Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Establishing of Government (Obredaan)

2fbc0968.jpg

Obredaan was a rather unimpressive world, as far as worlds went, and Ali hoped to be leaving sooner than was probably acceptable considering her given task there. Obredaan's government had been in a state of flux since the Sith taking of Coruscant, a flux that was leaning, in too many ways, more toward the One Sith and away from the Republic. Ali had arrived to strengthen their government's resolve for Republic membership and loyalty. Conservative elements of the Obredaan government were eager to enlist their planet with the Republic, and luckily some of those elements were leading members of the Jin'ha military. The more liberally minded minority within the planet's governing body however, relished the opportunity to see their cortosis mining operations flourish under Sith leadership.
Ali's task was to ensure the balance remained tipped in favor of the Republic, a balance that was quickly growing harder and harder to control. Recently two Jin'ha delegates within the Obredaan Senate, Batak Toor and Juror Hensha, had become rather outspoken about their favoritism for the Sith, despite two weeks prior having argued privately for Republic membership. Ali had no idea what had spurred their changes of heart, though she suspected either backdoor pressures from liberal party members who had begun preying on those delegates that had remained neutral to the issue or else some more sinister causes.
As of yet, Ali had encountered no one she believed to be working for the One Sith, though she knew simple lack of observation meant nothing. Ali's lack of Force Sensitivity prevented her from seeking out those who might be on Obredaan for nefarious purposes and she had to rely on more mundane methods of keen observation and standard spy-work.

Currently, Ali was sitting amongst some of Obredaan's more conservative-minded delegates, those who wished to see more Republic involvement in the cortosis mining operations in order to lessen the amount of corruption cutting into legitimate trade of the valuable ore. Ali sat aside Delegate Harik Wethen, a Jin'ha that was both an outspoken proponent of Republic membership as well as a close personal friend of General Osok Madvi, also a supporter. With Madvi in control of Obredaan's military, membership with the Republic was almost guaranteed, though an official Senate vote on the issue wasn't to take place for another week. Ali hoped to sway more minds to their side in that time, even though they currently had a majority. If we could just hold the damn vote today, this would all be over with, Ali thought to herself grumpily. She'd already been on the world for four days, days that had all been wasted in closed door discussions with delegates that already agreed with them over membership.

Some far too long hours later, Ali was returning to her hotel room within Obredaan's capital center, a modest metropolis with little more to offer than comfortable lodgings for off-worlders and administration buildings for the government's various departments and components. After ensuring her room was free from foreign technologies, Ali established contact with her handler back on Onderon. "Hadrix, how are things?" The voice on the other end asked. Ali sighed audibly, the voice belonged to Marcus Solstice, a dear friend of hers and a valuable spy. "Oooh, that doesn't sound good. What's wrong?" Ali clicked her tongue, sitting down at the dining table and lighting herself a cigarette. "That's tobacco you're lighting, isn't it? Are things really that bad?"
"Give me a damn second to answer before you go running your mouth," Ali grumbled as she put in her earpiece and stood to make a cup of caf. "It's going fine, I'm just bored out of my mind. No news on whether we can get the vote pushed up, but I'm guessing the liberal sect won't allow it on account of their low numbers. They keep claiming the vote can't take place until their off-world delegates return, which is ridiculous, but whatever..." Solstice remained silent for a moment, as if its owner were thinking. "Well, keep on it then, I suppose. Any whiff of the Sith?" Ali hummed for a second in consideration. "Nothing yet, but I'd have a hard time knowing. Nothing suspicious, though I've got my eye on a couple corporate hounds who are a little too comfortable with upper echelon military personnel." Ali detected a note of concern in the voice's next words. "Are these personnel of the same mind as General Madvi?"
Ali sighed again, prepping a mug with sugar and cream. "Unfortunately no, and I think they take kick backs from the mining guilds. Thank goodness they're not in power at least." The man's voice sounded less concerned for the moment. "I doubt anything substantial will happen in a week, unless Madvi suddenly retires." Now that did concern Ali. Assassinations weren't as common place as the holovids would have people think, but they did happen, and always for a reason. "One can only hope, right?" Ali replied noncommittally as she took her cup of caf to the bedroom and laid down. "I'll talk to you again tomorrow evening, hopefully things will be just as boring as they are now."
There was a tinge of humor in Marcus' firm voice. "Hopefully. Sleep well Hadrix." The connection ended. Ali sighed tiredly and found herself reading for a while before falling asleep.

[member=Sitara Qin] | [member=Xander Blackmoore] | [member=Darth Ferus] | [member=Darth Anarchis]​

Swamps. Marshes. Glades, oh the Ever present Glades. It reminded Mike of many of his training environments in his Ranger days and several assignments since. He was neither a fan of them nor abhorrent of them, they were merely a fact of his current assignment on Obredaan. He was here to support another agent, whom he had yet to meet, with her operation. That was why Mike was nestled on the shadow of a garish gargoyle, his rifle propped up on bippods next to him as he watched over her hotel room in a counter-sniper role.

Counter-sniping in an urban environment can be one of the most dangerous assignments an agent or sniper can be given. The problem is that the snipers you are hunting should know to look for you and will try to take you out. The solution is to pick the highest ground possible and have a good rifle and better spotter. When you're doing it alone, always take the highest ground and continue scanning the best options for sniping those you are protecting.

This was the strategy that had Mike nestled in all cuddly with a gargoyle, looking through binoculars and using his inborn Version One optics to physically scan all the positions that could take a shot on [member="Ali Hadrix"]. He wasn't worried about scans identifying him to much, the spread wing of the gargoyle would protect him from overhead scans and he was wearing a dark gray bodyglove mottled to look like the native stone. His heat signature could be detected from only a one hundred degree arc in front of him or by a security guard physically walking up the stairs and out onto the terrace behind him. His bugs in the stairwell would alert him to that eventuality. No, Mike was truly only worried about the job, counter sniping was a high stress job and it wasn't over until the asset was off site or someone else came in to take over. He hoped for a recall to close protection soon, it would make them both more susceptible to snipers, but ensured that Mike would be constantly able to watch over her. The decision was hers, however, as the primary field agent present.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
The Sith were there, the assassins at any rate. Certain sects of the government had reached out to the assassins to ensure things happened as they saw fit. There was conflict in where the currently neutral planet should lean toward politically as it found itself between Galactic Republic space and One Sith space. Xander had been on the receiving end of an inquiry to eliminate the opposition to the One Sith argument. This would be handled well. The first phase was simple infiltration. The team needed to get their own moles in place. Once they were in, Intel would be gathered on the government happenings. Each target had habits, movements, routines, that would make assassinations much easier. They would be studied from a distance, and so close that a kill could happen at any moment. The trick was to know the routine so well that one moment the target was alive and the next they were not. It was a simple operation.

This is what Xander thought however. Word had reached him that the Republic had sent representatives of their own to persuade the government to side with the Republic in political matters. Quite simply this would be a race against the clock. The assassins were about to be tested in how efficiently they could move on a world, and move through the targets unnoticed. This is what they trained for.

Xander woke from an evening of fun. The world was not important to anyone really, but the resources they could offer were. Society seemed like any other, and Xander was bred to mingle and fit in. His part was simply to meet and gather what intel he could on the targets. Where did they like to eat, where did the like to sleep, where did they go when they didn't want their significant other to know about an elicit affair they were having? Xander was getting all this information. He had help. Much of the team was there to gather, few to actually make the kill. When the opportunity came the kill would be made by those given task.

Clothes were laid out on the bed for him, laid there just before he entered the shower. What a night it had been, most of it a blur. Still, the information he needed had been acquired, and he was set for another evening. Tonight would be a gala, a government sponsored event, to honor him as their distinguished guest. Yes, the monarch used his title when needed, and this was such a time.

[member="Sitara Qin"] | [member="Darth Ferus"] (could you tag everyone... not sure how to do that exactly every time I try it fails)

The dress hung in front of her, coaxing her to put it on.

It was a beautiful attire, given to her by her current lover; the man who was probably still asleep in his bedroom. The dress was floor-length, designed to be hug her curvaceous physique. It had a long slit that came up to her upper thigh, which would make it easier for running later. It had one shoulder strap, embellished with tiny little silver gems.

Infiltration on her end would be easy, she was merely eye candy after all. She had a natural electricity that radiated off of her, that simply made it easy for her to draw people in. What was going to happen tonight excited her, especially because of the gorgeous outfit that dangled from its hanger.

The details of the mission maid her believe that it was a mere political squabble. Besides, she wouldn’t be out for blood tonight unless she needed to be. Perhaps she'd even be introduced to some fun new people, or maybe she'd be reacquainted with an old paramour. She rubbed her hands together as she turned to stare at her reflection in the mirror. Her dark chocolate coloured locks fell past her shoulders. How was she going to do her hair tonight?

She heard the other door slam and she tied up her bathrobe loosely as she came to greet her handsome companion. “Have a good sleep, Xander?” She asked, a coy smile playing on her face.

| [member="Xander Blackmoore"] | [member="Darth Ferus"] | [member="Darth Anarchis"] | [member="Mikaal Thraighn"] | [member="Ali Hadrix"] |

"Mike. You there?" Ali asked, speaking into the comlink. It was late, or early depending on which side of midnight the bulk of your sleep sat, and Ali was awake, sitting on the balcony attached to the kitchen unit of her hotel room. She sat with a cigarette in one hand, macrobinoculars in the other, and coffee resting in a petite ceramic cup on the small stand table beside her chair. Thanks to an uncomfortably warm night cycle, Ali was wearing only her panties and a night gown. A gentle breeze was helping keep her cool. She lifted the binoc's and scanned about until she caught sight of her silent protector perched beneath a stone gargoyle just within line of sight of herself. "You chose a good spot, but I found ya." Ali pulled on her cigarette, blowing the smoke out sideward as she kept scanning across the city, looking for nothing in particular. "Don't worry though, I already knew where you were." The man didn't return her comments, Ali clicked her tongue.
"Well I got this..." Ali looked down at the datatablet sitting beside her coffee. "...invitation, I guess you could say. Some government function, lots of higher ups, fancydancing, etcetera." Ali sipped at her caf. "I'll need a body man, and I'm guessing you're sick of parching out on rooftops by now. You can be my plus one, and I can be your Fiona." Ali smiled, knowing the man's weapon could very well be sighted in on her at the moment. A "Fiona" was spy slang for a second gunman, or in this case, gunwoman. Ali had no idea where the term came from, but what did it matter? Probably stripped from some holovid by a gung-ho recruit decades back during the darker years. "I'll need you to relocate gar shebs to a hotel room here where we can meet, just don't blow your cover. If there's anyone else lurking about, we should find out tonight, there's no way the One Sith would miss an opportunity to turns more minds to their cause for membership."
Ali snapped off the commlink with a flick of her thumb and waved her hand toward her silent watcher. Just hope he's not watching me sleep in a creepy way. She thought to herself, amused, before returning inside for more sleep. She didn't want Thraighn having to stay awake too long, she might need him come night fall. Ugh, that alone is over twelve hours off, Ali grumbled silently to herself before falling into bed once more.

/ [member=Mikaal Thraighn] \

"Marvelous, you?"

Of course Xander had known how well she had slept, he was up half the night, though that was normal for him whenever he had the chance to be with Sitara. He was glad this mission brought them together, as it had been a while since their tasks among the Sith had given the space to work together. They were a good team. What was more, they had a tendency to anticipate the other. Be it from a connection or not, they meshed well.

"I will tell you though, these parties are certainly getting to be a bore. They are all so similar they keep running together in my mind. Perhaps there will be new faces on the guest list tonight as they seek to honor the monarch among them."

He grinned as this event was more about him than anything else. If only they knew it was truly the staging ground for the information they needed to make the assassinations. One thing was certain, the look on Sitara's face when she saw the dress Xander had ordered for her for this night. She was going to be hanging from his arm for the evening after all, and her job was to look so incredibly gorgeous that all eyes were on her. It would give Xander the cover he needed to move about without truly being seen.

"Tell, Tara, have they delivered my little present to you yet?"

[member="Sitara Qin"] | [member="Ali Hadrix"]

Delightful as always.

Her lips formed a smile before she brushed them against Xander’s face. He was familiar, and he was fun. A good companion. She enjoyed his presence and they worked well together. As far as she knew, this was another opportunity for them to simply be closer. She didn’t really know what she was getting herself into with this mission. However, with the information processing in her head, she was certain it was going to be fun.

And ho, if only she knew how much fun.

Parties are always fun, Xander.” She cooed, as she continued to kiss him. Obviously this was no time and place for this kind of affection. Ah, but she lived the healthy life of a hedonist who enjoyed every pleasure life had to offer. Perhaps it was going to get her into more trouble than she thought. “Besides, I’m sure we’ll find something interesting to do.”

She winked a small giggle escaping her lips. As for the gift? Well, she was definitely looking forward to wearing it. It was a gorgeous dress; simple though really amplified her curves. She was going to be the belle of the ball in the dress. All eyes were going to be on her.

Mmmmhmm.” She hummed, “It’s gorgeous. Thank you, hun.

| [member="Xander Blackmoore"] | [member="Ali Hadrix"] |

Ali Hadrix said:
"Well I got this..." Ali looked down at the datatablet sitting beside her coffee. "...invitation, I guess you could say. Some government function, lots of higher ups, fancydancing, etcetera." Ali sipped at her caf. "I'll need a body man, and I'm guessing you're sick of parching out on rooftops by now. You can be my plus one, and I can be your Fiona." Ali smiled, knowing the man's weapon could very well be sighted in on her at the moment. A "Fiona" was spy slang for a second gunman, or in this case, gunwoman. Ali had no idea where the term came from, but what did it matter? Probably stripped from some holovid by a gung-ho recruit decades back during the darker years. "I'll need you to relocate gar shebs to a hotel room here where we can meet, just don't blow your cover. If there's anyone else lurking about, we should find out tonight, there's no way the One Sith would miss an opportunity to turns more minds to their cause for membership."
Rather than respond verbally and potentially give away his position, Mike clicked his transceiver twice.

While Ali had more than enough to give Mike a reason to watch her like a hawk, he was truly a professional at heart and only peered into her room as part of his periodic sweep of lower vantage points. That all ended now, however, as Mike had to get back to his room, nap and then get ready for the following evening. Mike slid backwards, coming out from beneath the gargoyles wing, and crouched by his duffel. He collapsed his rifle to fit in the padded section of the bag, then changed out of his clothes and into an Obredaan Janitorial Services uniform. Once done, he slipped the bag onto his shoulder and worked his way down to the elevators. Along the way he collected his bugs, as disposable as they were, he'd rather not have to either spend the money to buy new ones or spend the time to make them from the innards of old style communicators.

Mike made it to street level without incident, the old adage about walking as if you had somewhere to be still worked across many alien cultures. Once out onto the street, Mike walked around, spending about an hour and a half making circuits through the neighborhoods to ensure he wasn't being tailed. When he was finally certain of being alone, he changed once again in a dark alley. He flipped the duffel inside out, showing a different color bag with a random company logo on it this time. He replaced the padded rifle and other clothes in there and emerged from the darkness in what amounted to a polo, white slacks and loafers. He walked a few blocks and entered the hotel that Ali was staying in, nodding hello to the desk attendant with a smile, and up to the room he was renting under a secure alias.

Once in his room, Mike set up the bugs to observe the door to give him fair warning of intruders. While Mike was fairly exhausted, he decided that cleaning of weapons came before sleep. Once he had disassembled, cleaned and reassembled the rifle and pair of pistols he carried he moved to the bed for some shut eye.

[member="Sitara Qin"] [member="Xander Blackmoore"] [member="Ali Hadrix"]​

Ali woke feeling well rested, rubbing the remnants of tiredness from her eyes as she sat upright in her bed. With a yawn she glanced at the chrono on the nightstand. Almost midday. Ali thought bitterly, suddenly wishing she hadn't slept so long. She reached for her datatablet and unlocked the device with the fingerprint reader hidden on the underside. Nothing new. Ali grimaced, no new developments could easily mean nothing about their situation had changed, but it could just as easily mean that whatever had changed had merely slipped through her many, carefully placed nets.
"Thraighn," Ali said into her commlink after opening a channel to the man. "I just woke up, contact me when you get this. We'll meet outside the venue an hour, no...an hour and a half, before the event's slotted to begin. I'll see you then." Ali shut off the commlink and set it on the nightstand, then stretched and yawned. She stood and made her way to the 'fresher to get ready for the day.

/ [member="Mikaal Thraighn"] | [member="Sitara Qin"] | [member="Xander Blackmoore"] \

Ali Hadrix said:
"Thraighn," Ali said into her commlink after opening a channel to the man. "I just woke up, contact me when you get this. We'll meet outside the venue an hour, no...an hour and a half, before the event's slotted to begin. I'll see you then."
The sound of Ali's voice woke Mike up. He'd not gotten a great deal of sleep, but he was used to sleeping little and still being effective. Mike rolled off the bed and did a quick set of pushups to get the blood pumping. Before he contacted Ali back, he went to the fridge and grabbed a yogurt pack, grumble berry, and began to eat it. While eating he stuck a hands free device in his ear and returned the message to Ali.

"Thraighn here. Tonight's festivities are almost prepped for, just need to press my pants. I've got some food if you need a breakfast." The one thing he spoiled himself on, he always made sure to have yogurt of some kind on hand.

[member="ali hadrix"] | [member="Sitara Qin"] | [member="Xander Blackmoore"]

Ali keyed her commlink as Thraighn's message rolled in with a pretty little beep. She was walking around the center of the expansive city, fresh from a quiet meet with a handful of the Obredaan politicians still neutral on the issue of membership. She'd managed to convince one of the four, which was better than none, but she still couldn't help feel as if the meeting had been a failure. The other three gave her the impression they were in talks with the other side, but sadly, she couldn't confirm it. "Why not, I'll see you in a few. I'm on my way back to the hotel." Ali left the return message and continued down the ferrocrete avenue.

Roughly half an hour later Ali was stepping through into her room and giving it a quiet visual before shutting the door behind her. She tossed her handbag onto the bed and stripped for a shower, then changed into her event clothes; a simple black camisole and underwear with a greatcoat-fashioned jumper over it all. She entered the bathroom and curled her hair, then spent a few minutes applying make up. Ali retrieved her handbag from the bed and put on a plain gold bracelet that contained her location transponder and a couple nifty functions, then stepped into a pair of black heels and locked the room as she left. Ali made her way to the Thraighn's room, keying it open with her own copy of his card and stepping inside.
"Hello?" She called, glancing around the corner out of the short hall and peeking about. She spotted Thraighn from across the room and felt relief. "Good, nothing to worry about then," she mumbled, leaning against the wall and dropping her purse onto the nightstand by the bed. "How do I look?" She asked, mussing her hair up slightly and pulling strays out from her face.

e889cd11-e32b-421e-b055-348d1bddd74e_zpsyrbid89f.jpg

/ [member=Mikaal Thraighn] | [member=Sitara Qin] | [member=Xander Blackmoore] \

Ali Hadrix said:
"Hello?" She called, glancing around the corner out of the short hall and peeking about. She spotted Thraighn from across the room and felt relief. "Good, nothing to worry about then,"

Mike had a gun in hand as the front door opened, but when her heard Ali's voice he lowered it slightly. He only put it down when he saw that she was alone. Paranoia was practically a currency in their line of work, he was sure she wouldn't be offended. He dipped into the last scoop of his yogurt and smiled. He indicated the refrigerator with his spoon and wiggled the yogurt cup in front of her, silently offering some to her.

Ali Hadrix said:
"How do I look?" She asked, mussing her hair up slightly and pulling strays out from her face.
Mike gave her an appraising look. At first it was purely professional, then once that was done he turned it far more male. The transition would be quite startling to behold, as if he had a switch in his mind that could turn certain parts of himself on or off.

"You look good, very beautiful. You could likely get just about anyone to turn heads in that." He said with a smile. "Bonus is you look to be able to keep weapons hidden pretty well. Is it armored?"

[member="Ali Hadrix"] [member="Sitara Qin"] [member="Xander Blackmoore"]​

Ali smiled pleasantly and crossed the room as Mikaal praised her attire. "Unfortunately no," she said, pulling open the door to the freezer unit and grabbing a cup of yogurt for herself. "The damn thing's too thin, none of the plates would have held." Ali grumbled, bumping the silverware drawer shut with her hip as she dipped into the small cup with the spoon she'd retrieved. She glanced Mikaal's way and gestured with her spoon, mouth full of yogurt. "But you're right," she mumbled, swallowing. "I'll be able to bring both Verpine shatterpistols in this sucker." Ali grinned and patted her own stomach, then jerked her chin toward Mikaal inquiringly. "You've still got them, right? Sorry I couldn't pack them with my things."

/ [member=Mikaal Thraighn] \

Mike moved to the kitchen to dispose of his yogurt cup and put his spoon in the dish fresher. He then indicated the table off to the side, it held Mikaal's sniper rifle, Ali's two pistols and four other pistols, two blaster and two slug.

"I was in the zone before I went to sleep, so I hope you don't mind that I cleaned and oiled them for you." He moved over to the table and loaded Ali's pistols, set the safeties on and placed them at the edge of the table nearest her. He then loaded all four of his other pistols, he slid the two slug throwers into holsters tailored into the pants at the small of his back. He then shrugged into a shoulder harness that was accessible through specially designed, hidden cuts in his dress shirt which went on over it and got tucked into his pants. He holstered the blaster pistols in the shoulder harness and then pulled on his suit jacket. Due to the tailoring of pants and jacket, you could only tell that there were weapons concealed there if you knew what you were looking for, or knew the person before you. Mike had chosen a white suit, which set off against his nearly flawless blue skin and black hair quite well. He did not bother to button the jacket, but did do a slow spin for Ali. "What do you think?"

"Not at all, I appreciate it." Ali took the weapon as it was handed to her and pulled the chamber sleeve back just far enough to expose the round waiting inside. She unbuttoned the top two clasps of her dress and slipped the pistol into the light holster sewn into the fabric just beneath her breasts. Ali could feel the muzzle resting comfortably against her side. She did the same with the second weapon. Thraighn likewise prepared his outfit, and when he showed it off with a little twirl, Ali gave him a thumbs up and a wink. "Lookin' good," she said, refastening her outfit. "Ready?" Ali asked, making to move back toward the door. "We've got a short ten minute ride into the municipality and we're there."

/ [member="Mikaal Thraighn"] \

[member="Ali Hadrix"]

"Yeah, I'm fed and armed, let's get going." He extended his arm for her to precede him out. He set the bugs to record on motion and then shut the door. They went down to the street and had the concierge call a driver to get them. When they stepped outside, their driver and car awaited. Mike held the door for Ali, then slid in beside her. He smiled a lot and acted naturally as he glanced around, noting the people and cars around them. When he was certain they weren't being watched, he motioned for the driver to drive. He had already been detailed with their destination, so no words were required.

They arrived a few minutes later and Mike slid out, doing a quick look around before holding his hand out for Ali.

"Here we are."

The party was all in honor of Xander so being fashionably late was called for. His arrival woul dbe announced after everyone who was to be in attendance had arrived. [member="Sitara Qin"] meant to be the one everyone focused on. This was a simple recon job, designed to have all the players in one room. The ones against the Sith proposal would find themselves marked for death, a death which would be carried about by the two assassins which were among the party guests. Naturally Xander had things ready for the job. His lightsaber was tucked under his jacket, Sitara's as well as the dress he had gotten her would not hide the hilt discretely at all.

With a flourish the doors were soon to be opened, Xander held his arm out for the woman he knew he was falling for. This would be the first assignment they had taken together without the support of the rest of their guild. It was a true test for what they could accomplish together, the strength they had together.

"You look absolutely resplendant in that dress, my dear. I cannot wait to have you out of it so we can celebrate the victory we are certain to take for ourselves tonight. You are going to be the envy of every woman tonight... the one an the arm of a King!"

With his last words, the doors were opened to them, and the announcement was made to those in the ballroom of the grand hotel connected to the municipality building. A fanfare was sounded to garner everyone's attention as the pair descended the stair case, Xander waving as he knew to do, keeping very much to the refined nature of his aristocratic homeworld. With their arrival the party would begin.

"His Majesty Xander Blackmoore, King of the Indupar Crown Worlds, and Lady Sitara Qin."

The voice rang out, and the music for the first dance to begin was played. They would miss this dance as many of the political heads were waiting to mingle with them at the bottom of the stairs. Their work had now begun.

Ali kept an open eye as herself and Thraighn made their way arm in arm through the crowd. Her dress garnered little attention, much to Ali’s pleasure, though she found herself wishing the night she was replicating could be real. Of course, in such a fantasy her partner would be Têhra Syle'a, the beautiful young Hapan pelin'a she had waiting for her on the austere capital of the Consortium.
Ali smiled at guests as they passed, staying just long enough to garner a sense of who they were. The venue was a large government event chamber, with two wide staircases at either side beyond the elaborate foyer, each led to an upper deck carpeted in red that gave a full view of the chamber floor below. Lining the walls on either side of the two staircases were small alcoves with two- and four-person booths. The perimeter of the chamber contained more dining tables, and main floor itself featured a dancing court at its center, with a richly decorated stage. The stage was currently empty, though it boasted a line of shapely chairs for the event's guests of honor and important dignitaries.

As they made their way through the crowd, Ali guided them to a staircase, which they scaled to the second level for a good over view of the main floor. "Wait until the guests have been introduced and then take the main floor," Ali murmured to Thraighn, smiling politely at a passing Umbaran couple. Ali turned to face her partner, leaning with her back against the gilded railing behind her. "I can't be your primary security concern, there's too much at stake here and I'm understaffed." Ali grimaced slightly, she'd requested three agents for the mission, and only Thraighn had been approved for her administration.

Ali glanced over her shoulder, chocolate locks bouncing slightly, and looked down at the stage; the crowd had fallen quiet and it seemed the event was to be starting. Ali turned fully and gazed down upon the stage. The seats had been filled by dignitaries and politicians, most of whom Ali recognized as oppositional to Republic membership. The thought was slightly dismaying considering the fight Ali had brought just to claim a majority in the Obredaan congress.
A brief commotion drew Ali's attention away from the stage and back toward the elaborate entrance of the chamber.
A man, with a beautifully dressed young woman at his side, entered the chamber with a modicum of fanfare add their names were announced.
"His Majesty Xander Blackmoore, King of the Indupar Crown Worlds, and Lady Sitara Qin."

The colour drained from Ali's face and she felt herself reaching for Mikaal's forearm and gripping it tightly.
"The Sith are here," Ali heard herself mutter. She turned away and pressed her back against a pillar, hiding herself from the woman in the red dress. "Tara..." Ali whispered, peeking out to glance down at the dark haired woman strolling confidently on the arm of the nobleman Ali knew to have ties to the Sith order. She hadn't seen Sitara, the woman, since Kashyyyk, and hadn't been sure she wanted to see her at all. A pleasant afternoon of beachfront lovemaking had turned into a nightmare of emotional manipulation and sexual control. Sitara's had used her ability to force herself into Ali's mind to effectively enslave her. Ali had followed the instructions her mistress had left in her flat, keeping everything about their relationship secret.

While Sitara held an extraordinary amount of power over Ali's mind, the current situation was vastly different. Ali was here to do a job, one to which she was committed wholly, and others, like Thraighn were relying on her. She couldn't afford to do anything that would put his life at unnecessary risk, nor jeopardize the mission either. It took a moment, but Ali composed herself and formed a new mission objective on the spot: Neutralize [member=Sitara Qin].

As the doors flashed open, she gave Xander’s hand a soft squeeze. Parties never intimidated her, in fact, she lived to be the life of them. As hundreds of faces turned towards them, she felt her heart flutter in her chest and her lips spread to a wide grin. ‘Eat your hearts out.’ She thought, moving in accordance with the handsome king by her side as hundreds of eyes watched them hungrily.

Politicians were all dogs. The majority of them were power hungry mongrels whose main purposes was to conquer what they could get their fingers on. The rest of them were just weak, allowing their people to step all over them. It was no wonder that cities were falling a part; the administration was usually filled with fething idiots. As they moved down the stairs, they began to engage in conversation. Most of them were interested in talking to [member="Xander Blackmoore"], probably because of his status. Those that spoke to her were their wives, she presumed, or simply mindless men trying to converse with a pretty girl.

But still, here she was mingling with the scum of the earth. Her cherry painted lips smiled politely at the middle-aged men who attempted to talk to her. “How are you enjoying your stay here so far, Lady Qin?” One of them said, his salt-and-pepper moustache bobbing at the top of his lip as she spoke. She nodded, moving her eyes away as though she had to think of what to say. ‘It’s been a pretty boring day. But in a few hours, things will be more exciting.

Oh I've been having such a great time. Everybody here is wonderful! A beautiful city, and an even more beautiful planet. ” She giggled, as a waiter passed by and offered the party a glass of fine champagne. She thanked him, and took the slender glass in her fingers. Ah yes, besides the merry-making in a few hours, it was going to be an incredibly boring night. There was no loud music, just this piano poodoo, and the drinks weren’t even that strong.

She chattered on, keeping the conversation about the planet, the people, and some other things going. Definitely wasn’t anything worth her while, but business was business and she couldn’t compromise the mission. She stared at Xander longingly, honestly hoping the night would end so they could whisk their clothes away in his bedroom and do the unspeakable.

A few hours more to go.’ She told herself, her eyes scanned the crowd around them.

Maybe there was something here that could liven up this party.

| [member="Ali Hadrix"] | [member="Xander Blackmoore"] | [member="Mikaal Thraighn"] |

Xander hated the schmoozing, especially when it tore him away from what, or who, he'd rather be doing. The one side effect of the way Sitara was dressed is that all eyes were on her, including his. There was one thing which was sure for the night though, Xander would be having his full of Sitara Qin when all was said and done. The had moments where they were literally so sweet that someone's tooth was getting a cavity. There were also the moments of downright raunchy behavior, and the pleasure they found in one another.

While Sitara was conversing with the ladies, Xander was with the men. Though his words with them were brief. Much of the conversation reveloved around the upcoming trade agreements with Indupar and Ec Pand, how the wine they would be gaining from such trade was the best, and other thing to butter up to the man who sat atop it all. Xander was not interested in the trade talks. No he was interested in the talks which were happening in regards to politcal alignment.

"Excuse me gentlemen, I am certain you are all excited about the trade agreement that has been reached in regards to our two societies, but I seem to have been hearing an overtone this past week at all the dinners, and evening celebrations, of an impending agreement with the Galactic Republic. While my home has always chosen to remain neutral in galaxies affairs, I am personally concerened such an agreement would put unforseen regulation on our agreements. I would hope your government is not planning on any course of action which would endanger our tentative arrangement."

The men all stood there with a look of confusion on their faces. Most unsure how Xander knew of the political leanings of the planet when they had not been discussed.

"Oh come now gentlemen, surely you didn't think I was coming here uneducated on a potential trade partner. Your economy will not benefit from such an arrangement with the Republic. What with your proximety to Sith Space, you would likely be nothing than a military world which would see an influx of soldiers, and increased attention as a potential target for the Sith to attack."

"Your Majesty, certainly you cannot expect us to believe you entirely. It is a very narrow picture you paint of the galaxy in which we live. I am most certain we will benefit greatly from their proposal, one which will not stop us from metting our obligation to you as well."

The voice came from a younger, more charismatic looking gentleman. Xander smirked now understanding why the men were so easily swayed. This young man had talent, unfortunately for his life expectancy, it was being used in the wrong direction. Young men like him always had a weakness, and Xander saw it. Though the young Prime Minister was speaking to Xander, his eyes were looking beyond to Sitara, drinking in her beauty, and feminine shape.

"Beautiful, isn't she," Xander said with a smile. "Tis a shame for you that what you are considering in the moment would force me to renig on our agreement entirely. As far as you are conerned, you may look, but she is mine to touch."

His mind wandered casually to Sitara's to inform her of her target for the evening. The seed had already been planted, and the woman would be much more effective at handling this man than Xander. Sitara already had him under her spell.

"The Prime Minister seems to sway most, he is your target for tonight. He's been undressing you with his eyes from the moment you stepped into the room. I am certain you can find a way to use this to your advantage."

Xander's thoughts to his lover were playful. His own target would reveal themselves soon enough. Though, Xander had quite the list which would be tested tonight. A few hours to go....

[member="Sitara Qin"] | [member="Ali Hadrix"] | [member="Mikaal Thraighn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom