Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Demon Moon

Lilla Syrin

A great leap forward often requires first taking t
Lilla was feeling better by the second. The combination of the droids help plus the healing properties of the Force were having significant benefits.

Of course, from her starting position, any improvement would seem significant. She was not going to run a cross-country race in the next few hours — but standing, walking in a limping fashion and talking were within her capabilities now.

“Thanks for the advice. I’ll do my best not to put more weight on it than I have to.” Despite the earlier nausea, Lilla was now feeling peckish.

“Actually…I’m famished."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The crying subsided shortly after Dax left, and the man returned a couple moments later, an infant Zeltron in his arms who kept tugging at his hair giggling as the man winced periodically, "I can-ow-whip something up. Whatcha feeling? Ach, blast it Saya!" the man managed to get out in between bouts of pain as the tiny being gained growing interest in the sounds of pain Dax let out.

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

Lilla was not in the least motherly. She cared for the weak and oppressed, and children – especially babies – fitted into that category. But she never understood the need to cluck over little ones, the way some women did. Was it a natural thing? Did that make her unnatural?

She had nothing against any infants, but eyed Dax’s charge as a burden she would not like to have to face as a Jedi. Surely the parental bond would override any decision a Jedi ought to make?

But given he was not a Jedi, and it was none of her concern, she did not think more on the subject.

“Anything is fine – and if…Saya…needs something, please don’t deprive her on my account.”

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax could see the look in the Jedi's eyes. It was one he was well acquainted with. "She's not mine. Not really." he told her as he readjusted his grip on the tiny Zeltron, "She was with a Sith when I found her, apparently a 'tribute' from her parents, I imagine so they could all go on living. I tried to find her parents, but I came up with nothing." his voice didn't hold any disdain or irritation. In fact, it was quite the opposite, the Rogue had grown quite fond of the little girl, "I never planned on having kids. Ever. But, the Force works in mysterious ways sometimes." Dax shrugged as he said this. "Anyways, I'll cook us up something easy. Feel free to take a look around or catch some shut eye or whatever." the Rogue said, leaving to go start some food. The Revenant Dawn wasn't a large ship, so if [member="Lilla Syrin"] elected to take a look around she'd find the usual armory/cargo hold, a main living area, furnished with a holo projector, some games, etc, and Dax's personal quarters, as well as Saya's room.

Lilla Syrin

Lilla smiled. "I'd say she's yours, in as much as you'd be hard pressed to tell her any different." Lilla did not know what it felt like to have parents, or even family -- but she expected it was a bond that was given unequivocally and without any expectation of return. She suspected the infant felt that way about Dax and vice versa. Yes, she could have used her empathy to ascertain how accurate her summation was -- but she chose not to. Some things were too private to be proven one way or another.

"And yes, I'll go for a short wander -- the exercise will do me good, take some of the stiffness out of my limbs."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"I suppose so," the Rogue whispered quietly to himself as he left the Jedi to her own devices. Now that he was being forced to think about it, the idea of being an actual father to somebody terrified him. He had no clue how to do that, his only father figure had been his master, but that had consisted of lots of training and hunting down criminals in a desert. He hoped Saya wouldn't take that path if only because it had brought him so much trouble and grief.

As the Rogue placed the child on the counter she looked up at him with the big, curious eyes of an innocent. "I guess you're my responsibility now huh?" The tiny Zeltron let out a bubbling giggle as Dax spoke to her, "I'm gonna have to figure out how to raise you to not be an ass like me...aw hell...I'm gonna need help, aren't I?" The girl reached out and grabbed his sleeve, tugging it as if she were experiencing the sensation of cloth on her skin for the first time.

--

Where ever [member="Lilla Syrin"] went, she'd see the hallmarks of a life on the road. Slightly dirty walls, ceilings and floors. Scratches and the occasional stains on furniture. But in Dax's room alone was there anything that gave evidence of a life beyond the Void. Besides the clearly Ancient Sith and Jedi artifacts, or the lightsabers on the stand, there was a single picture. It was an actual picture too, not just hologram. It showed Dax and a snowy haired woman with fox ears and tails smiling at the camera that Dax was evidently holding, guessing from the outstretch arm.

Lilla Syrin

Parents were not something Lilla was an expert on. Bu in Dax, she saw someone that cared – and she figured that had to be the most important attribute. Nobody could be a truly natural parent that was 100% right all of the time. Nor was there, as far as she was aware, a flimsi on the subject.
No, it would be like being a Jedi – some good principles, and then some trial and error. But if you kept true to your heart, you probably couldn’t go far wrong.

Lilla wandered around the ship – although the grand tour was relatively brief – at was a personal ship after all.

She finished up in what must have been Dax’s room – the first to give any hint that he was a Force sensitive. As well as a collection of sabers, there were a few artefacts – both light and dark judging from their auras – and a single picture.

Lilla had seen plenty of murals, as well as some high-end art and plenty of holo-images. But prints were far less common, so she was drawn to the picture automatically. Dax and…another. Someone close. A partner perhaps? The lack of any feminine trappings suggested she did not travel with him, but clearly she was important enough to warrant pride of place on the wall.

Lilla instinctively felt this was not a subject she felt comfortable to raise.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Food's ready whenever you are." Dax said from behind the Jedi as he stepped into the room. At some point or another he'd quietly crept up behind the woman. He had a bad habit of being too quiet on occasion.

The Rogue looked over to what the Jedi had been looking at, the picture, "That's Ki, my better half. That was taken during a voyage to the Firefist Galaxy on an exploration mission for the Coalition." he explained as he walked over to his collection of sabers and picked up the one with the curved hilt, rubbing his thumb over a scratch near the emitter. Putting it back down he said, "Hope you're not a vegetarian. I shoulda asked, sorry."

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

Lilla smiled as her host mentioned food. She saw eating as a purely functional activity - not that she didn't appreciate well-cooked food, but rather she ate most often to provide fuel for her body. Nothing more and nothing less.

And all that exercise plus her medical work had left her mentally, but more importantly, physically drained. And she needed sustenance.

"Thanks, and no...I'm not a vegetarian. I tend to eat just about anything - even ration bars!" It was true that, despite their blandness, when on missions she tended to eat nothing else - given they were a perfectly balanced meal in a convenient wrapper. Even if they were relatively tasteless.

"What does Ki think of the little one?" she asked - more comfortable to rate the subject, given Dax broached it first.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom