Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Explorers Guild Holds an Expo

yujin-choo-12247665-947166078675154-5939756687948081856-o.jpg

OOC: This open for anybody and their company. Stop by an grab a Contract for stuff or just Sponsor an expedition to a planet!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was thousands of Captains in attendance. some of them notable names and other greenhorn free lancers about to begin their first gigs. Since it's inception the Guild had picked up steam, with new members plotting and mapping new places in the stars.

Captains vied for contracts, Jobs for survey and Discovery were all over the boards. Having come back from a recent Space Station recovery Eliza and her crew were fuelling up and sitting on cargo crates outside their beat up old YT-2400 the Crop Duster.

They were taking on crew for an upcoming job and drinking beers as the crowds thunderous noise filled the plaza. Coruscant was nice this time of year. The sun was shining, the Captain was drunk and people were trading all sorts of stuff.

Myra

M
Dresden entered the expo, shouting the words "Greetings adventurers and scouts! Today I bring to you a defense opportunity of a life time!" As she says this, 20 B9 Battle Droids file in behind him and form a line in front of him. "The B9 battle droid is cheap but effective! Any of you here could probably afford it and it wouldn't hurt to have a dozen droids to defend you encase you run into any hostiles on your adventures eh?" He grins from ear to ear as he says this.. he didn't normally attend things like this himself, but he wanted clients and this would be one of the best ways to do so, an expo like this could bring hundreds of clients, and spread the word about the power of the B9, and thus, getting him more clients.

[member="Eliza Raxis"]

[member="Dresden M'koor"]

She tipped her beer back and spotted Dresden. He had a ton of droids in tow and she jammed an elbow into her Co-Pilot Dax.

"Yo check it, droids! We were just talking about that."

"Yep sure were."

"So....."

"So what?"

"You down?"

"Uhhhh."

"Yo Droid man, what you got there?" she asked, getting to her feet and tucking a hand into her belt thumbs first.

Myra

M
Dresden grinned as the figure called to him, he tossed his cane in the air, grabbed it half way, and tapped the nearest droid's chest with the pommel "This, my dear friend, is the B9 battle droid, one of the best droids on the market I assure you, designed by the New Techno Union."

The droids all then simultaneously salute.

[member="Eliza Raxis"]

The droid's were impressive. She took another sip of her beer and then nodded. The salute was neat, but she needed more than just neat. She needed a droid that could move and shoot as well as perform other tasks. Space was wild, and the uncharted? Even wilder.

"So... what else can it do?"

She watched shifting her weight to her right leg and cocking her hips.

"I do a lot of deep space exploration and back water stuff. You got anything for that?"

Myra

M
"The B9 can fly ships, move heavy equipment, and survive almost any atmospheric conditions, as well as underwater. And most importantly it can fight, and not your typical march and shoot droid, it'll look after itself to a degree but put your safety above it's own." He explains helpfully as he glances over at his droids then back at her. "And the New Techno Union is always taking custom orders for any line of droids you feel you may need."

His hands tighten on the pommel of his cane as he places the tip against the ground, awaiting a response.

[member="Eliza Raxis"]

"How much you selling for?"

She inspected the droid up close and personal. Her eyes roved over the light armor, and body. She traced each cable with her fingers, looking for frays or wear.

"Can you make a super Astromech battle droid crossover? That'd be helpful. I'm sure some folks would want that."

Myra

M
"3,000 credits a piece." He says confidently "As for the Astromech droid, I'll see what I can do..."

[member="Eliza Raxis"]

"Give me one at 2500 Creds. You make me an astromech, I'll put you in touch with some folks of mine that might also want a contract."

She popped another beer from the cooler and cracked the top off, handing it to Dresden.

"And I'll throw in this free beer. You are too tense guy!"

Myra

M
He glances down at the beer before reaching over and taking it.. he normally didn't drink, but special circumstances applied. He takes a swig and grins as the alcohol burns down his throat, before he nods. "Deal. Anyway I can contact you when I have that model ready?"

[member="Eliza Raxis"]

"Sweet. Yea C'mon aboard my ship, I'll spin up a private comm number for ya."

She walked past the little sing up booth they had up the ramp. After a jaunt down the hall to retrieve her credits she met him in the large main hangar, nodding.

"Alright then! Here we are."

She jiggled a bag of creds and then tossed them to Dreden, leaning up against a cargo crate and sipping her beverage. The computer was creating a new channel, but that would take a few. Encryption and all that.

"Where you come from man? What's your name?"

Myra

M
He follows her on-board, 1 B9 following as the rest stand there to be admired by the rest of the individuals in the room. He glances around her ship before responding "My name is Dresden. Dresden M'koor.. and I'm from Coruscant. Upper levels." He then glances over to her

[member="Eliza Raxis"]

What does a sniper and artist have in common, deta
Formorta had watched the exchange from the cockpit of the ship not really bothered to go outside just yet, though haggaling with merchants was something she had some degree of skill in it could alway prove to be a pain with more stubborn ones. She watched the deal go down and was not at all surpir d when the captain handed the salesman a universal now where friends beer, well that what she called it anyways. She waited for the trio to walk into the ship before coming out of the cockpit out herself to inspect the B9 for herself.

"Never hurts to look at the new hardware"

As she turned the corner she caught the last of his sentence introduxing himself as [member="Dresden M'koor"] from Coruscant

Myra

M
Dresden glances over at the new entree and raises the beer to her before motioning to the B9 "Top grade military hardware right here."

[member="Formorta"] [member="Eliza Raxis"]

Fomorta eyed the B9 over, she might have been experienced with other droids models but they were usually second hand, century old ones and most of her mechanic and electronic skills where unorthodox compared to proper mechanics. Needless to say she was impressed and looking over the design this thing was built to last unlike its predecessors.

"Looks tough, how well can i take blaster bolts" She said rather indifferently, she always had a hard time talking with people.

Myra

M
"The Duraplast armor minimizes damage by dispersing the energy across the surface instead of just a singular point." He explains, taking another swig of the beer.. maybe he should start drinking again.. who knows. "But it's programmed to take as few blaster bolts as possible."

[member="Formorta"]

She continued to study the droid over as he explained how the armor worked, the way the blast is absorbed by the plaststeel would work well with robot who didn't have to worry about internal organs and getting knocked out due to a concision.

"If i was to buy one would i be able to upload a custom program of some sort, also what other types of droids do you sell i might be interested in a personal one".

Myra

M
"When you purchase it, it's your property so you can do as you like. As for personal droids, we don't have many, but we gladly take custom orders if you would send us what requirements you have." Dresden explains as he sets the beer down on a nearby console or table, getting drunk wasn't a good idea at this time.

[member="Formorta"]

She continued to inspect the B9 as [member="Dresden M'koor"] explained owner ship and possible custom droid commissions. If what he said about the programming was true a B9 would be a good addition to help her on mission and during other job. It could probably serve as a crew member back home or on any future personal ships as well as have mechanical programs added to its processor though a designated astromech would probably work better.

"What's the maximum wieght this model can carry, I might have need for a combat driod that can lug around my more burdensome equipment"?

Myra

M
"It can lift 160 Kilograms easily." He designed the droid to be good at pretty much anything... well, that didn't raise the cost of production by too much.

[member="Formorta"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom