Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Extent of Duty

The Extent of Duty
5955773_orig.jpg

There was little else to do other than nod along as Jas vented. His voice was cold, much unlike the calmer and warmer tones which she enjoyed but it didn't matter much. What mattered was that she was there to support him and listen to him as he continued ranting about his Master. Naturally, she continued trying to cheer him up after, but he seemed to be less receptive to her than expected. Getting injured twice within such a short timespan didn't seem to be something he took very well. Here too, she remained relatively silent and chose to ask if he wanted something to eat instead.

"No. Sit" Millicent immediately obeyed without hesitating for a moment. As she walked over to him, her confused eyes searched for clues as to why he ordered her to come over to have a seat but she found nothing. Still, she sat down with a straight back, her jaw high and shoulders pulled back. Her head was pointed straight ahead, only letting her see him peripherally as she waited to see what it was that he wanted. She didn't have to wait long before she could feel him shift a little and look down at her to speak.

Instinctively, she turned to look up at him as he spoke. For a moment, she didn't know what to say - but even then, a soft but discrete smile started to appear as she listened. His voice was calmer and he seemed to care. At least, she couldn't see why else he would ask. Without thinking, she let the words slip: "You... care?" her voice was filled with innocence and blue-eyed surprise.

Then, she started to realise what she had asked and what consequences it could have. Part of her didn't think much would come of it - but another part feared that he would feel the need to prove that he really didn't care. Her demeanour eventually started to shift as the fearful part started to triumph over the hopeful one. Not allowing herself to just sit there like a fool, Millicent stuttered a little as she threw out an explanation "It's just hard to adjust to my new, uhm, position, you know?" It was the truth - from a certain point of view. Part of the reason why she minded so much was that she had not yet accepted the true nature of their relations.

Millicent's smile started to fade as her gaze fell to her lap. For what felt like an eternity, she remained silent before gently moving her arm to rest her hand on his forearm. His arm felt hard and enormously muscled - at least when it stood in comparison with her small and delicate one. "Don't worry too much about getting hurt. You'll probably learn a thing or two from it, and I'll be here to patch you up, right?" she said, flashing yet another soft smile. It was possible that she might have been too bold and assumed too much when she spoke to him like that. In fact, that was the feeling she had throughout this entire conversation. But it also underlined that she was useful, so at least there was some hope for survival and being able to stay intact.

Jas Katis Jas Katis

Jas blinked as the words left her mouth. "... Of course I do. To a degree, at least. You are my responsibility, and your optimistic nature is quite enjoyable. So I would like to know what is troubling you." he explained calmly to her. She went on to admit what she told him before. Her duties as his slave were still foreign to her. He sat back with a simple hum, not wanting to land on this topic again. He had explained her duties before. If she simply followed those rules, he would have no reason to punish her.

He was drawn out of his thoughts when he felt her hand on his arm. He looked down at her small hand then up into her eyes, listening as she spoke. He gave a soft chuckle as he looked at her hand again. "Thankfully. You are a good physician." he commented as he reached down and took hold of her hand. "You have very fair skin. Something I find likeable with you humans. You skin is very different from my kind's." he spoke calmly as he turned her hand and felt her palm. "You know, as far as humans go, you are not so horrible. With the humans I've met, you seem to be an exception for your kind." he admitted with a soft smile as he looked into her eyes.

With that, he rose to his feet and turned to head off to his room. "I am going to rest for a bit. This wound is an irritation. Feel free to do your own thing for the time being." he ordered as he made his way to his room.

Millicent Tharoul Millicent Tharoul

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom