

Using the force to push away rubble blocking the way, Silas was coming up to what was left of the stairs. It seemed like the further he went in, the more he could sense something he knew all too well "I think someone is alive back here!" he shouted back to Kahlil as he looked to find out where this injured civilian was.

However, above Kahlil on the almost collapsed second floor, he'd hear something shuffling about. It was no living creature and the way it moved was big heavy stomps that tested the remaining strength of the foundations.

It was clear the two of them weren't alone.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil's brow knitted together in focus as he continued to keep the rubble lifted above. Silas was gathering out the people that were still trapped, but there clearly was something that didn't belong. A droid, perhaps? But they should've evacuated immediately, right? Or maybe not? He wasn't the best with droids, but they wouldn't stick around a destroyed building, would they?

"Be careful, something else is in there!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom