Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The End (Friends welcome)

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
She was being brave--just like she promised. But that hardly quietened her sobs as she continued to hold her embrace. Death was not the end, and her mother had made that promise. She had the comfort she needed to proceed through her own life now and stand tall, but death--it was still sad. And no one could blame a child for crying over their dying parent. They would meet again, but perhaps not for a long time.

It was Felicity's turn, however. Celeste lingered as long as she could to receive the calming strokes of her mother's fingers brushing through her hair, but she could not hog this proximity. It was painful to let go. But she needed to. It was time for her sister and mother to make things right between themselves. Celeste nodded in confirmation that she would do her best to help her father.

"I love you, Mom." The princess relinquished her hug and pressed her wet cheek against Feena's for a moment, then kissed the queen before withdrawing. "I'll be good." Falling back, Celeste tapped her sister's shoulder and nudged her towards Mother.

[member="Feena Mason"], [member="Keter"]

[member="Feena Mason"] [member="Keter"] [member="Felicity Mason"] [member="Celeste Mason"] [member="Razor Shot"] [member="Owain"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Vorhi observed quietly as they went back in the room. Good kids. Naive, but that was a good thing. Felicity was quite the prodigious oracle, but she had yet to really understand what being an oracle met. What it could mean, and the dangers it held. Having to look where you couldn't see, how to understand your blind spots--and how to cover them. She was still quite skillful, though. Even if she had yet to understand it. And more than the sight, she also had the will--a trait most oracles lacked.

He looked over at Zaiden. "You know, all these years, Feena always worried about you. About the cost of your life, about how you looked after yourself. She's worried about that for a while. Probably still is, given her personality," he said softly. "Tell me: Just what is your plan of action?" He wasn't confrontational as he spoke. It was more soft, more...calm. Like a old man asking about the weather, Vorhi seemed entirely nonchalant, but still mildly concerned. "I don't know you, and I don't claim to judge you, even if I can see your soul. Just...remember her today. That's my only advice," he said, nodding fairly resolutely for a humble drunken pit brawler.

He nodded to the others. "Never been good at mourning. Then again, I suppose few people are...." He sipped a bit more of his drink, pacing himself. He didn't want to stay sober, but here he was. Trying his damnedest to stay coherent until this day ended, at which point he would crawl into a suitable gutter and fight with some geese, or whatever things live in the gutters of a world this obnoxiously polite and formal. His inner Dark Side wanted to roar at the injustice of watching someone so kind die so young. Then again, his lighter side wanted to find a way to mend the hearts broken by this lunacy. What was true is that with or without the force, no part of him was happy with this state of affairs. He wished he could leave, but no. He still had a duty. A fool's errand, but it mattered, to him at least.

He looked to the other two. A jedi and a young man holding a child. The aura of the girl. Well, that was interesting. This must be Owain, then. He sighed slightly. "You two seem like good men. A pity we had to meet on a day like this. I can say, though, that there is good reason for both of you to be here. You have not yet seen it, but it will matter. Then again, you probably shouldn't take this old drunken wastrel too seriously."

Yoru Shakou

The Duchess remained at the side of her friends bed, her ghostly figure shimmering, almost as if it were a holographic image that was experiencing problems. The more the emotions of the room ebbed and flowed between sorrow, anger, despair, joy, acceptance, every little emotion seemed to flicker her image between that of what she was then and now; appearing as a motherly figure calm and serine in the face of death, and that of a fiery woman, an apparition of anger and rage. Bringing a ghostly hand up to her chest, she steadied her mind as she began to filter through the myriad of emotions that filled the air around her.
Then that soft smile returned, the one that she wore across her lips every time, even when it was clear that she was angered. That was what had made her dangerous, her cool and collective thoughts. Running her hand along her gown, she let out a soft sigh as she watched her friend's final moments as she spoke with her family. Her eyes falling upon Felicity, knowing that she was shouldering a heavier burden, one that the Magrath family owed a deep debt.

Returning her attention to the ailing Queen, she softly smiled once more, her ghostly hand reaching out and lightly running along her forehead. Watching her friend closely as she leaned back before slipping from the bed. Her image, her physical appearance flickered again. It was possible that this was nothing more than an apparition, a figment of the mind created from the Force; or it could full well be a Force Ghost, yet the Duchess wouldn't say.

For her though, in that moment all that mattered was that she was there to comfort a friend. Looking out the window, she kept her attention forward upon the world that spread out before her. A soft sigh escaping along her lips as she began to speak, though it was as if only a select few could hear her.

"Do not fear Death. When they arrive before you merely smile and open your arms. Greet them as you would an old friend, and walk with them into the world beyond. You will be immortal, for your legacy and memory shall live. Just as all whom pass remain immortal in the hearts and minds of those they left behind."
Turning slowly, her image flickered again, watching still. Her eyes seemed to regain some semblance of color to them; those golden-yellow hues appearing for a moment before fading once more to the flickering ghostly facade. That smile never once leaving her lips.
[member="Feena Mason"]
[member="Felicity Mason"]

[member="Vorhi Alestrani"] [member="Feena Mason"]

Zaiden stared silently at the man as he spoke of Feena's concern, feeling love swell at the thought. She was always far more bright than he ever could be. However...

Just as his thoughts began to turn, the other asked of his plans, "We will just have to see won't we." Zaiden murmured. He did not wish to provoke a counter measure from the other two Masters until the time came that it was said and done. Until then, like he himself tended to be, his plans needed to remain hidden.

"I will always remember Feena. No matter how many lives I live, she will always be my sister." He said, with that he folded his arms and leaned against a wall. It would likely be time soon...

Reaching out, Zaiden sensed his sisters weariness, then murmured to her telepathically, I love you dear sister. Do not pass before you allow me to see you again.

The girl was blinking quickly. Scared. This could well be the last time she saw her Mother alive. The last time they would touch as Mother and Daughter. It terrified her. She watched Celeste withdraw, noting the necklace around her neck- Mothers necklace. She blinked more, struggling to keep herself in check. As she approached, she looked at her Father for support. He was mothers constant guardian. She knew he would not leave her bedside until the end. Would Owain do this for her too? Stay, comfort her until the end? If so, then Felicity would know she'd found 'the one'.

She approached, sitting beside the bed as her Mother spoke to her, lamenting about time lost. Her words only made her need to blink harder. Her abilities, her talents, she was this, that, things. She had to lean in to hear exactly what was being said.

"You didn't let me down mom. I know you had other things to worry about! I don't blame you for that!"

But maybe the truth was, she really did, at least a little bit. Being left behind was hard, being left out was harder. For four years, it was as if she'd been looking into a glass bubble, watching her mother from afar, never quite able to get close enough. She'd wanted to be close. She'd wanted nothing more than to have her Mother around, to learn everything she could. She hadn't even gotten a chance to attempt healing. Now, it was too late.

"I don't blame you. I... I might have a few years ago, but it's alright now mom. Please, don't worry."

[member="Keter"] [member="Celeste Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
For a long time, Feena watched the ghost of her friend, listened to her words. They were so loud, so clear now. And she looked almost solid to her. The former Queens eyes sparkled. She was about to respond, then her daughter spoke.

Forgiveness. She spoke the words Feena had been literally dying to hear. She didn't blame her. Don't worry. It's alright.

Feena's eyes found her husband once more before going back to Felicity. She was so much of her Father. She saw it everywhere, in her hair, her chin, her smile, her laugh- but she had one thing from her mother. She had one thing of hers that Feena could be proud of.

She had her heart.

"I have a gift..." she whispered, cold, bloodless hands fumbling to pull something out from under her pillow, "It was... something special to me. At a point in time."

She pulled out the shining, plain cylinder that was Feena's old lightsaber. Unused now for nearly twenty years. She'd had the dust cleaned off, the metal polished, until it looked as good as new. She locked eyes with her now adult daughter and handed it to her.

"Ask your father to teach you how to better use it. I know you have the basics down already. If you are going to have one, I would rather you have mine."

She wanted to smile. This was what she'd wanted to do for years, ever since Felicity showed interest in the art of swordplay. But the time was never right. She was always too young, too reckless, too arrogant. Then she went to train with her brother. Disaster as that was, Felicity still showed promise with a lightsaber. But then, Feena was so convinced that peace was the only way. Being absolutely neutral. Even in the end, she still didn't believe in violence, but this girl in front of her was not her. She was her own person.

"You will choose how you use it," she continued, "And I want you to fully understand what this is. This is not a weapon, Felicity. This is not just a tool either. This is a part of you. If you kill someone with your saber, it will not have been your saber that has killed them, it will have been you. I want you to fully understand that. I took a life once with this very saber. I don't ever want you to go through that too unless there is no other choice."

[member="Razor Shot"] [member="Duchess Magrath"] [member="Vorhi Alestrani"] [member="Celeste Mason"] [member="Keter"]

The lightsaber caught the low light of the bedroom in so many ways, bouncing with every tiny movement of the wrist. It was a simple thing, a long thin handle, polished silver. Only a switch to turn it on and off and to adjust the length of the blade. Felicity did not know the color, and she would not find out for some time. It wasn't important. It was something from Mother. Something made from her heart and soul. Made when she was the very same age as her.

Felicity stared at it for a long while in her hands while her Mother spoke. Would she ever use it? It wasn't entirely unlikely. Felicity had been groomed for a life of politics, but it was no secret she did not have the same talent and patience that her Mother had. Truth was, Felicity had wanted to join her brother, defend the Galaxy. Protect people. Put herself out there, have adventures, see danger. But...

She had Zeldara now. And Owain. She clutched the lightsaber to her heart. There was a blink of a second that she wondered if Mother wasnot asking her to put the blade through her heart, to put her out of her pain. But that thought was gone in a blink, stashed away as if it had never happened.

"I will make you proud, Mother," Felicity whispered, knowing full well that if she spoke any louder her voice would crack and tears would break through again, "I love you."

She leaned in to place a careful kiss on the dying woman's forehead.

The Eternal Queen
"I love you as well, my little Princess."

She gave a smile and placed a hand on the girls cheek.

"Now," she said, "Go send in that boyfriend of yours. I want to threaten him. Just one more time."

Yes. It was necessary. If she was going to leave her child behind, she had to make sure that the boy courting her was good enough. They'd spoken before. Feena had threatened, scared him, tried to get him away from her precious child. It hadn't worked, of course. Why would it work? Feena had come to accept him though. It was simply part of life. Felicity was grown. She would do as she liked.

Owain? The blonde looked shocked. She tried not to laugh and ruin the mood, of course. Mom would ask to see him, wouldn't she? Had to get just one more snarky remark in. One more threat. Didn't trust anyone else to put him down properly.

Felicity got up without a word, pausing at the door to look behind just once more, before leaving.

"Owain?" The girl spoke out, shutting the door behind her, "Mother is asking for you now..."

[member="Owain"]

Owain

Lord High Grand Commander Esq.
Carefully swaying Zelda to sleep as he walked, the youth heard his name and glanced up. He had been on the fringes of the little gathering, and was surprised to be summoned. The Queen? Wanted him? Why?

Oh.

Right.

Of course.

Biting back a sigh so as to not be disrespectful, Owain approached and handed the cooing baby over to her mother, sharing a smile with the blonde before stepping inside. He made sure not to slouch as the red eyes of Keter Mason fixed on him warningly. Yeah, this was going to be awkward.

"You summoned me?" he coughed politely into his fist. Oh yes. Smooth. Idiot.

[member="Felicity Mason"][member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
The door opened once again and the boy walked in. Feena's cold silver eyes were difficult to read, but she knew the boy would understand. She was... excited to see him again, giddy almost. She never had as much fun as when she was teasing someone relentlessly.

"Ah! Owain Barnabus. Good of you to join me. I am glad you could be here to see me off."

Her voice was weak as a new born tauntaun, but there was life in it still. She smiled, glancing at Keter once more to ensure he was still there.

"After all, you're practically family now, from what I've heard."

[member="Owain"]

The Jedi didn't complain when his conversation with the girl was cut off by her being called in. Instead, he smiled at her, mouthing "Good luck" toward her as he watched her go, and soon he watched as others joined her and the door closed.

Once they were gone, he frowned, staring at the door for a moment. Goodbyes were never an easy thing to say...

Yoru Shakou

The figure of the Duchess gracefully moved through the room, as she had in life, or rather in a physical form as it were. The image of her once more switching, flickering for a moment due to the emotions that had flooded into the room from all those around her. It was as if her figure was being changed, and pressed upon by those emotions. Composing herself once more, she approached the young girl.... no, the young woman.
Those eyes that had been a golden-yellow hue seemed to flash the color once more to stand apart from the more ghostly like apparition that she had appeared as. Her hand coming down slowly and resting upon Felicity's shoulder as she offered a small smile that crossed her lips. Leaning forward and placing a kiss upon the young woman's forehead. She leaned forward so her lips could brush against her ear, whispering a secret to her.
"When your sister comes for you, go with her. All three of you. She will reveal upon you a secret, one which sadly your mother will not get a chance to see."

The last of the words were drawn out, filled with sorrow as the Duchess appeared for a moment as a drowned woman, water pouring from her eyes and mouth before she appeared once again in her more stately image. Slowly turning away from Felicity, she gracefully seemed to glide across the room, slipping back to rest upon the edge of the bed. Her hand resting on the hand of her old friend's as she kept her eyes upon the Queen.
When her words were spoken to the young man, she nodded softly before leaning forward to the Queen. A soft tear seemed to roll down her cheek, and she remained composed for the moment. Memories flooding back of her friend, whom she would soon be without. Now though was a time for secrets to be known as she let out a heavy sigh.
"I am sorry my friend for not appearing sooner. Perhaps we could have had a longer time together. When I return I shall watch over them, Felicity and Celeste. My death was untimely and done so to protect a family, a ruse in which I was spirited away. Yours is much more painful. A life cut short with so much potential to be lost, yet it shall flow in the blood of those whom carry on."
The Duchess leaned back slightly. She had felt terrible that all she could do in that moment was appear to her friend as a ghostly image, a mere projection of herself from across the Galaxy. She was not a true Force Ghost, and in that moment it pained her to know that she would not be waiting on the other side for her friend. Though in this Galaxy there was much for her to do, and she would ensure that her burning flame would burn all the brighter for her old friend.
[member="Feena Mason"]
[member="Felicity Mason"]
[member="Celeste Mason"]

Owain

The youth winced as the woman relentlessly mocked him. What a b-witch! That's right, a space witch. Even on her deathbed she couldn't help but put him down. Then again, she was dying, she was allowed some cheer at others' expense. He coughed into his hand again to mask his nervousness before asnwering. "I wouldn't know about that. It's your daughter's call," he replied evenly, wondering what the woman actually wanted. Surely not to just mess with him...

...right?

[member="Feena Mason"] [member="Felicity Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
The dying woman managed a weak laugh. The poor boy. But still, she was having fun. No harm in just teasing him. He could afford to indulge a dying woman. Besides, she wasn't angry about his relationship with her daughter. She was actually quite relieved.

"Really now, you can't possibly be that dense. You know as well as I, if you simply asked, she'd say yes. What is keeping you?"

[member="Owain"]

Owain

He sniffed at that. "What if I want to be asked?" Owain countered, looking down at the woman with the haughtiest expression he could muster before breaking into a smile. Well...she seemed resigned to what could happen at least. "Besides, there's proper procedure to be followed when it comes to Princesses," he added with a wink. Pity that they could only see eye-to-eye on her deathbed.

[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
She snorted at that.
"Proper procedure indeed! You are raising a child together! I don't think you get to be picky, boy."

Still, she kept smiling. So, he was waiting for Felicity to ask first? Feena was under the impression that she already had, and Owain had insisted they 'do things right', or something equally stupid. Honestly though, what little she did know, came from rumor and speculation, so she hardly had room to judge.

"I don't think you're waiting for her. I think you're afraid of something. Am I wrong?"

She motioned for him to take the seat beside the bed. Stay a while. They'd never seen eye to eye before, but now, well, he was practically his son-in-law, or as close as they'd ever get at this point. Feena knew she'd be dead long before they actually married.

Owain

"Is saying 'you' inappropriate?" he pondered out loud, sitting down where she indicated. Within throttling distance he noted. This was going to be fun...

[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
The woman responded with a series of coughs. When she pulled her hand away, she noted blood on it. Less than was usual, but it was still troubling. She took a lacy white handkerchief from her bedside table, wiped her hands, then her lips.

"I will take you dodging my question as a yes," she replied horsey, "Don't be a coward now. I can't stand the thought of my daughter marrying a coward. Do me one kindness and don't be one."

[member="Owain"]

Owain

Cowardice? Smart survival is what he called it. But that wouldn't be political, so he just nodded in agreement. "As you wish, ma'am," he replied, sitting with his back straight. He didn't know this woman - what was he supposed to say? Force this was awkward...

[member="Feena Mason"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom