Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Ethereal Chain [GA/RTL]

Rishi
UNwraAf.png

The Ethereal Chain
Themes: Action, Mystery, and Exploration

Tag: Naada Sa , Rimward Trade League & Galactic Alliance Folks

Tieuvelli watched as the courier manoeuvred into low orbit, preparing to make landfall on the islands, she identified. The skies were dense-packed with tropical storms that clung to the archipelagoes below, black sand beaches and pockets of the rainforest surrounding the volcanic islands. The local tribes lived alongside nature, not unlike her people and the Wookies on Kashyyyk. However, they were too much alike.

Rishi was rich in Exonium, a rare and valuable substance that powered all manner of ancient and powerful machines. It was no small surprise then to discover the massive spires of durasteel rising from the ocean now home to flocks of seabirds and coral reefs. For a moment, it made her question her reasons for coming here. On the other side of the galaxy, her friends were fighting to save the lives and souls of innocents. But then she remembered as the sign of excavations came into view.

Tieuvelli pulled away, hopping along the leather seats to observe her companions. "I appreciate you accepting my request on such short notice. Wild Space is foreign to me, but what I have come for is uncomfortably close to home. As you well know, the Je'daii have long existed in our galaxy, but I have never known them to be this far out, and I have dedicated my life to understanding all aspects of their history and philosophies. It's unnerving, and I cannot say what we will find down there." She explained, turning her head again to the Glasteel windows.

"It was discovered by the Church of the Force, who contacted me shortly thereafter. With any luck, their equipment malfunctioned, and this will be a quiet mission but we should remain on our guard. It's not unheard of for treasure hunters or bandits to monitor poorly encrypted channels. If so, we will need to stop them from capturing, damaging, or even destroying the artefacts we find there. Regardless, I am grateful for the Trade Leagues assistance in getting me this far."

Hooting gratefully, she returned her telescopic gaze to the others.

Naada Sa

N
Tag: Tieuvelli Renlas

"Always thought Rishi was some kind of hiding spot for pirates. Setting foot into their hive
seemed a bit unnesscary."
Naada shrugged without looking away from her tablet. She had
taken a seat a litle further back in the courier to have a tad of privacy for her work, re-directing
and re-organizing a few deliveries after a few alarming reports had came in. To be this far out
and away from Kiros was far from usual for the Togruta, though, she did often travel.

She typed quickly and finished up her last messages and put the tabled away to give a genuine
smile as she looked up to Tieuvelli who was hopping along the seats. "Pirates or not, I am still
awfully curious to what we might discover among the Je'daii ruins the Church of the Force claim
to have discovered."
she leaned back and took a look out of the glasteel window herself, sighing
a bit. "And I recon it was a good call by my assistant to have me change into more... agile clothing."
she huffed, still upset about the attire she needed to wear instead of her usual layered silk gowns.
What she wore was still made of expensive fibers like the karlini silk that would protect her from
blaster bolts.

"I ensure you, I haven't come all this way for any pathetic bandits to stand between us and the
artifacts. Not if I can help it."
she kept her smiled and tapped her fingers over the handle of what
was a lightsaber, camouflaged as what seemed to be some sort of flute.

Tieuvelli Renlas Tieuvelli Renlas Naada Sa

Alana slipped her hand through one of the loops on the courier as she slid partway down the ladder, just catching the last bits of the conversation. "It's what we do, after all! Though Rishi is quite a ways beyond even where I've traveled." She pulled open a panel and checked the wiring, before sealing the fusebox again, and dropping lightly to the floor.

"And I am curious to see what we might find about the Je'daii out here. I studied with the new Je'daii like Caedyn Arenais and some of the others, but we never heard anything about the original Je'daii this far out from Tython."

Alana buckled herself into a seat and adjusted her wrist-computer to keep an eye on the computer readouts as they approached the planet. "And I wouldn't consider pirates or bandits to be a minimal risk. This far out, there's stories about spacers gone made. The Scourge. Bando Gora Reavers. Countless others who looked beyond the end of the galaxy and were consumed by the monster within."

She cinched the buckle tight one last time. "But there's been no sightings of them in a long time. Hopefully, we won't run into any problems We're too far out for help to come in any helpful amount of time, unless you know somebody with a hypergate."

Tieuvelli looked back at the pair, in disbelief. Her features softening at what she was hearing, "You both make excellent points, let's take it a step at a time and stay on guard. At least until we can establish what we're dealing with. Especially, seeing as we won't get much support."

She looked once more out of the windows, spray from the waves beginning to speckle the transport. They will be landing soon, turning back to Naada, delicately tapping her lightsaber.

Before she could ask why it had been disguised the vessel lurched, throwing the owl back onto the chairs cushion. Trying to roll over to right herself it happened again, this time from all around. The internal lighting flashed as if suddenly overloaded.

For her part, Tieuvelli hissed her vision going white as though someone let off a flashbang. Disorientated she heard the pilot speak up, "Alana we've passed through some sort of EM Shield. Computers out. I could use your help landing this thing."

Naada Sa

N
Naada crossed her arms, the confident features to her face softened a little as she nodded her understanding that whoever they might run into this far out would probably not be assisting them with their task but rather quite the opposite. It didn't nessecarily scare the togruta, but she knew that she needed to be quite alert and ready for just anything. Thankfully, they did not come here ill prepared.

Naada had settled herself properly in her assigned seat, buckling up as they were going in for the landing and it was a good thing too as the vessel suddenly shook. She grabbed onto the armrests and threw a glance over to Tieuvelli to check how she was doing there. As she was just about to get up, it happened again, this time with the lights flashing in the cabin. It wasn't her first time in a smaller vessel that experienced a rougher landing, but she hated it every single time and there was no hiding it as one look at her revealed how stressed she felt about it.

"What's going on, why would there be an EM shield out here."
she nearly hissed, her knuckles going white from how tightly her grip was and her yellow eyes staring intensely out through the windows, trying to spot anything of interest out there.

--
Tags:
Tieuvelli Renlas Tieuvelli Renlas Alana Sunrider

Naada Sa Tieuvelli Renlas Tieuvelli Renlas

Alana leaned back in the seat cushion, feeling the snugness of the safety harness and let her eyes drift close. It was sort of like being back on Ambria, making shelter in whatever sort of waterproof wreckage she could find. Not exactly safe, but mostly dry, and probably claustrophobic to most beings.

But then the ship lurched, once, and then twice, and the lights flickered. Alana kept her body loose so the shock of the impact flowed through her and back out.

The comm chimed and she opened her eyes, wedging her shoulder in the harness and prying it open. She stood from her seat, carefully perched on the toes of her boots.

“An excellent question. EM shield always makes me nervous, but I’ll let you two work that out while we make sure we don’t smash into the planet.”

She braced herself for a moment, waiting to feel any more movement before bounding up into the cockpit and sliding into the co-pilot’s seat. “What’s our situation, Captain?”

As Alana arrived into the cockpit the pilot's grip was firmly on the control yoke, muscles tensed, and hands trembling he was fighting against the couriers mass. Relieved to see Alana arrive he strained, "The thrusters have gone haywire, and the computer has shorted out. There should be a manual override beneath the main control panel if you can reach it. Or at least help me make this a 'soft' landing."

That was the best he could hope for, crashing into the dunes and hoping it absorbed their impact. At least enough for the ship to survive without losing it entirely.

----

Why indeed.

Tieuvelli using her beak leveraged herself back onto the seat. There she stood sentry her eyes black and still blinded by the sudden burst of earlier light. All she could 'see' was the distorted magnetic fields swirling about her vision, in waves of prismatic light suggesting at least something was indeed wrong with the local Slipstream, or more precisely magnetic fields.

Still, that was the least of their concerns, crashing into the ocean would be a death sentence for her. Singwings could not swim. She turned to Naada, "I do not know, but it isn't beyond reason the Church wanted to remain undetected." She said unconvincingly, she had her doubts but wanted to remain hopeful this expedition would be nothing more than malfunctioning equipment.

Alana let out a low whistle as another judder sent her collapsing into the co-pilot's seat. "Well, could be worse, although I certainly have no desire to make any sandy landings. It gets everywhere and wreaks havoc on the electronics."

She grunted in acknowledgment and ducked down out of the chair, bracing herself between the seat and the hull with an elbow and a boot squeezed into the corner as she wriggled her way beneath the console, craning her neck around to look at everything beneath the console.

Her eyes darted across the underside until she caught sight of the panel hatch and twisted around to pry it open. "Standard override handle, right?"

Naada Sa

N
The church wanted to remain undetected? Naada looked at Tieuvelli and frowned, clearly not buying that as a reason for these Electromagnetic shields to be here. No, she had her own thoughts to why they were here and would mentally prepare herself for a rough couple of days, if not more. Although the ship was shaking pretty violently from going down after their impact with the EM shield and that her initial response was fear, Naada now inhaled and forced herself to clear her mind. The grip she had on the handles loosened and she watched Alana duck under the control panels to try and override the ship by pulling the handle. Now shifting in her seat to have a better look out the window at what was facing them down there, she seemed nearly oblivious to the danger they were in.

"Ahh, there's an island." the togruta shifted again, wanting a better look. Several moments passed before she spoke again. "I can't tell what it its..it seems like there is some sort of comms relay placed down there. Might have to make a landing in the water nearby that island." Naada turned half way around and looked to Tieuvelli again with an eyebrow raised as a challenge. "You can always sit on my back as we swim ashore." she smirked .
She let her words hang for a moment, wanting another look at this island and this time she thought she spotted something else she wasn't too happy to see. "It seems the forest nearby has been cleared? I certainly hope that's just a natural phenomenon, because that must have been done recently and who knows who did it." she murmured, a feeling she could connect whoever had made the clerings was the same that had put up the EM shields as well. Only time would tell.

TAGS: Tieuvelli Renlas Tieuvelli Renlas Alana Sunrider

"That's the one!" Confirmed the Captain, "Excellent point Jedi, but I do not trust the jungle to any more favourable!" He leaned over to look back at the others to add, "I'd recommend bracing for a rough landing, especially you Eri"

Although she could not see Naada's reaction, she couldn't help but feel the doubt emulating from the force-sensitive, and she shared those doubts but Tieuvelli preferred to keep positive. "Ride? On your back? No-no-no. I can't have that. If word got to the Padawans, they would get all manner of ideas." She trilled amusingly.

"Already have!" Eri replied to the Captain, her vision was recovering now, and she could see his face ripen like a tomato. In her efforts to regain her footing the Songwing had shredded the furniture. Deep crevices scratched into Bantha leather seats. Not particularly valuable as a commodity but still rare in the Rishi Maze.

A moment later, she shrieked as the vessel jutted into the water running aground on a shoal nearby the island.

-------------

Tieuvelli stared down at the waves lapping against the ships hull, leaping back momentarily before the spray could ruin her feathers. It was no more than maybe a foot or two deep, easily waded by the Captain who was outside inspecting the damage. Mentally reminding himself never to allow Jedi to charter his services again, "Good news; I don't think we are stranded here, so long as you can find the source of that interference. Bad News; the power cells are drained." The captain turned to Alana and Naada, "Do you think you might find a generator or something? I think you mentioned seeing some sort of camp nearby?"

Naada Sa Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider

Alana grunted as she gripped her hands around the override and wrenched it around, hoping the power would reboot. Sadly, it did not. She felt the warning in the Force as the ship hurtled into the surface.

"Feth!" Alana hissed as she jolted up and smashed into the underside of the console before bouncing back down into the deck. Only the briefest and quickest application of the Force around her saved her from smashing her head against the metal.

She lay stunned for several moments as the ship rocked and creaked under the pressure of the waves against the hull, pushing them deeper into the shoal.

Pain arced through her body as she pushed herself off the deck and stumbled out of the ship with a splash. She sputtered and pushed herself up, blinking the stinging saltwater from her eyes.

"A generator?" She rubbed a darkening knot on her forehead. "And a camp? Maybe? I didn't see anything. If Naada leads, or somebody, I can probably find what we need to charge the power cells."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom