Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG The Disciples of Bogan

Leru Dara

L
To understand the Dark Side of the Force, one must first come to the understanding that knowledge itself is a lie.
-
Leru Dara

The Dark Side of the Force was originally known simply as Bogan. Rather than the malevolent power that the galaxy has come to classify it as, Bogan encouraged someone who sought to use emotions and the Force itself to further their own personal goals, or those near them. Rather than embody order and discipline, as is the way of Ashla, the Light Side of the Force, Bogan called for a form of controlled Chaos. Only through such chaos could change be brought. Only through such chaos could the individual, the group, or the galaxy as a whole, progress.

The Disciples of Bogan are an organization who seek to embody the ancient tenants, and the true understanding of Bogan, of how the Dark Side of the Force used to be before millennia of warping and alteration at the hands of those who claim to follow it. The Disciples of Bogan seek to break the stranglehold the followers of Ashla, the Light Side of the Force, hold on vast swathes of the galaxy. Only once the stagnation of the galaxy has been lifted, and the true understanding of the Dark Side of the Force brought back from where it was discarded so long ago, will the Disciples of Bogan finally end their crusade.

------

Hello! Sorry for that little speech above, but I wanted to get a bit of a description and goal for what is my first project on the site. I recently re-watched the Star Wars the Clone Wars episodes where they explore The Ones and some of the more ancient history related things of the Force. In particular, I enjoyed the look we got into the Son, and some of the mixed views and actions that he took at times. But, that was just the start of this thought, and several late nights of staring at various Wookiepedia articles inhuman amounts of Dr Pepper got me to this point.

The Disciples of Bogan I am hoping will sort of be a bit of an outsider group, a place for Dark Side leaning individuals who do not quite fit in with the Sith crowd. I want to explore the idea of a dark side dedicated group that does not have to use the title (though I enjoy them immensely) Sith and deals with problems not related to what the Sith Empire or other Sith oriented groups deal with. I also intend for the Disciples to be a fun new foe for Light Side users to deal with, opponents who follow the Dark Side of the Force, but may work or fight for goals and reasons that are strange or unpredictable, and in general bring a new angle to the conflict between Light and Dark sides of the Force.

I decided to take a bit of a leap of faith and post the idea sooner than I originally planned. At the end of the day, this is just an idea and would love to spark some interest in this and get some threads from this, and hopefully create a new faction if there is enough interest. If anyone has any questions, would like to discuss or suggest some edits and changes, or potential interest, please let me know either here or in PM's!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting idea. I myself often love different perspectives regarding the Force. For example having served as a a Knight of Ren. One of the more mysterious groups of the Unknown Regions. Often seeing the dark side as a term called the Shadow following closely with the Sorcerers of Rhands way of dark. Ultimately viewing the dark as to be fed through chaos and destruction. Ultimately feeding from the dark side rather than dominate it. Looking forward to seeing where this will go. :)

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Could be fun for the Galactic Alliances New Jedi Order.

Also, I have a neutral character interested in exploring both sides of the Force secretly. Exploring the dark side can be step one.

Leru Dara

L
The Knights of Ren were one of my other inspirations for the Disciples of Bogan, and one of the original names I had for the group was actually the Knights of Bogan! But I did not want to steal too much thunder from that group, as I see it already in use on the site!

Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren

I would be more than interested in playing a bit with the New Jedi Order! And partial training and instruction in the Dark Side of the Force that the Disciples follow would be a interesting a fun aspect that your character could explore that was not constantly world conquering mayhem. Although that is never off the table...

Ryv Ryv

Shakolt Tulgud

S
Definitely interested in this as well. This character is a general Dark Side cultist of sorts who has a hunger clawing at his brain for more dark side lore (Chaos, legends and canon) and is kind of based around the Blackguards. He's got a bit of the force in him but he isn't that strong in it. ICly he'd definitely be interested in the tenants of the disciples as he doesn't really adhere to a singular dark side group at the moment.

Leru Dara

L
Awesome! Would be awesome to do some threads with you. If we can get one more person interested then I will start getting everything set up!

Shakolt Tulgud

Leru Dara

L
I have subbed the planet the Disciples will be operating from in the future, and threads can be planned here! The faction is also created.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom