D R E AD
Q U E E N
- Intent: Personal Flagship of the Vicelord's Dread Fleet
- Image Source: Vadim Sadovski & Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Mission(s):
First Dominion of April
- Second Dominion of April
- Third Dominion of April
[*]Primary Source: CNS Midnight Exigent
Jaeger Solutions (Defensive Systems)
- Iron Crown Enterprises (Weapon Systems)
- Confederacy of Independent Systems (Design)
[*]Model: Subjugator-class Super Star Destroyer
[*]Affiliation: The Confederacy | Dread Fleet
- Reinforced Durasteel (Frame)
- Damage Reduction Armor, Matrix Armor, Turadium (Hull)
- Glasteel (Viewports)
- Classification: Super Star Destroyer
- Length: 10,000 meters
- Width: 1,350 meters
- Height: 1,800 meters
- Maneuverability Rating: Low
- Speed Rating: Low
- Hangar: None | 0 Squadrons
Executive Landing Bay (1)
- Primary: Slow
- Backup: Very Slow
[*]Dual-Emitter Composite Beam Cannon
- Prow-Mounted (1)
- Ventral (2)
[*]Deck Cannon Batteries
[*]Heavy Turbolaser Batteries
[*]Long-Range Turbolaser Batteries
[*]Quad Laser Cannon Batteries
[*]Flex Tube Warhead Launchers
- Rating: Extreme
Primary: Aegis-class Shield Generators
- Secondary: Redundant Deflector Shield Generators
- Droid Brain Automation Systems
- Standard Communications Array
- Standard Navigational Systems
- Standard Life Support Systems
- Standard Targeting Systems
- Standard Sensory Array
- HoloNet Transceiver
- Encryption Network
- Meditation Chamber
- Detention Cells
- Escape Pods
- Aegis-class Shield Generators
- B1-TM3 Countermeasures Package
- Tactical Sensor Jamming Device
- Gravitic Amplitude Modulator
- That Guy's Caf Shop
- Fist of the Vicelord:
The Dread Queen was born to be the inverse to its elder sister - the Fortressa. To this end, the warship features a monstrous assortment of weapons and countermeasures. In particular, the vessel's main armament - the Solar Pulse Cannon - is capable of bypassing conventional shields to deal grievous damage to capital and subcapital ships alike.
[*]Eyes of the Eagle:
- Between her prow-mounted, Composite Beam Cannon and her dedicated, Long-Range Turbolaser Batteries, the Dread Queen is capable of combating targets well outside of typical range. In addition, as the Composite Beam Cannon was designed with engaging supercapital ships, it is capable of inflicting a significant sum of damage that is on par with a Proton Beam Cannon.
- Housed deep within the belly of the Dread Queen is one of the Vicelord's own Phobis Devices. Once activated by his command, this artifact is capable of spreading widespread hysteria over the localized battlefield.
- As a flagship, the Dread Queen is equipped with a wide variety of countermeasures and specialized systems. From exceptional, multi-layered shielding to a GAM for addressing gravitic warfare, she is thoroughly equipped to weather a number of battlefield threats.
- Strength, At A Cost:
Although a number of dedicated reactors have been assigned to the most notable onboard systems, the Dread Queen is a behemoth of power drain. In light of this reality, she can only fire her three most powerful weapons - Solar Ionization Cannons & Composite Beam Cannon - one at a time, lest she be rendered completely inert. Furthermore, there is a recharge time of several minutes between firing any of these three armaments.
[*]Mighty, Yet Slow:
- The Dread Queen is furthest from the swiftest vessel in the Galaxy. Between her Hyperspace rating and sublight pace, she will easily be one of the slowest ships in any engagement.
- The nature of her Solar Pulse Cannons and Phobis Device are such that impacting allied vessels is a very real possibility. Due to the indiscriminate nature of both weapons, employing either during any engagement presents a very real danger of adversely affecting allied ships.
- The Dread Queen lacks a combat-related hangar and instead features a small landing bay for shuttles and the like. Therefore, she must totally rely upon the complements of adjacent capital craft for starfigher defense.
- As is the case with any Force-centric offense, the Dread Queen's Phobis affect can be nullified by Ysalamir, Void Stone, and the like.
- Much akin to its ancestor, the Malevolence, the Dread Queen's Pulse Cannons are especially susceptible to fire from above. This is further compounded by the sparse presence of anti-starfighter weaponry towards the dorsal part of the vessel.
"Where did the name come from? It's what everyone calls her when they think she's not paying attention. She can't stand it, ha!"
-Darth Metus, on the origin of the Dread Queen
As the Great Galactic War entered its final stages, the Confederacy doubled down on building its warmachine. With the future of the Galaxy uncertain, it made perfect sense for the southern nation to prepare as best it could for any storm. To this end, a monumental boon to the Confederacy's militant budget was passed - culminating with a new addition to the Confederate Armada. Dubbed - affectionately - as the Dread Queen, the Super Star Destroyer is a ferocious addition to the nation's armed forces.
In comparison to its existing kin, the Dread Queen is much more vicious than the Fortressa and shares the brutality of the Midnight Exigent. It has been armed to the teeth with a plethora of exotic armaments, with each poised to do as much damage as possible to enemy capital ships. Furthermore, it more than fulfills the role of Command Vessel, as it houses just as many specialized systems and countermeasures as it does weapons. Though it is hardly the quickest ship in the fleet and lacks a hangar, the Dread Queen is the Vicelord's personal choice in transportation.
Of course, this "bias" has absolutely nothing to do with the Caf Shop aboard. None whatsoever.
All in all, the Dread Queen is terrifying entry into the lineup of Confederate, Super Star Destroyers.