Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fall of Soceras -- pm for invite

18qdfo278yb12jpg.jpg

The bar was as quiet as it was filthy. After everything that lead him here the spacer needed some peace. His dirty hand gripped the green bottle on the sticky, unwashed counter. The drink was cheap, lukewarm, and flat before the cap even came off. But in back water sectors of the galaxy like this one, expiration dates were seen more as a few suggestions. But for now these impoverished sectors of the galaxy were his home. It was the only place James knew he wouldn't be recognized, even with the large beard covering most of his face.

He took a rueful sip from the bottle. He couldn’t even remember the name of this dirt ball he was on. It was just one of a few on this trade vector he found himself on. The man remembered when he could have drown himself in liquid of higher quality than this. Literally, not figuratively drown himself. Times had changed and he deserved this piss, high society and quality drink had been wasted on him. He drained the bottle, setting it down.

The bartender took the glass, looking at James.

“Another,” he said tossing a credit chip onto the bar.

The bartender produced another glass without a word, James took it in his hand and took a few mouthfuls. He gagged, almost throwing the swill up. Somehow it was even worse than the other bottle. He sighed, fitting. There was nothing in this galaxy left for him now. He was abandoned. Alone. Just like he should have stayed in the first place.

James gulped away at the second bottle. He tried his best to make it wash away those nasty memories of better times. He should have never tried to be something more than he was. James had shot for the stars and failed. He knew he was garbage, another pile of refuse moving things from one spot to another. This was his destiny, there was no point in denying it anymore. No matter how many troops, toys, or tools he surrounded himself with would change that truth.

In a dark corner on the other side of the bar, the battered jukebox played a tired tune that was easily twenty years out of date. The warbling melody took him back, against his will to brighter days back on Soceras, where it all began.....

"My lord, my lord!" said the droids voice, breaking him from his sleep.

James rolled over, his arms draping across the two women on that side of the bed. The other four occupants of the massive bed all let our whimpering protests at being awoke by the mechanical being.

"What do ye want?" he asked, trying to ignore the massive hangover that already seized him. He squinted at the clock on the wall. It was 2 pm, Tuesday.

"Sir, the protesters are outside. They've come in numbers," the protocol droid said.

James pulled himself upright, he scratched his head. "Protesters? What fer?"

"Sir, the famine,” the droid explained, “There are a number of civilians displeased with the status of their living as a result of it."

James managed to pull himself out of bed, wobbling. The hangover got even worse as he was upright. "Damn it. Just open the storehouses. That's what they be thar fer."

"We have, sir. Like you ordered us to when this began. the droid reminded him, doing its best to remain patient. “They are empty."

James stared at the droid. "What? How long has this be goin?"

"Sir, six months," the droid said, irritation showing in its synthetic voice, despite its noble efforts. "You ask this every morning, sir. Every morning and every morning I give you the same answers."

"Damn." he grabbed a robe from the floor, covering his bare body. "Aight. Ye get Star on the line.Tell her we be needing to buy some grain off her hands and tell her make it fast. Money be no object."

“Yes, sir, right away.”

He grabbed a half empty bottle from a nightstand and staggered out of the room. The droid wasn't far behind. "Sir, what are you doing?"

"I'm a lord. It be me job to address me people," he reminded the droid, before giving the bottle a swig.

"Sir, are you sure that is wise in your current--um--condition?"

James stopped and gave the droid a winsome smile, "The people love me. I be their great leader. Why wouldn't it be a good idear?"

She had lost contact with him a long time ago...he was her beginnings...what led her to lead the planet of imahalyan. So to track him down to some dingy place way off the path after everything that happened, not even knowing if he had lived or not but by merely tracing his footsteps to a hole in the wall. The 7 foot tall armored twilek entered drawing a few eyes but most looked away seeing how armed she was. Approaching James carefully she removed her helmet

I see to find you in these places...dont I?

If only she couldve done something different back then...maybe they wouldn't be here....

maam, you've received a message from mr justice they said they need grain quickly their planet has been struck by famine

The younger queen smiled, having just finished reading up on something and signing off on it.

of course! Well hurry get a freighter full a out time I visited my dear friend see what is up with his planet

The servant nodded and left, within the hour her freighter was running through hyperspace en route to James planet. They dropped out a little earlier then they should

why arent we on approach vector?

A helmsman pointed forward, to the mass of ships orbiting the planet

that's why your majesty

James came out onto the balcony, bottle in hand. The blinding light of the sun made him blink a few times before he was adjusted again. His eyes still screamed in protest, but he would manage. The crime lord looked down at the mass of people gathered bellow him. He could feel the anger rising off the crowd like steam rising off a boiling pot. Their chants of anger and irritation challenged him, demanding they get the help they deserved. He spread both of his arms wide for silence from his balcony. They slowly simmered down to hear what he had to say.

"People, I appreciate ye enthusiasm," he said began. A droid hovered near by amplifying his voice to the crowd bellow. "But we all be workin' at this as hard as we be able. Times be hard, they be harder than we e'er known in a while. But ye know that this shall pass too. Aye, there soon be a better freedom than we known in quite some time too. We all be sufferin' through this--"

A roar of disapproval came from the crowd. Various projectiles of rotten food and stones bounced off the side of the Angel's Den.

"Liar!" rang out one of the voices.

"My sister slept with you last night just to get a full meal!" screamed another.

"Equality!" shouted a third.

"We are doin' the best we can," James roared angrily. The dark side fumed off him with pure fury. Strands of purple dark energy ripped off his body, onto the floor. He drank in the rage from the crowd bellow him, fueling his power. They feel silent, this time in fear instead of respect. "We all be sufferin, e'ery last one. We tryin'a find an answer here. We called in a favor and Star be bringing us food and supplies as we speak. So quit complainin' and get back to work!"

He hurled the bottle from his hand at the crowd angrily. He stumbled from the effort, almost falling backwards. A jeer of disapproval came from the people bellow. He turned and stumbled back towards his chambers. The faithful protocol droid wasn't far behind. "Sir?"

"What?" James demanded, glaring at it over his shoulder.

"Ships are in orbit," the droid said timidly.

"Well let Star in," he growled irritably.

"Sir, they aren't her's, they are more advanced than anything we have ever seen," he said. "And they have us surrounded."

"Get me a line to Star," he muttered. "And a bottle of gin."

_______________________________________________________________________________​
"I din't want to be found," was all he said to star, not even look at her from his fresh bottle. Silence fell between them, the bartender looked at the new green alien, giving her a questioning look as he presented a bottle of their local swill.

James took a swig from his bottle, setting it down on the counter with a hard slam and a sigh. Growing up in back alleys and on the slums, he had learned how to avoid detection with the best of them. But he guessed if anyone could find him, it would be Stardust, and maybe [member="Kay Arenais"], wherever she was. He hoped she never found him again. He had already ruined enough of her life too the way things had ended between them.

"But I guess even that were too much to ask for," he said at last. He looked at Star, his eyes dull and glassy with the spice that was in his body. "When will ye learn that I be bad luck and get the hell away from me?"

[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"]

ya knew I was always a stubborn ferfek James, I stuck around when I should've ran.

She glared back to the bartender, as if saying dont question a thing as she sat down and nodded for the bottle to be sat down. Once he did she poured it for them both and took a drink

yeah, well if it werent for you, finding you in that planet I might've not met a few people I know...be who I am...besides I couldnt leave a friend behind
~~~~~

Every attempt to get closer to the planet resulted in warning shots right over the freighter, causing them to pull back again. Stardust was getting irritated really quick gripping the railing of the command deck as she took a deep breath and let it out

maam receiving a holo from the surface seems to be James

She sighed, finally

patch him through

Stardust stepped forward into vore, her holo appearing to James

what the hell is going on James? The planets blockaded! I've tried entering and they've shot at us every time! And I'm getting reports if riots? James what happened

[member="James Justice"]

"Hell if I know," James said scratching the back of his head. As he did, he absentmindedly let go of the robe, exposing himself full-montey. It wasn't anything Star hadn't seen before, given their history. But--well, there might be a few eyes on the bridge that got an eyeful of something new. He looked at the droid who was holding the holoprojector with an accusatory eye, "They be telling me we in a famine. And there be something about ships on the horizon."

He leaned forward, taking a datapad from one of the many advisers who were circling around him. He tapped the screen a few times before giving a scowl. "Damn it. I know this design." He had stolen a ship from one of these beings, and now after the fact, it didn't matter that Kay had brokered a peace between them, The Thetans were here for blood apparently. "Thetans. I--er--may o' pissed in their milk. So to speak."

He grabbed a bottle of gin from another assistant, giving it a swig, "I thought we'd a' had maybe two more months before they'd hit us. It only happened two weeks ago."

"Sir, you stole the Nestis Cora eight months ago," the droid reminded him timidly.

"Hell, shut up before I rip ye voice box out," James spat at the droid. He looked back to Stardust, "Make a hard press, I'll give the order for the TY-400's to open fire and maybe give ye an opening." A Molotov cocktail hit the window, bursting in flames against the transparisteel, "Things be getting bad out here. There be no time to waste."

________________________________________________________________________​

Stardust Solus Skirae said:
ya knew I was always a stubborn ferfek James, I stuck around when I should've ran.
James couldn't help but smirk. "Which time? I recall thar bein' many a time ye shoulda run."

James took the glass from Star and quickly downed it before finishing off the bottle of beer he'd ordered before. Out of all the things that had changed through the years, his heavy drinking had only intensified. She was his friend, that was certain. But James didn't know if he was her's.

"I'm cursed, Star. Everything I touch dies," he counted it out on his fingers, "Justice Shipping, Soceras, Anara, Nyx, Kay, Gray, Ryn, Brooklyn, Jessica, Calvin, me own dad, you," his voice softened as he said his first, and only, wife's name, "Leighlah too."

He waved his arms around at the filthy bar, "This be where I belong. This is[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] what I deserve."

[member="James Justice"]

A smirk played on her own lips

good point, good point old friend

She poured another, for both, downing hers as she listened and looked forward closing her eyes geng to soak in the words them sighed out

yeah? Well I ain't fething dead am I? Ypu know well as I I crawled out of the grave kicking and screaming and then foowed ya into hell

She turned to him, looking him in the eye with fire...fire that burned bright into the cold room

yeah? Wasting away good talent...in a filthy hole like this...tell you what james... care to do business once more? Under me this time?

~~~~~~

She groaned James sure knew how to piss people off but usually get put of the situation

James ugh...alright alright I'll make a push for the planet I should be able to with this old gal

Ignoring the fact he was in full day bare, keeping herself in line as she looked around her bridge apologetically, she nodded to the pilot and they started speeding up

see you planet side

[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"]

"I am still just as much to blame," James said before draining the new glass of booze. "If ye think I can lead anything else ever again, ye damn wrong. I dunno if I am made for anything else anymore except what I am doin' 'ere. Running guns, drugs, and people for the highest bidder."

He had crossed every line now, even to the point of human trafficking. Each life was a fresh scar on his conscience he had to bear. He gave her a long hard look, "I dunno if I can stand puttin' ye in the firin' range of me own problems again, Star. They always catch up to the people around me. Ye know it. Just like it did then."

___________________________________________________________________________​
The defense satellites, hundreds of them, began firing on the fleet above. Their Mass driver cannons each sending a salvo into the blockade above. James stormed down the hall to his war defense room. It wasnt the first time Soceras was attacked and it wouldn't be the last. He watched as the projectiles roared towards the blockade in a steam of blue lights towards red ones. He was surprised at how many ships there were circling above like vultures. They couldn't have picked a worse time to attack. James doubted it was a coincidence.

"We got these bastards, this will be a quick victory," said one of the admirals of James' fleet in a confident tone.

James nodded.

Suddenly the mass driver rounds blinked out in a fizz of lights.

"What the hell just happened?" the spacer demanded.

"Sir, it looks like they shot our Mass driver rounds out of the sky using AA guns," Said one of the officers gravely.

James shook his head, "Impossible. No AA guns be that fast and accurate."

The red ships began to close in, the outermost satellites exploded in a haze of digital blasts. James stood dumbfounded, his mouth agape. Not only had the assault failed, they were closing in on Dal'Bor. They only had a number of minutes before the city was in orbital bombardment range.

"Sir, they are destroying the Satellites, all of them, we aren't standing a chance," one of the officers reported, "We are down to 70% and shrinking."

"Scramble the fleet, get them in the air!" James shouted, pointing with his bottle to a nearby officer.

"Long range encrypted comms are scrambled, sir, we've lost communication with Star on secure networks."

"Tell her to pull out, right now, its a death trap," he shouted angrily storming out, "And ready the Nestis, my people need me."

As he turned the passage, a single civilian stood there, glaring at him angrily. Across his chest he had several thermal detonators strapped, wired together.

"For Susan, you ruined her life you screwing son of a queen," he shouted before thumbing the trigger in his hand.

[member="James Justice"]

She downed the glass, grimacing a bit at the sour taste before clearing her throat and stared him down as she let a heavy breath out

we all have our darkest times, you've seen me atmy lowest where I laid broken and with nothing more then myself....

She faced forward again, thinking over a few things then sighed

James, ain't that my destiny? To help others with their problems and slig the enemy back into the corner? I did so before I can damn well do it again

~~~

maam! Their attacking the planet! Weapons locked on us as well!

Everything was going to hell, the ship rocked as they took a pounding communications suddenly cut off at the head, they broke atmosphere and stardust took a deep breath

alert the combat units aboard the ship we need to help bolster the men here

"Aye, well that be different," he said tapping on the counter, "Ye didn't get a city bombed to hell by ye poor choices."

He grabbed the bottle by its neck and took a heavy chug strait from the source.

"I dun't believe in destiny," he said flatly. "And if I did, this is it," he said waving to the dirty cantina, "This be my destiny. Tis all I am good for."

He tried to rise from his barstool, bottle in hand, but he was by far too intoxicated. The spice flowing through his veins was more than even his body could handle. The world reeled around James as he stumbled to the side, smacking into the wall. Everything was spinning, he felt light headed as it went dark. The bottle hit the ground, shattering into a thousand pieces seconds before James hit the floor.

_________________________________________________________________________​
He picked himself up off the floor, the smell of burning human flesh filled his nose. What remained of several dead bodies lay scattered across the floor. The walls were warped, blasted inward by the bomber who had spent his life for revenge. Blood, some James', some not, streamed from his forehead. The man rose, coughing. "Sound out, anyone still alive?"

There was nothing, except the sound of flames smoldering and the exposed wires shorting. The lights flickered. A second and third explosion rocked the Angel's Den. James felt the floor begin to reel under him. He thumbed the comm on his wrist active as he rushed down the passage, "Reed, get the Nestis up and running. Now!"

The astromech droid gave an affirmative beep. As James reached his private launch pad, he could tell--the entire building was beginning to tilt over. The tattered remains of his robe fluttering behind him, James bound up the loading ramp to the cockpit. Reed gave a worried whirl as the Nestis began to tilt on her side, thrown off balance.

"I know, I know, let's get it off the ground then!" he shouted.

The Nestis roared to life, barely escaping the collapsing building. James could feel the hundreds of lives snuffed out behind him as the building landed on another three, their deaths and pain was enough to make his eyes water. Reed gave a sad whistle.

"We don't have time, open the channels, we can mourn later." Across all channels through Soceras, James' voice could be heard, "We be currently under attack. If we have any fighters still active, all ships need to be in the air. right now. Kill all the bastards ye see."

He could see a single ship breaking atmos at last, behind it was the fleet of Thetans. The capital ships loomed, threatening to block out the sky. Behind them, swarms of fighters, bombers, and interceptors darkened the sky, descending like insects.

"Goddamn," James breathed. "We are damn screwed."

[member="James Justice"]

destiny like time is always in motion

She said as she glanced over to him, standing as he did watching him stumble then fall. Sighing she put a credit chip down

thatll cover a whole damn new bar

She helped her friend off the floor and onto her shoulders easily. Walking out of the bar and to her awaiting freighter so he'd be safe

She prowcted her friends...till she couldnt

~~~~

Racing in the air her freighter took a few more hits, she cursed as they leveled out and got out of range qs she sighed and looked around....it was chaos on the ground

by the force...

She felt deaths upon deaths...causing her to fall to her knees...she reache dout to James within the force to let him know she was ok

The Nestis' HUD lit up with lights, screaming as a series of proton rockets and torpedos came hurling down from the capital ships. Reed gave a concerned whirl.

"I know, I know!" James snapped. He had no idea how even he would get out of this one.

But to his horror, the projectiles flew right past his cockpit. Each one impacted one of the massive sky scrapers that created Dal'Bor's skyline. Fragments of durasteel and plasteel shattered into the air as they wavered. Turbo lasers punched the ground after them, sending the ground shaking with a thunderous applause. The city didn't stand a chance.

"Get the goddamn AA guns online!" James shouted, his fists gripping the joystick.

Reed gave a wild, whirling screech.

"What the hell do you mean offline? Sabotage?" The mass of fighters was finally in range. He thumbed the molecular shields live. Lasers peppered off its surface as he returned fire with all he had. It was almost impossible to miss, enemy interceptors, fighters and bombers went up in balls of fire against the flack and laser cannons. But it didn't even scratch the surface. "Who in the bloody hell would sabotage the goddamn anti A guns?"

In the corner of his mind he could hear Stardust tell him that she was alive. That was one less death that he would carry for now. He turned the Nestis on its side, bringing its underbelly guns in for a series of rapid fire shots at a mass of fighters that passed by. The cacophony of explosions rippled through their tight formation, sending a squad up in flames.

"Sir, this is blue wing leader, we managed to get in the air, its not much but we will do our best," said a voice through the static. His voice carried bravery but fear, like a man who knew he was about to die. "It's a pleasure dying beside you, no matter what they say."

"What? What do they say?" James asked, but all he heard in reply was static. He slapped the dashboard, jerking the Nestis to an attack vector after a bomber squad.

The team scrambled, their laser cannons blasting away at the ground under them. James furrowed his brow as across the entire city, carpet bombing began to pound the civilians. The pain and agony was intense. He knew these people, he had sworn to protect them, but now he felt their lives snuffing out like candles in the wind. He blinked to try and focus back on the bombers at hand. Rage and fury consumed him.

"You want blood? You got it," he growled.

James was aboard her ship, her medical staff had hooked up a iv to flush his system of the alcohol while medicine was guven to counteract the effects of the spice. Stardust looked upon him and sighed to herself...had she failed her friend who she swore to stay beside? Had that time before....no...no it was her choice to run...to give him a chance to escape....

~~~~~~~

She trembled, looking to the sky she saw James ship, she smiled and started following him soaking up fire, the ship rocked as she closed her eyes

activate countermeasure and defenses we must get our of here we...oh lord

A cruiser loomed before them, all was silent on the deck. She let a breath out

ram it...get it out of James way!

She said as the pilot nodded and pushed the engines

shields forward! Full power!

The engines burned bright as they rammed the ship hard and knocked it off course causing a massive explosion

James swerved, cutting back as a barrage of fighters cut past him. The force flowed through James, taking over as his rage and blood lust consumed him. There was no longer a James or a Nestis. There was only the Force. The ship curved back, firing its ion cannon, the pulse hit a bomber screaming by. Its engines stalled out, it collided with a fighter, engulfing it and its four wing men in a ball of fire. James curved back around, honing in on the capital ships above. One by one their turbolaser cannons blasted away, pelting the city along with the fighters.

James hit the throttle to the max, the Nestis lurched forward, its afterburners blazing in a blue fire. He shifted to the right, then left barrel rolling out of random turbolaser shots. There was a world of difference in fighting with space and in atmosphere. Here there was gravity, up and down. There, there was only the void.

The Nestis came over the prow of one of the ships, the bottom of her matrix armor inches from the durasteel hull. James' cannons fired on full blast, tearing through the turbolasers with a vengeance. Shrapnel and balls of fire erupted from the surface under the hail of destruction.

Reed gave a joyous whistle.

"We do? Comms are up?" James asked curving around for a second run on the other side. He bit his lip, willing the flechette rounds to find their targets, each weak spot the turbolaser joints. "Get. Me. Star. And. Blue. Leader."

Her suicide run must have taken down their ship that was jamming the comms. But the battle was far from over.

"This is Blue leader, James we couldn't be happier to hear your voice," the man said releaved. "We are doing the best we can, but its hard to protect the streets when these people are suicide running like this."

"Do what ye can down there, I'll do what I can up here," he arced back around, sending a pair of proton rockets into the capital ship's bridge. The thunderous explosion cut the giant's head clean off. Now on to the next one, out of the hundreds that were here. Sweat beaded on his brow. "I dunno how long I cain hold em. See bout gettin' the few ye can into the safe zones.Ye and Star Protect those if they still be thar."

"Yes, sir, of course," said the pilot.

James eyed the next target, another cruiser. His eyes raged with hunger. Suddenly, the Nestis halted in its tracks, he lurched in his seat, slamming against the viewport.

___________________________________________________________________________​
When James woke up, he exhaled with a sharp hiss. He was sober, and it hurt worse than any hangover he had in a while. He looked around, there were medical tubes running here and there into him. Another familiar sight. There was no telling how long he had slept, but his body felt uncomfortably healthy and normal. It had been a very long time since he had recovered been either of those too. He gripped at one of the lines running to his left elbow, fumbling to pull the needle out. He had to get out of here. He had to get free again.

[member="James Justice"]

The doctors present heard him waking up, a nurse came over

sir please do not pull the needle out just lie down and relax, doctor get her majesty to the med bay please hes awake

Didnt take long for star to arrive, entering this time without her armor instead just a gently earthy colored dress. She placed a hand on her friends shoulder hoping to calm him

james..James your safe your aboard the imahalyans light

~~~~~~~~

She panted, alarms ran throughout the ship, however her captain came over helping her up as she heard ringing within her ears and shook her head

maam....maam are you ok?

She stood slowly lacing a hand on the railing

status report please

we were jostled pretty hard only injuries but that seemed to of cleared the jammer, weve got communications back with James

She looked to the holo and listened, wiping a little blood from her forehead, she nodded and looked to the captain

put a general call out to the civilians tell them...we are imahalayns light and that we are evacing civilians...how man can we hold?

I wanna say about...1500 maybe

She nodded, the freighter landed outside of the city as the call went out some of her security personal running outside to direct people while her defences shot down any who dared try and attack

"Screw that," James said to the nurse, his fingers still fumbling at the needle in his arm. He stopped and looked at the nurse, "If ye have any idea who I be, ye'd let me off this ship right now."

Star came in he eased the tension in his body slightly as she touched him, but just enough to turn and look at her. His eyes conveyed conviction and pleading. Even on his best of days, he doubted he would have been strong enough to take Star in a fair fight. She was a warrior with classical training and battlefield experience. He was an alley brawler who knew how to use his rage and pain to deal damage. She would win Seven times out of ten in a fair fight.

"Ye need to let me go," he said in an almost pleading tone. "I'm a Jonah. I ain't no good for ye or anyone else." He clenched his fist in furry. "When will ye or anyone else get that? The galaxy dun't need me to screw ye life up anymore than I already 'ave."

___________________________________________________________________​
"I'm tryin'!" James barked at Reed.

He throttled the Nestis' engines to full blast, trying to get it to move ahead, instead it went upward. James slapped the console furiously, "We caught in a tractor beam."

A voice cut over the comms. It was as cold as durasteel and as unforgiving as a vibroblade's edge. Its mechanical nature sent a chill down James' spine. "If you submit, Justice, we will halt the assault. If you refuse, then we will resume the destruction before your very eyes. I wish to take you aboard to parlay."

James furrowed his brow, plotting. As if to answer his thoughts the voice said again, "Believe me, the damage you could do by killing me or destroying this ship is nothing compared to our assault of your city. If you agree power your engines down and prepare to be taken in."

James gave Reed a nod. The astromech powered the Nestis' engines down. He sprang from his chair, he had to get dressed in time for this. There was no way he was going in just in his robe.

[member="James Justice"]

Stardust stared him in the eye, then lowered herself down eye level as she wore a frown upon her face, a lot of regret flying over it as she sighed and reached taking his hand gently and squeezing it as she held the urge back to simply ball

no, because after the last time I left you, i left you alone....I turned tail and ran instead of standing by you till the end....

She wiped her eyes with the other hand and closed them

never again, I learned that day only to run when it meant something...I just didnt realize that meant abandoning one of the greatest friends I had

She said softly as she took a deep breath

~~~~~~

Masses of civilians ran for the freighter, her security forces overseeing it all as they held only small hlqsters meant for tight quarters nothing of the sort meant if a army attacked. They were outgunned, out manned, and for sure out classed

feth...once we get everyone aboard....we are leaving...james....James would want us to get his people to safety

Her officer nodded, she sat there unable to help James above...she had her own people...now some of his

maam we are full...but more people want on board what...what do we do maam

She opened her eyes, looking back to her officer and sighed

drop the grains,....make room in the bays then close the doors and lift off

The man nodded and started barking orders

When the loading ramp for the Nestis Cora opened, James was there in his traditional leather jacket, his shell spider silk shirt, and flight pants. True to the word of the Thetians the bombardment had stopped. The bombers and fighters were strafing across the skyline bellow, dodging and fleeing from Blue Wing. In the docking bay of this frigate were dozens of Thetian soldiers with their rifles trained on James.

He swaggered down the loading ramp, seething rage with his hands up. He could feel their fear. They knew what he could do. "What do ye want?"

To reply, one of the officers grabbed his hands, cuffing them behind James' back. Another put a Force suppression collar around his neck. He smirked, looking them in their helmeted faces. Even without the Force, he knew their horror. "Ye will all die when I am done with ye. I swear--"

One of the officers cut him off, cuffing his hands behind his back. Another locked a Force suppression collar around his neck. He smirked, even cut off from the force, he knew how horrified they were as the soldiers lead him out of the loading bay into the bridge. The cold, huaghty owner of the voice, the Arch Prince, was waiting for him there.

10-androgynous-girls-that-absolutely-slay-2-6580-1449688191-0_dblbig.jpg

"Ye got a lotta nerve attackin' us like this, I am gonna make ye pay," James began taking a few steps forward.

A shock from his collar knocked James onto his knees, stunning him. He felt two hand grab his arms, dragging him forward to the Prince's feet. The prince glowered at James, their grey eyes declaring victory. "Did you honestly think we wouldn't notice your theft? Or were you so foolish you thought you'd get away with it?" Behind the prince, a massive viewport over looked the smoldering city. The Prince's arm gestured to the remains of the town, "This is the price you pay for it. You took my ship and thought we wouldn't make you suffer?"

"Take the Nestis Cora," James managed. His eyes glared at the prince with furry, "I will come back and make ye people suffer for what ye've done. I'll make ye beg me for mercy--"

The Prince laughed, unaffected, "Oh I don't want the ship and I won't kill you. By the time I am done you will plead for me to. You will live every day for the rest of your life knowing this was the price of your huberis."

"Dal'bor will come back, Dal'Bor always comes back," James growled. "And when we do--"

"Finish the bombardment, leave nothing. Not even the bomb shelters." The prince ordered the admiral. "And open the comms, I want him to hear them die."

"NO!" A ripple from the Force ebbed around James, sending a breeze through the bridge. He lurched at the prince, but a second shock through his body sent him onto the ground paralyzed.

His eyes were forced to watch as the bombs and turbolaser shots fell harder than before. The sky scrapers fell on each other like toy blocks. Smoke and ash rose from the remains and massive balls of fire engulfed whatever managed to remain on the ground. The Blue Wing hissed through the destruction, putting up a valiant effort, but they were by far too out gunned and out manned. The voices of children, mothers and father screaming out their last moments filled his ears.

"James? Anyone? I'm surrounded, there are too many of them," Blue leader shouted fearfully. "There's no way--Gah! I'm hit!"

"Marsa! Marsa! Get out of the city! its too dangerous we all--"

"--never forget it! I love you, I always have. Take care of my--"

"Take care of Judith. Please, she deserves bett--"

"Find somewhere safe, don't come back for me--"

_______________________________________​
James came back to the present. His lips moved but they refused to utter a sound. He tried again, and again. "Its not--It weren't--ye fault."

He laid back, his body relaxing as he stared up at the white ceiling. "I did this. Nothin' cain ever make up for what I dun. Ye were dragged into my problems, but if ye insist, I cain try to make it up to ye."

Her freighter veered towards the horizon. She jumped to space within the planet causing the ground below to crack and break....below she felt the deaths as she closed her eyes and took a shaky breath, whoever had done this would face her wrath one day...for now she had nothing to fight with and people to get to her planet

~~~~~~

I got myself into them...had I not been there...no one would've gotten out...5000 people survived because I took a risk James knowing very well I could die, but for my dearest friend i did so

She squeezed his hand again and used the force to bring a chair over and sat down sighing

yea...let's focus on the now James...I believe you can move forward even if not quickly seen you do it time and time again...this time ill.be with ya through it all

James looked at Stardust from the corner of his eye. 5,000 people. To anyone else, that might have been something to celebrate. But he heard everyone else die, their intimate moments. He watched them burn to nothing. His face tightened, "5,000 people?"

He paused, the silence lingered for an eternity as a single tear slid down his face, "Dal'bor had 3 million people there."

He sat up at last, grunting. Even if the nurse protested, he pulled the needle out of his arm and began ripping the other diodes off his body. He gave a sad smirk, "Ye should get better friends. I'm a damn queen."

He pushed himself off the bed, even though his body protested slightly. He knew he needed more rest, even though his body was healthy at this point. There would be plenty of rest when he was dead. He rubbed the crux of his left elbow, it was sore, but it would do. "I'm hungry. Ye got any slop on this bucket?"

[member="James Justice"]

She nodded, she knew how many but 5000 people getting out alive wa better then none to her, she helped him up knowing stardust couldnt keep the old ferfek down at all

yeah well, I'm just a stupid ferfek who cant leave so easily what can I say James. Now let's get you that food you need it and water no drinking on board yet...please?

Yeah she couldnt stop him but hopefully her asking would he enough. Letting a small smile come to herself she looked him over

to fething long James, been what...nearly q decade huh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom