Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Festival of Glad Arrival [ Open To All! ]

He looked down at her and raised a brow slightly, he did not like the look she was giving him, not one bit.

"Felix," He said with a straight face, "And I will call you m'am because it makes you feel old." He said his face set in stone looking at her, holding back a jest inside.

Truly he just wanted to be left alone, but he had a sneaky suspicion that she wasn't going to let him go that easy. She reminded him of those goody-two-shoes characters on the shows, or the ones that you hated to like, or loved to hate, depending. To be honest, he was confused why such a polar opposite would come to him, and then he remembered the saying, 'Opposites attract' and wanted to run.

"Yeah I guess I like ice-cream." He said matter-of-factually as she gave him a disgusted look like he had done something wrong.

"I mean but I'm not really hungry.... AH!" He yelled with a start as the girl practically dragged him to the ice-cream vendor at the Festival.

Following her reluctantly as she held him by his shirt and the people gave them a, somewhat strange look as the girl dragged him along. He felt embarrassed, which was saying something, because he never felt embarrassed. He looked at her as she ordered food taking credits from her dress, "I would like a... or not." he said a little confused as she ordered for him.

He stood there as she gave him the bowl and looked at it and then back up at her, "Mmmmmm. Better, Mr. Frownies?" he heard her say as he just looked at her, he slowly lifted his spoonful to his mouth so she wouldn't hurt him.

[member="Nyree Justice"]

[member="Felix Hardy"]

"Mmmmm, yummy," she said licking her spoon. "Can't go wrong with tripple chocolate."

He was eating. Good. Good. It was a start. She'd make him smile. Everyone smiled. And she was good at making people happy.

An ordinary person would probably have asked why he was sad. Or what the problem was. But really, Nyree didn't think that would do anything. The he'd start crying and she'd cry and everyone around them would be crying too. There was no end to it. Things only got worse from there.

"Good, right?" she asked Felix, "You know, you got a weird name. And that's coming from me, I've been a lot of places." She got another mouthful of ice-cream. "Felix Frownies." she said, eyes squinting," Did your mom not think that through, Felix? I mean no wonder your sad. I bet you got made fun of a lot as a kid."

She mouthed another spoonful of her sugary sweet goodness. "So what do you, ya know, do?"

He raised a brow as he licked his spoon and continued too eat more of it.

Eating the ice-cream reluctantly he just looked at her, and thought of the running he'd have to do to get those calories off.

He could tell that she was trying her absolute hardest to get him to smile, laugh, be happy, but he just wasn't that kind of guy, and he knew that she couldn't make him smile at the things she was attempting to make him smile with.

"Yes Nyree I was made fun of as a kid, Felix Frownie was my name, they all laughed and sang my name, joking and kidding, making fun of me." He said this in a straight voice looking at her, his eyes dulled down as he said this as he just continued to eat his ice-cream standing there with her, how did I get myself in this situation he thought to himself as he looked at the girl.

He raised a brow as she asked this question and he nodded before answering to her, "Inter-galactic conqueror."

[member="Nyree Justice"]

D'vok turned around, noticing that he was in fact, hungry. He had been in hyperspace for a week, living off stale bread and correllian whiskey, and he couldn't stand it anymore. He walked over to the ice-cream stand, and ordered one of everything. when the confused gungan at the register asked how he would pay, D'vok slammed a hefty amount of credits onto the table, saying something along the lines of;
"Yousaa just get the food before meesa get mad, mmkay?"

"Man. It sucks to be you," she said chewing on a mostly frozen strawberry. "I blame your mom for that. But at least it matches your face. You could just--"

Her mouth gaped and Nyree's eyes widened for a moment as she caught the deadpan sarcasm behind Felix's voice. "HEY!"

Nyree shoved her spoon in her mouth and balled her fist. She punched his arm as hard as she could. Which really, considering everything, wasn't really hard at all.

"Serves you right," she muttered into her ice cream as she sulked. "I wish your name was Felix Frownie."

Then he said something about being a conqueror. She snorted with laughter, almost so hard ice cream came out her nose. "Riiiiiight. And I'm a cover boy for GQ."

@D'vok Windroamer I [member="Felix Hardy"]

He looked at her with a deadpan stare just watching her as she went on about how bad it was to be him.

When she finally realized he was being sarcastic he almost burst out laughing but he held it in so well she would have never known.

Watching her as she shoved her spoon in her mouth he raised a brow as she balled her fist and punched her, in a deadpan voice again he said to her, "Ow."

He looked at her as she wished his name was Felix Frownie, "Isn't your name Nyree Justice Smiles?"

Looking her over for a second he raised a brow as she said she was a cover boy for some company. "You can't possible be that, your definitely not a guy."

[member="Nyree Justice"]

[member="Felix Hardy"]

"I hope I broke your arm, meanie," she pouted. She didn't mean it, but it felt good to say. And that was something.

She felt a glimmer of happiness, being an empath and all, but he hid it well. If she didn't have that on her side, she never would have known. Meanie.

"My name is Nyree!! Nyree Kayla Justice, and that's it!" she exclaimed on the verge of hyperventilating. She looked around and found a nearby park bench and climbed on, standing on it so she could see--almost eye to eye. Her hazel eyes narrowed into slits. "And how did you know my last name, huh?"

Aaaaaand then his eyes went south. Nyree covered her goods with both hands, recoiling in semi-revoltion. "Contain yourself! I know I'm good looking but keep your eyes," she waved to her face, "Up here."

He finally let out a bit of laughter as she hoped she had broken his arm, kind of mean but funny.

Looking at her he saw her screwed in concentration as she seemed to be focusing in on something.

He watched her as she almost hyperventilated on him and then ran to a bench so she could be eye to eye with him, he slowly made his way over to her and looked at her. "It was a joke, but it's nice to know that now."

As she said that he stepped back for a second and gulped, "I-I-I wasn't staring at your.... I was talking about your facial structure and your very feminine physique not your...." He stammered a little trying not to get the whole park on him.

[member="Nyree Justice"]

Finally, he laughed. That was taxing, but it was worth it. It wasn't that he was special, he was just her pet-project right now for approval. "See? Life is a lot more fun when you're laughing. You should do it more often, your starting to develop wrinkles," Nyree tugged her cheeks downward, making her face look more droopy, 'And it makes you look like this."

He said something about a joke--but Nyree wasn't buying it. It made her think of a horror movie she saw recently about a girl who 'acidentally' met a stranger and he turned out to be her lifelong stalker. Man, that guy wasn't hot, and this guy was even less hot, the resemblance was uncanny.

"My facial structure is up here, Felix!" she said even louder, waving her arms all around her face. The second she realized her blunder, Nyree covered her chest again with narrow eyes of suspicion, "You did it again, didn't you?"

She shook her head, "You dirty man."

[member="Felix Hardy"]

He frowned again as he looked at her, as she tried to explain to him that smiling was better then frowning. He didn't buy it, he liked frowning, it gave others nothing to work off of. Gave him the advantage, but sometimes he had to give in, but he wouldn't again. He thought about wrinkles and didn't mind, he could get plastic surgery.

Raising a brow slightly he was confused, she thought he was weird, but she was the one who started this whole conversation, this just confused him more but he just shook his head confused.

"I wasn't looking down there Nyree why do you keep saying that I did." He said this taking a step back as she waved her arms around her face and then covered up again, he shook his head, why did she think he was staring at her.

"I'm not, you keep assuming I am." Shaking his head he gave out a sigh, dear lord.

[member="Nyree Justice"]

Falcon Rekali

F
There was what it was to be a Mandalorian, then what it was to be Rekali, and the latter was an entirely different animal not exclusively the former. He had embraced the name and way of Rekali far more than that of the ever-shifting instability of the clans, and after a time when , returned to the life of a scholar. Home was still all the way back on Dathomir, as it had been for what seemed like an age, but employ was on Coruscant with its university, the next-best thing to the University of Corellia, which was still not quite what it had been.

His credentials had still checked out, and he had taken on a load of professional development and refreshers before returning to the role of professor, and practising in the field, after so many years away raising children with his late wife, and bending to the cause of an ever-changing Mand'alor. Coming off of a dig, the festival had caught his eye when an old colleague in Naboo's post-secondary system implored him to come and take it all in, citing a long-ago memory of when they had attended a conference that coincided with the same festival, as undergraduate students of anthro and xenoanthropology.

Having been embroiled in deep discourse with his colleague, and a bevy of others he had been introduced to this eve, Falcon hadn't yet been able to pull away and simply enjoy the festivities, much less attend to the presence of his eldest child, that prickled at his psyche and distracted him. Eventually, he couldn't make it wait any longer, and waited for a break in discussion to part with the group.

"It's been nice meeting all of you, but there's someone else here I must talk to," then, turning to his colleague, "and it's been great seeing you, Anfis. We'll have to do this again."

Hands were shaken, and he separated from the group of scholars, scientists, and businessmen, peering a moment into an empty glass in his hand, then deciding to detour for a refill, at the nearest bartop, for a whisky, neat. It wasn't Whyren's, but it sufficed.

Then he turned back to the gathered denizens, and began scanning the crowd.

I know you're here, ad'ika, a sip... and he began to make his way through the crowd.

Reaching the man she threw her arms over his shoulders and pulled him into an embrace, burying her face in the crook of his neck. Her voice was muffled when she spoke, but she hardly cared. Excitement had overtaken her. Jamie had hardly expected Kurt to show up unannounced to the festival. It had been some time since she'd last seen him, when he had to return to Kaile and the SIS to continue their work.

It had been some time since her election to queen. It had been some time since the events of Mustafar and Hoth, events she struggled daily to forget.

"How are you!?" She was practically bouncing up and down with glee. "How did you get here!?" A short burst of giggles followed as she pulled back and looked at him. "How long are you staying!?" The RSF quickly began to quietly attempt to usher the two back towards where Jamie had been seated before, though it was difficult to get her attention when she was so focused on Kurt.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

She barraged him with a litany of questions that he couldn't immediately answer because of the security guards that were gently prodding them to go over and back to where Jamie Had been seated earlier.

Kurt for his part gently squeezed Jamie And then tried to get her to follow along with the security officers.

”I took a ship.” He answered with a sly smirk. ”I’m fine.”

Surprisingly so in fact. Things had been going well over the last few weeks. He and Kaile had settled into a quiet routine and surveying had been surprisingly easy to both figure out and actually do. It was menial as far as a job went but in all not that bad. He didn't hate it.

”I'm staying until tomorrow morning, I have an early transport back.” He kissed her hand gently.

A small smirk touched his lips. ”How is my Queen?”

The words were said too quiet for anyone but her to hear.

Mira frowned slightly. “I don’t believe that probably is the right answer, do you?” She nudged Isar in the side as she was pulled closer to him, a sense of comfort and ease washing over her as her hand fell to his chest. She gently patted him, tilting her head to the side as she observed his reaction to her touch and the embrace that she found herself in. Mira chuckled softly and nodded. “Yeah, for the most part, I am.” Which was partially the truth – she had come to enjoy the company of others and the festivities. Mira flashed a grin, looking up to Isar. “Not trying to steal me away from everyone are you?”

She knew he had something planned, or maybe she was just hoping. He could, after all, just be hoping she’d be sticking around for a while instead of taking off to deliver more goods to other nobles. “I mean, not that you can steal me away when you have the one thing that’s important…” Mira’s grin got a bit wider, looking up to him with crimson orbs. “My h-“ Mira would be interrupted suddenly by one of her workers, panting heavily and pointing behind him.

“Ma’a..m.” The man struggled to catch his breath as Mira broke her embrace with Isar to go over to him and place a hand upon his shoulder. “Paku, what happened?”

“Big…guy.” He wheezed and kept jabbing at the air behind him causing Mira to look briefly at the crowds and then back to Paku. “Says he is your dad.”

Mira blinked and let off a soft laugh, patting him on the shoulder. There was no way in the seven circles of Chaos that Falcon could find her here. In her absence in the Force, among other things – the man had to be – “Oh, right.” Mira grunted and looked to Isar before turning back to Paku. “You didn’t tell him where I was, did you?” Reality was, none of that mattered. She knew that Falcon would be right behind this man and the situation was about to get really interesting.

[member="Isar Kislo"] | [member="Falcon Rekali"]

Isar laughed softly at Mira's question about trying to steal her away from everyone. That was precisely the young Kiffar-Naboo hybrid's intent. His laughter had only just ebbed when Mira began to add another comment. The point at which her statement trailed off, Isar more or less knew where she was going. The grin that slipped across his lips grew until they were abruptly interrupted. Resisting the urge to roll his eyes at the interruption, Isar shifted his glacier-blue gaze to the new arrival.

During the course of Mira's exchange with the man, Isar's face went from mildly irritated to curious to...shocked. The sound of Mira's laughter caused Isar to swivel his head back her direction, arching a curious brow. "Dad huh?" Gradually, Isar's easy smirk returned to his lips, concern about meeting Mira's father never even really registering. This being the first time Isar had ever really had...true feelings about anyone, he was decidedly ill-versed in the procedures of meeting parents. He rationalized most things in his mind, and this was no different. Isar would simply be meeting someone very close to the woman whom he hoped to be very close to. Further more, it wasn't as if Isar was some scrub off the street.

"You trying to set me up?" Isar nudged Mira slightly before leaning in to whisper into her ear. "You can pay for your machinations later." The accusation was a joke. The activity to which he alluded...certainly not.

[member="Mira Rekali"] | [member="Falcon Rekali"]

“Me?” Mira gasped as she maneuvered back into Isar’s embrace. “I would never think of doing such a thing!” Her facial expression was one of shock and almost appalled at the notion he would suggest she would be so nefarious. She flashed a grin and nudged him in the side, looking into his azure orbs. “I’m sure I’ll enjoy every moment of your so called punishment.” Mira chided with him, knowing full well the playfulness would eventually catch the attention of those approaching – more specifically [member="Falcon Rekali"]. She didn’t care though, what was Falcon to say? She was certain he would be his usual self, very protective and measuring. Mira figured he’d size up Isar and get a feel for him and then subtly pass off judgement to Mira in conversations later on.

Most likely very awkward conversations….

Mira knew she could have it worse, toss in Aton and Aaralyn and she had a party going that was certain to spell disaster. She considered herself lucky that her mother was dead and the most damage she could do was when Isar met her in the Netherworld – that was if he opted to do so.

[member="Isar Kislo"] | [member="Falcon Rekali"]

Isar fixed Mira with an easy smirk as she maneuvered back into his arms. The smell of her hair wafted against his nostrils as she responded to his jest. Fixing Mira with a thin smile, Isar did his level best to think of something else to say. His glacier-blue orbs danced over her form as thoughts that had already been scratching at the back of his mind quickly became integrated visuals. Memories of their last time together in the Lake Country forcing him to shift his eyes in the direction from which Mira's father was supposedly approaching.

In that instant, Isar snapped his attention back to Mira. Without warning or any real provocation, he pulled her body firmly against his one once more, placing his lips passionately to her own. The young Jedi wasn't thinking about anyone walking in on them or what would be said. He was, however, thinking about just how much he didn't want to be at the Festival anymore. It was that thought and that thought alone that prompted Isar to slowly break the kiss.

No sooner had their lips parted than Isar smiled at her. "Yeah...we're definitely leaving." They weren't going to just sneak out the back, however. In truth, Isar did not care who saw or what they saw. Offering Mira his arm, the noble of House Veruna was perfectly content to stroll casually out the main entrance to his waiting transport.

[member="Mira Rekali"] | [member="Falcon Rekali"]

It didn’t take the Force to feel the swirl of emotions that radiated between both her and Isar. The passionate embrace they shared was just one obvious clue to their feelings for each other. As they broke away and Isar spoke, Mira would let off a soft laugh and nod in agreement. She accepted the awaiting arm, wrapping both of her arms around his tightly and resting her head against his bicep. She kept up with his strides, matching him step for step. It had been a long time since Mira had felt this way about anyone, a very long time. She had wondered after everything that happened between her and Fiore if something like this could happen again – and as fate would have it, it could.

She never imagined that Isar would be so bold to leave an event that he was required to attend, not to spend time with her anyways. Mira never thought herself to be such an important person – she was just herself. Her thoughts drifted back to Fiore and the time they spent together, the emotions she felt but that seemed to be swept away with a tug from Isar. She chuckled as they departed the festival, and soon after in his transport – most likely back to his family home, for quality time together.

[member="Isar Kislo"]

The two wandered back towards where Jamie had been seated before, escorted by the security officers.

"I'm well. I can't believe you came! But I'm glad you're here, and that everything is okay."

Part of her had worried that the next time she saw him he might have brought along more bad news. She was happy to see that fear put to rest. "So much has happened recently, things we should talk about, but in private. Too many listening ears about to do so here. Nothing you need to worry about though."

That whole invasion of Mustafar and subsequent capture was said and done with, and she made it out no worse for wear, save for the drastically shorter haircut and few fresh scars, but Kurt needn't know the exact details of those two points quite yet.

"How is the job going?"

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

He eyed her suspiciously for a few moments, mostly because the last time so much had happened Jamie had ended up telling him about how she had been captured by a Sith. The Pilot frowned for a few moments, but then simply sat himself down next to the now Queen of Naboo.

"It's going okay." He told her honestly.

There wasn't really anything to tell about it. Surveying was about as boring as boring could be. Unlike being a Courier there were generally little to no surprises and one would be hard pressed to actually think of something exciting to talk about. It was a good thing of course, given Kaile's condition, but part of him missed the excitement. It was an odd thing considering, but perhaps that was just his nature.

"It's...boring." He told her with a smile. "Safe."

They had explored half a dozen core-worlds that people hadn't visited in centuries, taken seismic readings, scans of the planets core, and then studied the atmosphere. "I took some pictures for you."

Kurt said with a smile, reaching into his coat pocket to take out his communicator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom