Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Fated Darkness Rises

Tags: Darth Sorn Darth Sorn

Solar_de_Uyuni_1050x700.jpg
Screaming. That's what awaited Kinhaes when she slept. The vision she had been trying so hard to study had started to plague her sleeping hours. Every night was ended with a sweat covered Padawan as she tried to calm herself down. She was experiencing the dreams in even more detail. Now she saw the planet's surface and even some hints at its origin. After going through every known Inquisitor and Sith who traversed any planet with a frozen landscape, Kinhaes found the planet.

Crait. A barren wasteland of a planet with salt covered red soil as if stained with blood and ash. The perfect place for the Sith she was hunting to be. Knowing from a Jedi Master that she had expressed concerns about this vision to, Kinhaes knew that the events of it were not far off. Not wanting to give any worry to the others around her, she left a small recording on her ID within the Temple that explained her goal and that she wanted to deal with this demon herself. That she couldn't bear anyone else being hurt by them.

With the recording set to be delivered to her closest allies within the Order after a few days, she entered and left the hanger on her Jedi Interceptor ship. After breaching orbit and attaching herself to the Hyperspace Ring, set a jump for her destination.

d3292al-5e8663af-e039-49e3-a9d8-5c89c72a4b24.jpg
The flight took barely any time to her, yet hours must have passed before she arrived at the pure white planet. From far above, it looked like Hoth, with the snow forming an impenetrable, blind white. After hovering above the atmosphere for a while, she reached out with the Force, her sight aiming to focus on any Force Sensitives below. The land below felt almost lifeless, yet she could feel so much more below the surface. Like tens or hundreds of lifeforms existed just out of sight, yet not quite among the living. Curious, Kinhaes decoupled her Ship's Hyperspace Ring and piloted downwards. The salted ground parted around her ship as its thrusters compelled it to move from its frame. With a hiss, the cockpit hatch opened as Kinhaes stepped onto the planet for the first time ever.

Having donned her white armour, Kinhaes almost blended into the landscape, the red flakes of the soil and dust in the air giving her form away. The saber at her hip, made of red and bronze metals lightly tapped her leg in the wind. After reaching into her pouch, she pulled out a small recording device. "Entry 1.5.1. I have arrived on the Planet Crait, having felt a pull to this place through the visions I have been documenting for a while now. The connection to the Force on this planet feels... Tainted. Like something darker is lying below the surface. If I have not returned to the ship within forty eight hours, the ship's safety protocol will be triggered, and fly back to Coruscant with all the data within its systems. If anyone finds this recording and not me, then I should believe that whoever they are can assume the worst has happened to me. I don't plan on coming back, until I have my answers."

Silencing the device, Kinhaes placed the small recorder into the ship's cockpit. After a small press to her wrist controls, the ship closed and activated its brand new defence. A Ray Shield generator that covered the area of the ship. It would last just until it entered atmosphere or until deactivated by her with the approval of a security code. With that, she looked out at the wasteland before her, placing the helmet to her armour on. The white, illuminated visor reflected the bright sun across its lens. Kinhaes was ready to end this once and for all.

c93ec542d276f15ac5e44cff11bc5a50--story-inspiration-alien.jpg

"Subject 567 has experienced nausea, panic attacks, and is showing signs obsessive compulsive disorder. Witnessed subject frequently wash their own hands despite it being clean. Despite Force persuasion, subject has shown intense anxiety but through dose of benzodiazepine I managed to calm them down. Interesting to note the active midichlorians gathering around in the cerebral cortex about 700 of them. Through my Force influence I was able to see what was going on. The subject's connection to the Living Force is limited and the midichlorians are trying desperately to reconnect. Possible OCD symptoms a result of limited connection to the Force? I must investigate further but for now I'll place him in stasis."

Darth Sorn switched off his Holorecorder seeing a human male suspended in animation. He was some poor merchant who needed to refuel after a long trek hauling items across the Outer Rim. Once Sorn captured him, he decided to experiment on the begging, swiveling man. Mostly out of boredom, the locals on Crait were still undergoing reconstruction due to Sorn's desires to strengthening a person's connection to the Force. Theoretically, everyone is connected to the force thanks to the microorganisms known as midichlorians but the majority do not have enough of these bacteria to be considered force sensitive.

There is still a symbiotic relationship between Force and the organism that inhabit the galaxy, all Sorn needed to do was inject more midicholrians into them. But that simple method resulted in colossal failure. <Sir!> Sorn's protcol Droid: BIO-232 came to Sorn while he was in the middle of finishing up his report. <We have an unknown person landing near your lab. Scans show that the ship belongs to the Galactic Alliance. I assume it's a Jedi.>

Sorn remained silent, he sensed a disturbance no, a great opportunity. This intruder was strong with the Force, they could serve as his tool to experiment on. "Let them in." Sorn said softly.

<Sir?>

"You heard me BIO," Sorn replied holding out his hand as his Saberstaff flew to his palm. "Shut down the Battle Droids and open the entrance. I'll see to our guest."

The Dark Inquisitor The Dark Inquisitor

0x0.jpg

The salted air blew against her cloth undergarments of her armour, the waist piece catching the breeze perfectly. Closing her eyes, Kinhaes tried to block out the lack of sound around her and focused on her breathing. It was slow, calm and steady. Her mind wandered back to the lush forests of a world that she had not treaded on for over 10 years. The forest with huts, violence and Sith. The last moments of her master was viewed by her on that day. Cut down by so many. A terrible memory to remember, but an important one. She could never trust a Sith. Not entirely. Some where honourable, acting like great duellists of trade and even some with an air of nobility. It was hard to give them a fault in their courtesy.

Opening her eyes, the young Padawan looked out at the empty lands. Gazing across the land before her, Kinhaes could feel something. Like a darkness was moving. But to where, she had no idea until she felt it. The presence. It was getting closer. Not wanting to seem rash or easily tricked, Kinhaes took a kneeled pose, using the brief calm before the storm to meditate and focus on her reasons for being there.

Without opening her eyes, yet turning her head slightly, she heard and sensed that a hidden doorway had opened, concealed by the gritty sheathing. Taking a breath, Kinhaes stood up slowly, her hand over her belted saber. The crimson red and polished bronze reflecting some light from the sun above. "I am seeking something," Kinhaes called out, knowing the other would hear, "An Inquisitor who might have visited. Wearing armour fused to their body." Kinhaes turned to the direction of the cold sensation through the Force to face the open hatch, and her approaching advisory. "Hand over the information, and we can at least save the violence for later." Her instincts were screaming at her to be worried, yet she never wavered, her aura through the Force barely faltering as she faced ready for her opponent.

Last edited:
The large, rusted bronze blast doors opened in front of the intruder allowing her to enter the cave in front of her. Darth Sorn approached the security room his hands behind his back wearing his Sith Armor. His eyes gazed at one of the cameras that directly showed the disturbance in the Force. Sorn had to squint to see who it was as Crait's Sun reflected off of the Intruder's bright white armor. How vain does one have to wear such drab such that? Yet beneath the ridiculous armor, Sorn could sense the sheer power that this person possessed as well as the innate darkness swarming inside of her trapped behind bars of discipline though those bars are starting to rust. When she demanded information about an inquisitor, Sorn couldn't help but smirk. A young woman trying so hard to be a Jedi, it was almost sad. Why waste your life trying to be something you're not? To deny emotions, to restrict your knowledge of the Force due to moral arbitrarism?

It is a person's right to know everything there is about life and how to manipulate it from a molecular level. Science has no time for what is right, only what is the truth. The Jedi were fools to be willfully ignorant something that Sorn doesn't have time bothering to entertain. But this young woman shows great promise. Either Sorn could capture her and attempt to manipulate her midichlorians so she can bend to his will and be a subject to many experiments regarding her strong connection to the Force or perhaps he can convince her to join him? To be free from her chains and unlock her true self.

"I do not know who you are talking about," Sorn spoke through the intercom. "But I know you Padawan, there is a rage inside of you begging to be released. You know in your heart what the Jedi are doing suppressing who you are is wrong. I can show you a new way of thinking, a pathway with no restrictions and a power that no Jedi can ever hope to contend against."

A frown formed on Sorn's brow. "Come inside," Sorn said. "And I can show that the Dark Side has pathways to many abilities some consider to be..... unnatural. But that is a point of view derived from fear and ignorance, the Dark Side is a reflection of the true face of nature. It's one worth studying for we are all symbiotes to the Force and it's ours for the taking."

60cef1e6a84cef001e5ef847.jpg

The wind started to pick up as the voice on an unknown man spoke through a speaker system. It was now evidently obvious that she was identified. Though she was no one for full frontal assaults, she knew that she had no choice if, no, when this proved to be an ambush. Making sure that the man's words were drowned out, she marched forwards, hands ready to call her weapon at a moment's notice. The wind around her across the white landscape began to recede as she entered the darkened cavern. Instantly, Kinhaes could feel the cold chill run up her spine. Under her armour, her skin began to crawl. She had faced some foes in the past. Many were non-force sensitive. This foe, however unknown it may be to her, was indeed something dangerous.

"Do not let his words affect your goal. Rage is not to be used. It can taint your mind and soul like a plague," Kinhaes kept as an almost mute mantra in her mind as she took a hidden, deep breath Kinhaes ventured further. The walls and ground were strange, not natural at all. Kinhaes' mind ran with the possibilities of meeting the owner of this place and what he would look like. But the thoughts of what he had said still troubled her. That he knew no idea who she was after. However, the young padawan discarded that. It could easily be a ploy to get her to leave. Or push her to advance into this place with no caution. Which her eyes told her she didn't need much of. It was silent, even for a place such as this. She had expected people, or droids to be waiting for her. At least some kind of battle force.

"Disappointing," Kinhaes thought as she reached halfway down the stretch of cavern from the door. The white armour along her body didn't help her hide, but at least in the darker environments it absorbed some of the surrounding hues. Taking her lightsaber from her belt, Kinhaes held it stiff in her hand. At a moment's notice, she could easily ignite and counter whatever she was to face.

Sorn could easily read her mind, the young woman was in conflict with herself trying to stay calm now that a dark presence is in her vicinity. It was pretty pathetic to see somebody as powerful as her try to deny her potential. "I can sense conflict within you young one," Sorn announced his voice echoing throughout the gave. "The Dark Side welcomes those who are wise enough to seek its power and I can tell that you have abilities that can transcend the nature of the Force."

His Droid stared at the woman analyzing her movements. "That's it," Sorn said. "Come find me and I will break your chains and set you free. You are nothing more than just a wandering soul who is drawn to the darkness."

If it was one thing that Dark Side had was time and patience. The Jedi preaches patience but it pales comparison to a Sith. "Come my child," Sorn continued. "Keep walking into the Darkness and embrace it's power. I will be waiting for you."

EXMdn32XsAgmG2B.jpg:large

Taking her steps into the dark underground base, Kinhaes held her grasp firm on the weapon's handle. Just walking through this place, submerged in darkness was enough to bring her to a chill. Not along her skin, but deeper. As if ice had landed on her bare bones. The feeling of the Dark Side. She hadn't ever encountered a Sith this close before. It was suffocating. But, she pressed on. The crimson and bronze handle of her prized weapon flashed with the faint traces of light from the odd piece of digital tech giving its minuscule glow. Each step into the growing expanse of abyss grew the freezing cold in her heart and soul.

The words of the man in charge of this place, the Sith, cut into her like a knife. She knew what he meant by conflict. She had known it all her life since her master was cut down. She had witnessed the whole event. From that day, a desire for revenge entered her heart. But, in her master's memory, she had pushed it down. Pushed it further than she could ever know. But, since she had started to have intense visions of a war zone, with an inquisitor cutting down allies and friends alike, she had grown restless. Not out of that longing for revenge, but desperation to help stop that future from happening. The reverberations of the man's voice through the halls of this subterrain lair echoed throughout her body. She almost wanted to tell the man to shut up. If not for the small part of her mind, the darker recesses that she never ventured to spoke out to her. "He's right... give me control, and you can have all the revenge against all those who took him from you," the voice spoke, like venom turned into words. Her head pained her further, the craving to silence the voice grew as it talked. "You were never meant to be a Jedi. So full of anger, and resentment towards those who you blamed for your master's death. For the death of your childhood. For the life of yours that was taken away so young," it continued to mutter, as if judging her, yet also trying to persuade her to do something irreversible.

Kinhaes kept her hands steady as the darkness filled her surroundings. Once in pure darkness, she flicked the switch on her handle, the golden blade cutting through the void around her. Light ignited the walls and floor, even parts of the ceiling. The glow of sunlight scorched the daarkness, causing it to retreat, as well as the voice in her mind. Just seeing the blade ignited and in her grasp helped steady her mind. It was a reminder that she was worthy of the title of Jedi. Even if she was just a Padawan. "I am worthy. I am a true Jedi," Kinhaes spoke quietly, only to herself, but the voice responded. "And yet, you're still a Padawan. Not even a Knight. If they valued you any more than a pawn, why wouldn't they praise you for it. Showed their gratitude for all you gave up in the life you were forced to abandon." Kinhaes's eyes slightly glazed over in doubt. WAS she worthy? Or not? she deep down wanted to scream her defiance at the notion of being unworthy. She was resolute, powerful and stronger than the dark. But that one part of her, ignored for years reared its head. Was she so certain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom