Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC The Enlightened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: The Enlightened
Intent: To create a backing of native Mustafarians to support Ultimatum's claim to command of the planet
Affiliation: Ultimatum
Availability: Uncommon
Type: Politicians
Strength: 300

Description: Ultimatum had found that to continue to coexist with the organics, as well as to expand his company's base, he needed to begin taking leadership of the planet. Unfortunately the natives didn't seem to much care for Ultimatum's ideals or plans. They wouldn't obey an outsider as was their custom. They preferred to be independent and free of outsider influences. Ultimatum's initial attempts to become friendly with the natives revolved around the possibility of slowing the collection or minerals and other nonrenewable resources on the planet. It wasn't until quite a few attempts had failed that Ultimatum would realize that the people didn't very much care for their planet's sustainability. For some reason the natives simply wished to mine their planet until there were no resources left to obtain.

It was shocking to Ultimatum, he hadn't expected organics to be so uncaring of their environment which they relied on to live. Of course, this meant he had to change strategy. He tried to ingratiate himself to the natives, offering the services of his droids and the power of his company's products. The natives accepted the gifts happily, however their loyalties would not be bought. They were steadfast in their unwillingness to accept Ultimatum into any sort of inner circle. This distressed Ultimatum and for quite some time he left the natives to their own devices until he could devise some other plan.

The strange thing about organics is how even though they grow up in a similar environment they can still end up as polar opposites. Ultimatum found this in the fact that he met a number of Mustafarians who disagreed with the majority of their kin in that they wanted to conserve the planet's resources. They feared that at the rate of the mining processes there would not be much time left for the planet or its people. They calculated, somewhat pessimistically, that their world would only last a few centuries before resources were exhausted and nothing was left of their planet. Ultimatum was very willing to help these people, giving them droids and other such resources to help them start up their own businesses. It took time, but the end result was a large base of support for Ultimatum when he attempted to join the community.

There was still some difficulties, after all the Mustafarians he had helped were something of an oddity to the majority of the population. However, through clever manipulation, the understanding and recitation of history, and not a small amount of labor, Ultimatum was able to set himself up as ruler. The Enlightened were what the population called those that helped Ultimatum and were elevated to greater positions of importance. The Enlightened consist of native Mustafarians who were aided by Ultimatum or those that were willing to accept droid rulership.

Links: N/A

[member="Ultimatum"]

Okay so a few things
  • Need a type and by the sound of it, it looks like these people are just bureaucrats or civilian leaders that are supporting you so you could put type as politician or something like
  • Will these characters have any combat role, and if so, what weapons would they wield? Strengths and weaknesses?

Alright, made type "Politicians".

As for combat, these people will serve no purpose in combat, they are completely non-combatants.
With that in mind should I still give them strengths and weaknesses?

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Ultimatum"]
This is a curious case. I’m not sure you need this submission at all for just politicians. Since they’re not going to have a military application I’m not sure if there’s any point.

However, I accept the need for them to be submitted, if only so that if you use them later they can be shown to be approved. I will therefore give this a hesitant second stamp of approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom