Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Disease Rising (Rakghoul Outbreak)

The BlackStar entered the atomosphere of the planet. No records produced a name for the planet so Jerrick was in unknown territory near the end of the Outer Rim. A job had brushed his way, sending him here for a pick up of weapons. A hefty reward was promised for a completely anyomous return. Jerrick neared the surface as he broke atomosphere, a city was in veiw, probably no bigger then Mos Esely on Tatoonie. As he neared the closetest landing pad it was quite obvious the city had been deserted for many years. "What the.." Jerrick breathed. A chill shot up his spine as the ghost city came in full view. The Mand'o landed the ship and powered down the engines. He opened his comms hailing the holders of the weapon shipment. Nothing, just static. "Dead zone..comms don't work here I guess." He said out loud.

Jerrick got up from his seat and checked his gear. He slid his helmet on activating its hud. He checked his rifles optics, dead on accuracy. His pistol already on his person, along with his vibrodagger. He slipped on his rifles sling, and walked to the back of his ship and hit the doors control. He stepped out and looked all ways available. His hud gave no life sign readings. But something was off with the planet, with this city. He stepped closer to the nearest building, a shop of some kind. Closer examination showed fresh scorch marks. Entering the building, tables, chairs, and clothes scartted the place. "Shab'la...this disatser just happened..." he said aloud. Blood streaked the walls, he took his helmet off, and breathed deep. The smell of death comsumed his nostrils. The chill went up his spine again. What happened here?

Adenn hated it when someone was to lazy to name a planet that, he was sure, was fairly close to other populated planets. But he didn't have time to worry about it, he was here on a bounty "I'm a kriffing di'kut" Adenn fussed "this probably isn't even a bounty. Just a trap to kill me" he knew that if someone attacked him he should be able to escape. Starting his decent on the planet Adenn saw a small city, deciding that was the best place to land he turned his ship and flew towards the city 'strange' he thought 'I don't see any movement. Unless they are all inside' scanning the city Adenn spotted another ship, It had just turned off "or they were scared away" landing his ship in front of the strangers Adenn stepped out, in full gear "hey!" He yelled "is anyone here!" He drew one of his Mandalorian rippers to defend himself just in case "HEY!" He yelled out again, this time with the help of his helmets built in voice amplifier. Just as Adenn was about to call out again he saw movement, not of a animal but a humanoid. Aiming his weapon at the movement Adenn called out "who are you"

@[member="JerrickShado"]

Jerrick heard a ship land outside the shop, then yelling. Jerrick turned around and stepped out, waving at the stranger. "Hey you my contact for the weapon shipment?" He yelled back. Never had jerrick been so early that he arrived before the contact. Strange as it was Jerrick felt this man wasn't. He saw a blaster, Mandalorian made, "wow ner'vod I'm not a threat" jerrick didn't make a move for his blaster, instead raised his hands in a show of peace.

Moments after Adenn had aimed at movement something stepped out, a man Adenn guessed by his build and he was also a Mandalorian judging by his T-slit visor. Lowering his weapon Adenn said "contact? I don't think so. I'm here for a bounty, not to deliver weapons" he holstered his weapon and approached the man and shook his hand, mando style "so ner vod, what brings you to this uncharted planet." He paused "other than a weapons shipment, and since you seem to have been Here for longer than me, do you know what happened to whatever species was living here? A battle considering the scorch marks?" Adenn scanned the buildings around them waiting for an answer.

@[member="JerrickShado"]

Jerrick offered his arm to the other man. "Jerrick. And something nasty. There's a lot of blood in that shop I just came out of...and torn clothes. Blasters didn't do that." A bounty...Jerrick wondered if the man was here to kill him..but for what? Jerrick looked around as a wind picked up a little. It was a unsettling wind. Where was everyone. Jerrick contued. "A bounty? Out here? Makes sense..hope I'm not the bounty." Jerrick joked

"No you're not the bounty," Adenn said to @[member="JerrickShado"] "and I would never hunt a fellow mandalorian unless they had done something terrible and needed killing or they didn't consider themselves Mandalorians anymore." He thought about what the man had said, torn clothes, blood, it sounded like slugs but Jerrick didn't mention bullet holes "you sure they were no bullet holes from anything?" Adenn asked the man.

Jerrick nodded, "Just outside, but that's way too much blood for any animal I've seen to make, also comms are jammed." He noted. Jerrick looked around suddently a loud growl rose from building nearby, Jerrick shouldered his rifle. "Hear that?"

"K'uur vod, use internal coms only" Adenn said while taking out his shotgun "don't want anything to hear us" taking aim at the noise he crouched and prepared to leap, with the help of his jet pack, at the whatever came out the door. The fact that this was an uncharted planet made Adenn even more worried about what was there, on a charted planet he could at least assume that it was something either the strongest or the weakest, here he didn't know how weak the strong were and how strong the weak were.

@[member="JerrickShado"]

Jerrick turned to enternal comms, whatever it was, it sounded big. "Any idea what that is?" Jerrick asked, as a big grotseque creature emerged from a ally way, he didn't know how to describe it, then Jerrick realized it resembled a old enemy of the Mandos. "Adeen, is that..a rakghoul?" He asked nervously.

(OOC: sorry for the long wait and short post there really wasn't much I could do,)

"I believe it is" Adenn said before taking out his shotgun and opening fire on the rakghoul, slowly ripping it to pieces "don't get close to them" he warned "or let them swarm you either" the rakghoul finally fell, missing both it's arms, most of its body and it's head "we need to leave" Adenn ordered.

@[member="JerrickShado"]

Jerrick turned around and saw another right behind them. He realesed a volly of fire at it. Dropping the beast before it could do anything. "Shabla this isn't good. Our shebs are toast out here." He spoke. With comms out this was even more dangerous. Jerrick could hear more but no clue from what direction. Everything echoed. "Ner'vod any ideas?" He almost whispered.

Black Phoenix

B
A HWK-290 appeared in orbit around the planet. The pilot of the ship had tracked a criminal to this planet and he intended to get that man killed. He descended into orbit and was en route to the only city the planet had. There he would surely find some clues as to where the criminal went.
When the rooftops of the city came into view, he flew directly to a small space port that was located a bit outside the city.
Phoenix didn't bother hailing air traffic, but it was strange that they didn't call him when he landed. Not wasting any more thoughts on the matter, he left his ship and was surprised when he didn't see anyone there. Nothing, no droids, no humans, no aliens, no sentient life at all.
''Maybe the staff have a day off.'' He said going towards a door that led to the main hall

Jerrick pulled Adeen to a spot he deamed holdable. A small restruant with one door and small windows. "There, looks easily defendable ner'vod." He heard a ship, and thought to himself 'their in for a suprise'. He tossed the mando in and himself. And began pushing tables into the windows and a table infront of the door. He searched the place looking for anything useful.

Black Phoenix

B
As soon as he entered the main hall, the stench of death filled Phoenix' nostrils. He was used to death, but he had never really seen or smelled something like this. It was a disgusting smell of rotting flesh and everywhere he looked was blood.
'What happened here?' He thought to himself. He headed out to investigate and there he got his answer. Rakghouls. Those zombie-like creatures, once sentient, were cannibalistic beasts and they were dangerous. A single Rakghoul could lead to the destruction of a whole planet. That's what probably happened here.
But his pondering was cut short when one of the rakghouls noticed him and charged at the man in the trench coat. The Rakghoul was screaming, which alerted the rest of the rakghouls. It was a pack of 6 normal rakghouls and a bigger one, who looked to be the leader of the pack.
He smirked ''Yes try and get me, foolish beasts!'' Then a volley of shots came from his blaster aimed right at the pack.

Noise in the distance caught Jerrick's attention. 'Suprise' he said to himself. Adeen seemed busy with himself or something. Jerrick contiued seach the restruant. Till he got to the back where the food was kept. A ruffle noise drew his aim towards the pantry. "Adeen, somethings in here!" He said in his helmet. He moved slowly towards the pantry doorm grabbed it, then slung it open. A small kid about the age of eight sat knees up to his chest with wide eyes. 'Shabla its a kid' he said again to himself. He lowered his weapon and knelt down. "Hey, its okay." He said removing his helmet so the boy could see his face. "What's your name?" He asked. The boy looked to be in shock.

jerrick"stardust listened but only got static gitting frustated stardust shut the comms off she couldnt go out and look then a idea struck her"R8"the name of her trusted astromech"im going to link to you follow jerricks last know signal"with a beep r8 confirmed and made his way to do so

More rakghouls were pouring in from most alleyways and running straight towards Adenn and Jerrick "you have a jet pack vod?" He asked Jerrick "'cos your going to need one." Adenn leaned out of cover and unleashed a volley of slugs at the nearest rakghoul, Jerrick shouted something "what is it." Adenn turned and saw him holding a child "how the shab did that kid survive?" This was no time to question it though, more rakghouls were attempting to enter the house "Jerrick, we got to go"

@stardust@JerrickShado@Black Phoenix

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom