Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Family Tree

LGheader2.png

Shaye had heard the name Starchaser before.

Mostly, whenever her mother had to curse her no-good absent father. The young woman hadn't ever given it much thought. Years had gone by since she'd last pondered the name. After learning about her force sensitivity, she'd actually attempted to do some research. She'd only just cracked the surface of it all, but there it was...

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser , a famous Jedi Master, apparently.

The more she read about the Jedi and the events surrounding the light-sided groups, the more she saw the name repeated. Starchaser this, that, and everything. Bitterness formed like a stone in her stomach, the more she thought about the possibility, the worse it got. And when she tried to distract herself with her own training, it didn't help – but it did give her an open channel to the rage that seemed to fuel her connection.

Her ship was now in orbit Kattada, a world within the Silver Jedi space. Blue eyes narrowed at the world, a marble of blues and tans. As she contacted the temple and receive clearance to land, she took the ship down to the tropical world. It was the sort of place that looked more like a resort than a place for Jedi. Even though, she'd never really met a Jedi before, she imagined them sitting monk-like on cushions of uncomfortable rock... not enjoying the sun or surf.

She'd requested to see him – Coren – by name, so she supposed he'd come to meet her out here at the landing pad. For now, she'd just stick by her ship. After lowering the ramp, she stepped to the bottom and took in the surroundings. Shaye had to secretly admit, the sun did feel pretty karking good. But, there was a sense of impending doom hovering over her, threatening to snuff it all out.

There came a lot of times where Coren Starchaser was surprised, but in take of a new arrival to the Kattada temple? That shouldn’t be one of them. It was always an interesting time when Coren was on the temple, and not off doing some other work, but with Celeste and the twins basing out of here, he couldn’t be away for that long. And truthfully? He was thankful for a home base such as this. It added a bit of structure he felt he definitely needed, being him, after all.

As he was requested, he did make an appearance. Wearing Jedi robes of leather, sleeves absent to make up for the temperature on the world, he stepped into the landing bay when he saw the new ship arrive. Corellian make and model, nothing to surprising there, and he could feel the pilot in the Force slightly. Untrained, must be. But something familiar. The handspun cloak, white and gold, over his shoulders like a cape. He was a Grandmaster at one point, and an Enclave leader. It counted still.

“Welcome to Kattada, Captain. I’m Master Coren Starchaser. A pleasure to meet you!”

Shaye Ares Shaye Ares

Shaye turned slightly as a cloaked figure approached, dressed in hues of white and gold. He looked very much like something out of a holo-comic, she mused silently. However, at least he wasn't wearing the drab old brown like most of the Jedi she'd seen depicted in various texts.

“Um, hi,” she said in response to his enthusiastic greeting. Normally, her eyes would have narrowed a bit into a skeptical glare. However, she figured it'd be best to try and get on this guy's good side. Shaye stepped up to him, quietly trying to appraise him without staring too much.

His eyes were the same as hers.

That alone wasn't enough for her to make any declarations, of course. And so, she decided to get to know this Jedi Master better. “My name is Shaye,” she started, with a smile that was maybe not so genuine, but it was pleasant looking. “I recently found out that I'm force sensitive.” She remembered briefly the night she'd met Ashin at the night market on Near Pando.

“Someone wise told me that I should experience all the force has to offer before making any choices about my own path.” Shaye looked up at him. “Can you help me learn about the light side?”

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

It was always something to help bring a new Jedi, or potential into one of the Temples. It was even better when it was your own temple. The Starchaser clan was well known for their exploration and wanderlust, but even Coren had to admit it was nice to have a home base of sorts. The world of Kattada housed one of the largest Jedi cartography locations, an expansive library, and training grounds on the tropical Kattada. When people came to a world, they always had their own story, and even if they were from a planet he knew, it was interesting to hear their own story.

She seemed a bit more reserved than he was, but well, most were. He did his best to not be intrusive with the Force on new comers, for one, it was tiring, and two, he was no longer the galactic police. He was still a protector, but he swore to Celeste it wasn’t going to be what it once was. The girl had blue eyes, they were familiar, but he felt like the last surprise he’d have was Kyra Perl Kyra Perl .

“Well, Shaye the Force Sensitive, where are you from?” He enjoyed those kind of conversations, and would signal for her to walk through the door, where several tables and comfortable chairs were waiting. It was an intake room of sorts.

“And I can, but since you found yourself to a Jedi Temple, I assume you already knew that?”

Shaye Ares Shaye Ares

As they walked through the door, she cast a last glance over her shoulder at the beachy splendor of Kattada. There were probably worse places to have a Jedi temple, right? Like some frozen wasteland. She pondered his question for a moment. Sure, it was easy enough for most – but for someone that traveled all over the place... it wasn't.

“I was born on Coruscant,” she said with a shrug. “But I'm not really from anywhere, I guess. I move around a lot.”

And, when he turned her question back around on her, Shaye eyed him out of the corner of her gaze. She drew a breath, trying to keep her tone even and neutral – but she was holding back. “Well, yeah. I knew you could, but I was more wondering if you would. There was a difference there.

As she took a moment to look around, she noted the overall mood of this place. It was rather relaxed, more so than she'd imagined it would be. There was a vast aura here, too, that starkly contrasted with what she'd felt on the Pojema with Ashin. But all of these observations would be kept within the vault of her mind.

“And what about you?” she asked, remembering the reason she'd really come here. “Where are you from? And have you always been a Jedi?”

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom