Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Festival of Great Trade

Just as Amilthi was reaching into a pocket to retrieve credits to hand to the Jawa, she was engulfed in flames.

When the short-lived stream of fire came to an end, the dissipating flames revealed a black-robed, hooded figure standing upright as before, the heavy wool fabric of her coat smoldering, giving off little whiffs of grey smoke, but staunchly refusing to burn. Amilthi was fortunate to have been protected by these clothes and might not have got off so easily otherwise. As it was, she had been able to absorb the residual heat that had reached her skin, dissipate its energy, and redirect it away from damaging her cellular structure.

The Jedi master turned around. Her face showed traces of soot, but her hair, under the roomy hood of her coat, did not seem to have been singed. Her lightsaber was in her hand, but not activated.

A Mandalorian. She wondered when those atavistic brutes would finally die out for good. Their culture was positively suicidal and only seemed to be propped up by a surprising amount of competence they inexplicably possessed and retained.

Someone might have told this Mandalorian that it was unwise to attack black-robed figures. But today he was lucky. Amilthi was torn. Here ice-blue eyes were looking at the man, coldly, inscrutably.

“Explain why I should let you live.” There was no anger in her voice, no challenge - and it was precisely that which gave her words such an eerie quality.

[member="Jair Ordo"] [member="Runt"] [member="Beltran Rarr"] [member="Braelyn Zale"] [member="Val Drutin"]

Oros allowed the matter between him and [member="Caedyn Arenais"] to drop for now. He was aware of the reclusive Je'daii movement and their controversial teachings. Some New Jedi Order puritans had believed them little better than Dark Jedi with delusions of grandeur. The librarian was not so sure. Caedyn seemed to venerate harmony, what he called the 'Ashla', just as much as any Jedi. He only hoped young Arenais realized before it was too late that there was such a thing as evil in this galaxy. Oros knew its face.

Master Starchaser is here because I asked him to come.

While revealing his treachery to them both, the Jedi Master contacted Caedyn's mind directly. These words were meant only for him.

I know you value our secrecy, but when [member="Coren Starchaser"] speaks others listen. He can be trusted.

Oros turned his 'gaze' back to the old corellian. They were both still haunted by Coruscant in their own ways. His fellow Jedi here knew about his past but it was not something he spoke of. After returning from Companion Besh aboard the Gossamer he'd accepted his exile. There were places the celegian could go of course. People he could trust to see him safely on his way. But that was just making the same mistakes. Hiding out in his library save for occasional research expeditions had not saved the New Jedi Order.

“You’re a friend, Oros, and you’re Jedi. Its only right I pay respects to what you are doing out here.”

The Force guides us to our destiny. Some are chosen to lead. Others are chosen to build.

He allowed the two to get acquainted and his mind drifted over Wrils back to [member="Amilthi Camlenn"] where her interaction with a local jawa trader had escalated into a full blown confrontation over some kind of property dispute. This was exactly the type of thing Caedyn and the others were here to prevent, but Oros resisted the impulse to warn them. Amilthi was a Jedi after all and every bit as capable as an Enclave Knight. He was interested to see what she would do.

Force imbued crystal began to glow. Repulsorlift engines whined to life. A vocabulator unit crackled with static.

"Summon a pilot droid."

Far away at the temple hangar Oros floated on board a shuttle. This called for a closer look.

Beltran kept his blaster trained on the Mandalorian as the other man’s hands dropped down to his waist. He could see a certain sense of surrender in the man’s body language, but by no means did the Lorrdian allow himself to be lulled into a sense of security. Mandalorians were temperamental people by nature, and this one seemed even more temperamental than most-to simply start lighting things on fire on a whim.

The truth was Beltran really didn’t care whether the Jawa had stolen the Mando’s fuel starter or not. In fact, had the Lorrdian not intended to buy parts from the very same Jawa, he probably wouldn’t have gotten involved at all. But involved he was and if it came down to the Mando or him, Beltran intended to be the last man standing.

Before he had a chance to respond, one of the women who had been standing near the stall wheeled on the Mando with lightsaber in hand. Beltran knew full well what a fully trained Jedi was capable of in combat. He had fought alongside them, and at times against them. While they could be overcome with planning and the right equipment, it was best not to trifle with one if it wasn’t necessary.
When she spoke, Beltran recognized the tone in her voice. Or, more precisely, the lack of it. It was the same tone he often adopted right before he put a blaster bolt into someone’s head, or slit someone’s throat.

“It seems to me,” He said to the Mando after she had finished speaking. “That you have bigger problems now than a missing ship part.
Probably best you answer the lady’s question before she turns you into mince.”

There was no mocking or smugness in his voice, just a statement of facts. It had to be clear, even to the most hot-tempered warrior, that the man was in a really bad position.

[member="Runt"] [member="Amilthi Camlenn"] [member="Braelyn Zale"] [member="Jair Ordo"]

Caedyn Arenais

C
Attire: Tunic/Robes.
Equipment: Lightsaber & Bo Staff.
Present Company: Oros Oros & Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

C0IMiY0.png

"I know you value our secrecy, but when Coren Starchaser speaks others listen. He can be trusted".

Caedyn Arenais would have visibly cringed if he didn't hold the opinions of [member="Oros"] and [member="Coren Starchaser"] so highly as he did; It hadn't been his intention to come off in any way disrespectful to Master Starchaser at all, and had only been wishing to distance himself from his father's image. Truth be told, there was some history between Veiere and Caedyn that still hadn't been dealt with, most recently the divorce between his parents and the fact that they were pinned upon opposite sides of the previous war between the Silver Jedi Order and the United Clans of Mandalore. Old news that it may be, Caedyn was still young despite his position, and his father was more exclusive when it came to expressions of familial compassion than what others might believe of the Jedi Master.

"Forgive me if I came off in any way rude, Master Starchaser" Caedyn sought to explain himself, "My Sister and I have always found ourselves in our parents shadows the majority of our lives, first on Commenor and later when I sought to join the Jedi" he offered a guilty smile, trying to mask his embarrassment.

"The Force guides us to our destiny. Some are chosen to lead. Others are chosen to build".
Caedyn turned to look to the projection of Oros image momentarily; 'And what is my Destiny, then...' He asked himself, keeping his thoughts from escaping his mouth least he wished to look incapable. The younger male had a hard road ahead of himself, the Enclave of Svivren wasn't a brimming beacon of Jedi activity like Kashyyyk had been, Caedyn's recent rejuvination of the locale had done it wonders thanks to the credits he had backing him, courtesy of House Arenais, yet active members were few and his age didn't exactly inspire others to come running to join him like his father's reputation would have done.

"How is life in the Outer Rim lately?" He asked something of a broad open question, yet the southern regions of the Galaxy hadn't entirely been his focus until recently, where as the Silver Jedi and his personal life alongside [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] had been; "How well do you think the Enclave's activity will be viewed by the rest of the sector?".

Last edited by a moderator:

Val Drutin

V
The conflict had grown to encompass not just Gideon Saigo Gideon Saigo and Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr , but Amilthi Camlenn Amilthi Camlenn , who emerged from the Mandalorian’s storm of fire unscathed, holding a lightsaber in her hand.

Val now observed the scene from a scant six feet away, wishing for the first time that he was a playwright instead of a mere dancer, so that he could immortalize this conflict in prose. Arranged as they were in an unintentional triangle, the three vastly different characters seemed almost operatic, as grandiose and larger-than-life as the ancient heroes and villains of legend. A noble Jedi maid standing firm like a defiant queen before the violence of a masked rogue, backed by a cyborg knight intent on defending the peace...

It was too bad they couldn’t speak with as much eloquence as an actor would, though the Jedi made an impressive show of intimidation with her toneless voice. And he doubted anyone would pay to watch a drama about a fuel-changer dispute, though he had seen stranger premises to stories which were now regarded as classics.

Val waited with bated breath for the Mandalorian’s response, wondering if they would soon be doing battle, or if another, stranger outcome was on the horizon.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mandalorian slightly tilted his head at the cloaked figure beside the Jawa. Unscathed from the flames. Lightsaber handle in hand. Jetii. Or dar'jetii. Whatever. Both were the same to him. Space sorcerers. Quite recently the Mandalorian homeworld of Manda'yaim had fallen to the machinations of the sorcerers and their treacherous Mandalorian lapdogs.

He turned red in irritation but the sacred helmet hid it all. Not only was his fuel starter stolen leaving him stranded on this useless planet but now he had to deal with a sorcerer and their blaster holding pal somewhere behind him.

"I'd rather show than explain." Ordo stated and a thermal detonator materialized in his hand. The dreadful red light came to life as his thumb pressed the switch. Dead man's switch.

"My fuel starter." Jair glanced at the Jawa. "And I will be gone."

Braelyn Zale Val Drutin Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Amilthi Camlenn Amilthi Camlenn Runt Runt

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Shailene-Woodley-Jacket.jpg

Braelyn Zale wasn’t so pleased to see what was going on. Soemone was coming in and causing a ruckus at this little trade party. Sure, maybe people on other worlds had different customs, but coming in like that? No, that was something else. She was just here because it felt like maybe they could use a Judge out here, and well, that seemed to be their whole deal. The Racer-turned-Judge had a blaster on her hip, but it wasn’t that her hand reached to it yet.

She was new to this, ok?

But following the Jedi having her lightsaber out, Braelyn’s weapon was in her hand, she didn’t have it trained on anyone yet, but it was there. Maybe something else was having Braelyn not pointing her weapon any anything, or anyone, or it was her inexperienced.

Or it was the fact that she recognized the Beskar. That was Jair Ordo, the one who saved her life. “Whoa… no one needs to… Mandalorian, there are better ways than flamethrowers to get your parts.” She looked from the Jedi to her Mandalorian friend.

Runt Runt Amilthi Camlenn Amilthi Camlenn Gideon Saigo Gideon Saigo

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
The fact that he was running into other Jedi was not a coincidence. Starchaser knew where most Jedi in his region were. He was doing his best to ensure that the peace was kept between the various sects of Jedi. He knew that Oros was speaking as well, but Coren nodded. “The deeds of one are not always the path of their children. I’d never ask Jared or Kaia to step into my shoes.” As a Jedi, and the General of the Home Guard, Coren finally seemed to be coming into his own as something other than a crusader.

“I’ve been around the galaxy my share, that is true.”
He grinned, a definitely Corellian action. Not all his adventures were good, and it seemed the closer he got to the Core, the worse things were. Maybe he should have gone to Besh alongside Oros before.

“To be honest, the Alliance got her start in the Mid Rim, but I’ve been in the Outer Rim most of my life, save for my Corellian upbringing. I actually prefer it out here.”
He ran a hand through his hair as he looked around as he could feel something, but that it may very well be handled. “You’re not far from Susevfi, we have allies stemming from that world. But a lot of the Rim doesn’t know of all the Jedi exploits. Some hear the New Jedi Order, and that is a trouble I have to live with, but you? You get to start something new. And I’m only mostly on Sullust, if you need assistance, I’m a call away.” Hopefully the Jedi understood that meant the Underground and Coalition brass as well.

“Just don’t over extend and you’ll do fine.”

Oros Oros Caedyn Arenais

Points of light amidst vast oceans of darkness. That is life in the Outer Rim.

Oros offered Caedyn Arenais a more dolorous answer to his question than Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser had. The young steward's heart was in the right place to worry over how they would be perceived. Perhaps there would be some gossip along the more cosmopolitan trade routes but most people out on the frontier were desperate enough to be grateful for a helping hand no matter where it came from.

Your father helped build a grand order in the Mid Rim. Out here each sect must work together to bring that same promise of the Jedi to all people.

He could feel the vibrations of takeoff reverberating around him. The Jedi Master's attention was focused however on remaining with his distant comrades in spirit. By shuttle Oros could reach the capital city in a matter of minutes. Maneuvering through Festival traffic might take a little longer. The skies were covered with revelry skiffs.

I am close to you now, the floating orb of light informed his fellow Jedi, Come. There is something I would have you witness.

Their helpful apparition began to drift away leading them both on a slow walk that would eventually cross paths with Amilthi Camlenn Amilthi Camlenn and Gideon Saigo Gideon Saigo .

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C

z8K1uK6.png

“Just don’t over extend and you’ll do fine".
Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser gave some sound advice, and it was sometimes easy to get lost in the list of things that were required for the Enclave of Svivren to be up and running at full capacity. He needed to allow himself the time and the patience, the pace for which the Jedi there might grow. And if not? Then he would do all that he could, and that the Force would enable him to do there in the Outer Rim, regardless.

Your father helped build a grand order in the Mid Rim.
Out here each sect must work together to bring that same promise of the Jedi to all people.

Veiere has been responsible for the founding of several organizations, including the monarchy of Commenor. The World now held a Jedi Temple there, and he had also been involved in the refurbishment of the Enclave of Deneba, the continued works of the Order of the Silver Jedi, among others. Caedyn didn't know Coren at all, nor did he realize the extent of which the older Jedi Master was familiar with his Father, but Veiere's influence followed him never the less.

Come. There is something I would have you both see.
Master Oros Oros seemed intent on leading Coren and Caedyn elsewhere, to which Caedyn nodded in quick acknowledgement. He didn't wish to deny the guidance and wisdom of his elder peers within the greater Jedi Order, and he was after-all, here to help.

"What is on Susevfi?" He asked Master Starchaser as they walked, "...-And is the New Jedi Order very large out here in the Outer Rim? Could the Enclave here not contribute to it as it once did the Order, way back...?".

Amilthi felt the indignation over the existence of a person with so little regard for others' lives, the disgust it evoked in her, the wish that the world should be free of such beings. She longed for a better universe that was rid of such creatures, even as she knew the futility of such striving. But every little bit counted...

The Jedi observed these emotions of hers from a centre of tranquility amidst the storm. They were a part of her, but they were not her. She could act on them and the man would die. But with equal effortlessness, she could let them be as they were, existing, but not reacted to, nor acted upon.

When the Mandalorian pulled out his live thermal detonator, it came as a relief that she would not now have to decide whether to take this life. Amilthi calmly turned around and sought out the offensive ship part. It was now blackened by the fire, and possibly damaged further. It was also still hot, but Amilthi picked it up without hesitation and seemingly immune to the pain that it should have caused.

She tossed it right at the Mandalorian, slowly enough for him to catch. Her lightsaber, unignited, was still in her hand, but her actions seemed very calm and deliberate and there was no sign of resentment. Her acquiescence was not begrudging.

"You should be more careful", she said simply. "People like me are rare. Most would have died and made you a murderer, or would not spare you now." It was not a threat, nor mockery. It was simply a piece of advice, just short of being actually friendly.

Gideon Saigo Gideon Saigo Runt Runt Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Val Drutin Oros Oros Braelyn Zale (Caedyn Arenais Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser )

Last edited:
Beltran raised an eyebrow as the Mandalorian produced a thermal detonator. It was a gutsy move, to be sure. But one that would be highly effective-if by effective one’s intention was to cause widescale death and destruction.

“Mandalorians,” The Lorrdian murmured under his breath as he lowered his blaster to his side and holstered it. He was fast, but not so fast as to believe that he could kill the armored warrior and take hold of the explosive before it detonated. “So temperamental.”

He listened quietly, as the Jedi spoke to the man, handing him the singed ship part as she did so. Given the situation, it was the right call. There was no need to cause anymore disruption over a part that had probably now been damaged. Once again, the Lorrdian was struck by the serene lack of emotion she displayed-even in her body language-as she spoke.

It wasn’t that the didn’t feel, he came to understand as he watched her. But she had such control over her emotions that they barely even registered to the outside world.

Taking a step forward, he walked passed both the Jedi and the Mandalorian to where the Jawa had been laying on the ground, trying to smother the flames from it’s cloak. Offering a hand, he said.

“Please, let me help you.” He said simply. “Now that this excitement is over, could I purchase some power converters from you?”

Gideon Saigo Gideon Saigo Amilthi Camlenn Amilthi Camlenn Runt Runt Braelyn Zale

“Whoa… no one needs to… Mandalorian, there are better ways than flamethrowers to get your parts.”

He recognized the voice and turned to see a few feet away from him the familiar face of Deputy Zale. The point of contact for the job on Zonju V where he ended up capturing a Jedi gone dark. There was nothing much for Jair to reply to her when the Jedi ceased her threats instead opting for something that was supposed to be words of wisdom...to aruetiise.

"Okay." Ordo replied simply to the sorceress and took the damaged part from her hand with his free one. "Don't touch what's not yours, Jawa or the next time might be your last."

With what he came for in his hands, the Mandalorian left the scene with one final glance at the Deputy.

It was time to go home.

Or what was left of it.

Amilthi Camlenn Amilthi Camlenn Braelyn Zale Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Runt Runt

Braelyn Zale

B
The fact that she didn’t get immediately fired at by the Mandalorian meant she had done something right on their last meeting. Maybe? Or he didn’t have any gripe with her at least, those two statements didn’t need to be related. What she was watching was everyone else. The Jedi, the patrons, and the Jawa. The Judge didn’t want an incident here, but she doubted she could do much to stall the situation if it got out of hand. Galactic politics and… personalities?

Yeah, apparently that was harder than she suspected to deal with. A hand ran through her hair.

“What was that?” She looked at Jair and followed him. A Jedi could be trusted, she probably didn’t need to keep tabs on Amilthi. But a Mandalorian? He did help fight the Agents, but was that more for his benefit, or the Coalition’s?

Gideon Saigo Gideon Saigo Amilthi Camlenn Amilthi Camlenn Runt Runt

The New Jedi Order is no more, there was a trace of sorrow in the Jedi Master's thoughts, It fell along with the Temple on Coruscant. Our Grand Marshal saw to that.

From his words Oros made it clear to Caedyn that this was a sore subject for them both. Master Taeli Raaf had once numbered among their most trusted allies until she revealed herself as a deep cover Sith Lord and plunged their fallen order into a civil war from which it would never recover. Coren's scattered Jedi Covenant was all that remained of a once proud institution that had for a time rivaled the Silver Jedi.

When the young steward asked about Susefvi Oros paused.

The Outer Rim holds many secrets. There are some sects who value their privacy far more than the Jedi. Susefvi is...protected.

He spoke no more of the subject for now. Instead the celegian remained silent until they arrived at their destination.

Do you see?

They had arrived just in time to witness Amilthi Camlenn Amilthi Camlenn and Braelyn Zale defuse the tense stand off between Gideon Saigo Gideon Saigo , Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr and Runt Runt . Oros halted his illusion well shy across the market, allowing events to unfold without their interference. When it was over he studied Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser and Caedyn Arenais to see if they appreciated the lesson here.

Out here in the wilderness, he finally spelled it out for them, There are still those willing to stand for peace and justice. Jedi ideals, even if they do not all subscribe to Jedi doctrine. This is how the light survives when all other lights go out.

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C

z8K1uK6.png

The Galactic Alliance's story was quite well known to the common public, although the time of their peak was during the youngest years of Caedyn's life and thus he wasn't mature enough to experience it, or relate to the feelings that both Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser and Oros Oros expressed. He had assumed that the New Jedi Order was still an organization that was in play, today.

"I'm sorry to hear that..." Caedyn offered his sympathies over the Jedi of the Alliance, and kept it short at that. It wasn't difficult to pick up on the reluctance that Oros portrayed over the subject.

From where they stood alongside the Master Librarian, Caedyn caught the last glimpse of the exchange between Amilthi Camlenn Amilthi Camlenn , Braelyn Zale, Gideon Saigo Gideon Saigo , Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr and Runt Runt nearby the market stalls. Oros appeared to be rather fond of the outcome, emphasizing that hope was not all lost with the lack of a Jedi presence in the Outer Rim.

"People don't need to be Jedi, to do good" Caedyn agreed, watching from a distance. He had seen ordinary people achieve great acts of kindness, while some of the Jedi he had met had done much less with their time. It wasn't his place to criticize others, but he certainly understood that the potential in people to be kind and compassionate wasn't based on whether or not they followed in the Jedi Path, let alone believed in the Force at all.

"I guess people notice the Jedi more because the Order has put itself out in front of public awareness during times of war, and the ability to wield the Force has always been an eye-catcher" He continued to voice his thoughts out-loud; "There's always going to be people who want to do right in the Galaxy. Whether or not the Jedi were around wouldn't change this. I just hope that the Enclave here will provide a little more encouragement and help to others...-Sometimes these people that want to do good, get hurt in the process and that's why the Jedi voluntarily put themselves in front of these situations. So others don't have to".

Val Drutin

V
Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Amilthi Camlenn Amilthi Camlenn Runt Runt Braelyn Zale Gideon Saigo Gideon Saigo

And… that was that. Val sighed in disappointment, his hopes for grand drama having been dashed.

With the situation winding down, he headed back to his junk pile—only to find a pair of Jawas rifling through the merchandise.

“Hey!” he called out, running over. The Jawas hurried in opposite directions, their arms full.

Val’s anger rose like bile, then turned cold and vacuous. He suddenly understood the Mandalorian’s rage over his stolen fuel-changer. Reaching out with both arms, he felt the two presences of the Jawas, seized them through the Force, and brought his hands symbolically together.

The two Jawas flew backwards, strewing their stolen junk in a trail across the promenade, before they crashed together in front of Val, falling in a stupefied slump on the ground. At least one of them looked to be seriously injured in the collision.

“You can’t just take things!” he bellowed, not caring whether they could understand him or not. “You have to pay for it first!”

The danger of what he was doing, especially after what had happened only minutes earlier when a similar situation befell a hapless Jawa accused of stealing, was apparently lost on the madman. He was annoyed, both with the Jawas and with himself for leaving his stock unattended, but this chilling irritation and flagrant disregard for life was abnormal even for him. The storm of his emotions was being drawn into a single contained point and siphoned off into another being. And though that being wasn't even on the same planet, their Force bond remained as parasitic as ever, leaving Val with nothing but cold fury.

Oros Oros Caedyn Arenais Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

Hearing, well, feeling, the words that Oros had for Caedyn was not ever something Starchaser wanted to admit. There were times where he felt he could bring back the New Jedi Order, or times he felt, maybe he should have taken the mantle of Grand Marshal when Omai Rhen fell. But by that point, the deed had already been done, the wheel spun. And visiting the past, there wasn’t anything that could be done. Nothing to reset time. He could only move forward.

And that was what the Jedi did. He pursued the Sith but was doing his best to make sure the Jedi remained grounded. Not lost to the darkness. He knew that the Covenant wasn’t the only Jedi, and he continued to do what he could to link the various Jedi together. Under the common banner. Though there were others he could trust, and the residents of Susevfi being many of them.

However, the trip to this world had more wisdom than Starchaser was expecting. The Judge, a Jedi’s child, and a Jedi Master dealing with the tension between the Mandalorian. Looking at Oros, as his friend continued, Starchaser was nodding.

“That, Caedyn, is one thing I tried to instill in the Covenant. Jedi have the means, and therefore the duty to be there, to stand between the galaxy and the Sith, and push the darkness back. If we can be a beacon, a reminder… that is all we need to be.”
Even if that was not what Coren felt he could be. He had the capability, and the desire to do more. To be more.

Oros Oros Caedyn Arenais

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom